• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon USUM SPOILER Thread (Enter at your own risk!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Bank won’t be available for USUM until December. So you would have to trade, not bank.

Based on the Encounter Table (not sure if I’m reading it right though), it appears Rockruff is now available on Route 1 after getting Taurus PokéRide.

If thats true.....thats bassically the same point of the game as before, unless you get Taurus earlier as well.

And wow, route 1 Hawlucha? Route 1 bst500 Pokemon, wow...

future.newyorker

If thats true.....thats bassically the same point of the game as before, unless you get Taurus earlier as well.

And wow, route 1 Hawlucha? Route 1 bst500 Pokemon, wow...

Based on my reading of the Encounter Table, Hawlucha is found in Kael’e Bay (or whatever it’s called).

Any word on if we can at some point explore Ultra Megapolis?

I think the only thing that’s been proven so far is that you can return there whenever you want after going the first time. Whether or not it is fully exploitable has yet to be seen.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Does anyone have a more concentrated list of the moves the new pokemon/ultra beasts can learn (including TMs)?

EDIT: Also, what does the lack of National Dex mean?

future.newyorker

Does anyone have a more concentrated list of the moves the new pokemon/ultra beasts can learn (including TMs)?

EDIT: Also, what does the lack of National Dex mean?

It just means there won’t be Dex entries for non Alolan Dex pokemon.

Lusamine’s Lopunny is going to be a beast; it’s moveset is Dizzy Punch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, and Thunder Punch.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
It's cool that we got a bunch of new Pokemon but maybe don't hide most of them behind Mystery Gift/version exclusives???

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
*sigh*
Enjoy waiting a full year until my new favorite design of Pokemon is available to use. Ugh... just once I'd love for the Magearna/Diancie-like Pokemon to be the last event of a generation and not something bad *** like Volcanion or this thing.
It looks so cool!

No new Alola forms just sucks! Same with no pre-E4 Lucario spot

Adhesive's evolution looks dope though.

I haven't looked at any spoilers that aren't Pokemon themselves related.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
But I can transfer pokemon that aren't in the Alola dex right?
Yes.

Silvally can learn Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, and Hydro Cannon? That's... bizarre.

Hasty

Moonside

So, it's about 30% more text. I scrolled though those files a bit to check their difference and the little bit I found is:
- Lana's trial has the same text
- Mallow's trial has the same text
- Kiawe's trial has different text
- Acerola's text in your first visit to Aether House is the same

A bit of a let down from what I could see so far regarding the stuff that already existed in SM. Seems like the new stuff is mostly "added" stuff about the URS, Aether, Skull, Ultra Space, Necrozma, Rainbow Rocket, etc.

Last edited:

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
So do totem sticker giant pokemon get boosted stats? I would love to go around wrecking everybody with my giant Mimikyu and Mega Donald Trump

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
No Alola pokemon is a huge disappointment. As well as there being no new pokemon outside of UBs and Legendaries, since I don't use either of them.

And the Kantonian Gym Leaders thing is disappointing. So we don't get old gym leaders like Brock and Misty, Surge and Erika, etc.? But we get some randomers acting as gym leaders? That's pretty pointless in calling it Kantonian Gym Leaders then, gets hopes up then. I was hoping for updated teams for them.

The only thing saving the game and making me buy it is the Rainbow Rocket storyline.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Does Hau still choose the starter which is weak against yours?
Also as he the Champion or rather a final test like Kukui? What does he say?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So do totem sticker giant pokemon get boosted stats? I would love to go around wrecking everybody with my giant Mimikyu and Mega Donald Trump

No.

Does Hau still choose the starter which is weak against yours?
Also as he the Champion or rather a final test like Kukui? What does he say?

Presumably.

He is the final test. He does not have an official Champion title.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
No.

Presumably.

He is the final test. He does not have an official Champion title.

Thanks for the info:)
2 more questions:
1. What is Ryuki's backstory? i know we fight him 3 times.
2. Do we meet Kahili pre-Elite 4?

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
My thoughts on how the changes/new stuff will affect the competitive metagame:

Meteor Mash on Lucario might be able to push it into UU, and will make Mega Lucario more powerful than it already was

Kommo-O I see moving into BL/OU. While the abundance of fairies is scary, if it can switch it, and unleash its Z-move, it can set itself up very nicely to sweep. Drain Punch and Close Combat make it A LOT more viable, combined with the elemental punches. Even if choosing not to run the Z-move, it still has good bulk and access to Dragon Dance, so Kommo-O will likely move up a few tiers.

Ribombee I see moving up into RU at the least. With its insane speed, and access to Sticky Web now, it should certainly see more usage if only to lay the hazard.

Accelgor I can see moving into RU or BL3. With access now to Toxic Spikes, combined with its insane speed, it would do a good job of setting up hazards.

Lurantis I see moving up into NU or even RU. With access to both Superpower and Leaf Storm, combined with Contrary, it can spam both moves while subsequently increasing its own power, making very little that can actually switch into it.

Incineroar I see moving into RU. With access to Drain Punch and Knock Off, combined with its good bulk, good attack, and inability to be burned (and eventually his HA), Incineroar will be a force to be reckoned with.

Kartana, while not moving tiers, should move up even high in the OU tier, given it now has access to Knock Off, a very nice go to move for any pokemon.

Bewear might end up creeping into UU, as it now has a very good move in the form of Drain Punch to recovery and keep its incredible bulk alive. Combined with Swords Dance, and Bewear can OHKO pokemon to recover.

Buzzwole I can see jumping back into OU, as it now has access to Superpower and Drain Punch, which can help it keep its bulk up, while dealing damage and not slowing it down.

Linoone getting ExtremeSpeed as an eggmove gives it options for a lot more sets, and likely will make it rise in viability.

Status
Not open for further replies.