• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Recent Happenings Thread

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Omg how do I defeat the water trial's totem spider??? Its too strong=[

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Started a file on UM. Chose a Litten that has gone unnamed, for now. After finishing the trainer school bit I decided to “shake things up” by adding Big O (the lv. 1 Regigigas from Pt) to my team. Made it to Akala Island last night but.........at some point I fell asleep and hadn’t saved, recently.

Currently in the cave after just confronting the Recon Squad.

Team:
Litten
Big O/Regigigas

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Doing what I call a Box Adventure in Ultra Sun. I transferred Pokémon from Bank from my past saved files, Wonder Traded 3 boxes, and chose random Pokémon. I’ve beaten 2 trials already. My team so far is
Leuweung the female Tranquill (Lv. 27) w/Normalium-Z.
Lonely Natured
- Air Cutter
- Steel Wing
- Quick Attack
- Taunt
Charmeleon Male (Lv. 29) w/Firium-Z
Bold Natured
- Ember
- Flare Blitz
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Rush
Ivysaur Female (Lv. 23)
Brave Natured
- Razor Leaf
- Petal Dance
- Leech Seed
- Poison Powder
Tirtouga Male (Lv. 26) w/Waterium-Z
Bold Natured
- Ancient Power
- Crunch
- Protect
- Aqua Jet
SARAB the Male Herdier (Lv. 25) w/Normalium-Z
Serious Natured
- Take Down
- Crunch
- Rock Tomb
- Helping Hand
Mr. Mime male (Lv. 25)
Gentle Natured
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Confusion
- Psybeam

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Have played enough, since my last post, that I’ve beaten all trials on Akala. Was a rocky start as I shuffled my team around but by the time I made it to Olivia our parties were roughly the same level (mine, slightly under).

Just finished exploring the rest of the island. Will head to Aether Paradise when I continue.

Team:
UR burial/Sandygast
frost serv’d/A-Ninetales
CHompers/Tyrunt
a heel type/Torracat
Multi-punCH/Kirlia

Getting a little impatient that I can’t get a Dawn Stone from Pelago. Hopefully someone comes through in the Trade Forum or I’m thinking of either Mawile or Medicham to replace M-punCH.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The most amazing thing happened to me-thanks to transferring Shaymin in US, I managed to finally get the five digits. After years of using Wifi to get a bunch of Pokemon with different ID tags, it finally payed off and I won the Master Ball!

LiamJ

Only got 22 pokemon to go until I've completed the Living Dex!

And they are all Pokemon I can get from breeding or evolving what I already have. Need to get a couple of items to help the evolutions but besides that it's all easily achievable.

After that I think I might train my first competitive team. I don't know where to start... ideally want to do one which will transfer over to Sword/Shield.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Obtained a Dawn Stone at some point, via Pelago. Defeated the 2 trials on the third island, as well as Nanu. My major battles were, for the most part, evenly matched. Most of my team are at the NPC’s level or lower.

Recently bested Faba, twice, whilst on my quest to rescue Lillie. All of my members have evolved to their last stages and I’m keen to continue my play through (later) and finally finish UM, for once.

Team:
Dth Palace/Palossand
a heel type/Incineroar
Sonoma Coma/Shiinotic
Mama Crip/Empoleon
multi-punCH/Gallade
CHompers/Tyrantrum

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I started up a fresh play-through of Ultra Sun yesterday. My team so far is Brionne (which I've never used before), Grimer, Grubbin, and an Oricorio I'm using as a temporary team member until I get the Flying-type I actually want to use (Fletchling). I've almost covered the whole of Melemele Island, the last thing I need to do is get the items from Ten Carat Hill then it's off to Akala. I must say though, I can't remember Hala ever being as difficult to beat as he was this time around, perhaps it's because my starter was still an unevolved Popplio when I got to him, or because I wasn't using the best team against Fighting, but I seriously struggled against Hala.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Added Mudbray to my team (it took a while to get one with the Stamina ability though...) and cleared the second trial. I was really setting myself up for a hard time against Araquanid, levelling up my Charjabug so it would be the strongest member of my team, giving Oricorio the Flying Z Crystal, stocking up on Super Potions etc. But in the end it was surprisingly easy. It only took one Air Cutter from Oricorio to get Araquanid down to half HP, then she just finished it off with Supersonic Skystrike and smacked the ally Masquerain out of the way with another Air Cutter. Compared to the first trial and Hala, it was a complete walk in the park.

Butta

Sheeesh guess my original post didn’t make it. But I’ve been playing sun and ultra sun again lately to get my hype back up for SwSh. Completed my alola dex in sun, got 100 TMs and did a bunch of other simple side quests. Been using sun to ev train and quickly train up a bunch of my Pokémon for ultra sun. Even made a money grinding smeargle. Happy hour/pay day combo! Did a lot of battle tree battle for the fun of it. Stopped at 40, blaziken/mega salamence/ toxipex for the win.
In ultra sun I finished up the main story and am playing through the post game. Finished up the rainbow rocket arch and have been lucky egg farming/training Pokémon to fill up my alola dex in this game too. Stumbled across a shiny blissey holding a lucky egg too which was super clutch!!

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I'm now half-way through the main story, just arrived in Maile City and my team is coming on leaps and bounds. Since my last post I added Fletchling and Steenee (now Fletchinder and Tsareena) to my team, and other than a few stumbles in Mallow's trial I'm ploughing through the game now.
The thing is today I decided to move my old Kalos teams from PokeBank into my Ultra Sun cartridge to have more Pokemon in PokePelago, and I got a notification saying my subscription to PokeBank expires in 12 days. What I was planning to do was track down a second-hand copy of Ultra Moon, play through that as well, then get my Kalos and Alola teams together in one cartridge so I can transfer them all to my Switch when Pokemon Home comes out in 2020. I don't intend on renewing my PokeBank because I'll be selling my 2DS once Pokemon Home does launch, so that gives me 12 days to finish my current playthrough, buy Ultra Moon and get everyone together in one place.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Been working on playing Ultra Sun. Been training up some Pokemon and taking my time. Like it as much as Moon version which I recently beat.

--------------------------

Just took down Ilima's trial today.

Here's the team I used:

Cacnea - lv 17 - brick break, grass whistle, seed bomb, needle arm
Monferno - lv 17 - brick break, fake out, fire punch, blaze kick
Riolu - lv 17 - force palm, brick break, bullet punch, meteor mash
Scyther - lv 17 - brick break, pursuit, false swipe, night slash
Makuhita - lv 17 - brick break, force palm, sand attack, arm thrust
Meditite - lv 16 - confusion, fire punch, ice punch, brick break

Took down Hala's trial.

Here's the team I used:

Hawlucha - lv 15 - hone claws, karate chop, wing attack, roost
Spearow - lv 14 - growl, leer, pursuit, fury attack
Wingull - lv 14 - growl, water gun, supersonic, wing attack
Pikipek - lv 13 - peck, brick break, echoed voice, rock smash
Kadabra - lv 16 - teleport, kinesis, confusion
Mime Jr. - lv 11 - brick break, confusion, copycat, meditate

Last edited:

SSJCyberSoni

Jaded Veteran
Do we still have an active Gen 7 trading community or has everyone moved on to Pokemon Home?
I just need a few more pokemon to complete my dex on Ultra Sun, so I was wondering if there are still users who haven't moved forward, like me. :p

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Do we still have an active Gen 7 trading community or has everyone moved on to Pokemon Home?
I just need a few more pokemon to complete my dex on Ultra Sun, so I was wondering if there are still users who haven't moved forward, like me. :p
I’m in between. I could help depending on what you need.

SSJCyberSoni

Jaded Veteran
There are a few event legendaries I'm looking for, but for now I need Stakataka. It's the only in-game pokemon I still need. And that Own Tempo Rockruff for Dusk Forme.

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
finally decided to pick up and play Pokémon ultra sun today. Never played it before. I started the game with picking Litten as my starter Nick Name: El Tigre. Just defeated my rival Hau! After picking his starter Rowlet (not the best choice IMO) got a lucky burn after 1 ember and finished him off after a follow up Ember.

Team:
Litten: El Tigre
Level 6
-Scratch
-Growl
-Ember

Last edited:

Sandbhonerh

There are a few event legendaries I'm looking for, but for now I need Stakataka. It's the only in-game pokemon I still need. And that Own Tempo Rockruff for Dusk Forme.
I think I can help with at least the own tempo rockruff, just have to breed it as for stakataka it would take me a while because i have to play through ultra moon again but could probably do it maybe by like april 1 or 2

SSJCyberSoni

Jaded Veteran
I think I can help with at least the own tempo rockruff, just have to breed it as for stakataka it would take me a while because i have to play through ultra moon again but could probably do it maybe by like april 1 or 2
Thanks, but I already got both om them through the GTS.