• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Unfairness

randomspot555

It is still somewhat unfair, as if people wanted more of a challange, they would have to get another DS system and game. So its also a marketing scheme in a way. Not good.

OMG! Company trying to make money!

...Is there actually a problem with that?

People can be disappointed with whatever they want to be disappointed with. It's how they act about it that matters.

No problem, but its still a dumb reason to be disappointed over something that it was clearly never intended to be. That's like if I buy a box of Cheerios and I'm disappointed that Rice Krispies didn't come out of the box.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I don't really play the games any more but I probably would have wanted the Pokéradar, VS Seeker, a Pokémon following you like in HG/SS, and most importantly an evil rival. These friendly rivals just aren't good enough!

Hidden Power

OMG! Company trying to make money!

No problem, but its still a dumb reason to be disappointed over something that it was clearly never intended to be. That's like if I buy a box of Cheerios and I'm disappointed that Rice Krispies didn't come out of the box.

I agree with the points that zozo made, and I don't think the redundancy of having version exclusive modes is on the same level as having irrational expectations of your snacks.

I think the lack of berry growing system in-game for Gen V is a disappointment for me as well. It's one of the interesting interactions with the game environment, and the mechanisms are pretty much perfected in Gen IV, but they somehow decided to shift a feature that can be fully supported in-game to the online site instead.

Aegon

No part of how event Pokémon are handled is anything remotely resembling "unfair". If anything, it's done as fairly as possible, by means that allow a significant percentage of people - perhaps even a majority of people - to access an event during its duration.
I wouldn't say that. If events were to be done as fairly as possible, they could release the event Pokémon over Wi-Fi and through stores simultaneously. Excluding whole countries is certainly unfair, don't you think?

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
I thought we as a society were past saying things like this.
Welcome to the Pokémon fanbase! The most broken videogame fanbase behind Sonic The Hedgehog!

randomspot555

I agree with the points that zozo made, and I don't think the redundancy of having version exclusive modes is on the same level as having irrational expectations of your snacks.

The part I was calling irrational was some guy being disappointed that DP didn't revisit Hoenn, even though Hoenn was the focus of the game right before DP was released.

BCVM22

If events were to be done as fairly as possible, they could release the event Pokémon over Wi-Fi and through stores simultaneously.

Know what would happen then? You'd get people complaining that neither works for them. If that's a solution you deem viable - ostensibly on the basis that most people should be able to access one or the other - what makes the notion of releasing some over Wi-Fi, some in-store and the rare few more or less simultaneously (like the two 2011 Victini events) any less viable, as it still distributes the events via both methods?

Excluding whole countries is certainly unfair, don't you think?

"Whole countries" are not excluded as best such can possibly be done. If someone lives in a small country somewhere where it's simply not feasible for these events to be distributed by some means, somehow, that really is unfortunate for them. But events are widely distributed in Japan and most if not the whole of North America, Europe and Oceania. Going by the major population centers contained therein, the events really are distributed as widely as they feasibly can be. Again, it's patently impossible for them to be made available to everyone, everywhere.

lets see:
Not having pokemon following you
event/wifi pokemon. If a buy a game I would like to to think all of the pokes are there for me to catch as I please
No pokemon based on a doliphin ( here's hoping for 6th gen)

As we're forced to state again, none of these are "unfair". All of them are simply griping about game features you'd do differently, which has nothing to do with fairness.

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu
Not having pokemon following you

I still Play Soul Silver regularly for this reason.

event/wifi pokemon. If a buy a game I would like to to think all of the pokes are there for me to catch as I please

This anoys me as well, I still have to get Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Shaymin, Manaphy, Phonie, Arceus, Genesect and Mellotica.

No pokemon based on a doliphin ( here's hoping for 6th gen)

;368; <~ I know it isn't really a dolphin but I think it's close enough xD

Kalosian

So long
Before the release of HG/SS, I expected a level bump from the originals, like wild Pokemon at level 50-60 at least towards the end of the game. I also expected them to add something that allowed you to rebattle trainers in a good way (like the VS. Seeker or Pokenav), not just the PokeGear which was horrible in the originals, and stayed the same in the remakes. But the developers decided to take a step back from previous games in both aspects, and my disappointment could not have been larger.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
This anoys me as well, I still have to get Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Shaymin, Manaphy, Phonie, Arceus, Genesect and Mellotica.

If it's any consolation, "Mellotica" hasn't had an event outide of Japan yet.

randomspot555

Genesects event happened for an entire month after B2W2's release via Wi-Fi.

Arceus had a PGL distribution shortly after BW's release that was heavily promoted and advertised on the Internet because it was based off of a fan vote at pokemon.com.

If you missed these, it sucks, but they made it available and for whatever reason, you decided not to get them.

All those others were given out during Gen 4. Jirachi and Mew via Wi-Fi, the others with in-store distributions.

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu
Genesects event happened for an entire month after B2W2's release via Wi-Fi.

Arceus had a PGL distribution shortly after BW's release that was heavily promoted and advertised on the Internet because it was based off of a fan vote at pokemon.com.

If you missed these, it sucks, but they made it available and for whatever reason, you decided not to get them.

All those others were given out during Gen 4. Jirachi and Mew via Wi-Fi, the others with in-store distributions.

I live in Australia so we don't get too many in store. I can't connect my DS to my wi-fi so I was really upset that I missed Genesect.

randomspot555

I live in Australia so we don't get too many in store.

Australia got the Gen 4 events for in-store events for Darkrai, Shaymin, Deoxys, Celebi, Arceus,lvl 100 Regigigias...basically every single major Gen 4 event besides Manaphy (which was distributed in a zillion other different ways anyway, including via Pokemon Ranger). In Gen 5, Australia had in-store events for Victini (and I think the mystery egg event, but I'm not certain).

Once again, there is a difference between these events didn't happen and you didn't go to them. For whatever reason, you didn't go to them.

I can't connect my DS to my wi-fi so I was really upset that I missed Genesect.

You don't need to have Wi-Fi access 24/7. You need it for like, 2 minutes. You go to a friend's house, use a public hotspot, do something. I understand not everyone has it at home, but over the course of a month, you probably could've found compatible wi-fi access for 2 minutes.

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu
Australia got the Gen 4 events for in-store events for Darkrai, Shaymin, Deoxys, Celebi, Arceus,lvl 100 Regigigias...basically every single major Gen 4 event besides Manaphy (which was distributed in a zillion other different ways anyway, including via Pokemon Ranger). In Gen 5, Australia had in-store events for Victini (and I think the mystery egg event, but I'm not certain).

Once again, there is a difference between these events didn't happen and you didn't go to them. For whatever reason, you didn't go to them.

You don't need to have Wi-Fi access 24/7. You need it for like, 2 minutes. You go to a friend's house, use a public hotspot, do something. I understand not everyone has it at home, but over the course of a month, you probably could've found compatible wi-fi access for 2 minutes.

I got Darkrai, Celebi, Victini and Regigigas.

and for the wi-fi, I'm in a real hole of a situation right now, so my best bet would be to figure out how to get my one working properly so I can get the last few a need through trade.

SASHA the master

A living Legend !
Hax is the 2nd thing that is making pokemon unperfect , in other words critical's ratio should be 0%
and moves with 90-95% accuracy should be more like 100% (not all of them either )even if they become too powerful , maybe reducing the power over accuracy is a solution
Also will-o-wisp should be 90-100% accuracy this way arceus in ubers would become less powerful cuz it's already too OP