• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I went to Seafolk Village in order to do Mina's trial. The first thing I had to do was battle Mina at her house. My lead Pokemon was Bewear, which I had in the first slot in my party because I didn't remember that I had to fight Mina right then, but fortunately it was able to defeat Mawile despite its Fairy weakness (the Fluffy Ability helped). I switched to Ariados to defeat Granbull & Ribombee.

After defeating Mina, I visited the other islands of Alola to get petals from the other captains. I had to fight some of the captains, plus Kiawe's Hiker friend, but the battles weren't too hard. Once I had all the petals, I went back to Seafolk Village.

Before the fight against Totem Ribombee, I gave Poisonium Z to my Ariados. During the first turn of the totem fight, I had Ariados use Acid Downpour, which OHKOed Totem Ribombee. I wasn't expecting it to be that easy, but I'm not complaining. I then received the Fairium Z, and made my Slurpuff hold it IIRC.

After the trial, I spent some time in Festival Plaza. My plaza reached Rank 265 after I defeated three more trainers at the Battle Agency.

Team:
758.png
778.png
760.png
168.png
368.png
685.png

Lv. 60-62

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I am currently trying to get Pokemon to fill my dex via SOS calls, which has the double effect of levelling up my Grovyle, who has also become my false swiper. Mainly for Pokemon that it'd be a pain to get in their full form, like Slowbro. I won't be trying Bagon for a while, since its Leer is going to make it annoying

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I got back on Ultra Sun to get my 4000 FC from the breeding Global Mission. As well as getting Shards and Beans, I ranked up to Rank 6 at the Battle Agency and my current Festival Plaza rank is 78. I've also received a Gold Bottle Cap in one of my lotteries, which is the second time ever, as well as a couple of Heart Scales. I've done many GTS and Wonder Trades, registering Ledyba, Pichu, Bonsly, Blissey, Mime Jr. and a couple of others, bringing my total registered number to 133. Currently I have a Happiny deposited into the GTS for an Abra.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I picked up several gifts at the Pokemon Center that I'd been neglecting for a while. First, I received 61 BP that I'd sent over from Pokemon Bank. Then, I picked up a few Pokemon. One of them was the event Rockruff from ages ago. After that, I received the Hidden Ability Alola starters that I got through Bank.

Next, I went to Festival Plaza and received the 4,000 FC from the last Global Mission. I then earned some more FC from Wonder Trade and other people around my plaza. Got my plaza's rank to 274.

Finally, I returned to Exeggutor Island for the Kahuna fight against Hapu. It was pretty easy - my Gorebyss swept her entire team. I saved after receiving the Groundium Z.

Zamin

I recedntly completed the league with my bug-type team. I'm not sure what to do now, I might play again with water types.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Finally completed the Pokedex, receiving the Shiny Charm and the Nurse Joy outfit set from Game Freak's director for my troubles. Returned back to the lab on Route 16 defeating Dexio to obtain a 10% Zygarde and the Zygarde Cube so I can eventually get a Power Construct Zygarde. Will likely be training up my catcher Shoormish/Breloom before I proceed to Ultra Wormhole hunting.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I played a bit of Ultra Sun today and while farming beans at Poké Pelago, I maxed out my Rainbow Bean count to 255 but I used some of these beans at Isle Abeens to make Pokémon come more often. I have less than 1000 Patterned Beans to collect to max out the Patterned Bean count. Then I decided to get on Festival Plaza to receive my Abra from the GTS and I deposited another Happiny for a Vullaby. I also did a couple of Wonder Trades but unfortunately I didn't any new Pokémon. So for today, the only new Pokémon I received was Abra.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Played in Festival Plaza for a while today. I participated in several missions and got my plaza to Rank 282.

After that, I returned to Tapu Village. After healing at the Pokemon Center, I went to Mount Lanakila to begin climbing up to the Pokemon League. Shortly after entering the area, though, I had to battle Gladion. I started the fight with my Mimikyu, who was able to take down Crobat after a few Shadow Claws. I then switched to Salazzle and easily defeated Lucario. For the final two Pokemon, I used my Slurpuff. Zoroark wasn't that bad after its Illusion was busted, but Silvally was tougher. Slurpuff got low on HP a couple of times and I had to heal it.

Once Gladion was defeated, I started heading up the mountain. I got through the first cave area today, and will cover the rest next time.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
After a very rough start yesterday at the Ultra Kalos Classics where I lost several battles in a row simply because of sheer luck (Rotom-Wash's Thunderbolt paralysing my Mega Venusaur only for Venusaur to end up fully paralysed twice in a row, Tyranitar's Stone Edge missing at +1 for the enemy Sylveon to one-shot back with Pixilate Hyper Beam, unfortunate enemy crits, and enemy Greninja flinch-haxing me with Extrasensory) I'm recovering my rating now. Mega Venusaur is turning out to be the mvp of my team. Amnesia is such a good move on it, I'm glad I bred for it, opponents like Mega Charizard Y and Goodra just can't break through it. Baton Pass Vaporeon is also turning out to be very valuable, capable of stalling out most physical attackers as long as they don't crit, I even stalled out Swords Dance Aegislash with it. Avalugg was also very strong in one of my battles today, getting the complete sweep after the opponent's Mega Venusaur was weakened by my Venusaur and the remaining Garchomp and Dragonite couldn't do anything to pierce its enormous physical bulk.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I'm up to 1.35 million likes on my pokefinder. I've got my spare Festival coin stash up to over 260K to contribute to June's global mission. I hatched a shiny modest Larvesta and am now working on a shiny HA calm popplio. I won a master Ball at the loto ID center.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I blasted through the game from where I left myself. I think I was just starting Ula'ula Island. Decided to spend my two days off work (and my morning off the day I was on) completing the entire game.

My final Champion team was:

Lycanroc - Level 60
Garchomp - Level 62
Scizor - Level 62
Incineroar - Level 63
Primarina - Level 63
Decidueye - Level 65

My starter was Rowlet so it seemed fitting he be the highest level. The battles weren't too hard since I had IV and EV trained the entire team when I got to Paniola Ranch, I guess I just lost interest after not being able to play through the game. I also grinded up since I forgot about the Exp Share until just before the League (and used about fifteen Rare Candies when I got lazy). I managed to pick up a few more from the Battle Agency though.

NOW:

I'm just trading for a Natu (Sychronize) and Larvesta (Flame Body) so I can start catching some rare Pokemon. Type: Null is a bit tricky since I'm unsure what nature I want my Silvally to be. I'm probably going to end up getting Ultra Moon at some point though (if the Switch game isn't released this year). I'm also looking at getting better with the Ultra Wormhole. I did manage to stumble across Azelf but without a Synchronizer, or indeed any of the right Pokemon/balls to help me catch it, trying to was futile.

slowdude

Having almost completed my 'catch all fully evolved pokemon that can be caught at lower levels" for example the level 9-12 salamence in Gen 7 I have decided to Nuzlocke with them. 50 pokemon in total plus the level 1 regigigas/dialga/palkia/giratina from platinum and hgss. I also decided to start with this level 5 Jirachi I got over wondertrade at one point. I'm doing this by just having an online RNG calculator pick a number from 1-42 for now (as 43-54 are all closer to level 30 which i'd rather not use early on)

So starting off with Jirachi for route 1 I rolled a level 4 Linoone from HGSS. Both of them were level 9 as I entered Hau'oli City. Rolled a level 8 Venomoth also from HGSS (most of these are from either Silver/Gold/Crystal/HGSS). It perished against llima's Smeargel though it took it down in the process. So 5 minutes in and I'm already down one pokemon. To finish this off for now I rolled a 13 for Route 2 which is a level 11 Crobat from Platinum.

For reference the level 4 Linoone can be caught on several routes in HGSS with the Hoenn Sound. The Venemoth caught at level 8 also in HGSS on route 24 at night (though this site says its caught at level 14). The level 10 Golbat can be caught in the Oreburgh Gate in Platinum in the lower levels of the cave.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I finished climbing up Mount Lanakila. Wasn't too hard defeating the remaining trainers and finding my way up to the top.

At the Pokemon Center near the league, I healed my team and bought a lot of healing items. Then, while heading towards the Pokemon League building, I stopped at the Poke Finder spot and took several pictures. I got my total thumbs-up to over 200,000.

Next, I entered the Pokemon League and fought the Elite Four. Overall, the battles weren't that difficult. The hardest was probably the Kahili fight, where I had two Pokemon faint; my Slurpuff fainted from being poisoned by Hawlucha's Poison Jab, and my Salazzle fainted after I forgot Toucannon was the Pokemon with the Z-crystal.

The final battle against Hau went pretty smoothly. Every member of my team took down one of Hau's Pokemon.

Finally, I watched the ending cutscenes and the credits, before starting back in my room.

Team:
758.png
778.png
760.png
168.png
368.png
685.png

Lv. 66-70

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I actually managed to get a Salamence via SOS. It took a lot of effort, mind you. In gameplay, I'm about to go against Po Town. I've decided to change my team somewhat, this time having Scraggy replace my Zoroark. I found it on the same level as the rest of my team, that was nice. In general, this playthrough I'm seeing myself replace a team member once it fully evolves with another to switch it up. My starter and Grubbin are the only Pokemon I've had since the start. Charjabug, I was worried that since it doesn't evolve until late game it would be a millstone on the team. However thanks to Eviolite and its decent attack, along with a good typing, it has proven one of my best team mates

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I got up to 1.5 million likes on my pokefinder, which means I now have version 5. I'm MMing for the shiny Alolan starters with HA. Done about 160 eggs so far but no luck yet.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Today I had newfound resolve to continue playing Ultra Sun. I spent a good part of the day capturing and evolving around 30-40 Pokemon. At this rate I'm hoping to complete the Alolan Pokedex by summer.

Aquarelle

Staff member
A couple of days ago, I went to Poni Grove to deal with the Blacephalon in the area. I KOed the first Blacephalon by mistake since I didn't realize what type it was, but I caught the second one.

Next, the Team Rainbow Rocket stuff started. I helped Sophocles get Festival Plaza back to normal by defeating a grunt at the Battle Agency. Other than that, though, I haven't done anything with Team RR. I'm leaving the Aether Paradise part until later.

Instead, I went back to Poni Island to explore the remaining areas. Back in Poni Grove, I noticed the Ultra Beast music was still playing, so I went in the grass and encountered the other Blacephalon again. This time, I caught it. Getting through the grove, I entered the Poni Plains.

I wanted to reach the Battle Tree quickly, just to be able to fly to it, so I went through Poni Plains, Poni Coast, and Poni Gauntlet only fighting the required trainers. At the Battle Tree, I met Red and Blue, and ended up battling Red. Afterwards, I talked to the IV judge guy, and got the ability to check IVs using the PC.

With the Battle Tree unlocked, I went back through the Poni Gauntlet/Coast/Plains and battled every trainer I skipped the first time. Finally, I explored Poni Meadow and Resolution Cave as well.

NitroLightningFlash

Pokemon Ultra Sun:

Today i got the 4000 fc for doing the hatching Global Mission that recently happened (during which i FINALLY got a shiny female Dewpider that i named 'Purple Widow', since she's a spider, (couldn't really call her 'Black Widow' since she's more purple than black). I've been trying to get one since Pokemon Sun, but kept giving up and breeding other Pokemon for competitions and things xD).

Also been breeding a lot of Scatterbug for the GTS, because i'm trying to get all the forms again (had most of them in Pokemon X, but i lost the game somewhere before i could get them into Pokemon Bank and still need to replace it).

Also starting to think of a team for the upcoming 'Ultra No Holds Barred' competition-i know i'm going to use Aegislash (out of all my Pokemon, Aegislash is the one i seem to use the most for some reason, if i'm able to use him xD), was thinking of Ultra Necrozma too, but it's so complicated to use for me, that i don't think it's worth risking it really ^^;

Pokemon Ultra Moon:

I just bought this game today, so will be starting a new file soon (probably after work now), when i get home i'll take out Ultra Sun and breed the gift Dusk Lycanroc that we were able to get for a while when Ultra Sun/Moon first came out, transfer the hatched Rockruff over to Bank then into my Ultra Moon file (Midday/Dusk Lycanroc are my favorite 7th generation Pokemon so i just have to use one again on a new team xD). I know i can breed later on in the game, but i really want to use him/her early on! :D

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Been doing some training in Ultra Moon lately. Finally got up to the first Pokecenter so I was finally able to pick up an event Pokemon. Hoping to do some more training tonight.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I registered for the new Global Mission a few days ago. I then started earning BP towards the mission by entering the Single challenge at the Battle Tree. With my Mimikyu, Salazzle, and Bewear, I had an easy time making it up to Red and then beating him. My Mimikyu defeated the majority of the Pokemon I faced on its own. After defeating Red, I received the Kanto starter Mega Stones back in the lobby.

Once that was done, I flew back to Konikoni City. I want to start breeding for Pokemon with good Natures, IVs, etc. soon, but I needed Ditto with certain Natures, so I went to the police station on Route 9 to do the Ditto Five side quest. I caught all five Ditto, which wasn't too hard since I made each one Transform into a Magikarp to make the fights easier.

Next, I went to the nursery at Paniola Ranch to begin breeding, starting with Larvesta. I wanted to train a Volcarona, plus I needed a good Flame Body Pokemon to have in my party when hatching eggs. So, I hatched a bunch of Larvesta eggs, and eventually got one with the right IV spread.

Finally, I trained my Larvesta. After EV training it, I leveled it up at the Battle Buffet & my Rare Kitchens in Festival Plaza until it evolved. I then taught my Volcarona a few moves to complete its moveset.