• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon VGC 2014 Locations

Shreyas

Hey guys, if you guys were keeping up with the news on Nugget Bridge, you'd know that some of the locations have been revealed! The season starts off in October again!

So far, we know the following locations and dates:

Fall Regionals
[spoil]
October 13th, 2013

Pleasanton, California
Alameda County Fairgrounds (Building C)
4501 Pleasanton Avenue
94566​

October 20th, 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
Phoenix Convention Center
100 N 3rd Street Phoenix

October 27th, 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania Convention Center (Terrace Ballroom)
1101 Arch Street

Ft. Wayne, Indiana
Grand Wayne Center Anthony Wayne Ballroom
120 West Jefferson Boulevard

Houston, Texas
Hilton Houston North
12400 Greenspoint Drive
77060​
[/spoil]

Winter Regionals
[spoil]
January 11th, 2014

January 18th, 2014

January 25th, 2014

Orlando, Florida
International Palms Resort
6515 International Dr
32819​
[/spoil]

Spring Regionals
[spoil]
April 5th, 2014

Seattle, Washington
Washington State Convention Center
800 Convention Place Seattle

April 12th, 2014

April 19th, 2014

[/spoil]

So, are you guys planning on going out to any regionals? Let us know where you're going!

Last edited:

jstinftw!

hey trainer
It's so weird how there's going to be an event right before X&Y come out, especially since those are most likely going to be what this season's VGC is going to revolve around.

That said, this is an awesome way for players who want one last bang in the the VGC 2013 format. Also, if anyone plans on trying to participate in the VGC Circuit, I definitely suggest you go. Championship Points are important to do well at events, so it's imperative that you go if you want to play at Nationals.

Still really, really, jealous of people who do go, like. Living in Asia ironically sucks for me, as a Pokemon fan. In my opinion, everyone who has a chance to go should go. This is the best kind of Pokemon convention there is! It's hosted by the official Pokemon company, people are battling each other for prizes, you can meet new people who are interested in the same thing you are, and you can buy legitimate stuff. What more can you ask for?

joej m

Club Double Trouble
It's so weird how there's going to be an event right before X&Y come out, especially since those are most likely going to be what this season's VGC is going to revolve around.

That said, this is an awesome way for players who want one last bang in the the VGC 2013 format. Also, if anyone plans on trying to participate in the VGC Circuit, I definitely suggest you go. Championship Points are important to do well at events, so it's imperative that you go if you want to play at Nationals.

Still really, really, jealous of people who do go, like. Living in Asia ironically sucks for me, as a Pokemon fan. In my opinion, everyone who has a chance to go should go. This is the best kind of Pokemon convention there is! It's hosted by the official Pokemon company, people are battling each other for prizes, you can meet new people who are interested in the same thing you are, and you can buy legitimate stuff. What more can you ask for?

ehhh not really... they did this last season too (BW instead of B2W2) the first regional even though the metagame only changed by move tutor moves and therian forms.
I believe that most of them are after the release as well...

But yeah... I would assume they would have at least a nationals in EVERY part of asia that isn't 3rd world because well... pokemon is... asian xD
I am hoping on attending Philly. already started brainstorming possible teams :)

KuzKan

I'd love to participate on the VGC tournaments but unfortunately there is none in Portugal.
It's a shame because if there were at least some small ones it would make me think about going to big ones if i'd place well on those.

Either way, i wish the best of luck to the people that are going to attend to VGC this year ^^

jstinftw!

hey trainer
ehhh not really... they did this last season too (BW instead of B2W2) the first regional even though the metagame only changed by move tutor moves and therian forms.
I believe that most of them are after the release as well...

But yeah... I would assume they would have at least a nationals in EVERY part of asia that isn't 3rd world because well... pokemon is... asian xD
I am hoping on attending Philly. already started brainstorming possible teams :)
I'd love to participate on the VGC tournaments but unfortunately there is none in Portugal.
It's a shame because if there were at least some small ones it would make me think about going to big ones if i'd place well on those.

Either way, i wish the best of luck to the people that are going to attend to VGC this year ^^

Yeah, the US definitely gets the best treatment in terms of these VGC Events. I wish Asia got better events, but even Japan only gets Nationals, and if I'm not mistaken, this years' Nationals was held via WiFi. So they didn't even get an IRL Event. The US, however, had like what, 3?, 4? regionals, PLUS Nationals.

I remember they did do the BW during the BW2 season, but as you said, there was a very small difference. It was basically the same metagame, just a smaller ban list. Not like this one, where, if BW was any indication of it, we'll most likely have an XY Pokemon only season, with the first regional being BW2, a big difference from that.

KuzKan

Yeah, the US definitely gets the best treatment in terms of these VGC Events. I wish Asia got better events, but even Japan only gets Nationals, and if I'm not mistaken, this years' Nationals was held via WiFi. So they didn't even get an IRL Event. The US, however, had like what, 3?, 4? regionals, PLUS Nationals.

I remember they did do the BW during the BW2 season, but as you said, there was a very small difference. It was basically the same metagame, just a smaller ban list. Not like this one, where, if BW was any indication of it, we'll most likely have an XY Pokemon only season, with the first regional being BW2, a big difference from that.

I wouldn't mind i we had Nationals or Regionals here via Wi-Fi to be honest.
I think even that would motivate some people, including me, to go abroad and play in "real" tournaments.
I've travelled a few times to play Yu-Gi-Oh but simply because here we have nationals and regionals aswell, so having something like that, as I just said, even via wi-fi would be really cool.

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Hey guys, if you guys were keeping up with the news on Nugget Bridge, you'd know that some of the locations have been revealed! The season starts off in October again!

So far, we know the following locations and dates:

October 13th, 2013

Pleasanton, California
4501 Pleasanton Avenue
94566​

October 27th, 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania Convention Center (Terrace Ballroom)
1101 Arch Street

Ft. Wayne, Indiana
Grand Wayne Center Anthony Wayne Ballroom
120 West Jefferson Boulevard

Houston, Texas
Hilton Houston North
12400 Greenspoint Drive
77060​

So, are you guys planning on going out to any regionals? Let us know where you're going!

I plan to go to regionals, but if there isn't one in VA or at least, close to Virginia, it might be unlikely. unless they do another one in Athens.

Also just noticed x and y comes out the day before the first regionals. Gamefreak's being a troll again...

Shreyas

The correct number is 13 regionals plus 2 in Canada ;o

And, it's likely that TPCi will have a similar pattern as they did for the 2013 season. So, we'll pretty much get the same general locations in the same season, so, CrystalNinetales, there'll probably be a regionals near you.

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
The correct number is 13 regionals plus 2 in Canada ;o

And, it's likely that TPCi will have a similar pattern as they did for the 2013 season. So, we'll pretty much get the same general locations in the same season, so, CrystalNinetales, there'll probably be a regionals near you.

That's good to hear...as long as it isn't in some place far off near the mountains, as it's a 2-4 hour drive to the Shenandoah area.

Also Swirlix's ability will mess up VGC so bad.

Shreyas

I actually prefer the non-wifi VGCs we have now. It's actually a lot more fun, and your opponent will not d/c on you cause they are right across from you. Plus, you meet some new people, so it's actually pretty cool.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
October 13th, 2013

Pleasanton, California
4501 Pleasanton Avenue
94566​

No way! My college is only a 40 minute drive away from there! Not to mention my school actually offers a class about Pokemon, so I could potentially get my way there without driving myself. I'd almost definitely go, but I know I'll be too focused with X/Y. Still nice to know I have that option though.

Shreyas

No way! My college is only a 40 minute drive away from there! Not to mention my school actually offers a class about Pokemon, so I could potentially get my way there without driving myself. I'd almost definitely go, but I know I'll be too focused with X/Y. Still nice to know I have that option though.

SERIOUSLY. I'm about to start my college applications. WHAT COLLEGE IS THAT? D=
Oh yeah, and see you there ;o

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
SERIOUSLY. I'm about to start my college applications. WHAT COLLEGE IS THAT? D=
Oh yeah, and see you there ;o

The best public university in the world! UC Berkeley. I may have to put more effort into my current team before I can even consider going, though. I also don't know what classes will hold for me that particular weekend, so hopefully I won't be loaded with work then. If I do end up going, though, hope to see you there.

The Master Chief

Your school offers a class about pokemon? I hate you xD

I think there's like 3 leagues within a hour drive from my location.

Rhonder

I'm wanting to play again this year (the last VGC I went to was the Regional in Seattle 2011) so I hope there's one nearby again this year. Willing to drive anywhere in-state pretty much, but Seattle would definitely be the most convenient xD I suppose I should prepare a team though just in case o-o

That Fort Wayne address is 10mins from my house. I'd be foolish not to at least see what's up.