• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon USUM SPOILER Thread (Enter at your own risk!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Beast Lover

No explicit reason is given, unlike Ghetsis' Poké Ball jamming cane. The option to use a ball is just blocked off entirely.

I guess it kinda makes sense I mean the PC would be worried about catching Nebby and it'd be hard to tell what would happen if you caught a fused pokemon but still.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Not sure if this was answered but, can you trade Pokemon from Sun/Moon? my real question is, is there a way to transfer all my collection of items, mega stones and Z crystals over to Ultra Sun? I know Pokebank can trade up items. Even if it's the old fashioned way of trading each Pokemon holding an item one by one?
Items can't be transferred in Pokebank. I don't think you can trade Z crystals, nor Mega Stones prior to obtaining the Mega Ring.

I wanted to point out that one of Archen's Pokedex entries questions its relationship to all modern bird Pokemon.

It's interesting because here is an excerpt I got from an article:

live science said:
Paleontologists view Archaeopteryx as a transitional fossil between dinosaurs and modern birds. With its blend of avian and reptilian features, it was long viewed as the earliest known bird. Discovered in 1860 in Germany, it's sometimes referred to as Urvogel, the German word for "original bird" or "first bird." Recent discoveries, however, have displaced Archaeopteryx from its lofty title.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Not sure if this was answered but, can you trade Pokemon from Sun/Moon? my real question is, is there a way to transfer all my collection of items, mega stones and Z crystals over to Ultra Sun? I know Pokebank can trade up items. Even if it's the old fashioned way of trading each Pokemon holding an item one by one?
You can trade Pokemon from SM to USUM.

As Auraninja said, Pokebank doesn't allow the transfer of items. You can get around this by sending items attached to Pokemon one by one the old-fashioned way via trading or risk it over GTS. You cannot trade Z-Crystals because they are not run-of-the-mill items.

knightwolf09

Ctrl + F for Popplio et al. here: https://pastebin.com/raw/yy8wTD0G

I'll post it here for easy reference:

Popplio
Tutor Covet
Tutor Uproar
Tutor Icy Wind
Tutor Aqua Tail
Tutor Hyper Voice
Tutor Iron Tail
Tutor Snore
Tutor Water Pulse
Tutor Helping Hand
Tutor Wonder Room

Brionne
Tutor Covet
Tutor Uproar
Tutor Icy Wind
Tutor Aqua Tail
Tutor Hyper Voice
Tutor Iron Tail
Tutor Snore
Tutor Water Pulse
Tutor Helping Hand
Tutor Wonder Room

Primarina
Tutor Covet
Tutor Uproar
Tutor Magic Coat
Tutor Icy Wind
Tutor Aqua Tail
Tutor Hyper Voice
Tutor Iron Tail
Tutor Snore
Tutor Water Pulse
Tutor Helping Hand
Tutor Wonder Room
Tutor Liquidation

Wow, the line does not get that good of stuff. It's either stuff it does need, stuff it already has, or stuff that's not as good as ones it already knows. I guess Primarina is already set.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Items can't be transferred in Pokebank. I don't think you can trade Z crystals, nor Mega Stones prior to obtaining the Mega Ring.

I wanted to point out that one of Archen's Pokedex entries questions its relationship to all modern bird Pokemon.

Off topic, but the current holder of earliest bird title is Anchiornis group, specifically Aurornis. Archeops is about 10 million years later.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer

One of the pokedex entries for Tyrantrum also addresses recent events/research, namely the indications that Tyrannosaurus may have been partially or completely covered in feathers (various Tyrannosaur fossils have been found with scales preserved on parts of their bodies, while others have been found to have had a lot of feathery covering).

Tyrantrum: Complete restoration is impossible, allowing room for theories that its entire body was once covered in a feather-like coat.

Bus

Any more details on shiny Pokemon being found in ultra wormholes?

Someone here had mentioned a few pages back a video mentioning a link between them and Shinies. The longer you go in that Ultra Wormhole mini game thing, the more likely a chance a wormhole containing a shiny pokemon will appear. The Wormhole itself glows unlike the others you pass/come across, so it becomes a matter of steering yourself into it when it appears before you pass it by.

Unova Yorker

City Girl
You can trade Pokemon from SM to USUM.

As Auraninja said, Pokebank doesn't allow the transfer of items. You can get around this by sending items attached to Pokemon one by one the old-fashioned way via trading or risk it over GTS. You cannot trade Z-Crystals because they are not run-of-the-mill items.

That's what I figured, but damn. I have to wait for another event for my Marshadow Crystal? My Mew and Pikachu one? Lame.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
They're at the Mantine beaches

Are all tutor desks at every beaches or do each beach have an exclusive tutor desk, with Poni's coast probably having the most interesting moves for tutoring ?

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Are all tutor desks at every beaches or do each beach have an exclusive tutor desk, with Poni's coast probably having the most interesting moves for tutoring ?

here's the list

the items can be bought from all three beaches by talking to the tan vendor in the yellow bikini. the tutor moves are taught by the pale vendor in the black bikini. Poni Beach has no vendors

Berry Juice - 1 BP
Full Heal - 1 BP
Max Potion - 2 BP
HP Up - 2 BP
Protein - 2 BP
Iron - 2 BP
Calcium - 2 BP
Zinc - 2 BP
Carbos - 2 BP
Ether - 4 BP
Max Revive - 24 BP
Rare Candy - 48 BP
PP Up - 48 BP
Snore - 4 BP
Heal Bell - 8 BP
Electroweb - 8 BP
Defog - 8 BP
Low Kick - 8 BP
Uproar - 8 BP
Bind - 4 BP
Helping Hand - 8 BP
Shock Wave - 4 BP
Block - 8 BP
Last Resort - 12 BP
Worry Seed - 8 BP
Covet - 4 BP
Bug Bite - 4 BP
Snatch - 8 BP
Recycle - 8 BP
Iron Tail - 8 BP
Spite - 8 BP
After You - 8 BP
Giga Drain - 8 BP
Synthesis - 8 BP
Ally Switch - 8 BP
Signal Beam - 8 BP
Gravity - 8 BP
Stealth Rock - 8 BP
Iron Defense - 8 BP
Telekinesis - 8 BP
Magnet Rise - 8 BP
Bounce - 8 BP
Role Play - 8 BP
Fire Punch - 8 BP
Water Pulse - 8 BP
Iron Head - 8 BP
Aqua Tail - 12 BP
Pain Split - 8 BP
Tailwind - 8 BP
Thunder Punch - 8 BP
Endeavor - 16 BP
Focus Punch - 16 BP
Icy Wind - 12 BP
Zen Headbutt - 8 BP
Seed Bomb - 12 BP
Laser Focus - 12 BP
Trick - 8 BP
Drill Run - 8 BP
Magic Coat - 8 BP
Magic Room - 8 BP
Ice Punch - 8 BP
Wonder Room - 8 BP
there's more moves on the list that aren't taught at any of the beaches. I have no idea where they are, but I'm guessing postgame (Battle Tree, maybe?)

Super Fang
Dual Chop
Iron Head
Gunk Shot
Earth Power
Foul Play
Superpower
Dragon Pulse
Hyper Voice
Iron Tail
Knock Off
Heat Wave
Sky Attack
Drain Punch
Gastro Acid
Outrage
Skill Swap
Liquidation
Stomping Tantrum
Throat Chop
before anyone asks, the compatibility tables are here

R_N

here's the list

the items can be bought from all three beaches by talking to the tan vendor in the yellow bikini. the tutor moves are taught by the pale vendor in the black bikini. Poni Beach has no vendors

Berry Juice - 1 BP
Full Heal - 1 BP
Max Potion - 2 BP
HP Up - 2 BP
Protein - 2 BP
Iron - 2 BP
Calcium - 2 BP
Zinc - 2 BP
Carbos - 2 BP
Ether - 4 BP
Max Revive - 24 BP
Rare Candy - 48 BP
PP Up - 48 BP
Snore - 4 BP
Heal Bell - 8 BP
Electroweb - 8 BP
Defog - 8 BP
Low Kick - 8 BP
Uproar - 8 BP
Bind - 4 BP
Helping Hand - 8 BP
Shock Wave - 4 BP
Block - 8 BP
Last Resort - 12 BP
Worry Seed - 8 BP
Covet - 4 BP
Bug Bite - 4 BP
Snatch - 8 BP
Recycle - 8 BP
Iron Tail - 8 BP
Spite - 8 BP
After You - 8 BP
Giga Drain - 8 BP
Synthesis - 8 BP
Ally Switch - 8 BP
Signal Beam - 8 BP
Gravity - 8 BP
Stealth Rock - 8 BP
Iron Defense - 8 BP
Telekinesis - 8 BP
Magnet Rise - 8 BP
Bounce - 8 BP
Role Play - 8 BP
Fire Punch - 8 BP
Water Pulse - 8 BP
Iron Head - 8 BP
Aqua Tail - 12 BP
Pain Split - 8 BP
Tailwind - 8 BP
Thunder Punch - 8 BP
Endeavor - 16 BP
Focus Punch - 16 BP
Icy Wind - 12 BP
Zen Headbutt - 8 BP
Seed Bomb - 12 BP
Laser Focus - 12 BP
Trick - 8 BP
Drill Run - 8 BP
Magic Coat - 8 BP
Magic Room - 8 BP
Ice Punch - 8 BP
Wonder Room - 8 BP
there's more moves on the list that aren't taught at any of the beaches. I have no idea where they are, but I'm guessing postgame (Battle Tree, maybe?)

Super Fang
Dual Chop
Iron Head
Gunk Shot
Earth Power
Foul Play
Superpower
Dragon Pulse
Hyper Voice
Iron Tail
Knock Off
Heat Wave
Sky Attack
Drain Punch
Gastro Acid
Outrage
Skill Swap
Liquidation
Stomping Tantrum
Throat Chop
before anyone asks, the compatibility tables are here

Yeah saw it on smogon earlier, poni island's tutors are at a new stall at the battle tree

Status
Not open for further replies.