• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon vs Digimon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izanagi

'Sup!
Pokemons' "character of the day" is worst than anything Digimon can come up with.

^I think we can all attest to this. In my opinion, Pokemon has some the worst fillers for a lack of better word.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
This thread, section or Forum?

He probably means this thread. The whole "if you don't like it why did you even comment!" spiel.

I like you.

Ha ha thanks! I like you too.

Pokemons' "character of the day" is worst than anything Digimon can come up with.

When I was a kid this didn't bother me that much. The reason I watched the show was nothing more than JUST to watch Pokemon do stuff. Other than the occasional Gym battle or legendary Pokemon appearance there wasn't much of a penalty if I missed an episode. I didn't feel like I missed out on much. Digimon on the other hand was something that has more of a story structure to it rather than the same formula every week, and in it's case I watched it for the story and not just "OMG POKE/DIGIMANS!"

That said I enjoyed watching Pokemon more. Most of it boils down to just that I liked the franchise more. Unless we're talking about Digimon Tamers, that requires more thought.

Izanagi

'Sup!
When I was a kid this didn't bother me that much. The reason I watched the show was nothing more than JUST to watch Pokemon do stuff. Other than the occasional Gym battle or legendary Pokemon appearance there wasn't much of a penalty if I missed an episode. I didn't feel like I missed out on much. Digimon on the other hand was something that has more of a story structure to it rather than the same formula every week, and in it's case I watched it for the story and not just "OMG POKE/DIGIMANS!"That said I enjoyed watching Pokemon more. Most of it boils down to just that I liked the franchise more. Unless we're talking about Digimon Tamers, that requires more thought.

^I agree with CC#06 you have said almost word by word what I wanted to say. Though I have a bit more to add. While both shows are marketing vessel to sell the current chain of merchandise. I have learned the Pokemon's purpose isn't to tell a story persay but to keep kids entertain by showcasing their favorite 'mon duking out with one another. While I could also argue that Digimon does about the same IMO Digimon just hides it far better especially with seasons like Digimon Tamers. Also just because something is toyetic doesn't mean it can't be good many shows have already proven that.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
^I agree with CC#06 you have said almost word by word what I wanted to say. Though I have a bit more to add. While both shows are marketing vessel to sell the current chain of merchandise. I have learned the Pokemon's purpose isn't to tell a story persay but to keep kids entertain by showcasing their favorite 'mon duking out with one another. While I could also argue that Digimon does about the same IMO Digimon just hides it far better especially with seasons like Digimon Tamers. Also just because something is toyetic doesn't mean it can't be good many shows have already proven that.
Agreed. Yes, there are some good video game adaptions (like Persona 4) but I can't name any that are in the kid-friendly area.

As for jb, work on your English (or Engurish). Also, once again, CC06 answered the question that was asked to me.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
-Talking Digimon also help. The fact that each member usually gets ONE Digimon helps strengthen that idea of bonding and growing and friendship and all that jazz. In Pokemon Ash only really bonds with a few Pokemon.
Yeah. It takes a while for trainers to understand their PKMN speeches :p
-Wait what? Is this a new thing or something? I remember Digimon Digivolving about 3 or 4 times max.
Uhm... From what I remember.... It was since Season 1.
Baby - In training - Rookie - Champion - Mega - Ultimate - Then... that last one.. I'm not sure... when MetalGarurumon and WarGreymon fused to be Omnimon...
So there's 7 Evolutions there.

-This last thing helps the show to not become stale.
Yes, I know. It becomes boring when ye stick to one person.
Take a look around. It's not so much "your theory" as it is popular opinion.
WHOOPS. I don't read much posts above me :p

Games - Pokemon.
Anime - Digimon
Card Game - YuGi-Oh!

One more thing I forgot to mention. It's pretty cool on Digimon Tamers and Frontier that they can fuse with their Digimon ^^ That would be so awesome to have in PKMN xD and creepy... if it was Arceus ye fuse with LyROFL, nya~

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Well, there is the manga, Pokémon ReBurst, where they do just that though I can't say it's anything special unlike Digimon Frontier where the children were forced into a world of unknown setting up a good premise.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
As for jb, work on your English (or Engurish).
No.
Also, once again, CC06 answered the question that was asked to me.

Well to answer that question. I commented to give my opinion. I think they're both bad as far the anime go. Pokemon, while enjoyable as a child(mostly for reasons Charizard stated) is totally terrible to me now with its PoS character of the day bs. While Digimon ranges in badness from Shitty to meh. It's okay though. Neither show is aimed at me and nothing I feel will make a bit of difference and shouldn't affect the enjoyability of either show for you or anyone else. :)

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Exactly, they're both just childhood nostalgia…

Still waiting patiently for Lyra's reaction to ReBurst…

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Also, once again, CC06 answered the question that was asked to me.

I'm not trying to answer for him or anything, I'm just giving my own thoughts to the discussion.

Baby - In training - Rookie - Champion - Mega - Ultimate - Then... that last one.. I'm not sure... when MetalGarurumon and WarGreymon fused to be Omnimon...
So there's 7 Evolutions there.

I thought it was just: Baby - Rookie - Champion - Ultimate and then only are few made it to Mega.

It's pretty cool on Digimon Tamers and Frontier that they can fuse with their Digimon ^^ That would be so awesome to have in PKMN xD and creepy... if it was Arceus ye fuse with LyROFL, nya~

In Tamers I'm pretty sure that was a one time thing and I was cool with that. When Frontier used that as it's premise I dropped the series.

Janovy

Banned

Zazie

So 1991
Cuckers Her**** Ersher****er*

translation: Monster Rancher Mother****ers.

In all seriousness (since I don't remember monster rancher all that well). I like the two series for different reasons. I like Pokemon for for being terribly cheesy and completely ridiculous. But mostly for Team Rocket. I like Digimon because of some cheesy jokes too but it also somewhat enjoyable plot and the talking monsters are more interesting than ones that only say their names.

*this is literally what came out when I typed, I was putting in letters faster than the forum software could recognize.

Izanagi

'Sup!

It is a bit too dark for my taste but mostly I don't like the fact that all these things are happening to children. However, I recommend it though. Anyways in response to ParaChomp, there are plenty of toyetic series that are pretty good such as Gundam and of course Digimon Tamers. I can name more.

I thought it was just: Baby - Rookie - Champion - Ultimate and then only are few made it to Mega.

Actaully it goes Fresh/Baby, In-Training, Rookie, Champion, Ultimate, Mega, and then only a few actually make it to Super Ultimate. Digimon nerd I know.

Last edited:

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I like you.

Ha ha thanks! I like you too.

Jb and Charizard Champion#06

Sitting in a tree

K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

First comes love,
then comes marriage,
then comes baby
in a baby carriage!

That's not it!
That's not all!
The baby's drinking
alcohol!

When I was a kid this didn't bother me that much. The reason I watched the show was nothing more than JUST to watch Pokemon do stuff. Other than the occasional Gym battle or legendary Pokemon appearance there wasn't much of a penalty if I missed an episode. I didn't feel like I missed out on much. Digimon on the other hand was something that has more of a story structure to it rather than the same formula every week, and in it's case I watched it for the story and not just "OMG POKE/DIGIMANS!"

That said I enjoyed watching Pokemon more. Most of it boils down to just that I liked the franchise more. Unless we're talking about Digimon Tamers, that requires more thought.

This pretty much.

I preferred watching Digimon over Pokémon and I would watch pokémon just for the gym battle, Ash catching a new pokémon or his Pokémon evolving.

Actaully it goes Fresh/Baby, In-Training, Rookie, Champion, Ultimate, Mega, and then only a few actually make it to Super Ultimate. Digimon nerd I know.

Just adding the Japanese version just because I feel like it.

DigiTama ⇒ Baby I ⇒ Baby II ⇒ Child ⇒ Adult ⇒ Perfect ⇒ Ultimate then only a few actually make it to Super Ultimate.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
"Monster Rancher"

Thats the missing link here, yes long ago all 3 of those shows came on at about the same time. (the first seasons anyway)

Monster Rancher: Neat idea with the disks but died out for some reason. Maybe they did not make it kid friendly enough?

Digimon: 9 times out of 10 an episode of this will have a good plot going even if it doesn't look that way at first. Not as much re-watchability as Pokemon but still holds up well.

Pokemon: This used to be the very best, (of these 3 animes) but brain dead decisions and unexplainably stupid story directions have cost this former champion a lot of credibility. The only positive thing about this show still clinging to life is that we can hold out hope that one day the animes writers will realize some of the potential that the show had but wasted and maybe, just maybe, Pokemon will get better.

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Jb and Charizard Champion#06

Sitting in a tree

K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

First comes love,
then comes marriage,
then comes baby
in a baby carriage!

That's not it!
That's not all!
The baby's drinking
alcohol!

Don't tell me how to raise my nonexistent child.

Oh, and no homo.

Fabulous Ampharos

Pokemon Breeder :3
No offense but digimon sucked ...

Status
Not open for further replies.