• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon: Warders of the Shadows

Flintlock

Watch Glass
---OOC---

Well, it took me much longer than it should've, me being the professional lazy ******* that I am, but here it is. Note; you only have about 30 seconds between this post and the next (in game) so don't try anything heroic, you don't have time for it.

---IC---

For one reason or another, you've all found yourselves on the first floor of the Jubilife City pokemon centre. Perhaps you're a new trainer coming up from Sandgem or possibly a veteran passing through to Canalave or Sunnyshore? Maybe you're just visiting, passing through or perhaps you actually live here and have simply come in here to get out of the rain, it makes no difference. At the moment, there's nothing very special about you; you're simply another face in the crowd. Besides your family and friends, if it wasn't reported, nobody would notice if you went missing...

The night outside is cold and blustery; Autumn is slowly being pushed aside by winter and the winds outside can be heard blowing strongly. The light patter of rain outside, accompanied by the occasional rumble of thunder implies an approaching storm. Lights in windows are starting to go out, people close their curtains to keep the heat in. You're greatful to be inside the pokemon centre with its central heating. Hopefully tommorow will have cleared up, but tonight, its best to keep indoors. The pokemon centre is quiet aside from the noises coming from outside. Sterile, as a pokemon centre should be. You and a handful of others are the only ones here. There isn't even a nurse attending the reception; they're all in the operation room, as tonight is busy and the centre is short on staff, as there's no gym in Jubilife.

Something's been going on lately, there's been an influx of strange people, the locals have probably mentioned it to you once or twice. Whilst many have voiced complaints about the increasing number of 'weirdos' there doesn't seem to be any connection between them. They don't wear uniforms or carry similar insignias on their clothes, but there's something about them that seems similar. Something about the way they hold themselves, their voices, their expressions, it nudges something in your mind. Like something isn't right. Every so often, out of the corner of your eye, you catch a small group of them travelling, talking. Jubilife is a crossroad; the only road to Canalave, Sunnyshore and Sandgem (and by extension, Twinleaf) runs through here. Its expected lots of travellers would come through here. Many of the locals are, in fact, happy for the extra trade, especially in the weeks leading up to winter, though many are unsure of this sudden 'boon'. Lilicove and Goldenrod still burn at the back of the minds of many. They don't wear uniforms or carry insignias; they're too smart for that...

--- 10 minutes later ---

Rain continues to pour outside. Aside from its quiet chorus and the slight buzz of the lights, the pokemon centre is silent. Nothing has changed for the past hour and nothing looks like its going to change. For the locals, the fact the reception isn't being manned isn't strange. The centre is always understaffed at this time and doesn't get much funding as it doesn't have a large turn over of patients. In fact, it's used more as a low cost hotel for trainers stopping by from Sandgem/Sunnyshore/Canalave. However, whether you intend to stay at the centre for the night or whether you intend to run to shelter as soon as you're finished up won't make a difference after this.

Lightning flashes outside, followed by the rumble of thunder half a second later. More thunder rumbles yet there seems to be no lightning that it's answering to. This happens a few times, becoming apparent that this is most definitely not thunder. The quicker people in the centre start to make the connection between the rumbling and foot-

And then the Rhyperior crashes through the wall.

You have no idea where the Rhyperior came from; the only thing you can think of is that it was released by a trainer (Rhyperior aren't found in the wild). There's also something about it that looks... Wrong. Well, you don't really have long to think about this before the Rhyperior realizes there are people here and starts to attack.

Gamekrazy

Leo looked up from his seat at the window at the sound of thunder. Rain was beginning to fall, and Leo guessed it was about time to be heading home before it got really bad. He flipped through the apps on his poke'tech a few more times until he reached the digital clock, not liking having to switch to it every time to view it, so he usually put it there when he was done with what ever other app he had been using (he had one of the newer models that allowed to go forward and backwards through apps, but still, he liked the convinience)

Getting up, Leo finally noticed Meg. She was sitting upright, looking outside intently, a rather concentrated expression on her face. The thunder got a little bit louder, and Meg ignited her flaming mane. This took Leo by suprise. Meg rarely ever did that, she was a fairly peaceful pokemon. What was getting her all riled up now?

"Hey girl..." He said, a little nervous "Whats going-"

He didn't finish his statement. There was a loud crashing noise, and a large pokemon broke through the wall of the pokemon center. A Rhyperior crashed into the room, now ya don't see that everyday. Leo gasped and stumbled several steps backwards, falling onto his behind at the sight of the large pokemon that just broke into the building. Meg quickly hopped infront of him, down on all fours, glaring at the intruding pokemon and growling. He had never seen her like this. It was clear that she didn't like this pokemon, and come to think of it, Leo found something odd about it too (besides the fact that it had broken into a pokemon center unprovoked, that is)

It was quite clear that Meg intended to protect Leo, and the boys heart skipped a beat when he realized this. Meg wasn't trained for battle. She had evolved through friendship and caring, but she had never fought, ever. She was weak when compared to others of her species, she wouldn't stand a chance! Leo suddenly regretted never carrying around her poke'ball. If something happened to her, he wouldn't forgive himself, and it was clear that this rampaging pokemon meant to cause problems...

alteredegoX

Sophi so silleh~
Sophi had fallen asleep with her Nidorina laying across her lap. She'd been out near Sandgem, digging in the sands there hoping to find a Moonstone to evolve her pokemon companion further. She was completely exausted and had fallen asleep completely by accident and nobody seems to have woken her up, or failed to at the very least.

The crashing Rhyperior had awoken her however, mostly due to abit of rubble had gone her way and hit her leg. Her eyes burst open and saw the pokemon. Nidorina was knocked off of her lap as she stood up but the pokemon wasn't too fussed. Instead it simply glared at the giant pokemon who'd awoken the two. A Rhyhorn, would have been fairly simple to take out, anything past that and she would struggle with, although she didn't seem to care and was screaming abuse to the Rhyperior.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Kail dug into the bag for his last couple of chips as the playlist on his MP3 player swapped from Techno to Rock. He looked around for a trash can before spotting one just a few feet from his chair. He balled up the bag, the loud crinkling sound masked by his music, and tossed it towards the trash can. It hit the edge, but still managed to bounce in and thus save Kail from having to walk over there and pick it up.

He took a few glances around the room, taking notice of a few of the more interesting people, before deciding that it was probably best to simply ignore them until the storm passed. He began to reach for the sole pokeball in his backpack, before realizing once more that there was a storm out. Letting a magnemite out during a storm wasn't very good unless it was part of a group. Having one by itself would probaably only result in a stray lightning bolt hitting the center and Tesla, the magnemite in question, becoming seriously overcharged. And becoming overcharged was like the equivalent of the flu for electric types like magnemite.

Kail stopped the current song and was about to search for a particular tune when he noticed the rumbling. It didn't seem to coincide with the flashes of light, which meant...

At that moment, a large and rather upset looking Rhyperior tore through the wall immediately behind Kail. His chair was jostled by stray chunks of the wall as he struggled to grab hold of his backpack. He yanked the headphones out of his ear and stuffed them to his pocket. Kail got to his feet in time to join the group of other startled people now facing a Rhyperior. Tesla would be absolutely no help against it, being a rather unexperienced magnemite, so Kail found himself in a situation he generally tried to avoid. He would have to rely on this group of total strangers to get him out of this.

Shay watched as the rain seemed to go on forever. She had begun a new sketch. This time of the legendary beasts of Johto. She was lost in her own world of paper and designs until Shay felt him growl deeply and his fur bristle against her leg.
"What is it?" She asked looking arround. There were several bright flashes and then a loud crash as the Rhyperior broke through the wall of the pokemon center.
Luxray kept to his feet, just as shay did. A current of electricity passed over his body and he glared at the strange pokemon, trying to intimidate it into leaving. However something was not right.
There was something odd about the pokemon, but Shay could not put her finger on it. But unless somebody had lost control of their pokemon one would probably not see a Rhyperior rampaging anywhere as Rhyhorn only evolved when traded and holding a certian item. Luxray Charged and lept at it with icy fangs attempting to attack it.
"Wait, Luxray, get back here!"She called after her pokemon

Last edited:

greywolf123

Reid sighed as he looked outside, rain splattering onto the glass that he looked out of, and wondered what in the world was going on with the weather. It seemed to have a mind of its own, it had been nice when he'd first came in, yet after only ten minutes, it had started to rain, and only got more intense. It was really putting a damper on his plans of doing something today. He didn't want to go out in the pouring rain, get soaked, and then have a miserable time of it, but he didn't want to spend most of his day squirreled away in some pokemon lab. His Luxio, Jasmine, had the same mind, and was busy pacing, obviously in a hurry to get somewhere. At least, she was, before she started growling.

She wasn't the only one growling either, he realized, when he saw a luxray doing the same thing. What was going on? The rumbling of thunder all the sudden seemed to have a mind of its own as well, as it went on even without lighting. What was going on? Jasmine growled louder, obviously something was wrong, but then all of the sudden, he was left without a doubt that something was wrong. Why? Because at that moment, a giant Rhyperior burst though the door, seemingly dazed. Something was wrong with this, Reid realized, this shouldn't happen.

Of course, he didn't think much on that. He was mainly running away, or attempting to. Attempting because within a few steps, his Luxio had decided to try and take a piece out of this thing, so he had to make a dive for it. He did manage to catch its foot, luckily, but he got shocked in the process. Which hurt. So, now he was laying on the ground, holding onto a struggiling luxio, with a Rhyperior rampaging though the Pokemon center. He could already tell this was not going to be his day.

Blaze and Alex were viciously stopped in their tracks by the ginormous Rhyperior. Alex gasped slightly. This was really bizzare. Why would a Pokemon destroy the Pokemon center? This was the one and only thought going wildly through Alex' head.

Blaze was a different story. Its ears perked up, shocked at first, then realizing something second. It was that weird acidy taste in the air, Blaze could sense it on his tongue. How could Alex not notice it? He shuddered. It was a creeping evil, it would soon contaminate everyone.

Meanwhilw the Rhyperior had just lifted Nurse joy from the counter where she was standing in shock. He was presently kicking and screaming agrilly, even trying to bite the Rhyperior, but this only ened in her yelling "OW!" as her mouth was slightly less toothless than before.

Alex looked at this scene with utmost shock, but finally thought of something. He ran back to the table and hid under it, Blaze coming in quick succession.

pokemaster001

Roy was pacing around listening to the thunder when a Rhyperior rammed into the pokemon center and started rampaging. Roy quickly looked around and saw some others who also had pokemon, he guessed the best thing to do was help fight it, although his only useful pokemon wouldn't be much help against a rock/ground type.

"Go, Luxio and Staravia!" He shouted, sending out the two pokemon "Luxio, use bite! Staravia, aerial ace!" His biggest hope was that the Rhyperior was weaker than it looked so he would have a chance, when it smacked his pokemon away, he knew there was little chance of that.

Roy looked around again, and he noticed a few of the trainers were keeping their pokemon from fighting, and one ran to hide under a table, what were they waiting for? "Hey, we've kinda got a problem, so if you don't mind, I'd like your help fighting this GIANT RAMPAGING MONSTER!!!!" He couldn't believe how few people were trying to help.

alteredegoX

Sophi so silleh~
Sophi glanced around seeing most of the trainers holding back their pokemon. She would have continued to hold back her Nidorina if she hadn't seen someone act out against the pokemon that crashed through the wall. She didn't think her pokemon was strong enough alone but she hoped that if she just assisted the pokemon already fighting that she wouldn't feel so weak and just standing back. "Alright Ido, might as well give those guys a hand, WaterPulse." The Nidorina seemed pleased to get some action as it quickly gathered energy in its mouth as it focused it into swirling water, pulsating faster as it increased in size. After a moment of charging it up, the Nidorina spat out the water orb as it shot above several other trainers' heads and struck the Rhyperior in the shoulder.

(OOC: I'm imagining the rhyperior is the size of King Kong.)
Alex knew he had to fight the rhyperior. But how? How could he defeat the huge lumbering thing? He could only think of one thing. He jumped out, winking at Blaze. Then he jumped on the phyperior's back, and starting climbing upwards. When he reached the top, the head, he grabbed the Rhyperior's neck. It started to rage around angrilly. He looked at Blaze, and waited.

Blaze knew what he had to do. He xoncentrated himelf inside. He was about level 15, and knew a few moves. He decided on using fire puch. He drew the energy inside him, and puched the Rhyperior with all his might. He clebrated, as the Rhyperior's attention was now away from Alex. Unfortunately, it was looking right at him.

Alex knew he needed to help Blaze. His good friend Blaze. So, he balled his hands into fists, reched for the face of the Rhyperior and puched it in the eyes. It roared angrilly.

Gamekrazy

((OOC: Alright, I don't usually minimod, but I feel I should speak up here. Proby, Flint said that theres about thirty seconds between his first post and the next, and said not to try anything heroic, and you are taking way more then thirty seconds, and really trying something heroic. I could understand having enough time to order an attack to your pokemon, but that would be it, and I would rather wait for the GM to control it a bit more before we go saying were taking it down. Not to mention, Flint has said several times already that Nurse Joy isn't in the room right now, so she wouldn't be there to save, and he never said the Rhyperior was the size of king kong. At average they grow to be 7'10 according to the pokedex, and Kong is effing huge.))

Skillfulness

OOC: Gamekrazy- Good job! Keeping up the justice. I must agree though, no nurses, no heroics, and no KING KONG. Anyway, let's back up the crazy train a few posts. I'm ignoring the posts (Proby3 onward), and the only reason I'm stating this is to avoid confusion.

Jacky smiled to the nurse as she took her Chikorita to the back rooms. She noticed no other nurses were around. Strange… Still, she didn’t ponder it and sat by a window, staring into the upcoming storm. I should call Hallie to tell her I’m going to be late. She produced a cell phone from her bag and opened it. She gasped at what she saw.

“Wha…” Her cell phone’s screen was black and nothing she did to it made a difference. Maybe it’s the storm she thought gloomily as she replaced her phone. She looked out; watching the buildings of the town, then realized something bizarre. There were no people. She sat up straighter as lightning struck far off. She flinched and the sound, but craned her neck to see if there was anyone. No one…

WHAM! Jacky whizzed around in time to see a crazed Rhyperior burst through the wall. Her hand went instinctively to her Pokeballs as her mind raced. No nurses around, all the townsfolk gone, now this? What the heck is going on? She held out her Breloom’s Pokeball and looked to the other trainers holding their Pokemon back. She lowered her arm and tried to think of something.

OOC: Sorry, I fogot about all that. After all I only have a Chimchar, not much use against a Rhyperior. And the King Kong size isn't all that hard really. After all, I definately remember a couple of giant Pokemon from the anime series. Anyway, let's carry on. And it's after my second post that is ignored, not the first.

I'll edit this post later. Nothing really happens apart from he keeps on hiding. Right now I have no time.

pokemaster001

OH COME ON!!!!!!!!
there's no way I can post when nothing happened
I guess I can but...
COME ON!!!

Flintlock

Watch Glass
OOC: Really sorry bout all the waiting and what not; Serebii.net's been screwing up for me heaps and I've had exams all week. I'll try to get an update done some time tommorow when I have time /Apology.

waqzy

DESTROY ALL HUMANS!!
Kevin was sitting on a chair , looking as bored as ever and then suddenley a Rhyperior smashed threw a wall! Kevin was surprised at this . Thinking a Rhyperior rampaging outside in the rain was wierd, since rock types hate water . His Typhlosion charged towards it, using flamewheel . "Typhlosion wait!" Kevin yelled as the volcanoe pokemon charged using it's full fury .

pokemaster001

you need a sign up first...
but I'm glad this isn't totally dead, I was getting annoyed

((*nodnod* me too, though i totally understand about the exams thing ^^'))

Flintlock

Watch Glass
OOC: *is thrilled*/Sarcasm. A whole heap of restrictions have been put on my computer time; Wednesdays/Sundays will probably update days. School really cuts into my time and my mind's not been in the mood for this for the past week. Sorry about the delays.