• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Drummerdude

I made my way to the fourth trial which was surprisingly not terrible. I felt no shame healing Torracat everytime Lurantis used Synthesis. With that taken care of I made my way through Diglett's Tunnel, caught a bunch of mischievous Ditto and took on Olivia for my second Grand Trial. Truthfully it's been a few weeks so I don't remember every detail apart from her Lycanroc using its Z move against my about to faint Wishiwashi which was very appreciated. I made it through Akala Island without the whole party fainting!

After a quick pitstop at the Aether Foundation I sailed to Ula'Ula Island and had a very tough battle with Hau. His Tauros knocked out Torracat, Mudbray and Gumshoos with critical hits which is just about the most obnoxious thing. Wishiwashi and Floette surprisingly pulled through for me and before I knew it I was off to my fifth island trial...but not before catching my final team member, Minior! Now that I have a full party of six there really isn't any reason I should white out again. Before taking on the trial I decided to challenge the Veteran since I had in fact defeated the other trainers on Mount Hokulani....and he beat me. I did not expect his Persian to hit as hard as it did and his Absol, like Hau's Tauros, seemed like it was only capable of getting critical hits. Since I'm stubborn I decided to immediately try it again and barely pulled out a win thanks to Wishiwashi's Z move.

With that fun battle out of the way I tackled the fifth trial. I led with a newly evolved Mudsdale again and slowed down Togedemaru with Bulldoze. Once it called Skarmory in I had to swap between Bulldoze and Rock Tomb due to Torment as well as Spiky Shield. Mudsdale fainted before it could deliever the final blow but Torracat was able to come in and defeat both Togedemaru and Skarmory.

With this useless Z crystal I returned to Malie Gardens and battled Guzma. Minior was able to set up Stealth Rock before falling to Golisopod but Gumshoos' Super Fang forced a switch to Masquerain. Mudsdale's Rock Tomb it down and from there it was a full team effort to beat Golisopod. On to the sixth trial!

726.png
Lv32
735.png
Lv32
670-o.png
Lv32
749.png
Lv32
746.png
Lv32
746.png
Lv32

White out count: 4

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Was doing random fishing in the Wonder Trades in Ultra Sun a few minutes ago. Got a few bites on the hook

A spare Litten

Machoke>Machamp with No Guard ability (Really good ability)

And a Shiny Eevee which i evolved into a Flareon. Getting the happiness for Espeon/Umbreon and Sylveon is so much work. They don't have any appealing shinies either.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
Was doing random fishing in the Wonder Trades in Ultra Sun a few minutes ago. Got a few bites on the hook

A spare Litten

And a Shiny Eevee which i evolved into a Flareon. Getting the happiness for Espeon/Umbreon and Sylveon is so much work. They don't have any appealing shinies either.
I personally love shiny Espeon. With its eyes, it looks vaguely alien.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!

A spare Litten

Personally, I love Umbreon’s shiny form. They replaced the yellow markings with blue markings which only makes it stand out even more.

Pokefan_1987

Personally, I love Umbreon’s shiny form. They replaced the yellow markings with blue markings which only makes it stand out even more.
Still even with Chansey and Blissey farming with Adrenaline Orbs or defeating the Alola Elite 4 and getting Eevee to level 40+ It's really annoying getting everything lined up properly.

Vindicated30.6

Dream Ball Porygon may be from the Dream Radar software. I'm definitely considering doing a run through that again to get more Dream Balls. Only downside is that you need a copy of B2W2 to transfer it to and they retail for $80 and up at GameStop. I don't normally buy protection for my games, but I got it for my copy of B2.

keithpetrosky

Dream Ball Porygon may be from the Dream Radar software. I'm definitely considering doing a run through that again to get more Dream Balls. Only downside is that you need a copy of B2W2 to transfer it to and they retail for $80 and up at GameStop. I don't normally buy protection for my games, but I got it for my copy of B2.
You are correct, it’s from dream radar. I actually have every dream radar Pokémon on my ultra sun except the legendaries. Years of trading and wonder trade paid off ;)

Vindicated30.6

That's awesome! I only have access to an original copy of Diamond among the original Gen 4 games. I have my Level 5 Dialga, Tiny Time.

keithpetrosky

That's awesome! I only have access to an original copy of Diamond among the original Gen 4 games. I have my Level 5 Dialga, Tiny Time.
Do you have ultra sun or ultra moon? If you do and you’d like, when I have time I can breed some dream radar Pokémon if you have any favorites you want to trade. I still wonder trade rare ball Pokémon because I want people to have them in sword and shield and future games. I’ve got a rare Pokémon ark going ☺️

Vindicated30.6

I have Ultra Sun. But I'm also working on playing Y, Black 2, Brilliant Diamond and Legends Arceus, and I don't have a lot of gaming time lately due to work.

Pokefan_1987

Just got started on a new Ultra Sun playthrough. But i've forgotten one thing how do i put the beans into Mohn's Poke Pelago bean box. The screen wasn't responding and i almost got locked out. Had to reload my save before i entered the Pelago for the first time.

Vindicated30.6

I believe you just click on the box. I had to replace my 2DS XL because of screen issues myself. Note to self: do not carry in pants pocket.

Pokefan_1987

I believe you just click on the box. I had to replace my 2DS XL because of screen issues myself. Note to self: do not carry in pants pocket.
Thank i found out you have to leave a few bean on the grass and use the stylus for accurate tapping

For me i keep mine in a loose chest pocket in my jacket and with a zipper. The original 3DS i bought secondhand is small enough to carry but it doesn't have rubber around the bottom screen. There's two straight visible marks on the upper screen because of it and probably too expensive to repair. If only there was a easy screen rebuffing tools like fixing cd's

Last edited:

Vindicated30.6

Thank i found out you have to leave a few bean on the grass and use the stylus for accurate tapping

For me i keep mine in a loose chest pocket in my jacket and with a zipper. The original 3DS i bought secondhand is small enough to carry but it doesn't have rubber around the bottom screen. There's two straight visible marks on the upper screen because of it and probably too expensive to repair. If only there was a easy screen rebuffing tools like fixing cd's
Yeah I spiderwebbed the top screen and the bottom screen was messed up too. When I replaced it I got a case off Amazon that came with screen protectors and a jumbo stylus.

Pokefan_1987

Just got through Totem Togedemaru's battle. Sheesh that raised defense is way too powerful and Incineroar couldn't nuke it with Inferno Overdrive.

First off Togedemaru is WAY too good at predicting when it should use Zing Zap and Spiky Shield or Bounce. I nearly got slaughtered. Worst was part was Dedenne charming my Incineroar so much (he was my last pokemon) that i could barely damaging Todegemaru. It ended up struggling itself while i had to constantly heal. I'm not ever going for a 3rd walkthrough ever. This battle is just PURE EVIL. I'm gonna need to grind a LOT to survive from now on.

Also got a lucky and got a lvl 100 Darkrai of all things, too bad it won't obey me properly. He'll be used as backup for a bait and Switch with Zoroark to trick Necrozma into using using a move that Zoroark is immune to.

Last edited:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Just started up an Ultra Moon game this last week and working my way through Melemele Island. I'm on Route 3 right now working my way back to Iki Town to have my Grand Trial with Hala.

For this game, I transferred over a few unhatched eggs from my Ultra Sun game using PKSM. My PC is named Allie, and her team is:
Starter: Bubbles (Brionne, Level 21)
Current Team:
Bugsy (Charjabug, Level 20)
Chip (Rockruff, Level 18) (Own Tempo, hatched from egg that I transferred in)
Beakers (Trumbeak, Level 18)
Pixiemon (Cutiefly, Level 14)
Egg that I transferred in

My reserves that I have been rotating in are:
Jessica (Bunneary, Level 11)
Whisper (Zorua, Level 18)
Ken (Riolu, Level 15) (hatched from egg that I transferred in)
Gecko (Grovyle, Level 17) (hatched from egg that I transferred in)
Snowy (A-Vulpix, Level 17) (hatched from egg that I transferred in)
Ali (Crabrawler, Level 8)

I will two other Pokemon that become staples of my team once I get to a point where I can use them:
Ash-Greninja (from the Sun and Moon Preview)
World Cap Pikachu (from the QR code)

@Pokefan_1987 - did I see somewhere that you were looking for an Own Tempo Rockruff? If so, I can breed one for you and trade you the egg. DM me if you're interested.

Pokefan_1987

Just got trashed by the Totem Kommo-O. Tough luck after a lot of bosses. I forgot how to beat this thing.

My team
Primarina lvl 60
Incineroar lvl 52
Decidueye lvl 55
Greninja lvl 55
My last 2 are Zoroark lvl 37 Jack Black lvl 30 Hawlucha who i'm still leveling it up for ultra necrozma zoroark ability strategy. Got Hawlucha name from the main actor in the wrestling comedy "Nacho Libre"

Pokefan_1987

New updates

Looks like i found out how to get Rotom to NOT talk so much you have to ignore most of his question.
Still he keeps asking me if i want to go to a photo shop to take pictures for literally every evolution. And you lose some of his benefits such as using Z-Moves more than once in a battle and unlocking Rotom Egg Hatching Boost.

Other new evolutions i finished.

Togetic into a Togekiss
Murkrow into Honchkrow
Amaura into Aurorus
Tyrunt into Tyrantrum
Riolu into Lucario (is found at level 51-55) But the catch it is in the same area as Blacephalon/Stakataka can be found in Poni Grove. If you have been holding back on catching the third of the ultra beasts so you could take advantage of the 2000 exp leveling up boosts then Riolu becomes more difficult find the same areas since Ultra Beasts have priority of showing up until caught.

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
I just finished doing a Living Dex challenge on Pokemon Ultra Moon and obtained all 402 Pokemon which have a Dex entry. A living Dex is a set of boxes filled with every stage of every Pokemon. For example, while catching a Rattata and then evolving it to Raticate will fill in your Pokedex it won't count towards the Living Dex, you have to have a Rattata AND a Raticate in your PC.

I reset both my copy of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and played through them to the end(and even did Team Rainbow Rocket on Ultra Moon where my Living Dex was stored because I needed that Porygon and Upgrade to evolve a Porygon-Z) but I had a bit of help from an ancient copy of Pokemon Moon which I still had for trading and unloading Wonder Traded Pokemon on it that saved me the time to capture more annoying Pokemon. I also had help with my VC Pokemon Crystal which Banked two Lickitung so I could get Lickilicky early, and even had a couple of Pokemon transferred and ancient copy of Pokemon Black 2 still lying around for a few of the more annoying Pokemon. But in the end, I got and stored all 402. (Yes, even Magearna and Marshadow which were on my Pokemon Moon rotting away. The Marshadow is legit as it was the event Marshadow I got when they were running that event, on an older and now deleted file on my cart. I got the Magerna a while back from the QR scan. :cool:)

The only Pokemon not on the Dex was the electric catman, and while I did have one from the event, it is now in one of my Pokemon Shield accounts. This was an experience and an excuse to FINALLY do the Team Rainbow Rocket episode, even though the music was badly muted. (Or my fans were drowning it out, it's getting here in Texas. ;p)

My final team for Pokemon Ultra Sun was Incineroar, Totem Mimikyu, Meinshao, Mawile(False Swiper), Starmie, and Wigglytuff.

My final team for Pokemon Ultra Moon was Primarina, Roserade(which I bred from a transferred Roselia), Delphox(which I bred from a Wonder Traded Fennekin), Flygon, Heliolisk(which I bred from a Wonder Trade), and Scrafty.

My final team for Pokemon Moon... doesn't matter as I ditched them for a bunch of Legendaries and Mythicals I got from Wonder Trade (Darkrai, Shiny Shaymin, Dialga, Victini and Marshadow. (Ultra Sun got two Shiny Level 100 Arceus from Wonder Trade, and yes, I wonder traded in Ultra Sun as I was going to be clean and Wonder Trade free in Ultra Moon only as that was where I was building my Living Dex. Also got a Shiny Tapu Fini and other weird legendaries.) :p

And the last Pokemon I got were Solgaleo and Blacephelon in Ultra Sun after finishing that story. To be kind, I first banked the Living Dex and transferred it to Ultra Sun so that my Ultra Sun could have a 100% Pokedex too(and get the ridiculous karate gi for boys; at least my Ultra Moon female character got a cute full nurse outfit... after I wasted all the money I got from the Big Nuggets for completing TRR on Luran gear which I couldn't get all of) and have both my copy of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon have all of the 100% Pokedex stamps. ;D

I imported this entire Living Alola Dex to Pokemon HOME and got a whopping 3000 points from it and found out that Alola actually has more Kanto Pokemon than native Pokemon. Also, another pro-tip: You cannot Bank Totem-sized Pokemon that on the other version, even if you traded them. I know because the Bank wouldn't let me store Totem-size Marowak or Totem-size Togedemaru as those were Pokemon Ultra Sun Totem-sized Pokemon. I had put a few Totem-sizes in my Living Dex boxes so I had to take two more hours to catch normal-sized ones which sucked. :(

I am done with Alola except for emus to try a Professor Oak Challenge in the future. Now I am going to do a side-by-side Pokemon Diamond / Shining Pearl Professor Oak's Challenge spree(except for Munchlax, screw that thing).

Last edited: