• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Universe 11.1: A Fresh Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

CptDrDigi

Chickity China
;136; I picka the number...69...

Mug

Sgt. Sunshine
(OOC: I wish I had your drawing talents ;A; and a tablet)

;471; *nods* Iris approves of this drawing.

;428; Isn't that right? She makes herself look so kyute! and like, some years younger.

;053; Aah, thanks you guys!

(OOC: I'm glad y'all like it! Also, about the age thing, I was going for that whole childish vibe, so I was like "Eh, what the heck, might as well make her look like, age ten.)

;053; Also, I will not participate in this match! You can't just go through someone's things like that, especially not their diary! I still remember what happened after I tried to sneak a look at dear Roderich's diary...!!

Pir8Heart

ƸӜƷ
;428; Nnnn... I'm getting a bad feeling for some reason. Girl's intuition, you might call it? I'll drop out of this one, I guess...

;490; Spheres, Cynder, James, Pekka, Iris, Casey, and Zaph it is rude to look through somebodies personal belongings! You have all failed this test and as such will have a 5 point disadvantage at the point meter.

Also Elizvita please make your decision soon.

Time for a contest (I don't remember if this is 1 or 2)! For this you will each arrange an opening ceremony for a very special events. Explain how you created the opening ceremony and of course how everythinf goes. You have 48 hours.

Last edited:

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
;082; : Pointdexter: I did not do this match for points, I did it because I was curious as to what his diary would hold. Regardless of the loss of points, I'd still like to read page 42.

Nightfall_

Gamer Extrodinare
OPENING CEREMONY OF THE POKE-OLYMPICS!

;196;: Cynder is here, ready to shine!

;037;: Yay!

;196;: Alright, Maria, where's Forune?

;037;: I have no idea.

;196;: Great, does Cynder HAVE to be Ace Attorney again?

;037;: Nope! YOUR MARIO AND SONIC AT THE LONDEN OLYMPIC GAM-

;196;: *Puts...uh...paw over Maria's mouth* No, dang it!

;037;: Well, we need to get the ceremony ready.

;196;: Fine. You get the workers and plan out how the set will look, i'll plan out the script.

;037;: Bingo.

*One hour later*

;009;: ALRIGHT YOU LAZY BUMS! START WORKING!

;067;x50: *Starts working*

;037;: *Is revising script* And for starters, Geodude Winnington did not say 'To Kill a Mockingbird'.

;196;: Great...this isn't going well at all!

;037;: Oh, come on, its fine!

;196;: Well...I did do a good job arresting and kicking butt, so why can't Cynder prevail?

;037;: Y'know, I laughed and laughed at that part!

;196;: (Except I wasn't laughing)

;037;: Alright, script done! Now, where's Forune?

;038;: *is carrying a torch* Alright, kiddies, got the torch like you wanted-what the hel-

;037;: No cussing, everything is in place! Let the opening ceremony begin!

~

Crowd: YAY!

;196;: *is dressed in beautiful red dress* Hello fellas, this is Cynder, and this is Forune- head of the Poke-Olympics!

;038;: *Waves to rooting crowd, dressed in a beautiful dress that is on fire for dramatic affect*

;196;: The olympics are our bread and butter, jam and jelly, the cats pajama-

;038;: *kicks Cynder*

;196;: *receives kick* Well, anyway, Cynders' not one for speechs...SO LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED!

;038;: *Lights Olympic torch thing*

;196;: LET THE GAMES BEGIN! OR NOT! CYNDER DOSEN'T CARE!

Crowd: YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Mug

Sgt. Sunshine
;053; Oh, right, slipped my mind. I'll choose "chosen".
Anyway, time to get this opening ceremony underway~! I had to get a friend of mine, Gilbert;059; to help me out; he's got quite a flair for the dramatics! Although he has quite a hatred of dear Roderich...
I'll post it in a bit!

VS

they/she
;460; Time for my Opening Ceremony of the International Pekka Jones Hockey League! (IPJHL)
;460; I'm standing here in Detroit, Michigan, United States to open this year of the IPJHL! Here is Johnathon Jones with the national anthem of the USA
;459; ♪ O say can you see by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;
O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave,
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave? ♪
;460; And the opening ceremony begins now.
*Giant Hockey stick*
*Giant pucks*
;460; NHL
;460; Los Angales Kings
*goal with LA Kings puck*
;460; New Jersey Devils
*goal with NJ Devils Puck*
;460; Dallas Stars
*goal with puck*
;460; Vancouver Canucks
*goal with puck*
;460; IIHF
;460; United States of America
*goal with puck*
;460; Canada
*goal with puck*
;460; Russia
*goal with Puck*
;460; NCAA
;460; LSU
*goal*
;460; OU
*goal*
;460; SPHL
;460; Louisiana Icegators!
*goal*
*all pucks go out with dancers on them*
(OOC: I don't have much time to write this)

Mug

Sgt. Sunshine
;053; Elizaveta Plans a Ceremony!

The teacup shattered on the floor.

"You're putting him in charge of the ceremony?!" Roderich;038; sputtered in disgust. Elizaveta shrank back in her chair.

"Well, you know," she tried to sway him. "He might be a little off, but he knows how to throw a party! That's just what this world conference needs-- some excitement! Right?"

"But--"

"But nothing! Listen to the name! "World Conference". How boring does that sound?! It needs excitement, and who has more of that than Gilbert?"

"He is an arrogant, conceited, uncaring, ignorant excuse for a Pokemon, and I will not allow him in this house to plan this ceremony with you!" he replied bluntly, turning up his nose.

You know what they say about desparate times...

"I guess I'll just have to go to his house, then," She said snootily. Roderich's eyes widened.

"N-no, that will simply not work at all! If you have to converse with that... that buffoon-- you will do it here, where I can keep an eye on you."

~~~ Later that day ~~~

"Hey hey hey, the awesome ME has arrived!!" Gilbert shouted, barging in through the front door.

Roderich narrowed his eyes with disgust. "You could at least have the courtesy to knock, you know."

"Yeah, yeah, can it, Rod. Where's 'Liza? I wanna get to planning this ceremony which will be almost as AWESOME as me!"

"Her name is Eliz--" Roderich was about to object before being cut off by a too-happy Elizaveta bounding down the stairs.

"Hey Gilbert!" she shouted. "So good to see you." She nudged Roderich, translating to "Be nice."

"So, 'Liza, shall we head up to your room?" Asked Gilbert with a sneer directed at Roderich.

"Yes, let's go! We have a lot to plan!" Elizaveta quickly fled up the stairs-- a little too quickly. Things were heating up in the living room, and not because there were two Fire types there.

"Yes... have fun." growled Roderich, sauntering off to his piano room.

~~~ At the World Conference ~~~

"OKAY, WORLD LEADERS!" Gilbert shouted, appearing on the stage, where a spotlight shone on him. "ARE YOU READY FOR THIS AWESOMENESS?!"

Some of the leaders clapped or cheered. Others just gaped incredulously.

"The main event of this AWESOME ceremony is an AWESOME fireworks display! But first, you'll see an AWESOME dance routine from the Spinda Dance Quartet!"

Four Spinda tottered onto the stage. The world leaders watched, unimpressed. Why couldn't they have gotten more skilled Pokemon, like the Roserade dancers, to do this...? The music began, upbeat and energetic. The Spinda twirled around arbitrarily for a bit, before two bumped into each other and rolled off the stage, crashing into the conference table! Papers and glasses of water were sent flying from the impact, and the leaders cried out in shock. This was going all wrong!

The music was cut and Gilbert rushed on stage. "Ah..." he began nervously. "ANYWAY let's get to the fireworks!! Hahaha..."

Outside, the leaders stood in an unimpressed cluster, waiting impatiently, while Gilbert conferred with Elizaveta inside.

"You were the one who wanted to save money by hiring the Spinda dancers!" Elizaveta accused.

"You could have argued!" Gilbert retorted.

"You would have been too stubborn to listen to me, anyway!!" she shouted back. She knew this would get nowhere. "Look, just go start the fireworks."

Growling, Gilbert went outside. It was a clear night, perfect for fireworks. Hopefully this would work. The fireworks were laying on the ground in a big cluster. Gilbert took the first ones into his paws and was about to snort a tiny ember to light them, when he sneezed randomly and lit them all!

Gilbert's eyes widened. "EVERYBODY RUN!!!"

The leaders began to scatter in confusion, but they weren't far enough to escape the mass fireworks explosion. The coloured sparks shot into the air all at once, the blasts throwing Gilbert, Elizaveta, and the leaders all tumbling away. When the smoke cleared, the head leader, an Electivire, approached Gilbert and Elizaveta, the three of them dirtied with dust and dirt.

"You two are hereby banned from all activities regarding the World Conference. ...And fireworks." And, just like that, the leaders went back inside the building.

~~~ Back at home ~~~

"Oh my, dear, are you alright? You're filthy!" Roderich ran to the door when Elizaveta walked in.

"Yeah... but you were right, dear." Elizaveta said glumly.

He tilted his head in confusion. "About what?"

"I should stop hanging out with Gilbert."

Charze

Always flyin'
Braze and the Opening Ceremony

Braze's Fighting Tournament

:620: Braze-Son, so nice to see you here.

:619: Not a problem Master Shao. I came as soon as I heard your request.

:620: Yes. I have a very important project that I need you to do.

:619: OF COURSE! Let me guess, you need me to fend off the Mongols, or maybe stop another giant monster, or maybe track down an international thief that has been looting Japan!

:620: Eh, actually I need you to organize the Annual Fighting Fighters Fight Opening Ceremony. Very important.

:619: How is that important? It's just a dumb ceremony for the tournament.

:620: Ah, well you see, it's very important that you do this because you have failed miserably in the past two challenges and you don't want to get voted out.

:619: Wait what?

:620: Eh, fourth wall stuff. That's besides the point. Now getting working. *shoos Braze*

:619: Ugh, fine. Now let's see what I have to work with at the Hall.

The Hall

Braze came into a large room filled with... Nothing...

:619: You've gotta Bekidding me. How am I supposed to put this together? Hmm, where to start... I don't even know. I guess I do need some workers to help me out. Now where are there a bunch of buff guys with nothing to do... I GOT IT!

The Beach

:619: Hey, you. Muscle guy.

;067; Hey guys, look at this fightin shrimp guy.

;067; Huhuhu. Shrimp.

:619: Hey listen, that's great, now can you help me with this project?

;067; And why should we do that?

:619: Because girls dig tough guys that are helpful.

;067; Hey, this guys right. Let's do it!

;067; x3 Yeah!

Back at the Hall

:619: So I'm thinking we should build a stage for the main performance to be showed on.

;067; What's the main performance?

:619: Uhh... I'll deal with that later. You guys just keep working on this stage.

;067; Whatevs.

Later...

;067; Hey, Uh kid. We finished the stage.

:619: You did? That's awesome! Thanks guys.

;067; All for the ladies my man. By the way, when is this thing supposed to be?

:619: Uhh, I don't know. Master Shao didn't really say.

;067; Oh, well there are a whole bunch of fighting types outside the door.

:619: AHHHHHHONSNAPIDONTEVENHAVEEVERYTHINGREADYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then, to make Braze's life even better, the stage collapsed.

:619: AH! THIS IS GOING TERRIBLY!!!

;067; Well hey, it's Jeff's fault. He always sucked at building supports.

;067; Me? You're the one who was working on the supports!!!

;067; YOU WANNA GO MAN!!!

;067; OH YEAH!

Then the Machokes were now all fighting on the destroyed stage. The fighting types came into the "Opening Ceremony" and used multiple smellingsalts to revive Braze.

:620: Braze, I don't know what to say...

:619: Master Shao, I'm sorry. It's just that...

:620: What are you sorry for? This is genius! I know exactly what you mean!

:619: Uh...

:620: It's simple! Why have some stupid opening ceremony when you can just get to the real thing! That's what we're here for! The Fighting Fighters Fight! And you've already started it! Join them fighters!!!

With that, A number of Lucarios, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Brelooms, Machamps, Machokes, (I could go on forever) etc, joined the battle to make one massive brawl.

:619: Uhh... I don't know if those Machokes can stand up to all of these professional fighters. Uhh... I'm sure they'll be fine. *leaves*

Later...

;067; Ugh, good thing we got outta there quick. We would've been toast.

;067; Yeah, that's a relief... Wait. Where's Jeff?

;067; HELP ME!!!!

;067; You've gotta Bekidding me...

:579: You called?

I hoped you like my story! I would've worked to add maybe a little more length, but I've got Band Camp tomorrow. Good thing I managed to get this challenge in done reasonably well...

Flame Mistress

If your question made any sense or sounded like it was directed to me I'd answer you. It did neither of those.

(OoC: I don't know how hard it is to understand the simple phrase "What do you mean by that?". But whatever.)

Iris' Olympic Opening Ceremony!

~~One Year Beforehand~~

Everyone in the hall winced as Arceus brought down a fist upon the table, his glare boring into the cowering Shaymin. "What do you mean, you put a... a GLACEON in charge of the Opening Ceremony?" he roared with rage, making the grass hedgehog tremble in fear even more. "You... you let a foolish, inexperienced mortal control the event created to honor us, the Legendaries? Are you out of your mind, you FOOL?"

"B-b-but M-master, this G-Glaceon is s-s-supposedly one of U-Unova's g-greatest i-i-inventors," Shaymin squeaked in a high-pitched voiced, backing away.*

"THAT'S the excuse you have for me?" Arceus bellowed, picking up Shaymin menacingly, who squealed in terror. "I will give you one chance, Shaymin," he growled as the other Legendaries gathered braced themselves, "one chance. If the Glaceon girl does a good job which satisfies me, I shall let you go, and dissolve my anger. However, if she doesn't, you can be assured that all of you--" Arceus turned to the Legendaries and glared at them-- "as well as the world, will come to a sorry end. No mistakes will be allowed."

Shaymin nodded with her eyes wide with fear, and Arceus let her fall to the floor. She picked herself up, tripping in the process, and along with the other Legendaries, hastily left the hall.*

----------

~~Present Day~~

Oblivious to the fact that the world's fate lay in her hands, Iris put the last finishing touches to her masterpiece.

"Perfect," she said, as she watched the cauldron light up in all its glory for its last test run, prepared for the Opening Ceremony taking place almost twenty hours later. "Simply perfect. I suppose the Legendaries will be satisfied, and of course, the audience even more so."

Just then, a Tepig, whom Iris recognized as one of the two young Pokémon in the roles of two of the most important characters of the Ceremony, ran up to her, swearing and breathing heavily. "Miss, we have an emergency," the Tepig said, his eyes full of concern. "Skye's broken her leg. There just isn't a way she can dance with a broken leg like that - she said it herself. There needs to be a replacement."

"WHAT?" Iris yelled, biting down on her lip. Skye was the other Pokémon in the duo, a Snivy, one of the youngest as well as the best dancers in the Ceremony... And she had a crucial role which couldn't just be abandoned... She needed a new plan, and fast. There were only 20 or so hours until the Ceremony; it was virtually impossible to alter the whole script, or to find a replacement - and there was no way Iris was going to let her masterpiece become a failure.*

"Okay, thanks for telling me," Iris sighed at last, dismissing the Tepig. The directing crew nearby stared at her, as if to expect her to spontaneously come up with an idea to solve the whole situation. "Will you stop staring at me?" she said angrily, walking back and forth. "You're not giving me any--"

At that precise, almost comical moment, a light-bulb lit up over her head.*

----------

Iris watched as the Opening Ceremony began to unfold to the public. First, there was the rundown of Unova's history in thirty minutes, from the verdant pastures to the splitting of the Legendary Dragon, forming Reshiram and Zekrom, and then the industrialization of the region, the overtaking of humans... Then the appearance of Team Plasma, which separated humans and Pokémon for good... and then the worldwide uprising against the powerless humans, leading to their extinction. Tens of thousands of Pokémon were involved in this act; the humans had been represented by androids, humanoid robots Iris had invented herself for the Ceremony, to show how emotionless and over-analytic the humans had been. Wonderful.*

Next came the most anticipated part of the Ceremony; the showcase of Dream World, a mystical place within Unova where dreams literally came true. The part where Skye and the Tepig (named Pete) were to be the stars. But, with the absence of Skye, Iris had created a last-minute plan, and had grabbed one of her earliest inventions - the hologram producer. It had the ability to produce holograms of great detail and precision, as its name suggested, and had to be perfect for the occasion.*

First, Pete was shown being tucked into bed by his mother, a lullaby playing in the background, then - bam. Pete was awake again, but in an entirely different world; Skye was there by his side, warning him of a great danger, and then grabbed his hand and started to run.*

"It's a hologram!" one of the directing crew exclaimed; Iris nodded. Really, it was more fitting for the scene; there, but unreal.*

Pete and Skye encountered dark, ethereal monsters and many obstacles along the way, such as walls with evil grins on them - things that featured within a child's nightmares, as they had often done in Iris' childhood more than enough times. But in the end, all was well... except for the fact that the end of his nightmares had been the result of him aging into a teenager, and losing his innocence. But what really mattered was that her plan had succeeded.*

As the rest of the Opening Ceremony flew by, everyone in the directing team started to ask her questions about how she had pulled off the trick. "Simple," she replied every time. "I had lots of tapes of Skye performing her act, so I pieced them all together and created the hologram."

Iris was obviously still completely oblivious to the fact that she had just saved the world.*

What do exactly mean by that.
It wasn't directed to me, and it makes no sense at all (whether you say it does or not, and I have no idea what "that" is. Please if you're going to complain make sure you do it privately or that you at least have proper sentences that make sense.

;490; Ahem anyways....contests was over a while ago, but I'll accept the late contest.
Now we shall move on to......another contest? What?!?! Hmm weird, anyway your job is to now write about your character performing in olympic events. You have another 48 hours to post here your 3 events which are Hundred meter dash, shotput, and synchronized swimming.

Status
Not open for further replies.