• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon USUM SPOILER Thread (Enter at your own risk!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

The code isn’t active until November 17, and it doesn’t say on the card if it comes with it or not.
cheat in a pikachu with the event flag, go to the valley, see what happens

or

check the code for dialog relating to it/an event string for recieving the crystal

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Are you sure?

There's data indicating that after you complete Mina's trial, you go to Exeggutor Island to challenge Hapu.

I think I've seen someone who was playing saying she isn't faced by the canyon anymore too (even though I think there's data for that, but it might be leftover from SM).

That might be the proper order, somebody else put it before Mina so I went with that.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
So, are there any better places for level up postgame, like the XY restaurants or the Mauville Food Court?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Kantonian Gym, and Chansey appears in Poni.

There should be a few more trainers you can battle over, but I don't know about their specifics.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I know this is the Spoilers thread, but I'm not sure if I can post story spoilers here, so I'll just put this:
[Spoil] I love how they still made Ghetsis the most evil and insane out of all the leaders. He mentions that he actually planned to backstab and use Giovanni as a king, like he did to N. After he loses, he's the only one who can't accept it and goes crazy, and even slams Lillie to the ground and threatens the player to release his Pokemon, or that he would harm her. Colress is the one that saves you from Ghetsis as he enters in the end and forcefully sends Ghetsis back to his world.[/Spoil]

XxVascoxX

Stakataka was always going to be garbage.Come on it is rock/steel , one on the worst typing ever.
its basically a Bastiodon with more attack and crappy movepool.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Stakataka was always going to be garbage.Come on it is rock/steel , one on the worst typing ever.
its basically a Bastiodon with more attack and crappy movepool.

Yeah, Rock/Steel is a miserable typing. Even if it has sky high defense, there are so many hard hitting Fighting Types and Moves that wreck it. And not to mention, it's got a pitiful movepool.

It's too bad, since I actually quite liked the design of Stakataka.

XxVascoxX

Totem Pokemon

This is mainly for the competitive guys out there, the Totem gift pokemon have 31 IV in at least 3 stats.
(though they probably will not be usuable in wifi battle, but at least they can be used in the adventure.

We will check if the totem are breedable(with Ditto).

That's what we found out.
In UM, 20 totem stickers= Raticate
40 Totem stickers= Araquanid
60 Totem stickers=Salazzle
70 Totem stickers=Togedemaru

Ver-mont

I don't know if it was pointed out here, but it seems Flat Rules no longer apply to the Normal course of the Battle Tree, only the Super course.

Welcome to the Battle Tree. I’m the receptionist.
How can I help you?
What would you like to hear about?
You can enjoy various kinds of battles with many different Trainers here. You can choose either Single Battles, Double Battles, or Multi Battles. You’ll be competing to see how many Trainers you can win your way through in a row. If you lose even once, your win streak will end there. You’ll have to start over from zero, so please be careful. There are two courses in the Battle Tree— Normal Course and Super Course. If you clear the Normal Course, the Super Course will become available. Each time you defeat a Trainer you’ll receive Battle Points, or BP, that you can use to scout Trainers or exchange for prizes. The longer your win streak, the more BP you’ll receive. Do your best to set an awesome record!
There are three important points you need to keep in mind to battle at the Battle Tree. First, some Pokémon are not allowed in the Super Course while all Pokémon are allowed in the Normal Course. Battles in the Super Course are held under Flat Rules. Any Pokémon higher than Lv. 50 will have their level lowered to 50. Second, you’ll need a certain number of Pokémon for your battles. You’ll need three for Single Battles, four for Double Battles, and for Multi Battles, each Trainer will need two. And the last thing, you can’t use more than one of the same Pokémon or item in your battles. However, if your partner in a Multi Battle has the same Pokémon or item as you, that’s not a problem.
We hope to see you again.
Very interesting.

Orphalesion

I can kind of get what the other new UBs/Zeraora’s names are derived of but does anyone know what Blacephalon’s might come from?

I assume the "chepalon" part comes from "cephalus" the Ancient Greek word for "head"

I can kind of get what the other new UBs/Zeraora’s names are derived of but does anyone know what Blacephalon’s might come from?
Care to open up what Zeraora’s name is derived from? I’m still sorta clueless about that one.

Actually, if anyone is up for it, a list of all the meanings behind the new Pokémon names would be appreciated (for future reference and to see if we’re all on the same page when it comes to the basis of the names).

future.newyorker

How you get surfing Pikachu

You get Surfing Pikachu by getting four high scores with Mantine Surfing. Then I’ve heard that if you beat those records again, you get Flying Pikachu (not sure about the authenticity of this one though).

The Alola Pokedex list
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG10NCjuChM

And the challenger of the league title defense battle will include Guzma and Lusamine. ;036;

Like we thought Poipole and it’s evolution are earlier in the Dex (right after Silvally), but I find it odd that Stakataka and Blacephalon are in between Nihilego and Buzzwole. I guess that means that Nihilego is still the UB that comes out of the ULtra Wormhole the first time you’re at Aether.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

Care to open up what Zeraora’s name is derived from? I’m still sorta clueless about that one.

Actually, if anyone is up for it, a list of all the meanings behind the new Pokémon names would be appreciated (for future reference and to see if we’re all on the same page when it comes to the basis of the names).

Don't know about Zeraora, but Naganadel might be from Naga (that mythical snake monster) and Nadel (Germ. for Needle)

Ver-mont

Like we thought Poipole and it’s evolution are earlier in the Dex (right after Silvally), but I find it odd that Stakataka and Blacephalon are in between Nihilego and Buzzwole. I guess that means that Nihilego is still the UB that comes out of the ULtra Wormhole the first time you’re at Aether.

Iirc it's Necrozma. I think Nihilego isn't even mentioned during the main story.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Can you get Earthquake before HOF now?

Status
Not open for further replies.