• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Recent Happenings Thread

slowdude

Woke up and started SOS'd Dratini at Poni Gauntlet either for a Shiny HA Dratini (or evolutions) or a level 10-20 Dragonite with Multi Scale. Found a regular shiny Dratini early on and chained off that on and off for around 12 hours where i killed 3 other shiny Dratini's that were all Shed Skin. Finally found a Marvel Scale Shiny Dratini.

So i went and drained up a Pallosand and started and soon encountered a Shiny Dragonair with Shed Skin so i killed it and continued. R.I.P all the Shed Skin Dratini/Dragonairs.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Got through all the Aether Paradise stuff tonight. First, I looked around with Hau and Gladion while fighting a bunch of Aether employees. Those battles weren't too bad for the most part, but I did go back to Malie after fighting everyone at the docks to heal & use the mart.

After getting through the Aether employees, I battled a couple of Team Skull Grunts before fighting Guzma again. He was easier this time than back in Po Town. I did have to use most of my team against him, though, with my Lapras, Incineroar, Ambipom, and Pinsir all participating in the battle. None of my Pokemon fainted, though.

Next, I ran into the Ultra Recon Squad again and had to fight Soliera. I wasn't expecting that battle and had my Comfey as my lead Pokemon, so I was unprepared to deal with Poipole. I switched to Incineroar instead, and took Poipole down with my Inferno Overdrive Z-move.

My final fight was against Lusamine. My Comfey had learned Calm Mind on my Sun version, so I started setting up on Clefable. Once Comfey's Special stats were maxed out, I 2HKOed Clefable with Dazzling Gleam, then OHKOed the rest of Lusamine's team.

Finally, after some cutscenes I met up with Lillie & Gladion at the docks and sailed to Seafolk Village on Poni Island.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Did the part of TRR where they TOOK OVER my Festival Plaza that I ranked up so many times! :mad: which btw my Plaza rank just hit 400. I got to nearly 500K likes on my Poke Finder. I tried out the Battle Agency and I don't find it a very interesting feature. Really the best parts for me was the rare candy and the excuse to see my cute little Ayla in her girlish battle pose. <3

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon - I finally decided to delve into Festival Plaza after avoiding it like the plague in the vanilla games. So far I've managed to raise both of my Plazas to Rank 31. After struggling to pass Normal Rank of Battle Royal in each game I blazed my way through to Grade 7 in both Battle Agencies. Unlike the majority of players, I genuinely like the facility. I personally find it far more manageable than Battle Tree or Battle Royal.

I am currently working towards 1.5 million likes on my PokeFinder. I've over 300k in each game at this time.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
my main thing now has been catching Pokemon in Apricorn Balls that either couldn't get them before or work really well with them. So far I have...

Shiny Friend Ball Stunfisk
Shiny Lure Ball Lombre
Level Ball and Love Ball Crustle - my love ball crustle is named Platonic (tectonic plates + platonic love)
Love Ball Audino
Lure Ball Florges
Moon Ball Heliolisk
Moon Ball Elgyem
Fast Ball Electrode from Team Rocket's Castle - can Electrode breed with other Electrode or does it need a Ditto?
Fast Ball Tapu Koko

I've also been blessed to have traded for two Greninja; one Spanish male in a Moon Ball and one Japanese Protean female in a Beast Ball. Trying for MM now but Froakie's hard to tell if it's shiny or not at first glance :p

Wasted one Heavy Ball trying to catch Zygarde; not sure if I want to use the other one for Groudon (it's not too unique since you can get one that way in HGSS) or hold off for a Pokemon that can breed.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Ended up getting 18/25 natures on my first batch of eggs for my Synchronize collection. Made another batch of 18 for the hotsprings but I got only repeat natures. About to breed another set of 18 and go from there.

Li_Syaoran

A word of spoiler free warning to anyone who hasn’t done the Team Rainbow Rocket episode yet. Importing your team from older games makes it kind of anticlimactic :p

I plan to use different teams for each Team Rainbow Rocket Boss, with Pokémon from my Yellow, Sun and Gold.
But why would it be anticlimactic? I think it would make it really climatic and epic battles!

Right now I plan which Pokémon I will use against the bosses. I think in any case I will use a legendary/Mythical pokémon in each team because the bosses themselves have legendary Pokémon.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Arrived at Mount Hokulani taking the time to explore the mountain before starting the trial at the Hokulani Observatory. Did have too much trouble with the puzzles though the battle with Totem Togedemaru required a bit playing around with its Spiky Shield attack. Later returned to Malie Garden to give the Masked Royal's mask to Kukui where I my first battle with Team Skull's boss, Guzma, after which Kukui gave me the exclusive Z-Crystal for my starter.

Progressed through Routes 11, 12 and 13 next ultimately choosing to keep Growlithe as my Fire-type as Houndoom would be under-levelled compared to my other team members. Made a pit stop at the nearby Blush Mountain to evolve my Magneton before finally arriving at the Tapu Village.

Team update:

-Decidueye (Takumi)
-Magnezone (Polaris)
-Vaporeon (Shigure)
-Gabite (Terrafin)
-Dusk Lycanroc (Krystal)
-Growlithe (Laevatein)

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
After 407 Soft Resets, I got my Shiny Guzzlord

Ah, so the Ultra Beasts CAN be shiny? Good to know.

Also, you're pretty lucky to have done it after 407. I was relentlessly hatching Eggs for about a week and a half to get a shiny Furfrou (which I have since used in the Alola X Johto wi-fi competition), hatching about 120 Eggs per day making full use of Isle Avue, the Masua Method, the Shiny Charm, and the Oval Charm, and I got my shiny Furfrou after about 1,200 Eggs.

Lots of other people got high-IV Furfrous in the process. This was also before Ultra, so Furfrou would've been a rare Pokémon.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Last night, I took a break from Ultra Moon to start my copy of Ultra Sun. I don't plan on playing through US until I've finished my UM playthrough, but I wanted to get my game started so that I'll be able to trade when I'm building my US team (plan to trade over eggs from Sun to hatch).

So, I picked the girl character this time and started the game in my house. I ended up picking Popplio as my starter, simply because it's my favourite of the trio. I then played through the introductory stuff around Route 1, Iki Town, and the bridge until I reached the first Pokemon Center.

Once I made it to the Pokemon Center, I saved and went over to my Pokemon Bank. I had several boxes of Pokemon stored there that I wanted to move to US, so I did just that. I also sent over the 100+ Battle Points I had stocked up.

Back on Ultra Sun, I picked up my BP and checked out the Pokemon I sent over from Bank. After that, I went to Festival Plaza and got through the introductory/tutorial stuff. I then registered my game on the Global Link website and registered for the current Global Mission.

That's as far as I'm going to go on US for now. I'm hoping to get around to trading over eggs soon, but I won't continue the story until I finish Ultra Moon.
I will continue on UM next time.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Making good, but slow progress on the Alola dex. I'm currently working the pseudo-legends, fossils and Cosmoem. After that, I'll catch the Tapus and it'll be complete. And once the Alola Dex is at 100%, I'll be challenging the Elite Four again for the first Title Defence.
I've also been playing around on Mantine Surf, just grinding BP and practicing my jumps. Grinding BP here is so much fun compared to the Battle Tree imo.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Hatched my thirds set of eggs for my Synchronize natures. Batch 2 (18 per batch) didn't give me a single one of the 7 I was missing. Batch 3 gave me 2 of my 7 bringing me down to just needing 5. If anyone would like a specific nature, dm me and I'll check if I have the duplicate. I'm doubled up on most and have a bunch of the main natures (adamant/jolly/modest/timid). Going to put batch 4 in today and see what we can get.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i put off catching the tapus for a while and decided to go for tapu fini and forgot how annoying aqua ring was. had to go to my Sun game and get a heal block/recycle/aguaz berry klefki over to UM and it took me 5 attempts in total.

Edit: i continued onto lunala and the remaining tapus. i even got Suicune after that.

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Before heading for the Aether House on Route 15, I chose to explore Route 14 obtaining a Destiny Knot for chasing off some Frillish harassing a swimmer and picking up the Shadow Ball TM. After meeting up Acerola at the Aether House, I returned to Route 14 for the trial at the abandoned Thrifty Megamart for the Ghost-type trial. Compared to SM Totem Mimikyu was not too difficult though I got lucky with Mimikyu missing its first Play Rough allowing Vaporeon to fire off Haze to strip it of its stats boost. The ally Banette ended up been a bit more annoying thanks to Curse.

Headed back the Aether House where I was challenged by Plumeria only to learn that she and her grunts had stolen a Pokémon from one the children. Had Sharpedo registered on my Ride Pager by Grimsley so I could smash past the rocks blocking the way to Route 16.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Back on Ultra Moon, I spent some time looking around Seafolk Village. I met Mina and received an Aerodactyl as a gift.

After that, I headed north to the Poni Wilds. I explored that area, along with the Ancient Poni Path and Poni Breaker Coast, and got some training done with my team. Once that was done, I continued to the Ruins of Hope with Lillie and Hapu.

The next thing I did, I think, was go to Exeggutor Island. I talked to the Exeggutor there and battled the Pinsir that were bothering them. My Lapras defeated all the Pinsir with its Hydro Vortex. Then, I made it to the pedestal at the far end of the island and obtained the Moon Flute.

With that done, I returned to Ancient Poni Path. I defeated some Team Skull members and received the Poisonium Z from Plumeria. Now, I'm in Vast Poni Canyon.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
Ultra moon: I have leveled my festival plaza to like 160 something I lost track. I have two max level rare kitches. two max level fortune tellers. max level navy blue shop. level 3 switcharoo. and a max level bouncy house for speed and HP. My battle agency rank is 19 I just need to find other high level players around my rank to get better pokemon to rent. My berry collection is complete I have all the berries in game and around christmas time I'll be able to trade the last 2 berries from battle tree from moon to ultra moon then I'll really have them all. I'm currently growing berries to die all my white clothes dark red. I have used happy hour amulet coin and also rotom prize money to get millions from fighting the elite 4 and I have all of the kommo O clothes now plus some other expensive stuff. I have completed several trades and have an abundance of extra moonballs that I will be trading or using on Ultra moon.

Ultra Sun: Is now my event and shiny cartridge for gen 7. Everything in there is now organized by pokedex number and by generation for events and all the shinies are all together in pokedex order. Feeling much better about that. Now I need to organize my apricot ball collection but that will probably stay in pokebank since I don't have enough room on cartridge for it all.

Barrysun

Been busy hunting for legendary Pokemon in Ultra Sun, and I've finally captured the missing legendaries that don't required two others. but now I'm hunting down the ones that do required having current legendary Pokemon.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Started with trying to collect all the Totem Stickers in Hau'oli City. Apparently, you need the fishing rod for the one in Ilima's pool. Speaking of Ilima, i had some problems with his fight. His Yungoos hit harder than i remember. Two potions later i defeated him though. Couldn't figure out how to get Rotom to fix the Vending Machine at the Marina. Caught an Abra and Furfrou on the way back to the Pokemon Center. Caught the Shaking Grass Tutorial Ekans and made my way over to the Cemetery. Caught a Murkrow that i might trade over to a different game at some point. After using the Photo spot, i spent some time scanning QR codes. Found the Scatterbug and evolved it. The Meowth side Quest on Route 2 was a lot easier than expected. Just had to look away from it once. Ended up skipping past the rest of the Route 2 trainers. Verdant Cavern was a breeze with Denver. Disarming Voice + Roto Boost 2HKO'd Totem Raticate. Took a break until Friendship Café restocks in the Festival Plaza.

Team
Denver the Popplio lvl 14
Snowflake the Buneary 14

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I raised my Festival Plaza rank to 460. I'm 62% complete with the USUM Pokedex. I'm MMing for shiny Litten after recently getting shiny Rowlet. I've gotten more than 500K likes on my Pokefinder. I got my first ever grade up at the Battle Agency.