• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon vs Digimon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izanagi

'Sup!

ParaChomp

be your own guru
^The question of the day is WHY. Otherwise you are just hatin' for no logical reason.
Most likely for reasons that have already been stated.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
^You are probably right but I just irks me when when people say the hate something without stating why. It is not they hate it because to each his own but a reason why is all is I need.
Don't worry, I feel the same way. Then there's reasoning with people who can't accept negative opinions towards their series...

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
As hot and sexy as Renomon is I still have to go with Pokemon cause it has Lopunny, Gardevoir, Ninetails and Zoroark. ;)

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
Let me break this down so I can decide....

Manga

Pokemon - I'm a PokeSpe fan and that's why I'm here posting at Serebii. I love Pokemon 7, Pokemon V, DPA, and Try Adventure. I think ReBURST and Electric Tale of Pikachu are okay. Everything else I just don't know squat about.

Digimon - Never cared too much for V-Tamer, I liked Next, and I didn't care too much about the Xros Wars manga. I know that there are others, but I don't know squat about them.

Manga Winner: Pokemon

Anime:

Pokemon - Watched the Kanto series while growing up, lost interest from Johto to the end of Sinnoh. Best Wishes isn't too shabby.

Digimon - Loved every season and series with two exceptions: I didn't like Frontier and I found Young Hunters to be a hollow parody of the franchise.

Anime Winner: Digimon

So, we have a tie. Let's look at the games.

Games:

Pokemon - The axis of the franchise are the games. I played the Gen I games to follow along with the anime, but I didn't care too much for it. Gen II fixed a lot of my complaints, and Gen III is the perfection of the franchise. While Gen IV made a lot of valuable additions, Gen V is where the franchise is rapidly approaching the same level of perfection as the Gen III games. I haven't played B2W2, and when I do it may change my opinions for better or for worse.

Digimon - I hate Digital Pets. I had a Giga Pet that I recieved as a gift and I literally took a hammer to it within a week. Not kidding. So the whole "raising your Digimon" concept in the early handhelds really put me off. "Digimon World" for the PlayStation takes this concept and makes it bareable. 2, 3, and 4 felt bland to me. The WonderSwan games I'm leaving out of this debate since there's hardly anybody here that can (legally) get their hands on them. The "Digimon Story / Digimon World DS" games and their derivatives are wonderful. In the end, the Pokemon games were much more enjoyable. (If Re:Digitize and the Digimon Adventure game come to the U.S., I might have to change my views.)

My Overall Winner: Pokemon

Pokemons' "character of the day" is worst than anything Digimon can come up with.

The first ten or so episodes of Data Squad and a good majority of Young Hunters came dangeriously close to that formula.

Shadow Star Narutaru.

*click* What the **** did I just click on?

Jb and Charizard Champion#06

Sitting in a tree

K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

JbizardShipping! You heard it here first!

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Narutaru is wwwwaaaayyyyy too out there to compare to Pokemon and Digimon. You'd have to survive Bokurano first to even brace yourself for it.

I only mentioned Narutaru since it's MC befriends a monster with a dark twist.

Yes, choose the quality of the show based on what non-humans are the sexiest!

Furries...

An I a furry if I find the cat in K hot?
[img139]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RYx7RnNVP7c/UDEpKvW7L0I/AAAAAAAABoY/W2tP3NkbM1A/s1600/Neko.%252528Project.K%252529.full.1116291.jpg[/img139]

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
JbizardShipping! You heard it here first!

Oh no.

An I a furry if I find the cat in K hot?
[img139]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RYx7RnNVP7c/UDEpKvW7L0I/AAAAAAAABoY/W2tP3NkbM1A/s1600/Neko.%252528Project.K%252529.full.1116291.jpg[/img139]

Har har, obviously not. I don't know much about K's plot yet but am I wrong that she's only a cat by name?

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Har har, obviously not. I don't know much about K's plot yet but am I wrong that she's only a cat by name?

There is a picture of her with a fish bone in her mouth, take that for what you will.

[img139]http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/mitch3315/Neko.jpg[/img139]

Also, dat ***.

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
[IMG139]http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss141/jb08045/134700175145110.gif[/IMG139]
no homo

Ha ha, what's that gif from?

There is a picture of her with a fish bone in her mouth, take that for what you will.

Okay, by name and mannerisms then I guess, but nothing genetic is what I was getting at.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Yes, choose the quality of the show based on what non-humans are the sexiest!

Furries...
DAMN IT, CORPHISH , WHY YOU NO HAVE ADAPTABILITY!?

Pokemon is more sexist with its sex labour with competitive battlers.

[IMG139]http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss141/jb08045/134700175145110.gif[/IMG139]
Tales reference #...I lost count. What game's the other guy who's not voiced by the Bosch from?

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
DAMN IT, CORPHISH , WHY YOU NO HAVE ADAPTABILITY!?

Pokemon is more sexist with its sex labour with competitive battlers.

W-what are you going on about?

Tales reference #...I lost count. What game's the other guy from.

Ah, I thought it looked like Tales.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
W-what are you going on about?
Oh wait, that's the trainers, not the Pokemon but still...wonder how they feel knowing that they're "useless". Long story short, Pokemon's competitive side is cruel, brutal, and requires a lot of tedious breeding and training.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I always saw Pokemon as a bunch of wasted potential at least the the anime that is.

They certainly took a very minimalistic approach to setting up the story and in return there's an overabundance of episodes. And after seeing those B/W 2 trailers one can certainly hope for a lot more.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Okay, by name and mannerisms then I guess, but nothing genetic is what I was getting at.

Considering just how little is know about the show I'm not prepared to outright say she isn't a cat in human form, and it definitely wouldn't be the first time in anime an animal has gained human form.

[img139]http://images.wikia.com/studioghibli/images/b/b3/Ponyo.jpg[/img139]

ParaChomp

be your own guru
They certainly took a very minimalistic approach to setting up the story and in return there's an overabundance of episodes. And after seeing those B/W 2 trailers one can certainly hope for a lot more.
I know, they look amazing...if they put that OVA quality work into a new series, it could turn out really good. On topic of Pokemon, it does have a lot of potential and some of its manga series show that. I have even seen many online manga reviewers heavily praise Special (Adventures). To boot, it does similar with Digimon for the new generations by giving us a different cast however it does bring back old characters in the later parts of a generation's chapters.

Pokemon's anime had a lot of potential but we got this seemingly never ending episodic story about a typical kid who (quote the first theme song here). As for Digimon, it does everything better but once again, it fails on the fact that it relies on using typical tropes that are done much better in other series. All and all, both franchises as television programs are awful but as long as the kids eat it up (which many of us did as children and some of us still do), the respective companies make money and in the end, that's all that matters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.