• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Villain Discussion

CrippledShadow

Omen Of Faith
I liked Team Aqua and Team Magma. I don't know, I just thought the land vs. sea thing was cool.

MrAwesome

<Insert brain here>
I only wish I could wear the Team Rocket uniform in HG/SS

Or if there was a game revolved around being the villain, not the hero.

Team Rocket rocks. THEY CUT OFF SLOWPOKE TAILS. Did Magma or Aqua or Galactic cut off a Slowpoke's tail? Nah. All Galactic did was bomb a lake. Pretty cool, yes, but not as hard as CUTTING OFF A POKEMON'S TAIL

Zorg

Spongetastic
personally, i think if we are talking about the game, then the villains are horrible. In every game its just lets catch a legendary and take over the world. Then each organization only really catches one type of pokemon, are they really that silly? Even for a PG game, Team Aqua and everyone else like that aren't very creative.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I find that I can only take Team Rocket seriously as opposed to the other teams sadly. At least Team Rocket's goal is a little more realistic; stealing Pokemon for use in the black market and making a quick buck with places like the Game Corner.

Team Aqua and Magma are both just a group of eco-terrorists with no solid plan of attack. They just go about doing what they want (to expand land/to expand the sea) using whatever they have at their disposal. I got the feeling that Archie/Maxie just sat around coming up with all sorts of weird plans out of the blue. I kinda wonder how both Teams were able to recruit so many people. I think they're ok, but not my cup of tea.

Team Galactic is another story. It's led by another odd fellow who's just plain greedy and wants a whole new universe for himself. The whole team is just full of extremists who would blindly follow Cyrus to the edge of the Earth. I don't like how Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn just do whatever Cyrus tells them too, even if it makes almost no sense. I guess Cyrus is a manipulator. I think the Team is slightly better than Aqua/Magma.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I loved Magma and Aqua in R/S/E. They had a great storyline to follow and I thought how they were portrayed were amazing. I loved everything about them, but I do feel that they seemed a little whimpish at times, but that doesn't realy matter.

Also, I would really of liked to have seen Jessie and James in the remakes.. and also in HG/SS. Id love to see them back in black & white

Last edited:

Murton

Once you were lost.
I think the story of Team Galactic has the best evil team story of all the evil teams so far. Because come on, what's more awesome, some team that wants to make money using Pokémon (Rocket), some team that wants to expend the continents/oceans (Magma/Aqua), or a team with a boss that's obsessed with destroying emotions and that's why he creates a religious cult. You pick.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Cipher for making pokemons into shadow drones! How can no one mention them?

J is awesome too. She is more of the genuine villian compared to cipher since she did try to kill Ash, and it's not just once, though I couldn't remember whether cipher did try to murder someone or not at some point of the game.

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
Team Rocket for sure, they're classic. Jesse James Meowth.
I still don't understand why James wanted to leave all his wealth and followed TR and lived in misery. It's a funny thing since all they wanted is to get rich.

James left his wealth because he hates his parents and Jessebelle, but he LOVES Jessie. So he'd rather stay with his best friends than with his lousy family who only care about him getting married.
They have been my favourite villains from day one, they are funny and you can understand their true character because of episodes such as: Holy Matrimony! Where you find out about their past- before Team Rocket.

Rout

Jessie and james are the originals and i hope they stay on through out.
Shame there not put into any of the storylines on the RPG games.

Vernikova

Champion
I don't really have a problem with any of the villains. I really like Team Galactic over the other villains though since I find them much more enjoyable in the games, animé, and one of the manga I read. The three Commanders are probably my favorite villains in the games, at least in the DP era, mainly due to their designs.

Sir-Aero

Soul of Silver
I think that Neo Team Rocket and Team Aqua/Magma were the best villains. Due to the fact that their actions were the most effective out of any villain team (IMO)

vareki

Psycotic with RAGE
I'm gonna go with Giovani

He's got the whole Doctor Evil thing going and he makes it work, gosh darn it!

;P

-SI-

I'm baaaaaack
I liked Rocket in the cartoons, in the First Generation. Then it got a little old.
I've always hated Aqua, and Magma is my favorite.
Also, Galaxy is pretty lame.

Zon Ontro

Nom de Plume
Rocket's always been my favorite, since they seem the most like a criminal organization than any other group so far, plus Giovanni's cryptic and Mafia/Evil Crimelord personality was an instant point from me.

Magma and Aqua...meh. They weren't very memorable, honestly. Their admins were both kinda lame, and didn't get as much attention as Cyrus or Giovanni.
The ONLY thing I like about Team Galactic is Cyrus. His personality and crazy motives struck a chord with me. It's a shame everyone in his cult looks so dorky and stupid in their get-ups. Plus the whole naming after planet's thing for the admins didn't fit all that well.

I really liked Lawrence III. After having a pokemon villian in the previous movie, it was refreshing to have a human villian that was a serious threat. I mean that flying fortress was amazing, even if it did seem a little out of place in the pokemon world. But I guess if cloning can be a reality, high-tech airships can be too. And Let's not forget that Lawrence was able to capture TWO legendary pokemon! Something that wouldn't happen again 'till season 12. Had he captured Articuno too, the world probaly would been screwed. I think he deserves move than a small cameo at the end of the 5th movie. Should the anime ever return to the Orange Islands, I'd like to see Lawrence again, not necessarily as a villian 'though.

Last edited:

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
I hve also considered saying that I like Domino because she was skillful in her work, but again too arrogant- and I don't like arrogance I'm only saying that NOW because I was watching the Movie with Domino in last night and realised that she did actually pose a threat to the world.
It's interesting how most people like the same villains but, for so many different reasons and that's why I decided to make this thread, so share your comments. Also, here's a question for you to think about: Which villains do you wish to see more of/return and what sort of villains and plots do you want to see in the future? I'm still really curious...

I cannot believe nobody has mentioned Miror B. yet he is awesome.
Miror B. has to be one of the coolest. While I like most villains from most Pokemon media, the ones from Colosseum and XD were quite literally dressed like comic book super villains, which was a majorly good point. But the odd question remains, what was Cipher going to do with a whopping 48 Shadow Pokemon? (Yes, I'm being sarcastic; I know 48 is a relatively small number.)

Regarding the movies, I'd have to say that the Iron-Masked Marauder from Pokemon 4Ever was one of my favorites.

In the games, I like most evil teams equally, but Cyrus was very memorable because of his clearly warped beliefs.