• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon: Unova Chronicles Discussion Thread

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Approved by Kamotz!

Kamotz said:
DVB said:
Sign-Up Thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?572287-Pokemon-Unova-Chronicles

The actual Thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?573206-Pokemon-Unova-Chronicles-(PG-13)

I am formally requesting a discussion thread because we have at least 6 members and I believe it would be beneficial for everyone to be able to discuss the plot for new ideas as well as serve for better communication. Please and thank you.
Approved...Go forth!

Sign-Up Thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?572287-Pokemon-Unova-Chronicles

The actual Thread:
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?573206-Pokemon-Unova-Chronicles-(PG-13)

The World of Pokemon. What an extraordinary and wonderful place! Filled with over 600 species of pokemon and more being discovered, it is a miraculous land. Pokemon range from sizes big and small or short and tall. There are many types of people who interact with Pokemon each and every day. Some wish to train Pokemon and they fight alongside them. These are called Pokemon Trainers. Trainers can go on adventures and take challenges to fight the Pokemon Gyms and go and try to be the best Trainer. Others desire taking care of Pokemon and watching grow and become stronger and knowing the pros and cons on how to raise Pokemon. They are called Pokemon Breeders. Others also enjoy participating in Contests with Pokemon but instead of showing off their battling prowess and skills, they show off their style and strategies for gaining appeal and their Pokemon's outer and inner beauty. They participate in Pokemon Contests and are called Pokemon Coordinators. There are other people who laugh and play and observe Pokemon like Pokemon Watchers, Pokemon Researchers and many more special individuals.

However, it is also a dangerous land. For as long as there has been good, there is evil. There has always been evil people who with or without Pokemon, try and take control or of legendary Pokemon for their own evil agendas. These evil teams and groups have been stopped by Pokemon Rangers and the police. However, sometimes it occurs because special people, people who have powerful bonds with their Pokemon and good hearts and strong wills go and help save the world for all of humanity and Pokemon. Our story takes place in Unova, far from the main lands of Kanto, Jotho, Sinnoh and Hoemn. New rules have been applied since the incident that Mt. Coronet with Team Galaxy. While trainers can still leave at 10, they must travel in groups. This is the same for coordinators. Trainers who wish to seek a whole new experience are starting in their home regions or from different regions and here, there will be the stories to be told, adventures to be had and for the life lessons and friendships to be had. As we speak, trainers with their own companion are traveling to Professor Juniper's laboratory for their first Pokedex. However, those without Pokemon are also headed there to receive their first Pokemon. Be wary though. Much like in the other regions, Unova has been having its mysterious group as well. They call themselves Team Plasma. However, their goals and ideals are radically different than those of the other teams. And what of the legendary Pokemon here and most mysteriously, the strange holes or gates that appear with pink gas to some sort of "Dream World?"

Yup, this is a rebirth of Pokemon Wonderful, but with some slight modifications. We will all start from the same place. The Wonderful World of Pokemon was originally done by Martin until he vanished. As a Co-GM, I took over to help keep it going

Requirements:

You must be able to make at least one post every few days. Exceptions are allowed but try and post as much as you can.
You must be at least (higher is just fine) the age of your character. This is for maturity purposes so at least 13, again exceptions can be made.
You must have experience or tell us your new and except any and all advice/criticism.
You must have fun.

Information:

Each group can travel the land however they want and in any order, they can participate in contests, fight gyms, or just do their thing.
Wild Pokémon can sense your Pokémon's levels through there balls, so you will almost never be bothered by something to high or to low.
Gym leaders will change Pokémon based on the trainers level of Pokémon to make things even.
Your Pokémon will learn moves in order of the move list, but you have to train them to learn it. (it has happened often in anime) Two training posts are required per move. (don't have to be at the same time and probably shouldn't, one training session a day would be nice)
If your wild Pokémon gets an egg move from it's own species that is on it's level list it may have one of them.
Your Pokémon will retain the knowledge of all known moves but can only use five different moves per battle.
To start with Please stick to your written personality though charachter changes do happen try to keep to what you said you start.
In this RPG you can choose to have your Pokémon talk to one another through [ ] EX. Pikachu said, [That was cool!] but humans hear, "Pika!"

Name:

Starting Town:
Home Town, Region:
Occupation: (Trainer or Coordinator; you can also include extras like Watcher, Breeder or such)

Dream/Goal:

Description:

Personality:

History:

Special Skills:

Pokémon

Species:
Name:
Personality:

Other:

Current List of Players:

DVB- Diego Vendrix
Titan500- Robert Zhou
Krazy95- Tyler Phoenix
CuriousHeartless- Jackson Black
deltakurumiru- Kari Karma

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Pokemon Unova Chronicles Discussion Topic.

Now, we have the current list of players set up. However, because Requiem hasn't replied yet, not sure whether to keep the character. Here you will be hearing about what will happen and any crazy ideas, suggestions or fanart you guys want to place.

So have fun :D !

Last edited:

TylerPhoenix

I'm glad to be back!
So, for another RP I'm in, I'm drawing the images Tyler Phoenix sketches. I'm thinking of doing something similar with this one maybe.

Something bugging me is that the whole group is travelling as one large massive unit. Surely this will cause problems, especially at Gym/Contest time (contests less so). Shouldn't we separate or at least attempt to sort it out a little?

It'll make my RP adventure hellish for one, as Tyler won't talk in big groups and will end up wandering quite a distance behind.

So what's the plan? Gym battles in the usual cities etc? Or a new order/scheme?

DVB

Philosopher Knight
So, for another RP I'm in, I'm drawing the images Tyler Phoenix sketches. I'm thinking of doing something similar with this one maybe.

Something bugging me is that the whole group is travelling as one large massive unit. Surely this will cause problems, especially at Gym/Contest time (contests less so). Shouldn't we separate or at least attempt to sort it out a little?

It'll make my RP adventure hellish for one, as Tyler won't talk in big groups and will end up wandering quite a distance behind.

So what's the plan? Gym battles in the usual cities etc? Or a new order/scheme?

The usual. However, I am not sure how many trainers and coordinators we have. Also, we may be losing some folks. Also, it depends on the balance. We will go in the usual order. I am not sure if we have any coordinators. If we do, I will post the list of locations where the Contests will take place.

CuriousHeartless

I was actually thinking we could use a discussion thread.

Jack would probably pull the Nando route and go for badges and ribbons, because he's based on me and I'd go for anything I can.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
That's cool. So we have at least one person going for contests. Be nice if we had one person solely dedicated to it if not two.

TylerPhoenix

I'm glad to be back!
Hm. Based on the amount of people there may/may not be, I can see why a large group would work. But based on what I've read, other people should get involved with each other. Since the RP started, we've had VERY solid groups. Time to make the group merge into a group and talk between each other, not just to individuals.

Also, i think I'd be going for contests and badges as well. I like Contests, but never have really given them a go on RP, so would like to play it safe as such.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
I can see where you are going. We have to see who remains so we can try and get everyone to interact with one another.

Titan500

Solar Panels
Robert won't aim for anything. He'll probably do one thing.

Serve as comic relief.

Torpoleon

So this is pretty much what I plan to happen to Sophi in UC.

Snivy (Start)--> Servine (Castelia City)--> Serperior (Around Opelucid, I guess)
Tackle, Vine Whip, Growth, Leaf Tornado, Leaf Blade, Coil, Giga Drain, Leaf Storm, Aerial Ace, Hyper Beam & Dragon Tail

Gothita (Route 1)--> Gothorita (Pinwheel Forest)--> Gothitelle (Around Icirrus, I guess)
Pound, Confusion, Tickle Fake Tears, Reflect, Light Screen, Psybeam, Flatter, Charge Beam, Faint Attack, Psyshock, Thunderbolt, Psychic & Energy Ball

Pawniard (Dreamyard)--> Bisharp (Late in Unova, training with Grimsley)
Scratch, Metal Defense, Fury Cutter, Metal Claw, Faint Attack, Brick Break, Shadow Claw, Iron Head, Night Slash, X-Scissor, Shadow Claw, Poison Jab & Guillotine

Sandile (Route 4)--> Krokorok (Between Driftveil & Mistralton)--> Krookodile (Between Icirrus & Opelucid)
Bite, Sand Attack, Sand Tomb, Dig, Assurance, Crunch, Incinerate, Shadow Claw, Stone Edge, Dragon Claw, Foul Play, Earthquake & Outrage

Drilbur (Driftveil Drawbridge)--> Excadrill (Between Mistralton & Icirrus)
Scratch, Rapid Spin, Metal Claw, Mud Slap, Hone Claws, Slash, Rock Slide, Horn Drill, Drill Run

Mienfoo (Icirrus)
Pound, Meditate, Detect, Force Palm, Jump Kick, Hi Jump Kick, Aura Sphere, Aerial Ace & Poison Jab

Gym #1: Sophi VS Chili
Gothita VS Pansear (Gothita wins)
Gothita VS Tepig (Tepig wins)
Snivy VS Tepig (Snivy wins)

Gym #2: Sophi VS Lenora
Pawniard VS Lillipup (Pawniard is recalled)
Gothita VS Lillipup (Gothita wins)
Gothita VS Minccino (Draw)
Pawniard VS Watchog (Watchog wins)
Snivy VS Watchog (Snivy wins)

Gym #3: Sophi VS Burgh
First Match
Pawniard VS Venipede (Pawniard wins)
Pawniard VS Dwebble (Dwebble evolves)
Pawniard VS Crustle (Crustle wins)
Snivy VS Crustle (Crustle wins)
Gothorita VS Crustle (Gothorita wins)
Gothorita VS Leavanny (Gothorita wins)

Rematch
Servine VS Leavanny (Servine wins)

Gym #4: Sophi VS Elesa
Sandile VS Emolga (Emolga uses Volt Switch)
Sandile VS Zebstrika (Sandile wins)
Sandile VS Emolga (Emolga wins)
Pawniard VS Emolga (Emolga wins)
Gothorita VS Emolga (Gothorita wins)
Gothorita VS Eelektrik (Gothorita wins)

Gym #5: Sophi VS Clay
Servine VS Krokorok (Servine wins)
Servine VS Palpitoad (Palpitoad wins)
Drilbur VS Palpitoad (Drilbur wins)
Drilbur VS Excadrill (Excadrill wins)
Sandile VS Excadrill (Sandile wins)

Gym #6: Sophi VS Skyla
Drilbur VS Swoobat (Drilbur is recalled)
Krokorok VS Swoobat (Krokorok wins and is recalled)
Gothorita VS Swanna (Gothorita wins)
Gothorita VS Unfezant (Unfezant wins)
Krokorok VS Unfezant (Unfezant wins)
Drilbur VS Unfezant (Drilbur wins)
Pawniard VS Swanna (Pawniard wins)

Gym #7: Sophi VS Brycen
First Match
Pawniard VS Cubchoo (Pawniard wins)
Pawniard VS Vanillish (Vanillish wins)
Excadrill VS Vanillish (Excadrill wins and is recalled)
Krokorok VS Cryogonal (Krokorok wins)
Krokorok VS Beartic (Beartic wins)
Excadrill VS Beartic (Beartic wins)
Pawniard VS Beartic (Sophi forfeits)

Rematch
Krokorok VS Cryogonal (Cryogonal wins)
Mienfoo VS Cryogonal (Mienfoo wins)
Mienfoo VS Vanillish (Mienfoo wins)
Mienfoo VS Beartic (Beartic wins)
Bisharp VS Beartic (Bisharp wins)

Gym #8: Sophi VS Drayden
Mienfoo VS Druddigon (Druddigon wins)
Gothitelle VS Druddigon (Gothitelle wins)
Gothitelle VS Fraxure (Gothitelle is recalled)
Bisharp VS Fraxure (Bisharp wins)
Bisharp VS Haxorus (Haxorus wins)
Gothitelle VS Haxorus (Haxorus wins)
Servine VS Haxorus (Servine wins)
Servine VS Hydreigon (Servine evolves)
Serperior VS Hydreigon (Serperior wins)

Going to probably write some more later.

TylerPhoenix

I'm glad to be back!
So this is pretty much what I plan to happen to Sophi in UC.

Snivy (Start)--> Servine (Castelia City)--> Serperior (Around Opelucid, I guess)
Tackle, Vine Whip, Growth, Leaf Tornado, Leaf Blade, Coil, Giga Drain, Leaf Storm, Aerial Ace, Hyper Beam & Dragon Tail

Gothita (Route 1)--> Gothorita (Pinwheel Forest)--> Gothitelle (Around Icirrus, I guess)
Pound, Confusion, Tickle Fake Tears, Reflect, Light Screen, Psybeam, Flatter, Charge Beam, Faint Attack, Psyshock, Thunderbolt, Psychic & Energy Ball

Pawniard (Dreamyard)--> Bisharp (Late in Unova, training with Grimsley)
Scratch, Metal Defense, Fury Cutter, Metal Claw, Faint Attack, Brick Break, Shadow Claw, Iron Head, Night Slash, X-Scissor, Shadow Claw, Poison Jab & Guillotine

Sandile (Route 4)--> Krokorok (Between Driftveil & Mistralton)--> Krookodile (Between Icirrus & Opelucid)
Bite, Sand Attack, Sand Tomb, Dig, Assurance, Crunch, Incinerate, Shadow Claw, Stone Edge, Dragon Claw, Foul Play, Earthquake & Outrage

Drilbur (Driftveil Drawbridge)--> Excadrill (Between Mistralton & Icirrus)
Scratch, Rapid Spin, Metal Claw, Mud Slap, Hone Claws, Slash, Rock Slide, Horn Drill, Drill Run

Mienfoo (Icirrus)
Pound, Meditate, Detect, Force Palm, Jump Kick, Hi Jump Kick, Aura Sphere, Aerial Ace & Poison Jab

Gym #1: Sophi VS Chili
Gothita VS Pansear (Gothita wins)
Gothita VS Tepig (Tepig wins)
Snivy VS Tepig (Snivy wins)

Gym #2: Sophi VS Lenora
Pawniard VS Lillipup (Pawniard is recalled)
Gothita VS Lillipup (Gothita wins)
Gothita VS Minccino (Draw)
Pawniard VS Watchog (Watchog wins)
Snivy VS Watchog (Snivy wins)

Gym #3: Sophi VS Burgh
First Match
Pawniard VS Venipede (Pawniard wins)
Pawniard VS Dwebble (Dwebble evolves)
Pawniard VS Crustle (Crustle wins)
Snivy VS Crustle (Crustle wins)
Gothorita VS Crustle (Gothorita wins)
Gothorita VS Leavanny (Gothorita wins)

Rematch
Servine VS Leavanny (Servine wins)

Gym #4: Sophi VS Elesa
Sandile VS Emolga (Emolga uses Volt Switch)
Sandile VS Zebstrika (Sandile wins)
Sandile VS Emolga (Emolga wins)
Pawniard VS Emolga (Emolga wins)
Gothorita VS Emolga (Gothorita wins)
Gothorita VS Eelektrik (Gothorita wins)

Gym #5: Sophi VS Clay
Servine VS Krokorok (Servine wins)
Servine VS Palpitoad (Palpitoad wins)
Drilbur VS Palpitoad (Drilbur wins)
Drilbur VS Excadrill (Excadrill wins)
Sandile VS Excadrill (Sandile wins)

Gym #6: Sophi VS Skyla
Drilbur VS Swoobat (Drilbur is recalled)
Krokorok VS Swoobat (Krokorok wins and is recalled)
Gothorita VS Swanna (Gothorita wins)
Gothorita VS Unfezant (Unfezant wins)
Krokorok VS Unfezant (Unfezant wins)
Drilbur VS Unfezant (Drilbur wins)
Pawniard VS Swanna (Pawniard wins)

Gym #7: Sophi VS Brycen
First Match
Pawniard VS Cubchoo (Pawniard wins)
Pawniard VS Vanillish (Vanillish wins)
Excadrill VS Vanillish (Excadrill wins and is recalled)
Krokorok VS Cryogonal (Krokorok wins)
Krokorok VS Beartic (Beartic wins)
Excadrill VS Beartic (Beartic wins)
Pawniard VS Beartic (Sophi forfeits)

Rematch
Krokorok VS Cryogonal (Cryogonal wins)
Mienfoo VS Cryogonal (Mienfoo wins)
Mienfoo VS Vanillish (Mienfoo wins)
Mienfoo VS Beartic (Beartic wins)
Bisharp VS Beartic (Bisharp wins)

Gym #8: Sophi VS Drayden
Mienfoo VS Druddigon (Druddigon wins)
Gothitelle VS Druddigon (Gothitelle wins)
Gothitelle VS Fraxure (Gothitelle is recalled)
Bisharp VS Fraxure (Bisharp wins)
Bisharp VS Haxorus (Haxorus wins)
Gothitelle VS Haxorus (Haxorus wins)
Servine VS Haxorus (Servine wins)
Servine VS Hydreigon (Servine evolves)
Serperior VS Hydreigon (Serperior wins)

Going to probably write some more later.

Uh, how do you plan on getting Pawniard in the Dreamyard? also, is it fair to have one so early when a fellow RP'er will be using one at that time in the game as his chosen starter?

aggiegwyn

@Torpoleon What Krazy said, plus, Pawniard and Sandile aren't even in those areas. Sandile would be between Castelia and Nimbasa, and Pawniard would be found in the swamps by Iccirus, not the Dreamyard. And it's not like every pokemon is abandon by their trainers...

I'm not going to plan out the gym battles, since I'd rather just make it up as I go, but I do have some ideas for the team.

Dratini "Sky" (Starter): Evolves into Dragonair after facing Elesa, evolves into Dragonite on Victory Road

Pansear "Effie" (Dreamyard Adoption Lady): Evolves whenever Erika obtains a fire stone.
Effie will be very outgoing and brave. She won't exactly be a tomboy, but she won't mind getting into a tussle. She's be a little bit more mother-like and serene when she evolves.

Deerling "Dharini" (Route 7): Evolves after Brycen
Dharini, (which means "Earth" in Hindu, by the way), will be a tough as nails boy. He's the kid that would take any dare to the extremes, and then would actually do it. His middle name is tough and danger and he loves it. He will grow to be slightly more safe as he evolves.

Tynamo "Tonari" (Caught in Chargeston Cave): Evolves after battle with Brycen.
Tonari is just a little kid in the beginning, and will grow as he levels up. In the beginning, he'll have a twisted sense of logic, thinking that Team Plasma needs him for complete domination, and that he's a hero for having stayed away from them for so long. He's very self-centered.

Beyond that I don't have much of a plan, I guess. Heh-heh...

Torpoleon

Uh, how do you plan on getting Pawniard in the Dreamyard? also, is it fair to have one so early when a fellow RP'er will be using one at that time in the game as his chosen starter?
I was going to have Pawniard be a Pokémon that ran away and wound up at the Dreamyard.

I don't think me using the same Pokémon as other people would be a problem. It's just like when people have the same starters.

EDIT:

@Torpoleon What Krazy said, plus, Pawniard and Sandile aren't even in those areas. Sandile would be between Castelia and Nimbasa, and Pawniard would be found in the swamps by Iccirus, not the Dreamyard. And it's not like every pokemon is abandon by their trainers...

I'm not going to plan out the gym battles, since I'd rather just make it up as I go, but I do have some ideas for the team.

Dratini "Sky" (Starter): Evolves into Dragonair after facing Elesa, evolves into Dragonite on Victory Road

Pansear "Effie" (Dreamyard Adoption Lady): Evolves whenever Erika obtains a fire stone.
Effie will be very outgoing and brave. She won't exactly be a tomboy, but she won't mind getting into a tussle. She's be a little bit more mother-like and serene when she evolves.

Deerling "Dharini" (Route 7): Evolves after Brycen
Dharini, (which means "Earth" in Hindu, by the way), will be a tough as nails boy. He's the kid that would take any dare to the extremes, and then would actually do it. His middle name is tough and danger and he loves it. He will grow to be slightly more safe as he evolves.

Tynamo "Tonari" (Caught in Chargeston Cave): Evolves after battle with Brycen.
Tonari is just a little kid in the beginning, and will grow as he levels up. In the beginning, he'll have a twisted sense of logic, thinking that Team Plasma needs him for complete domination, and that he's a hero for having stayed away from them for so long. He's very self-centered.

Beyond that I don't have much of a plan, I guess. Heh-heh...
Actually, Sandile is found in Route 4. Pretty sure I put that Sophi would catch it on Route 4.

aggiegwyn

Yah but wouldn't it be a little too coincidental that she would get two pokemon that ran away? Plus the sandile, which doesn't belong in the area you chose either.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Yah but wouldn't it be a little too coincidental that she would get two pokemon that ran away? Plus the sandile, which doesn't belong in the area you chose either.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unova_Route_4#Pok.C3.A9mon
We will be having events where non-Unova Pokemon will be seen, these are few and far in between. So Torpoleon can choose to met the Pawniard in the DreamYard and forsake the chance to get a non-Unova Pokemon later.

Also, we can all most our planned teams if you want to. If any of you, don't have all 6 planned, then you can save that spot for an event of a non-Unova Pokemon or a rare Unova pokemon. Now the first event will be the three elemental monkeys, Pansage, Pansear and Panpour. However, there will be two of each of the three monkeys so six in all. The second event will be an escaped trio of Unova starters, Snivy, Tepig and Oshawatt.

Petilil-> Lilligant
Darumaka -> Darmanitan
Panpour -> Simisoak
Pikachu
Sigilyph
Dwebble -> Crustle

Last edited:

aggiegwyn

Sorry, my mistake with the Sandile

And if it's so common to find pokemon on the loose then who's to say we can't all find our favorite pokemon on the next trail? It's okay finding one, but finding two in such a short amount of time? Is there a story behind this? Is team plasma releasing all of their pokemon? It doesn't make sense, and unless you propose to allow us to all do that, then I don't think it should happen at all.

TylerPhoenix

I'm glad to be back!
I second what Aggie says. In fact, it's even more unfair being that we have 1 player already with Pawniard. Even if he drops out, still. I'm not happy with the way this is going at the moment.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Right, right. Look, I'll talk to Torpoleon. However, I am providing the opportunity to get pokemon not indigenous to Unova as well as a chance to get one of the starters. I'll try and figure something out.

TylerPhoenix

I'm glad to be back!
I don't see any problem with events, it's just unfair to build for her to get good, powerful Pokemon early on which are rare to find. It'd be nice if we all has this sort of option early in.

CuriousHeartless

Planning teams? Sure, a little. Will help me think.

"Selina" Purrloin -> Liepard
Evolves in Pinwheel forest, potentially. Will stop stealing from other members of the group after she evolves.

"???" Pansear -> Simipour
A miva (man diva) who hogs attention. May attack whoever is currently the center of attention or just try to one up them. Is always trying to make his moves and tactics look good, which makes him a perfect contest Pokemon. Evolves as soon as a firestone is available. Won't mellow out after evolving, unlike most pokemon.

"Barbara" Woobat -> Swoobat
Caught in Wellspring Cave. Evolves against Elesa, then loses. Motherly figure of his team. She takes care off the others, including dopeslapping Hanuman with her wings when his ego becomes too big. She is quick and hits a lot, but is weak both on offense and defense. Gets a bit stronger after evolving, but is still weak.

"Curry" Frillish -> Jellicent
Caught whenever, not sure yet. A Casanova wannabe. He tries to harm every female, and particularly effeminate male, Pokemon he comes across. In battle, he's the opposite of Barbara, hitting slowly but hard. After evolving, the extra mass slows him down. Will evolve against Brycen.

When the Unova trio breaks out, he'll just let others get them.

-Some Physical attacker as he would have a mixed, two special, and whatever Selina does-

-Open for an event-

DVB

Philosopher Knight
I don't see any problem with events, it's just unfair to build for her to get good, powerful Pokemon early on which are rare to find. It'd be nice if we all has this sort of option early in.

And who says you won't? It wouldn't be fun if I ruined ALL the surprise events, now would I?