• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon White 2 Team: Can you help me improve?

Silicone

Poison Moth
I've been playing Pokemon White 2 for a while now. I chose Snivy as my starter, who I call Ophio :3 My first capture was an Azurill who I named Sahara. The first pokemon I have from Dream World is a Wurmple. I also caught a Riolu and Magnemite, though I don't plan on using them on my main team. I plan on using this team to take on the Battle Subway

Dustox ;269;
Sludge Bomb
Quiver Dance
Moonlight
Light Screen/Substitute/Toxic

I'm dead set on using Dustox. It may not be the sturdiest wall or the softest sponge, but I'm sure it can switch in safely against most specially offensive Pokemon and hit back with STAB Sludge Bomb(Better neutral coverage than Bug Buzz) with the 30% poison chance. Can't bring myself to replace Dustox, it's been invaluable to me since the RSE days

Ophio the Serperior :497:
Giga Drain
Hidden Power Rock
Glare
Leech Seed

Hidden Power Rock covers most of Serperior's weaknesses, Giga Drain for STAB and Recovery in one move, Leech Seed and Glare to support team in doubles.

Sahara the Azumarill ;184;
Aqua Tail
Return
Ice Punch
Superpower

Aqua Tail is the main STAB move here, and the rest are for coverage. Sahara is my main attacker and she fares pretty well with Ophio's support.

Ingo the Chandelure(optional, for doubles) :609:
Shadow Ball/Energy Ball
Fire Blast
Hidden Power Ice
Will-O-Wisp

Will-O-Wisp to protect my fragile little glass(literally!) cannon from Physical Attacks, Fire Blast for STAB, HP Ice for coverage(I'm pretty lucky to get the HP I've wanted for it) and either Shadow Ball for STAB again but he might get walled by Water/Dark types so Energy Ball is an option.

Anyway, have any suggestions to make my team even more competitively viable?

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I think Glare's accuracy could prove it to be unreliable, especially in the Battle Subway, and a wasted turn definitely isn't what you want. Maybe try out Substitute to protect yourself from status, with Leech Seed and Giga Drain helping you to recover the HP you sacrifice for Substitute. Alternatively, Calm Mind could work if you find Serperior isn't hitting as hard as you would hope.

Waterfall > Aqua Tail on Azumarill for a more reliable move, which will still hit like a truck thanks to Huge Power. Alternatively, Aqua Jet can be used (even over Return) for a strong priority STAB move.

HP [Ice] doesn't really do much for Chandelure imo. For Ground-types, Energy Ball is more powerful, and for Grass-types obviously Fire Blast is stronger. Unless HP [Ice]'s base power is over 60, neutral STAB Shadow Ball will be more powerful on Flying- and Dragon-types. Therefore, I'd run both Shadow Ball and Energy Ball, and not run HP [Ice]. Also, personally I'd go with Flamethrower > Fire Blast for reasons stated earlier, namely the fact that you don't want to lose a streak because of your move missing. If you're worried about Flamethrower not being as powerful, Calm Mind > WoW would definitely help with that, boosting your already great SpA and your SpD and allowing you to hit even harder.

I know you said you don't want to replace Dustox so I'm not going to force you to. However I do think you should realise that with 60/70/90 defences, Dustox probably isn't going to survive very long to use Quiver Dance or to heal with Moonlight, and even if it does get a Quiver Dance or two in, its base SpA is only 50 so it's not going to do much at all. If you really do want to use Dustox and have a decent run in the Subway, you're going to have to EV train it (probably max Speed and SpA so it can get a Quiver Dance in and do at least something in terms of damage) and have a beneficial nature (Modest, +SpA/-Atk, would be your best bet), and also give it a useful item (in this case probably Focus Sash so you can get a boost in). That said I think it would be worthwhile opting for other Quiver Dance users if you really want to use one, because there are many that outclass Dustox.

Speaking of, are any of your Pokemon EV trained? Will they be holding items? And do they just have random natures, or have you chosen specific natures? These are all questions to consider if you want to turn an alright streak into a good streak.

Hope this helps.

~ DC ~

Run Dragonite somewhere, you need a quick and effective Physical Sweeper.

• Dragonite @ Leftovers
  • Multiscale
  • Adamant
  • 252 Hp / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Dragon Dance ~
~ Dragon Claw ~
~ Substitute ~
~ Roost / Earthquake / Fire Punch ~

Next, I'd drop Dustox for Scizor, as Scizor requires little setup to KO something.

• Scizor @ Metal Coat
  • Technician
  • Adamant
  • 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
~ Bullet Punch ~
~ Swords Dance ~
~ Roost / Brick Break ~
~ Substitute / Brick Break ~

Silicone

Poison Moth
I think Glare's accuracy could prove it to be unreliable, especially in the Battle Subway, and a wasted turn definitely isn't what you want. Maybe try out Substitute to protect yourself from status, with Leech Seed and Giga Drain helping you to recover the HP you sacrifice for Substitute. Alternatively, Calm Mind could work if you find Serperior isn't hitting as hard as you would hope.

Waterfall > Aqua Tail on Azumarill for a more reliable move, which will still hit like a truck thanks to Huge Power. Alternatively, Aqua Jet can be used (even over Return) for a strong priority STAB move.

HP [Ice] doesn't really do much for Chandelure imo. For Ground-types, Energy Ball is more powerful, and for Grass-types obviously Fire Blast is stronger. Unless HP [Ice]'s base power is over 60, neutral STAB Shadow Ball will be more powerful on Flying- and Dragon-types. Therefore, I'd run both Shadow Ball and Energy Ball, and not run HP [Ice]. Also, personally I'd go with Flamethrower > Fire Blast for reasons stated earlier, namely the fact that you don't want to lose a streak because of your move missing. If you're worried about Flamethrower not being as powerful, Calm Mind > WoW would definitely help with that, boosting your already great SpA and your SpD and allowing you to hit even harder.

I know you said you don't want to replace Dustox so I'm not going to force you to. However I do think you should realise that with 60/70/90 defences, Dustox probably isn't going to survive very long to use Quiver Dance or to heal with Moonlight, and even if it does get a Quiver Dance or two in, its base SpA is only 50 so it's not going to do much at all. If you really do want to use Dustox and have a decent run in the Subway, you're going to have to EV train it (probably max Speed and SpA so it can get a Quiver Dance in and do at least something in terms of damage) and have a beneficial nature (Modest, +SpA/-Atk, would be your best bet), and also give it a useful item (in this case probably Focus Sash so you can get a boost in). That said I think it would be worthwhile opting for other Quiver Dance users if you really want to use one, because there are many that outclass Dustox.

Speaking of, are any of your Pokemon EV trained? Will they be holding items? And do they just have random natures, or have you chosen specific natures? These are all questions to consider if you want to turn an alright streak into a good streak.

Hope this helps.
His Hidden Power's pretty strong actually, Around 70 probably. But I might consider dropping it, now that I think about it all flying types have dual types and probably already covered.
I guess it would it be a good idea to replace Fire Blast with Flamethrower .. Fire Blast was more of a last resort on Chandelure, and I can't afford a miss(85 always misses for me :/ ) and Calm Mind.. I hadn't thought about that, thanks :)

Dustox is more of a special tank, taking hits while dishing out it's own. I'll try raising his Sp. Atk.

I EV trained Sahara's Attack on Floccessy Ranch, Dustox's Sp. Def in Driftveil, and Chandelure on Sp. Atk, all w/ Macho Brace. But I used them for Gym Battles..
Azumarill has Impish, so she'll have a little defense while reducing Sp. Atk, which she doesnt use.
Dustox has Modest actually! But I haven't EV'd his Sp. Atk yet
Chandelure is neutral natured, but it probably doesnt matter expecially since it's already quite powerful anyway.

Thanks a lot btw, for taking the time to help.

Silicone

Poison Moth
Run Dragonite somewhere, you need a quick and effective Physical Sweeper.

• Dragonite @ Leftovers
  • Multiscale
  • Adamant
  • 252 Hp / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Dragon Dance ~
~ Dragon Claw ~
~ Substitute ~
~ Roost / Earthquake / Fire Punch ~

Next, I'd drop Dustox for Scizor, as Scizor requires little setup to KO something.

• Scizor @ Metal Coat
  • Technician
  • Adamant
  • 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
~ Bullet Punch ~
~ Swords Dance ~
~ Roost / Brick Break ~
~ Substitute / Brick Break ~

Those pokemon in-game? :) I'm not really a fan of them(everyone uses them!)

DGatrz Master

Trainer of Legends.
Dragonite is in-game for White2, however I only know one way to get it (and its shiny): beat White Treehollow. I know how you feel about popular pokemon like Dragonite, I personally don't like Gyarados because so many AIs have one and don't give them good moves (Lance's in FR/LG comes to mind) but I'm not sure about Scizor, I don't see many and I don't know if its in-game in White2, but your probably going to keep Dustox no matter what.

~ DC ~

note my advice is meant for the battle subway, as you said you would be playing there aswell. ingame almost anything will work, but the battle subway is a bit different.

AdeptLen

Use the Pokémon that YOU enjoy, not what everybody who worships the OU tiers demands. It's a game, so you should have fun without the added stress and fanaticism.

Anyway...I would recommend that Dustox have another offensive move besides Sludge Bomb so that it is not completely walled by poison and steel types. Psychic or Hidden Power, perhaps? My only worry is that your Dustox would be too frail to act as a wall against most things.