• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon VGC 2014 Locations

Shreyas

Ok! I've updated the OP and added in all the Regional Dates so far (some locations still unknown)! I'll be adding in the Nationals and Worlds dates soon!

And, if you guys have ANY information on where some of the regionals are, feel free to message me, so I can update the OP!

AJ2000

Hopefully they have one in Seattle, or at least Vancouver again. Would be nice to finally see some wins *sigh. But either way, I still have tons of fun just showing up.

Shreyas

For the Pleasanton regional, there have been some additional information added!

http://secondcitygym.com/fall-2013-regional

To sum it up:
1) There will be a small fee for the participants in the Master division for TCG (not sure about VG since it isn't specified)
2) Like always, they have the VG practice tourney on the TCG swiss day,
3) RACE TO FIRST BADGE IN X AND Y
4) Pre registration for the Pleasanton regional will open the coming weekend, so make sure you pre register! (+ more info will be up as well)

It would be amazing if some of you guys going to other regionals can keep me up to date on any confirmations/ pre registrations and what not. This thing is about a month away, and I am pretty excited :3

EDIT: There are a lot of regionals being revealed right now, so if any of you guys find out any more information that I do not have in the OP, please PM me or just post here~

Last edited:

old man

On Guard!!!
Wait a minute.... A college class on Pokemon?!?!?! WOW!!!! Wish I could make it to Houston for it but work/obligations are gonna keep me away. Now if there as one in Dallas....

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Hmm, nice to know that Orlando's still going to be hit. As a VGC pokemon player I'm going to try at this year's. Hopefully I can go all the way instead of just to top cut. And I'm also interested in how DeVon Ingram will bring to the field that day if he shows up there. Some of you might know him as the guy who lost in the finals at nationals, I pretty much saw him in person, and there was a decent possibility I'd might have had the chance to actually face him. I believe he was also on the top of the Winter Friendlies 2013 Juniors/Seniors bracket as well. So yeah, I'm really itching to go another round there and to make it to the very top this time.

Kojondo3

LPFan of nuggetbridg
Going to Houston, also came to drop by that on October 19th and 20th will be dates for Phoenix Arizona regionals I believe. Also, for Spring, you're missing unconfirmed Utah.

Last edited:

Shreyas

Update:

Added Seattle Washington for the April regional, and added Phoenix, Arizona for the October regional!

Shreyas

BUMP! Guys, the Pleasanton regional starts in 1 Week kicking off the start of the 2014 season! Get your teams together, and do the best you can. Good Luck and Have Fun this year!

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
BUMP! Guys, the Pleasanton regional starts in 1 Week kicking off the start of the 2014 season! Get your teams together, and do the best you can. Good Luck and Have Fun this year!

I'm still having an awful time deciding if I want to attend. I have a team, though it hasn't been tested enough, and I'd need to leave town at about 7 am. Not sure if I'll be able to wake up that early with X/Y coming out the day before, which already is causing trouble for my decision. My college's Pokemon Club is also planning to go as a group, so there's positives to both sides.

If I stay home, I don't need to wake up early and I can play Y all day. If I attend, I'll be able to meet other fans and hang out with the club. Why does this have to be so hard?

Shreyas

I'm still having an awful time deciding if I want to attend. I have a team, though it hasn't been tested enough, and I'd need to leave town at about 7 am. Not sure if I'll be able to wake up that early with X/Y coming out the day before, which already is causing trouble for my decision. My college's Pokemon Club is also planning to go as a group, so there's positives to both sides.

If I stay home, I don't need to wake up early and I can play Y all day. If I attend, I'll be able to meet other fans and hang out with the club. Why does this have to be so hard?

lol come on, you really should go! Even if you don't win anything it's still a pretty great event.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
lol come on, you really should go! Even if you don't win anything it's still a pretty great event.

Yeah, Y ended up eating all my time, so I didn't end up going. A little disappointed, since it was a perfect chance for me to go. Maybe next time I get a chance, I'll go.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Pokémon Company is requesting commentator auditions

The Pokémon Company International is looking for talented and knowledgeable Pokémon fans to lead live commentary at the 2014 Pokémon US National Championships and the Pokémon World Championships. Chosen commentators will be making an appearance on-screen at the events, which will be streamed live to thousands of Pokémon fans around the world, and will have their travel and hotel costs covered by The Pokémon Company International.

Auditions are open to US residents who are at least 18 years old and who can attend both the US National Championships, July 4-6 in Indianapolis, Indiana, and the World Championships, August 15-17 in Washington, D.C.

To be considered, entrants must submit an audition video where they commentate solo or with a partner on a Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, or Pokémon Trading Card Game (TCG) match. The recorded video must then be posted to YouTube with the title "Play! Pokémon Commentary Audition: [YOUR NAME]". Once the video is posted, entrants need to email auditions@pokemon.com with the following information:
Email subject: Commentary Audition for [YOUR NAME]

Name:

TCG or Video Game:

Audition YouTube Link:

Pokémon event experience:

Additional comments:
All submissions must be posted online with information sent no later than April 21, 2014. As this is an audition and not a contest, The Pokémon Company International does not guarantee that any one person will be chosen from submitted entries.

Shreyas

The Pokémon Company is requesting commentator auditions

Yup! This is also a free trip to the National and the World championships, which is an amazing opportunity for anyone who enjoys doing commentary!