• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Over 70% for me and is regaining a team for the battle tree. (Once I have the shiny charm... I am going to take a trip to Ultra Space for shiny ultra Beasts!)

Lillie isn't too bad of a partner in the tree, just be sure she sets up and take out anything that would mess it up.

Barrysun

Just captured Rayquaza! just only one more legendary to go... then I'll be off to finishing up Ultra Moon's trial and start capturing more legendary Pokemon from there.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Completed the Alola Pokédex this morning - the last Pokémon I caught were the Tapu as a grand finale of sorts. I might be tempted to finally do RR, just to get it out of the way. On the other hand, I kinda don't want to force myself to play through the episode just for the sake of completing it. ...Hmm, what to do... :confused:
Either way, I'll be breeding a box worth of eggs to send to WT during the holidays.

Current Team:
  • Primarina (Aoi) lv.75
  • Vikavolt (Railgun) lv.75
  • Aegislash (Excalibur) lv.75
  • Mudsdale (Gaia) lv.75
  • Talonflame (Charlotte) lv.75
  • Pangoro (Bancho) lv.75

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
The stretch from Route 16 to Route 17 proved to be quite eventful, with Gabite evolving into Garchomp and Growlithe finally learning Flare Blitz so I can safely use the Fire Stone on it. An initial sweep of Po Town and the Shady House got me enough Totem Stickers for the Totem Sized Mimikyu so I made a brief detour to Heahea Beach to obtain it with it taking the place of Dusk Lycanroc. Returned back to Po Town soon after to complete the task of rescuing the stolen Pokémon from the Aether House from Team Skull though the return proved to be bittersweet after I learnt what happened to Lillie while I was on my mission.

After returning back to Malie City and defeating Nanu in Ula'ula Island's Grand Trial, I headed to the Aether Paradise with Gladion and Hau to rescue Lillie. The numerous trainers at the Aether Paradise proved to be great for levelling up Mimikyu and while I was able to beat Lusamine I was unable to prevent her doing what she desired with Nebby. Proceeded to Poni Island next with Lillie after learning a location there holds the key for summoning Solgaleo.

Team update:

-Decidueye (Takumi)
-Magnezone (Polaris)
-Vaporeon (Shigure)
-Garchomp(Terrafin)
-Mimikyu (Hanako)
-Arcanine(Laevatein)

Last edited:

Barrysun

I've just begun hunting Legendary Pokemon in Ultra Moon. my first opponent is Mewtwo

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
After getting the shiny charm last night, decided to do some shiny hunting. The first Legendary I came across was Mesprit, so I decided to hunt that one. Well after around 100ish encounters, I found it!! And I caught it in a Heal Ball! It's my first successful shiny Legendary hunt and I couldn't be happier! Not sure if I'll hunt the others, but this is a great start.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Went through Vast Poni Canyon yesterday. There were many areas, trainers, and items there, but it really didn't take me as long as I'd expected to get through it all.

Once all my team members reached level 50, I headed into the Dragon trial site. I defeated the wild Jangmo-o and Hakamo-o using my Lapras's Ice Beam IIRC. For the Totem Kommo-o, I started with my Oricorio. I had it use its Supersonic Skystrike Z-move, but it left Kommo-o's HP in the red. Oricorio got KOed that turn, so I sent in Comfey next. Comfey's Dazzling Gleam finished off the totem, then took down the SOS Noivern on the next turn.

With the Dragonium Z obtained, I left the trial site and made it to the Altar of the Moone.

Team:
727.png
131.png
764.png
754.png
741-pau.png
424.png

Lv. 50-51

On my Ultra Sun, I've been trading over and hatching eggs for my team. So far, I've hatched a Mimikyu, Clamperl, Spinarak, and Swirlix. I've traded them back to my Sun for their eventual EV training.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I've arrived at Malie city. Finally I've got access to all the malasada shops, so now I can finally make my pokémon with Adamant natures happy with malasada. After a lot of searching I finally found and caught a Komala. Got lucky and got an Adamant one on the first try, and Komala has immediately grown to be an overpowered presence in my team with a Sleep Talk + Last Resort set, which OHKOs many foes neutrally, even those of higher levels. Komala is incredibly fun to use, but it also feels a bit cheap when your level 27 Komala is just one-shotting all level 30 opponents with ease, and I don't even have the Choice Band yet for it.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
After over a month I went to the pokemon League in an attempt to trigger the Gladion encounter... he was the first challenge I got today, beaten him pretty good and got what would be considered the games true ending.

Another thing US/UM had that S/M lacked... closure to the main plot. (S/M left us wanting more)

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I've raised my Plaza rank to 481. I've completed 63% of the Pokedex with Melemele Island Dex completed. I got over 600K likes on my Pokefinder. I completed the two Ilima side quests so I could get the trial guide hat and tee. Like the Pikachu clothes, I only have my character wearing the shirt because her hair is in high pigtails which, by extension, greatly increases the kawaii factor for both outfits.

urrutiap

Anyone else besides me still enjoy the Dex Nav from Alpha Sapphire and Ruby?

The Sun and Moon games I wish the Dex Nav was added in.

I still like the way to find pokemon with egg moves or an extra new ability when using the dex nav to search for pokemon

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Progressed through the Poni Wilds en route to the Ancient Poni Path, catching myself two Granbull so I could trade one to the Veteran at Seafolk Village in exchange for her Shellos. Getting the TM for Scald on the Poni Breaker Coast was a big relive so I do not have to worry about the shaky accuracy of Vaporeon's Muddy Water anymore. After seeing Hapu getting chosen to be Poni Island's new Kahuna, I took the time to return to previous areas to obtain items that needed Machamp Shove before heading to Exeggutor Island to get the Sun Flute.

Returned back to the Ancient Poni Path to make my way to Vast Poni Canyon where an encounter with Team Skull resulted in Plumeria giving me the Poisonium Z. It took a bit of time navigating through Vast Poni Canyon beating all the trainers for valuable experience before I arrived at an abandoned Trail Site. The Totem Battle was not too difficult with Kommo-o opting to spam Dragon Claw as opposed to Thunder Punch on Vaporeon (think it is have to do with me having Vaporeon hold a Wacan Berry before the fight) allowing it use Haze to strip it of its buffs followed by Aurora Beam to KO the ally Noivern. Later swapped in Mimikyu where one Hone Claws and its special Z-Move finished it off earning me the Dragonium Z.

Last edited:

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Just hatched my 8th set of Abra's (18 per set) and I'm still missing 4 natures. It feels that the natures haven't been in a random but equal distribution, as I've gotten far more Adamant/Jolly/Timd/Modest than anything else. Hoping I can finish these up within the next few batches so I can start catching the remaining legendaries that I'm missing from Ultra Warp.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Ultra Moon: I got Ultra Moon for Christmas. I decided to play as the boy this time around because I chose the girl in US. I am going to be starting with Popplio but I am planning on soft resetting for a female Popplio. So far, I have soft resetted five times already and have not gotten the female Popplio. Hopefully I will get it soon.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
SR'ed about 400 Uxie before I went back to see if I had any Synchronize pokemon to insure a better nature, but when I saw that I had none, I tried to go back to Uxie. Instead, I got sent to Azelf. Instead of leaving, I just decided to hunt Azelf for the time being since I want the pixie trio as shinies anyway. So...now I'm hunting Azelf!

xEryChan

Demon Child
Finally, after sixteen soft resets, I got the female Popplio I was searching for. I nicknamed it Ariel and proceeded to make my way towards Iki Town. Before reaching Iki Town, I met up with Hau and had to battle him. Ariel easily took care of Hau’s Litten. After, I entered Iki Town and Kukui told me to look for the Island Kahuna so I did just that. I went up to Mahalo Trail and met Lillie and had to save Nebby from Spearow. After I did, Lillie and I went back to Iki Town, where I met Hala and received the PokeDex from Kukui. I also learned about the Island Challenge and decided I would be taking it on. But first, I went back home.

Current Team
Ariel (Popplio)

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Before heading for the Altar of the Sunne I used TMs to prep my team for the upcoming battles teaching Will-O-Wisp to Arcanine and Toxic to Magnezone. Proceeded to the altar and used the Sun and Moon Flutes to summon Solgaleo (which turned out to be Nebby's evolved form) only to see Guzma and Lusamine falling out of an Ultra Wormhole followed by Necrozma who absorbed Nebby to become Dusk Mane Necrozma. The battle with DMN involved Arcanine burning it with Will-O-Wisp then chipping it away with Crunch before finishing with Flare Blitz.

Shortly after Necrozma fled Dulse and Zossie arrived and allowed me to ride on their Lunala to the Ultra Megalopolis. I admittingly sort of cheesed the Ultra Necrozma fight by using Toxic on it and waiting for it to faint from poison. The other two Ultra Recon Squad offered to give me a Poipole but I declined the offer so I could return with a Timid Synchroniser to ensure it has the right nature.

I did some team switch-ups post-game, opting to keep my shiny Bewear on my team after all, as well as swapping out Noivern for a Mega Ampharos to add a much-needed Electric-type to my team. I also farmed up a bunch of BP using Mantine Surf to get new hold items for my team, instead of having Z-crystals on everyone. In that process, I ended up getting the Surf Pikachu and the Over-the-Gyarados move, which I'm pretty hyped about!

I decided to keep my team's only Z-crystal on my Incineroar, then I gave my Ninetales a Choice Specs, farmed BP to give my Milotic a Weakness Policy and my Ampharos her Mega Stone, and gave my Bewear a Life Orb. Since I'm going to keep my Noivern and Dusk Lycanroc in reserve, I farmed BP to give my Noivern a Choice Scarf and my Lycanroc a Choice Band. Swapping out Lycanium-Z also allows me to ditch Stone Edge for Rock Slide, which I'm also pretty hyped about!

My team for post-game looks like this:

Lumenaria (Mega Ampharos) Lv.100
Megitsune (Alolan Ninetales) Lv.100
Obliterati (HA Typhlosion) Lv.100
Merveil (Milotic) Lv.100
Lorena (Lurantis) Lv.100
Odessa (Shiny Bewear) Lv.100

Reserves:
Darkeater (Noivern) Lv.100
Inuzuka (Incineroar) Lv.100
Constantin (Dusk Lycanroc) Lv.100

EDIT: In keeping with my team's semi-accidental "cute or pretty Pokemon only" theme, I swapped out my Incineroar with a HA physical Typhlosion I bred on my vanilla Sun. It took me longer to level it, and it consumed a lot of items since it didn't know any single-target moves besides Flare Blitz and Wild Charge, but I got it to Lv.100 using Chansey SOS calls. I then attached a Firium-Z to it to keep with the "one Z-Crystal per team" rule that I imposed onto myself. Incineroar is now sitting comfortably in reserve/semi-retirement in my PC box.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Ultra Moon: I climbed up to the top of the altar, where Lillie and I played the Sun & Moon Flutes. I watched the cutscenes with Lunala & Necrozma and Ultra Beasts around Alola, then fought Necrozma in its Dawn Wings form. My Incineroar finished it off using Darkest Lariat.

Then, I had to do the Ultra Space/Wormholes stuff. After going into several wrong wormholes since I suck at motion controls, I finally made it into the right one and arrived in Ultra Megalopolis. At the top of the tower, I found Ultra Necrozma and battled it.

I did not know what to expect for the Ultra Necrozma fight, so my first attempt was disastrous. Necrozma outsped and could OHKO everything on my team, and the stat boosting items I had weren't helpful. So, I soft reset and tried again. This time, my Comfey was able to Leech Seed Necrozma after it survived Smart Strike due to its Poke Refresh boosts. I then just stalled with Revives and Hyper Potions, with Necrozma losing HP from Leech Seed every time one of my Pokemon's high Affection caused it to hang on with 1 HP. After a while, Necrozma finally fainted.

Next, I received Poipole and returned to the altar. After more cutscenes, I headed to Mina's house in Seafolk Village to do her trial. I defeated Mina in battle, then returned to the previous islands to find the other captains. Once I had all the petals I needed, I returned to Mina's house and ended up fighting the Totem Ribombee right there.

I didn't realize the totem fight was going to happen right away, so I was a bit unprepared with Lurantis in the first slot of my party. Lurantis dodged Ribombee's attack on the first turn, though, so it was able to get one hit in before fainting. I sent Oricorio in next, which was a good choice since its Dancer Ability let it get a stat boost from Ribombee's Quiver Dance. Oricorio went on to defeat both the totem and the SOS Pelipper.

Finally, I went back to Exeggutor Island to fight Kahuna Hapu. This was probably the easiest battle I did today; my Lapras Ice Beamed three of Hapu's Pokemon, while my Lurantis OHKOed Gastrodon with Bloom Doom.

Team:
727.png
131.png
764.png
754.png
741-pau.png
424.png

Lv. 51-53

Ultra Sun: Over the weekend, I hatched my final two team members (Stufful & Salandit). Today, I went to Festival Plaza and received my free 4000 FC from the Global Mission. I then did a few missions to rank up a few levels. Made it to Rank 17 today IIRC.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon - I've started shiny hunting as of late. I've managed to land two of my favorites in my US game so far: Zorua and Rockruff (with OT) as well as shiny Blacephalon and shiny Stakataka in UM. I'm up to Rank 71 in both Festival Plazas and 450k likes on each Pokefinder.

I've been addicted to the GTS... I sniped a Level 100 Naganadel and a spare Poipole, as well as a few Legendaries over the past few days including Suicune, Entei, Regice, Tornadus, Ho-oh, Mewtwo, Azelf, Mesprit, and Reshiram.