• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Unfairness

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
Yes!

As crazy as it sounds, even though it doesn't have to be a starter, I want to see a very powerful fire/ice pokemon one day, which could be based off of a ball of volcanic hail, which has been known to occur, firey volcanic ash that goes so high in the air, it gathers ice and becomes a stable contradiction...

Or at least based off of said contradiction, although it's weaknesses to rock and ground would be dreadful...

Yeah,that would be great if a Pokemon with a secondary type that was the weakness of their primary type.

Mr.FusRoDah

Yeah,that would be great if a Pokemon with a secondary type that was the weakness of their primary type.

I happen to like these said creatures, like Kyurem, Medicham, and Scrafty. I enjoy these said combos, sometimes it produces harder to kill examples of these creatures, like how Scrafty is immune to Psychic attacks (save miracle eyeing them first) and Medicham only gets neutral damage from a Psychic attack.

The Invincible Kai

Curtis/Yancy Fangirl
Well I guess for me it would have to be character customization.

^ Yes! That would be soo amazing, although I don't see that happening anytime soon. xD
I mean, Battle Revolution had it, but it was so lame. You needed so much money (or whatever) to buy new customization options .__.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
I wanted Black 2 to have the Chill/Douse drives and White 2 to have the Burn/Shock drives, instead of using the same ones found in Black/White.

People need to have hack roms or use cheats in order to have a trade evolution. I think this is just ridiculous and unfair.

Also, it's unfair that great pokemons come so late. The later generation over did it, what's ridicilous too.

Mr.FusRoDah

People need to have hack roms or use cheats in order to have a trade evolution. I think this is just ridiculous and unfair.

Also, it's unfair that great pokemons come so late. The later generation over did it, what's ridicilous too.

I don't find Gen V overdone, if anything that was the smartest thing for them to do.
Think about it, do u expect to find american monarch butterflies in Japan?
Why would we find Butterfrees as a native species in Unova?

One unfair thing I see in Pokemon is how most of the world doesn't even get half of the events Japan or us in the US get. Makes me feel sad.

Zachmac

Pokemon equality.

I mean, there will never be true equality competitively, but they could do it in game if they tried. And the worst part is that they treat every non-legendary/pseudo-legendary pokemon to be equal with one another, but compare Far'fetched's and Raticate's stats with, say, Arcanine.

Then there is the ice type's amount of weaknesses compared to resistances...that's just ridiculous.

Last edited:
I don't find Gen V overdone, if anything that was the smartest thing for them to do.

I didn't get it. I was talking about how they come late in-game, and the 5th Generation overdid it because of BW: Axew, Mienfoo, Rufflet/Vullaby, Deino and Larvesta. It maked me sad. That wasn't only Dratini like in the First Generation, what was boring, but not so unfair.

Hidden Power

One unfair thing I see in Pokemon is how most of the world doesn't even get half of the events Japan or us in the US get. Makes me feel sad.

Since when does the location of a real life species affect whether the Pokemon it's based on will appear in a game or not? It has been inconsequential as far as I can remember. Later generations do make an attempt to introduce more Pokemon that are viable to use, especially for Bug types. No more "evolve at lower levels but have a BST of 300" nonsense, and every Bug type in Gen V has decent BST and movepool.

Since when does the location of a real life species affect whether the Pokemon it's based on will appear in a game or not? It has been inconsequential as far as I can remember. Later generations do make an attempt to introduce more Pokemon that are viable to use, especially for Bug types. No more "evolve at lower levels but have a BST of 300" nonsense, and every Bug type in Gen V has decent BST and movepool.

That's true, I must say that BW was the bug reborn. Where almost all bugs are at least somewhat cool.

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
I happen to like these said creatures, like Kyurem, Medicham, and Scrafty. I enjoy these said combos, sometimes it produces harder to kill examples of these creatures, like how Scrafty is immune to Psychic attacks (save miracle eyeing them first) and Medicham only gets neutral damage from a Psychic attack.

Oh,I almost forgot that there were already Pokemon with that characteristics. Thats very unique.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
I'd really hope to see these things:

1) Pokémon following you
2) More boxes (24 just isn't enough if you want a living pokédex with every form, and still want to hunt shiny's and breed the crap out of them.
3) Underground, secret bases.
4) A extra region added
5) Berrie trees
6) Diving on more spots
7) Safari zone
8) A easier and accurate way to show your EV's and IV's.

I could think of much more, but CBA now.

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
I'd really hope to see these things:

1) Pokémon following you
2) More boxes (24 just isn't enough if you want a living pokédex with every form, and still want to hunt shiny's and breed the crap out of them.
3) Underground, secret bases.
4) A extra region added
5) Berrie trees
6) Diving on more spots
7) Safari zone
8) A easier and accurate way to show your EV's and IV's.

I could think of much more, but CBA now.

I'm sure more boxes will come someday.But if they were releasing a new game thats still part of Generation 5 Main Series,GF must add at least 2 to 5 boxes especially for those who are collecting and MMing for shiny Pokemon.

I also missed Safari Zone since theres no any in Generation 5.

fireice

re-challenging the gym leaders after the national dex with updated rosters like Gen IV. I loved that feature :)

rocky505

America and other countries being screwed out of getting events(especially the DW starters both Japan and Korea have gotten)

Samurott not being part fighting or part steel either type would've made sense.

Putting DW event pokemon passwords in certain store bought games months after the games are released(DW Lucario for BW at target and DW Pikachu for B2W2)