• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon USUM SPOILER Thread (Enter at your own risk!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Well that blows.
Happy they're all actually in the game. And not an event that will eventually expire this time. But to lock EVERY one behind BP? Seems a bit harsh, I really hope when gen 8 rolls around they scatter them across the world again. It made exploration more fun finding mega stones rather than having to buy them with BP, cash I wouldn't mind as cash is pretty much useless at some point... but BP?

i find that rather fair IMO. it beats having to complete in the battle tourneys/special codes. that was annoying when that's the only way in sun that you can get them. it does suck to a certain extent that they are BP locked but BP are cheap when the PKbank app will be updated.

btw, its seems like the descriptions for the mega forms makes it sound like you're actively harming them when they're in mega form. LOL, GF sure hates megas now. whats next in gen8, will the excess power of Zmoves put too much strain on them while they pull off the z move?

Last edited:
btw, its seems like the descriptions for the mega forms makes it sound like you're actively harming them when they're in mega form. LOL, GF sure hates megas now. whats next in gen8, will the excess power of Zmoves put too much strain on them while they pull off the z move?

I think that has actually kind of been the case, though, especially in the anime. The anime stresses the need for a good bond between Pokemon and trainer for Mega Evolution, and I think the bond lessens the harmful side effects because of trust and all that stuff. The anime has also shown Z-Moves exhausting the user, which is why Kukui stressed Ash growing with his Pokemon and practicing endlessly so they can use them better. Both features sort of use that notion to showcase how trainers can bring out the inner strength of Pokemon, either through Mega Evolution or Z-Moves in these cases.

Necrozyquaza

Quick question. If your starter is shiny, does it appear shiny during a small cutscene that happens before the league? (The one where your starter comes out of its Pokeball)

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
It's random. More distance you have, more rarer stuff you get.

Ringed warp holes grant you shinies.

as far as I can tell, only the first part of that is correct

ringed warp holes with extra waves guarantee legendaries, but I don't think regular rings do anything

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I think that has actually kind of been the case, though, especially in the anime. The anime stresses the need for a good bond between Pokemon and trainer for Mega Evolution, and I think the bond lessens the harmful side effects because of trust and all that stuff. The anime has also shown Z-Moves exhausting the user, which is why Kukui stressed Ash growing with his Pokemon and practicing endlessly so they can use them better. Both features sort of use that notion to showcase how trainers can bring out the inner strength of Pokemon, either through Mega Evolution or Z-Moves in these cases.

its true that the z moves usually exhaust the pkmn after the moves but the megas have taken on a more sinister/pain-inducing sideeffect on the pokemon.

a mega that goes out of control to to insufficient trust will potentially do lots of damage ie the anime. they never did say it caused a world of hurt from them when they were controlled/trusted properly. M-scizor's pincers get heavier as time passes or the excess energy can melt its actual body. gyrados just wants to burn everything to the ground, gengar sees everything a prey/food item, glalie's mouth simply breaks and a constant blizzard is released and houdoom's feet melt from his high body temp. there are more cases similar but GF is trying its best to make it sound evil.

the descriptions given in SM are night and day in comparison to USUM o_O. though it seems not all are doom and gloom.

Last edited:
its true that the z moves usually exhaust the pkmn after the moves but the megas have taken on a more sinister/pain-inducing sideeffect on the pokemon.

a mega that goes out of control to to insufficient trust will potentially do lots of damage ie the anime. they never did say it caused a world of hurt from them when they were controlled/trusted properly. M-scizor's pincers get heavier as time passes or the excess energy can melt its actual body. gyrados just wants to burn everything to the ground, gengar sees everything a prey/food item, glalie's mouth simply breaks and a constant blizzard is released and houdoom's feet melt from his high body temp. there are more cases similar but GF is trying its best to make it sound evil.

the descriptions given in SM are night and day in comparison to USUM o_O. though it seems not all are doom and gloom.

Hmm, that is quite interesting. I can see why I've seen various people around the Pokemon community speculating Gamefreak slowly getting rid of Mega Evolution, but personally I think Mega Evolutions are too well received to get that treatment. So many fans love the feature. Maybe they'll delve deeper inter Mega Evolution lore and its side effects in future games and this is just leading up to that? Probably unlikely, but that's what I'd like to believe. I must say the lack of new Mega Evolutions since ORAS has been disappointing to me (I understand the lack of them in SM, but USUM would have been a perfect opportunity to add a couple).

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Hmm, that is quite interesting. I can see why I've seen various people around the Pokemon community speculating Gamefreak slowly getting rid of Mega Evolution, but personally I think Mega Evolutions are too well received to get that treatment. So many fans love the feature. Maybe they'll delve deeper inter Mega Evolution lore and its side effects in future games and this is just leading up to that? Probably unlikely, but that's what I'd like to believe. I must say the lack of new Mega Evolutions since ORAS has been disappointing to me (I understand the lack of them in SM, but USUM would have been a perfect opportunity to add a couple).

there likely wont every be new megas, those were for gen6 only. the latest gimmick are Zmoves and alolan forms. i cant speculate what the gimmick for gen8 might be but new megas are unlikely. region/dimensional special forms might be an option.

i can see how mega evolution could make the Pokemon more in touch with the primal side and cause al sorts of problems. its sort of like an ancient Vulcan from Star-Trek, they used to be very war-like and aggressive until they were able to control their emotions. the megastones could be tapping into the pokemon's previous nature to gain that power boost.

im referring to the mega form descriptions rather than a general statement. IE the baby kangaroo gave the mom hope for its future when she saw it in SM, USUM apparently says its makes her sad/uneasy that it will need to leave eventually. its just seems like the tone from SM to USUM has changed a bit.

there's plenty of doom and gloom in the majority of the dex ie Gardevoir can create blackholes to protect its trainer, ghost types like to drag children to underworld ETC ETC.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'm curious about trading legends over to the games... meaning Entei and Raikou and other ones to help unlock things if anyone doesn't have both games. If they can be traded, do they help to unlock the other Pokemon?

Ajduk

I'm curious about trading legends over to the games... meaning Entei and Raikou and other ones to help unlock things if anyone doesn't have both games. If they can be traded, do they help to unlock the other Pokemon?

There is no reason why they shouldn't be tradeable and why they shouldn't unlock things.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
There is no reason why they shouldn't be tradeable and why they shouldn't unlock things.

Ah I figured. I just wanted to make sure on that. It would suck if Game Freak put a legendary lock on them.

R_N

there likely wont every be new megas, those were for gen6 only. the latest gimmick are Zmoves and alolan forms. i cant speculate what the gimmick for gen8 might be but new megas are unlikely. region/dimensional special forms might be an option.

i can see how mega evolution could make the Pokemon more in touch with the primal side and cause al sorts of problems. its sort of like an ancient Vulcan from Star-Trek, they used to be very war-like and aggressive until they were able to control their emotions. the megastones could be tapping into the pokemon's previous nature to gain that power boost.

im referring to the mega form descriptions rather than a general statement. IE the baby kangaroo gave the mom hope for its future when she saw it in SM, USUM apparently says its makes her sad/uneasy that it will need to leave eventually. its just seems like the tone from SM to USUM has changed a bit.

there's plenty of doom and gloom in the majority of the dex ie Gardevoir can create blackholes to protect its trainer, ghost types like to drag children to underworld ETC ETC.

Think you misread the SM entry for Kanhaskhan. It was WORRIED for the child's future.

Meanwhile USUM pinsir is just happy to be flying around

cadwe

anyone figured out if there is something to gain by "playing around" the pokemon that talk to you in game?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
So where on Route 1 is Inkay? I want to catch a low leveled one for my playthrough. Also where is Zorua?

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
i find that rather fair IMO. it beats having to complete in the battle tourneys/special codes. that was annoying when that's the only way in sun that you can get them. it does suck to a certain extent that they are BP locked but BP are cheap when the PKbank app will be updated.

Problem is, not everyone has Bank, or they may not have 1000+ BP waiting for them in Poké Bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.