• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon USUM SPOILER Thread (Enter at your own risk!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
the Ultra Space wormholes to regular mons are accessible on your first run, so if you need some extra firepower, feel free to grab a Lv. 60 mon

Ultra Warp Ride really could've used 3D tbh. some of the rocks in the background look suspiciously like Power Gem

I'm not sure what Game Freak expects in terms of strategy for the Ultra Necrozma fight - it's 97/167/97/167/97/129 with a +1 all stats Totem boost on top of that, so it'll outspeed and one-shot basically everything that doesn't resist its STAB combo of Photon Geyser and Dragon Pulse or is weak to Power Gem, never mind actually hurting it

the Alolan Dugtrio I had was able to eat a Photon Geyser with 14 HP remaining on a low roll, so I put Toxic on it and then spammed HP Restore while the poison took out Necrozma. good luck if the party you're running doesn't include a Steel-type

Last edited:

knightwolf09

here's the list

the items can be bought from all three beaches by talking to the tan vendor in the yellow bikini. the tutor moves are taught by the pale vendor in the black bikini. Poni Beach has no vendors

Berry Juice - 1 BP
Full Heal - 1 BP
Max Potion - 2 BP
HP Up - 2 BP
Protein - 2 BP
Iron - 2 BP
Calcium - 2 BP
Zinc - 2 BP
Carbos - 2 BP
Ether - 4 BP
Max Revive - 24 BP
Rare Candy - 48 BP
PP Up - 48 BP
Snore - 4 BP
Heal Bell - 8 BP
Electroweb - 8 BP
Defog - 8 BP
Low Kick - 8 BP
Uproar - 8 BP
Bind - 4 BP
Helping Hand - 8 BP
Shock Wave - 4 BP
Block - 8 BP
Last Resort - 12 BP
Worry Seed - 8 BP
Covet - 4 BP
Bug Bite - 4 BP
Snatch - 8 BP
Recycle - 8 BP
Iron Tail - 8 BP
Spite - 8 BP
After You - 8 BP
Giga Drain - 8 BP
Synthesis - 8 BP
Ally Switch - 8 BP
Signal Beam - 8 BP
Gravity - 8 BP
Stealth Rock - 8 BP
Iron Defense - 8 BP
Telekinesis - 8 BP
Magnet Rise - 8 BP
Bounce - 8 BP
Role Play - 8 BP
Fire Punch - 8 BP
Water Pulse - 8 BP
Iron Head - 8 BP
Aqua Tail - 12 BP
Pain Split - 8 BP
Tailwind - 8 BP
Thunder Punch - 8 BP
Endeavor - 16 BP
Focus Punch - 16 BP
Icy Wind - 12 BP
Zen Headbutt - 8 BP
Seed Bomb - 12 BP
Laser Focus - 12 BP
Trick - 8 BP
Drill Run - 8 BP
Magic Coat - 8 BP
Magic Room - 8 BP
Ice Punch - 8 BP
Wonder Room - 8 BP
there's more moves on the list that aren't taught at any of the beaches. I have no idea where they are, but I'm guessing postgame (Battle Tree, maybe?)

Super Fang
Dual Chop
Iron Head
Gunk Shot
Earth Power
Foul Play
Superpower
Dragon Pulse
Hyper Voice
Iron Tail
Knock Off
Heat Wave
Sky Attack
Drain Punch
Gastro Acid
Outrage
Skill Swap
Liquidation
Stomping Tantrum
Throat Chop
before anyone asks, the compatibility tables are here

I'm surprised you can go to the good tutors right on the third island.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Plan to use a Bisharp for that one! Should be more than enough against this opponent.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
new Charizard targets are the Photo Clubs and the Beaches. it's a bit redundant having both the Photo Club and the Pokecenter in Konikoni as targets given that they're five seconds from each other, but it's something I guess

Roto Bargain halves prices at (some) shops that aren't in Pokecenters, like the TM merchant in Konikoni. it won't stack with the coupon at Thrifty Megamart, though

a number of the rocks in Xurkitree's world have hidden Thunderstones

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
I'm not sure what Game Freak expects in terms of strategy for the Ultra Necrozma fight - it's 97/167/97/167/97/129 with a +1 all stats Totem boost on top of that, so it'll outspeed and one-shot basically everything that doesn't resist its STAB combo of Photon Geyser and Dragon Pulse or is weak to Power Gem, never mind actually hurting it

the Alolan Dugtrio I had was able to eat a Photon Geyser with 14 HP remaining on a low roll, so I put Toxic on it and then spammed HP Restore while the poison took out Necrozma. good luck if the party you're running doesn't include a Steel-type

You forget its ability, which boosts super effective attacks. I guess my Ultra Necrozma's AI was borked. I led with my Zoroark (disguised as Salazzle) and it kept inexplicably using Photon Geyser.

On an unrelated note, I finally reached the Battle Tree. Can anyone confirm if the AI just casually uses Legendaries in the Normal Battle formats, seeing as there are no Pokédex restrictions?

Blitz Lucario

Since so many people are making decent progress through the games I have a question, with Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon clearly being the superior versions of Generation 7 does that make original Sun & Moon irrelevant/inferior?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
You forget its ability, which boosts super effective attacks. I guess my Ultra Necrozma's AI was borked. I led with my Zoroark (disguised as Salazzle) and it kept inexplicably using Photon Geyser.

yeah, Necrozma's AI is the boss AI, so it'll use the "best" attack in a given situation, but it isn't smart enough to figure out you're Disguised

there's your strategy I guess, backtrack to Melemele and catch a Zorua and a Zubat

Since so many people are making decent progress through the games I have a question, with Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon clearly being the superior versions of Generation 7 does that make original Sun & Moon irrelevant/inferior?

pretty much

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I like how you can call Ride Pokemon in the Ultra Desert but not the other Ultra Spaces just to make you use Mudsdale and Machamp for that one Space

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Sun/moon does have 1 advantage over USUM at this point, the rotom dex seems to be less annoying in SM. though an option to turn of the rotom dex would've been better. it does make me wonder why SM never came with move tutors in the first place. was there any previous precedent to leave out tutors until a slightly never game came out?

is there anything on the missing berries you cant get legally in SM but the battle royal/tree have access to?

i do have a question of curiosity, one thing that bugged me with Sun was the lack of used store fronts/buildings that never were programmed to be used. does USUM open up those building for a clear purpose?

Last edited:

Dialga101010

Dragon Trainer

This is how I beat Caitlin in gen 5. Easiest elite 4 battle ever. I put sawk at the back of my party and Zoroark in the front. The AI is clueless to figure this out. I’m not going to use this on Ultra Necrozma, just because it would be more fun to crush it without cheep tricks (that’s not to say cheep tricks aren’t fun on occasion).

DJStarstryker

it does make me wonder why SM never came with move tutors in the first place. was there any previous precedent to leave out tutors until a slightly never game came out?

The first games in a generation generally don't have much in the way of move tutors. That's one of the advantages of 3rd versions and 2nd sets of games in a generation.

benknightprime

Master Trainer
On UB Burst and UB Assembly, are there more than one per game? I ask as I have friends who would like the other one, and this would make trading easier.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Should be but "lol, no official confirmation".

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Think people determined the counter part is baltoy

Maybe but it could also be Yamask. Both are Ghost types that evolve once and were from the same region. There are a few cases where counterparts are developed later despite having no initial connection in the games they were originally both found in. Examples are Murrow and Misdreavus, Shellder And Staryu, and of course Houndour and Electrike.

Status
Not open for further replies.