• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Finished breeding and EV training my Regigigas team for the upcoming International Challenge March. Tested it out on the Battle Tree and the setup is not quite as reliable as I'd like it to be, first try I only managed to get about 35 wins in a row at Super Doubles, and I can't think of a way to improve the reliability. But if I pull off my turn 1 setup I've pretty much already won the battle because +4 Attack Regigigas without Slow Start after one turn is ridiculously OP, especially when I've got Tailwind support and a Psych Up Mimikyu in the rear for supportive action. It's like having a fast Belly Drum Snorlax with more balanced bulk and Drain Punch. I'm getting the feeling the team would probably function better in 6v6 doubles than 4v4s though. Next step is taking it to the Battle Spot and seeing how it functions with Team Preview against actual players instead of the AI.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I've registered for the next global mission and have contributed 40 to the pot so far. It doesn't look like the goal is going to be reached. I've gotten to 1,101,838 likes on my pokefinder. I'm 74 percent complete with the Pokedex. I'm now gotten to Festival Plaza in my Ultra Sun version and am going to start leveling that up. I'm currently at 9 there.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Finished breeding and EV training my Regigigas team for the upcoming International Challenge March. Tested it out on the Battle Tree and the setup is not quite as reliable as I'd like it to be, first try I only managed to get about 35 wins in a row at Super Doubles, and I can't think of a way to improve the reliability. But if I pull off my turn 1 setup I've pretty much already won the battle because +4 Attack Regigigas without Slow Start after one turn is ridiculously OP, especially when I've got Tailwind support and a Psych Up Mimikyu in the rear for supportive action. It's like having a fast Belly Drum Snorlax with more balanced bulk and Drain Punch. I'm getting the feeling the team would probably function better in 6v6 doubles than 4v4s though. Next step is taking it to the Battle Spot and seeing how it functions with Team Preview against actual players instead of the AI.

Whats the Regigigas team? I'm curious!

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Whats the Regigigas team? I'm curious!

It's this:

Regigigas @ Persim Berry
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 156 HP, 100 Attack, 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
-Return
-Drain Punch
-Knock Off
-Swagger

Xatu @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Sp.Def, 252 Speed
Nature: Timid
-Psychic
-Air Slash
-Tailwind
-Simple Beam

Registeel @ Quick Claw
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Sp.Def
Nature: Adamant
-Iron Head
-Hammer Arm
-Rock Slide
-Psych Up

Totem Mimikyu @ Mimikium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Nature: Adamant
-Play Rough
-Shadow Claw
-Shadow Sneak
-Psych Up

Essentially, I lead with Xatu and Regigigas. Xatu is naturally slower but moves first due to Slow Start, and Xatu will use Simple Beam on Regigigas to replace Slow Start with Simple. Regigigas in turn will use Swagger and target Xatu. Xatu will automatically use its ability to bounce Swagger back, and due to Regigigas' Simple ability (which Xatu gracefully provided) Regigigas will go to +4 attack. The confusion gets healed by the Persim Berry. After that it's setting up Tailwind or fainting for Xatu and either Registeel or Mimikyu come in and Psych Up the attack boost. It gives me so much offensive pressure I can just dominate the battle on sheer power and clean up from there. Regigigas has a lot of natural bulk amplified by Drain Punch healing (it easily survives Kartana's Bloom Doom for instance), Registeel has enormous bulk and hits very hard at +4, and Mimikyu has an easier setup thanks to Disguise and also priority access. Regigigas at +4, even without full investment and with a Jolly nature, OHKOs almost anything (Knock Off OHKOs Mega Metagross for instance). The power is that Regigigas is balanced around its Slow Start ability, but without Slow Start it is a pokémon with a higher base attack stat than Groudon, more bulk than Mega Kangaskhan, and as fast as a Charizard, and if you can quickly get that to +4 attack it is an absolute colossal monster.

The unreliability is in the setup. Xatu reflecting Swagger can miss because Swagger only has 85% accuracy, which delays the setup by a turn and by then I've given away the game to the opponent. Opponents focusing down Xatu before I can get Swagger off (Regigigas is slow on the first turn) also ruins it. The Focus Sash prevents that partially, but Xatu does go down to double-focusing.

I also have a fifth pokémon in the team right now, this Linoone:

Linoone @ Salac Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 148 HP, 4 Attack, 52 Defence, 52 Sp.Def, 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
-Extreme Speed
-Belly Drum
-Simple Beam
-Swagger

This EV spread gives maximum mixed bulk after maximising speed while also keeping the HP stat even, with the 4 leftover EVs spent in attack. Linoone can essentially perform two roles. First it can Belly Drum into Salac Berry next to a Psych Up user like Mimikyu. Linoone is slightly faster so it can get Mimikyu to +6 attack, +1 speed on the first turn. It can then apply offensive pressure through Extreme Speed. The other role is as a backup Swagger user for Regigigas to boost it up if Xatu goes down too fast, but I'd have to sacrifice either Registeel or Mimikyu on the 4v4 team for it. Now that I think about it, I should probably also change the item on Registeel, don't want Quick Claw to proc Psych Up to activate before Linoone sets up.

I'm actually considering Terrakion for the 6th team member. Terrakion also gets Psych Up, which is this teams synergy, gets solid damage with Rock Slide and Sacred Sword, and also has Quick Guard so I could run a Linoone Terrakion opening if the opponent has Fake Out on their team, although the problem is that a lot of Fake Out users (like Salazzle and Swift Swim Ludicolo) are faster than Terrakion and Quick Guard only works against Fake Out if the Fake Out user is slower because they're in the same priority bracket. Tapu Bulu is also an option, it also gets Psych Up and has a lot of natural bulk possibilities (though not as much as Registeel) and can sustain itself with Horn Leech. Tapu Bulu also cancels out enemy terrain.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Last night, I went back to Paniola Ranch. I wanted to breed a few Pokemon so that I would have Pokemon to put up on the GTS for the Global Mission. I had a few Wonder Trade Pokemon in my PC (e.g. Bagon, Dratini) that had some decent egg moves, so I bred them. Then, I bred my Slurpuff and Bewear, hatching a few Swirlix and Stufful eggs.

After that, I started trading the Pokemon I hatched on the GTS. I've mostly been trading for Petilil (just trying to collect them in different Poke Balls), but I also received a Sableye. Last time I checked, my contribution to the Global Mission was at 6 trades.

I also spent some time doing Festival Plaza missions and fighting trainers at the Battle Agency. The FC I earned allowed my plaza to reach Rank 234.

Getting back to the main story, I returned to Ancient Poni Path today and battled some Team Skull Grunts. I defeated their Pokemon using my Bewear & Slurpuff. I then received the Poisonium Z from Plumeria.

pokeplayer9994

So, I downloaded the three Hidden Ability Starters and Decidueye ended up being female. One thing I like doing is trying to breed for 6 IV babies. This is giving me the perfect oppurtunity to get a 6 IV Rowlet. However, the execution has not been very lucky for me. You see, I also try to get the right Nature and Ability. After breeding for the Nature, I'm now trying to get a female with the Hidden Ability. (Before you ask, I've been keeping the Hidden Ability Decidueye as the mother.) Over 50 children, only 2 females in the whole bunch and neither of those two has the Hidden Ability. Talk about bad luck!

Aquarelle

Staff member
Haven't done much with the main game in the last week, but I have been doing other things:

-Been Mantine Surfing a lot. I got up to 1800 BP at one point and spent some of it at the Battle Royal dome. I bought a few Ability Capsules since I'll probably need some eventually.

-In Festival Plaza, I made it to Rank 241. I won a couple more challenges at the Battle Agency, too. One time, I had a partner with a level 92 Salamence, which was awesome since my opponents were only level 50-something. I think I'm at Grade 7 there now.

-Made several more trades on the GTS for the Global Mission. I haven't had the time to go on the GTS that often, but I've managed to get up to 13 or so total trades. Some of the recent Pokemon I've received were Mareep, Archen, and Zorua.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I got back on Ultra Sun and I farmed my beans, collect shards and sent in my Pokémon to find shards as usual. After that, I bred a Steenee and a Fomantis for Bounsweet eggs and I hatched 20 Bounsweet eggs and while I was hatching Eggs, I used Poké Finder for a bit and I increased my total amount of liked to 51,135. then I flew to the Battle Tree to talk to the IV Judge so that I can unlock the Judge option on my PC. Then I went to Festival Plaza and participated in two Missions, all of which are Inverse Battle type matchup quizzes and I participated in the Battle Agency and rented an Excadrill, with my other Pokémon being Ambipom and Medicham. After winning 3 consecutive battles, I moved up to Rank 4 and then I Wonder Traded some of my Bounsweet I hatched and registered a couple of Pokémon to the Pokédex like Spinarak, Lapras and Corsola. I raised my Festival Plaza rank to 51 and I unlocked the Glitz theme, which I changed into after having the Rainbow Rocket theme for so long after Rainbow Rocket hacked into Festival Plaza.

Yay! I completed my Alolan Pokedex in Ultra Moon! Getting it done in vanilla Sun was a big confidence boost, but sadly, I didn't have the foresight to keep a living dex, so I had to do all the same legwork all over again, plus 100 more Pokemon in the expanded USUM dex. However, doing all that legwork again made the accomplishment feel all the more satisfying. It even gives me hope that, maybe, I could actually complete a real National Dex someday (though it may have to be a smaller one, like gens 3 or 4, and then work my way up the line to the modern era.)

Satoshi & Touko

I have completed my pokedex in UM! :D I got the shiny charm and my little Ayla was able to look breathtakingly adorable in the nurse's outfit. <3<3<3 I've been GTSing Fennekin and Larvesta breedjects for Lillipups to help contribute to the global mission. My total contribution thus far is 127. We are now in the last 24 hours and our score is at around 700K. We're going to miss the goal, but it will be the closest miss thus far. I'm trying to hatch a modest shiny larvesta. Currently at 85 eggs.

Last edited:

AmethystLeslie

Slowly chipping away at my massive cleanup breeding project, just finished with the HA Alolan starters and Lapras, and I'd like to do something with Onix and Torchic, but I can never find anything in a decent ball. I've put some effort in the GTS Global Mission, and putting some stuff in Bank, so that the GTS will stop giving me requests from the "Pokemon you have" filter that I don't wanna see. I need to work on the rest, I need to make sure no one gets my mons set to train or breed with. I'm also working on who's getting Wonder Traded back out the next time I fill my boxes.

Abra's next in my project. I have some balls and some moves I want, and I have a special plan for Abra. Alongside a serious set that's Timid with the good stuff, I want to have an Adamant set with the Elemental Punches and Drain Punch for memes. It'll be great.

Why does it even get Drain Punch anyway? At least the Elemental Punches have the excuse of being an artifact of the one time it was good with them, Gen 3. Eh, whatever. ABRA FOR EVERYONE!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I came back onto Ultra Sun after the Global Mission has finished. While I was farming beans in Poké Pelago, my Plain Bean count has reached its maximum at 1785, so I decided to use some of the beans at Isle Abeens and Isle Aphun once I have collected my shards. At Isle Abeens, I have also gotten a Banette from there, adding another Pokémon entry to my Alola Dex. Then I went to Festival Plaza to challenge the Battle Agency in which I rented a Salamence with my two other Pokémon being Wailord and Kanto Sandslash. In my first battle, I ended up PP stalling a Curseback Umbreon with Wailord, which was made easier thanks to its Pressure Ability and Umbreon KOed itself with Struggle and that ended up being one of my longest Battle Agency battles ever. I eventually cleared my next three battles, making me Rank 5 in the Battle Agency and gained a number of FC. I then gained my 2000 FC from the Global Mission and I am currently Rank 53 at the Festival Plaza.

Satoshi & Touko

I've gotten up to 1,230,098 likes on my pokefinder. I'm still at work MMing for shiny larvesta now that I have the shiny charm. Currently at 225 eggs. I've established a schedule of sorts for outfits that my adorable little Ayla wears. On Sundays, she wears her Sunday Sports Special, on Wednesdays, she wears the Lurantis outfit, and on Fridays, she wears the nurse's outfit. <3

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Started battles in the International Challenge March with my 2018 Legends Regigigas. I haven't had much success so far, nine battles and lost eight of them. I'm just getting outpredicted and outplayed, and my setup isn't where I want it to be yet. I need some more improvements to my team. The level of play in the competition is a lot higher than I'm used to from the battle spot.

Last edited:

c1234

Trainer Since '98
Over the weekend I finally got around to completing the Rainbow Rocket episode. Now I just need to finish the Pokédex. I’m nearly 90% done now.

DarkSerpent

Silent Observer
Bred a shiny Oshawott while breeding a 6 I.V. Oshawott for my girlfriends daughter (its her favorite pokemon) and though it's only the 4 perfect I.V.'s it is my 16th shiny, so I cant complain. I dig the darker Samurott theme though, pretty cool!!

Honestly just waiting to move into my own apartment here soon, going to get a big tv and a switch and impatiently wait for pokemon to come out for it...

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Finally starting my playthrough of Ultra Sun. As of now I have beat Illma, who proves a beast no matter what the game comparitively. And just like last time, Alolan Meowth is extremely useful and my current main powerhouse. I chose Popplio

After I finished my Pokédex in UM, I've just been running daily routine stuff in Pelago and Plaza, while pumping up my team's IVs and EVs using Bottle Caps and Bounce Houses.

I don't know why, but for some reason, I had the toughest time fishing up Bottle Caps in Poni Island. I got 37 Big Pearls before I found even one stinking cap! But, I eventually found all the caps I needed, and after all my struggles, I have my UM team where I want it!

I also transferred over my Pokémon from vanilla Sun and deleted the save file on it, choosing Popplio instead of Rowlet on the new file.

Lately, I've been making the rounds to the Poni Island berry trees, trying to find large piles with Salacs or Petayas in them. So far I've found 2 Salacs and 1 Petaya, and I've been diligently checking my Pelago berry patches to be sure they're growing. However, I've been splitting my game time between Pokémon UM and FFXIV, so perhaps I'm not as dilligent as I could be. :oops:

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I have no idea why it took me so long but I finally did it, I beat the Elite Four and Hau last night.

I first battled Molayne thank god they did something with him, he should have been in the Elite Four instead of Acerola though , he was relatively easy, my Salazzle and Hawlucha easily handled him and his team. Next up was Olivia and she easier than Molayne was to beat. My Primarina, Tsareena, and Hawlucha took care of her and her Pokemon with no problems at all. Next up was Acerola and she was a lot more challenging than the first two, mainly because my team doesn’t really have any coverage for Ghost types. Luckily, I did manage to beat her. Finally was Kahili and she was no problem for me. My Vikavolt, Dusk-Form Lycanroc, and Primarina handled her easily. Now that I defeated the Elite Four, I was finally able to take on Professor Kukui for the title of Alola’s first ever Champion.

Or so I though.

They threw a curve-ball to me by making the final battle of the main game against Hau. It was a nice throwback though to the first generation, though, since in the original Red and Blue game, you have to battle your rival to become Champion. But still, I wish they would have kept it so the final battle would be against Kukui.

But anyways, Hau was super easy for me. Mainly because I had something to handle all of his Pokemon. At long last, I beat Hau and earned the title of Champion.

I can’t wait for my Elite Four rematches to see who challenges me for my title.