• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Unfairness

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Pokemon following you <.>, Contests like in R/S/E >.> I don't like like my Pokemon simply dances ;~; yes I don't have BW2 yet so shushi >.>
and... the game corner... goodness that was fun >.<

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
I actually wanted Pokemon Diamond and Pearl to be sequals to Ruby and Sapphire, especially with you going back to the Hoenn Region, just as how Gold and Silver were sequals to Red and Blue.

randomspot555

I actually wanted Pokemon Diamond and Pearl to be sequals to Ruby and Sapphire, especially with you going back to the Hoenn Region, just as how Gold and Silver were sequals to Red and Blue.

...so you're disappointed that D/P weren't your personal fan-fic rather than what they were promoted as?

Hidden Power

There was no point anyways, we have lots of people to battle and raise Pokemon everyday.

I don't think you understand the subtle differences between the functions of the PokeGear/VS Seeker/PokeNav, the stadiums and Elite Four.

Last edited:
Small one, but I thought the honey trees were going to be an in-game location. Turns out they were just disappointment that happened every 12 hours.

Zachmac

...so you're disappointed that D/P weren't your personal fan-fic rather than what they were promoted as?
...Is there actually a problem with that?

People can be disappointed with whatever they want to be disappointed with. It's how they act about it that matters.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
0 IVs. Meaning no such thing as IVs anymore but nature still stands as lowering one stat.

From many years of battling, I feel Pokemon is getting more sucky every time new Pokemon appears. The imbalance that cannot be remedied unless they forgo the IVs.

zozo

SLIMED!
To further encourage the social aspect of the games that's been a significant part of reaching certain milestones from the very beginning?

I have to agree with Shadow_V-Creator, it was a dumb idea to make the modes version-exclusive and unlocked at the end of the game. They already have more than enough social aspects to the game that actually make sense. The entralink, for example, is a sensible social aspect, as is the age-old tradition of trading Pokemon. Exploring someone else's game, while it's a pain if you don't know someone in real life that plays, is a really cool concept and it naturally fits into social interaction. Trading pokemon implies two people interacting with each other to benefit each other's pokemon collection, and the best part is that you can interact this way with people all around the world, not just someone standing a few inches (in the case of IR connection) away from you. Black City/White Forest are another sensible, if somewhat annoying, way to encourage socialization. Your goal in each place is to increase the amount of people living in your City/Forest, so it makes sense that you have to interact with another game to find residents to move into your City/Forest. It sucks that, again, it's dependent on two people being in the same room at the same time for it to work (unless you have both versions and 2 DS's yourself), but whatever. For people that can take advantage of that function, it can be really fun.

But a game mode is different. It doesn't have anything to do with how you reach out to other players, it is simply a way to increase or decrease the level of difficulty in your own game, against in-game trainers. I think it was silly of GameFreak from the get-go to decide to make this something you had to unlock by beating the game, because Pokemon is not the sort of game that lends itself to restarting. This means that, unless you can get the key you need from an already-beaten game, you can't really enjoy the different modes very much. You can only use them post-story. That in itself is pretty lame. If they're going to give us modes, they should at least let us enjoy them to the fullest. But then they went one step further and made it so that you have to find someone with the opposite game as yours (unless your the type that buys both version) to get both modes on your one game? That makes no sense. I agree that it's something that is in keeping with the style of Pokemon games, but there's no real reason to make your in-game, non-interactive experience (battling in-game trainers) dependent on interaction with another human. That's just silly.
/rant

And if it seems like I'm ranting at you personally, BCVM22, I'm not. xD So, sorry if I came off that way. These are just my opinions, and it's something that I've felt since I first learned about version-exclusive modes. I think they had a great idea when they came out with the modes, but I really think they mucked it up royally.

Last edited:

BCVM22

It still boils down to the fact that it's something that if you want, you're going to have to find another person to give it to you. In that regard, it's no different from a version-exclusive Pokémon.

Furthermore, as a franchise that has never once concerned itself with difficulty levels before now, I think they figured that if someone was frothy enough that they wanted the opposite key for purposes of raising/lowering the opposing levelsthat badly, that they'd be willing to go to the lengths to get it. Again, it's all about pushing the social aspect as hard as they can.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
0 IVs. Meaning no such thing as IVs anymore but nature still stands as lowering one stat.

From many years of battling, I feel Pokemon is getting more sucky every time new Pokemon appears. The imbalance that cannot be remedied unless they forgo the IVs.
IVs wouldn't balance the game any more or less. It'd just make you work less. Hidden Power would also become useless.

BCVM22

as if people wanted more of a challange, they would have to get another DS system and game.

Or have friends who also play the game.

Yes, it's designed so that you'll need another game and system somehow, but let's not pretend that design includes you buying your own second units as the intended primary option.