• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon USUM SPOILER Thread (Enter at your own risk!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

Has anyone found Mareep? I'm curious how far into the game I have to wait to get one

maartenpitt

Is there any possibility to do a Routedex? Having per Route a list of which Pokémon you can get? I have the SuMo guide, but that one isn't up to date anymore with Ultra SuMo

PsychoIncarnate

Does the game add a semi-translucent white vignette to the top screen or is my screen somehow damaged.

Edit: It's got to be the game. No other game is doing it

That's actually annoying now that I notice it

Last edited:

Shotgunrain

So what are the trial captain battles for Mina’s trial in both Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon? I saw on Serebii that you only get to fight Nanu in Ultra Moon. Is that true? I have Ultra Sun and it’ll suck if the Nanu rebattle was version exclusive.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Honestly I think pokemon could do it, though, which has been some of the rub we've experienced for the past (long, agonizing) like 4 months
I doubt they would, as one review puts it, be as cheap as 500 yen, but they could probably with some changes (& minor exclusions since the budget would likely be different) have done this as DLC. The necrozma plotline & RR plotline as extensions of SM's post game, for example, since URS and the way aether is changed would be easy to shift around.

I'm genuinely pretty curious to if they ever change their minds about DLC moving forward, regardless of how seriously they treat amazon 1 star reviews, though in the case of "3rd versions" specifically it's up in the air when we'll next see one at all.

I mean Iwao did say they're "considering" DLC for next time, but in the same interview he also said they don't pay attention to fan responses (which explains a lot). And they said this game had "double script" from SM and was an "Ultra change" from Emerald and Platinum, so it's really hard to trust a word they say. They're probably going to look at sales more than reviews to decide on that. I think if the game sells under 5 million that would be enough for them to reconsider their approach.

And yeah, I doubt they'll sell it for $5. Probably more around $10-$20.

XxVascoxX

Loads of people are complaining about the game, and i agree with most of.I'm going to sum up Ultra sun and moon:
at one point at Game Freak they realise that the game was not going to sell well so RR was added just for us to buy the game (to hype us)
Everything hyped up is basically a 20$ dlc.The game should have been a DLC , though technically i don't know if Gamefreak/nintendo can even implement a DLC on a
3DS game.
Last point, the practice of releasing the third version with no change has to stop.People won't accept that practice in 2017 onward.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Guess I'm in the minority then because the changes in USUM from SM actually exceeded my expectations and I love the games.

Edit: btw, this first global mission is gonna be a major fail again. We don't even have one million towards the goal yet.

Last edited:
Guess I'm in the minority then because the changes in USUM from SM actually exceeded my expectations and I love the games.

Edit: btw, this first global mission is gonna be a major fail again. We don't even have one million towards the goal yet.

I have only just beat Acerola's trial, so I can't comment on how big the the differences are late game, which is where the game really splits off.
And while I do have my gripes with the game I'm pleasantly surprised by just how much they have added to the base game. I like playing slow and interacting with everyone and everything as I go, and they have really filled the game with new small stuff. They weren't kidding when they said there were like 100 "quests" in the game, even if I wouldn't have exactly called them quests. So I strongly disagree with the "20$ lategame DLC" claim going around. Only way I can understand that sentiment is if you're just rushing through the game and only talking to the people you absolutely have to.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Xuxuba

I think the main problem is that a lot of people weren't expecting a third version.
If they did, a lot of them would have waited to buy the complete versions instead of the incomplete ones.
I know i would.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I have only just beat Acerola's trial, so I can't comment on how big the the differences are late game, which is where the game really splits off.
And while I do have my gripes with the game I'm pleasantly surprised by just how much they have added to the base game. I like playing slow and interacting with everyone and everything as I go, and they have really filled the game with new small stuff. They weren't kidding when they said there were like 100 "quests" in the game, even if I wouldn't have exactly called them quests. So I strongly disagree with the "20$ lategame DLC" claim going around. Only way I can understand that sentiment is if you're just rushing through the game and only talking to the people you absolutely have to.

You're actually farther into the story than I am. I'm just going by my major exposure to the spoilers thread and news videos.

Now that I've played the game, I kinda see why people would be disappointed in USUM, the changes seem quite minimal (post game may change this)... but then again I don't know if those Amazon reviews are really something to take note of. It's easy to gang up with the "flow" of people giving 1 out of 5 - the same happens the other way around with positive reviews. Trolling is also a thing.

Overall, USUM are still pretty solid games, though I can't deny they're missing that extra "oomph" people were probably expecting. I sorta feel (and hope) USUM is just to fill a gap before heading into Switch, from where things could be handled differently (DLC etc). Luckily(?), now that USUM is out and dealt with, that's the next thing we ought to wait look forward to.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

The problem is that these people want big stuff, not a bunch of small stuff. An island's worth of new areas. A completely new story. Extra features that are full in depth sidequests. Multiple new forms/Pokemon (more than 9 of them). USUM does none of this, and so people think the games aren't doing enough.

I think the main problem is that a lot of people weren't expecting a third version.
If they did, a lot of them would have waited to buy the complete versions instead of the incomplete ones.
I know i would.

Same. Game Freak had started sending a message that they were done with third versions which made me more inclined to get the original versions and now they've come back to it. I almost feel scammed with the way they've played with my expectations.

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
I know i would.

No, I think it's that plenty of people were expecting a third version... but on the Switch. All because of those Stars rumors. There's been a sizable hatedom for USUM being on the 3DS since it was first teased in June.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Never really got the fascination with console ports for Pokemon. The point of a port is usually to catch an audience that hasn't played the originals and/or scratch the nostalgia itch of fans of the original game. USUM needs none of that, the original is on a system that currently has a larger install base than anything on the market and so there's no major audience to catch that would justify it, and SM has only been out for a year so it hasn't really been missed yet. And with Pokemon being a very compatibility based series it makes the most sense to keep the same generations on the same hardware. I get the demand for a Switch game, but the real excitement is going to come from 8th gen, not a port or remake.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

I feel the quests would be more appreciated if there was more to gain out of them. From what I understand, unlike games like Xenoblade, Final Fantasy, or even Monster Hunter Stories, most don't give any sort of reward to the player upon completing them and are usually just there for fluff, and while that is nice to see as it expands on the region it doesn't give a lot of incentive to do them. If there was more depth to them I think they would have more of a reception to them, but instead they just get a 'meh' response.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
No idea what you mean. Reviews like...

and...

...seem completely legitimate.

"Do not trick and exploit children with such copycat behavior!"

I too would love for existing games to simply be updated with chunks of new content annually, at no or lesser cost to me. But that isn't what makes money.

Yep. Gotta make that money.

Status
Not open for further replies.