• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Valedictorian

133tSneasel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PStnFMK4yPQ

This guy isn't just an embarrassment to Pokemon fans, but himself and his school. I mean don't have people who check those speechs. I guess Valedictorian's can say whatever they want in there speech. What do you think

effervescence

Resident Techy
I liked it. For one thing, you gotta admit it took a LOT of guts to talk about it. Also, he knew what he was talking about, and it showed, without being overly in depth to go over the audience's head. Also, I noticed he never mentioned the ever-present Pikachu, so props for that.

edit:
He's no Pokemon Valedictorian. Everyone knows Gyarados can't be easily taken out from Charizard's Fire Spin.
Good point. I'd imagine he was one of many kids who caught the card game fad in 99, (the deck he mentioned is from before Gold and Silver were even released I believe), and didn't know all the finer points of the rules, like resistance. Also, Gyarados doesn't have a silent A, but I'm guilty of that pronunciation error myself.

Last edited:

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
He's no Pokemon Valedictorian. Everyone knows Gyarados can't be easily taken out from Charizard's Fire Spin.

I don't see what the problem is... I mean, I don't really get his point, but it doesn't seem like he's bashing Pokemon or making fun of it or sort of pretending to like it... or something like that, I don't know what words to use. Maybe he was just trying to help the audience understand, since the majority of them wouldn't know the things we do.

Bobby Emerald

The Poke-expert
I laughed.
A LOT. Was he being serious, like, this wasn't from a TV show or anything right?

effervescence

Resident Techy
I laughed.
A LOT. Was he being serious, like, this wasn't from a TV show or anything right?
He wasn't being SERIOUS, obviously. But it was a pretty good metaphor, while being entertaining at the same time. I'm guessing we've either got a drama or english major here. And either way, he was way better than the valedictorian speech at my brother's graduation last night.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
You guys need to lighten up. He wasn't being serious, he wasn't a disgrace, he wasn't speaking up for all ye downtrodden Pokemon fans.

He was just a funny guy delivering a hilarious speech to his classmates, and for that, he deserves major props.

It has a deep message about how we all must aim to be the very best, like no-one ever was and also that even though we may be little Charmanders now we can grow to defeat Gyarados with a Fire Spin as a Charizard. But seriously, when I'm Valedictorian I'll give a similar speech.

It has a deep message about how we all must aim to be the very best, like no-one ever was and also that even though we may be little Charmanders now we can grow to defeat Gyarados with a Fire Spin as a Charizard. But seriously, when I'm Valedictorian I'll give a similar speech.

Wishing_Star*

Wish I was a balloon
That speech was amazing. I don't think he was a fan, and I deffinately don't think he embarrassed anyone with that speech. It was good, and he managed to tie Pokemon in with a great message. In my opinion he would make a great public speaker. He took a non-serious subject and made it mildly serious. And by doing so, he made a speech probably no one from his class will or did forget.

LOL.
This guys is hilarious.
I wouldn't call him stupid though.
Wierd, but not stupid.
He gave the funniest speech I've ever heard.

lalala_machine

Funny speeches=win.

Speeches that compare your favorite tv show's whorish protagonist to bunch of high schoolers, then call them courageous for choosing the "difficult path of completing high school"=not so much win.

The speaker at my bro's graduation sucked. Hard.
This guy's nifty, though. I inhaled part of a cookie when he said Weedle. Dunno why.

Revengent

Fiddlesticks *snaps*
I personaly loved it. These kids were the age when Pokemon was everywhere. He was a great speaker and his speech had depth and actually used the metaphor well.

akillakai

I don't see what the problem is..
The speech was pretty damn funny. To me it seemed like he was just trying to find a way that people would understand what he ment.

That was probably the best speech I've heard.
>.<

Miss_Pocket_Monster

That speech was made of win. ;373;

My high school's valedictorian gave a good speech, but this one was hilarious! I loved how he got the whole class to chant the opening theme, and I believe he did a good job making his point. I liked how he began too, because I believe that he is right; far too many people open speeches like that with generic metaphors and quotes and such. His speech was fun because it avoided that and dared to be different. ;151;

Profesco

gone gently
Uh...

I'm really happy a valedictorian used Pokemon to prove his points in his speech.

I'm somewhat disturbed that the whole thing was treated as a farce.

Ack! Do I respect this? Do I disdain it? I don't know what to feel!