• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon White 2 Team:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seredin

I am hoping that my team at the E4 will be:
(I will not be using legends or changing natures, some pokemon I do not have, so it will be difficult for posting the natures.)

Samurott
Nature: Rash
Ability: Torrent
Hold Item: Mystic Water
Moves:
Surf
Waterfall
Ice Beam
Revenge

Lucario
Nature: Bashful
Ability: Steadfast
Hold Item: ????
Moves:
Ice Punch
Dig
Brick Break
Aura Sphere

Krookodile
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Moxie
Hold Item: Soft Sand(?)
Moves:
Strength
Crunch
Earthquake
Not sure

Sigilyph
Nature: Bold
Ability: Magic Guard
Hold Item: Twisted Spoon
Moves:
Fly
Psychic
Ice Beam
Not sure

Chandelure
Nature: ???
Ability: ???
Hold Item: Charcoal
Moves:
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Dark Pulse (?)

Eelektross
Nature: ???
Ability: ???
Hold Item: Magnet
Moves:
Discharge
Thunderbolt
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Note: I am having a hard time finding a Tynamo so if you could suggest another electric type with its moveset and held item then I would be very grateful.

Tsumiki

Tsun Tsun~
Surf / Ice Beam / Megahorn / Superpower is the best Samurott set to run with Rash Nature, imo. Superpower not hindering it's STAB moves is a major plus that this set has over the standard Physical Set.

You may as well go for a Mixed Lucario while you're at it. Close Combat / Aura Sphere / Shadow Ball / Ice Punch. Lucario needs both it's STABs. Close Combat acts as basically a Nuke Button, and Aura Sphere is used to conserve the former's PP. Shadow Ball grants you perfect neutral coverage with it's STAB and Ice Punch is some nice general coverage. Plus, you already spent 10 Red Shards on it, so no point of wasting them x)

Aqua Tail on Krookodile if you can get it. Bulk Up > Strength once you're done with the HM to boost Krookodile's Physical Stats to let it sweep more successfully.

Air Slash > Fly on Sigilyph if you don't mind the inconvenience. Shadow Ball for it's last move to counter Ghosts that trouble it. Calm Mind / Heat Wave > Ice Beam are notable alternatives. The former gives Sigilyph a setup move that highlights it's superior Special Stats, and Heat Wave acts as a counter to Steels who otherwise completely wall it.

Dark Pulse is redundant alongside Shadow Ball. The two share similar coverage and Shadow Ball wins out with STAB boost. Calm Mind is the best choice here for a boosting move. Otherwise, Psychic is the only real option it has. iirc it gets Giga Drain so that > Energy Ball. Not too certain on this one, though.

Physical Eelektross works wonders.

Coil / Wild Charge / Drain Punch / Acrobatics. Replace Coil for Dragon Claw or Thunderbolt if you don't want to raise Eelektrik up to Level 50-something.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
I am hoping that my team at the E4 will be:
(I will not be using legends or changing natures, some pokemon I do not have, so it will be difficult for posting the natures.)

Samurott
Nature: Rash
Ability: Torrent
Hold Item: Mystic Water
Moves:
Surf
Waterfall
Ice Beam
Revenge

Go with the below suggestions for Samurott. If you don't like Superpower on him, you can use Return as Water+Return has pretty decent neutral coverage.

Lucario
Nature: Bashful
Ability: Steadfast
Hold Item: Expert Belt
Moves:
Ice Punch
Shadow Ball
Work Up

Aura Sphere/Close Combat

Shadow Ball hits most Pokemon harder in-game than Shadow Claw. Work Up boosts both attacking stats and, in-game, is the best set you could give a Lucario. Close Combat is an option over Aura Sphere for more damage output.

Krookodile
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Moxie
Hold Item: Soft Sand(?) (these type boosting items are the best you can do pre post-game)/Life Orb (if you can get this; I think it is post-game
Moves:
Rock Slide
Crunch
Earthquake
Superpower/Bulk Up

Superpower works very well on him. Dark + Fighting has great coverage. Rock Slide for Bug and Flying types. Bulk Up is an option over Superpower if you hate the stat drops.

Sigilyph
Nature: Bold
Ability: Magic Guard
Hold Item: Life Orb
Moves:
Fly/Calm Mind
Psychic/shock
Air Slash
Roost

Psyshock can be used over Psychic if you want to nail SpD Pokemon harder. Air Slash for primary STAB (don't use Fly in battle as it will do pitiful damage)

Chandelure
Nature: Timid
Ability: Flash Fire
Hold Item: Charcoal
Moves:
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Psychic

Psychic can work as a filler. Calm Mind is post-game, Pain Split isn't good in-game, and Dark Pulse has redundant coverage with Shadow Ball.

Eelektross
Nature: Brave
Ability: Levitate
Hold Item: Magnet
Moves:
Volt Switch
Thunderbolt
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Note: I am having a hard time finding a Tynamo so if you could suggest another electric type with its moveset and held item then I would be very grateful.

Volt Switch really helps keep momentum while giving both Pokemon exp.

Suggestions completed. They are in bold.

Last edited:

Seredin

Then who should be taught waterfall? And is superpower a really good move? Because I don't like the fact that it lowers two stats (not sure which, might be defense and attack). Can any of my others learn waterfall? Or should I get a slave?

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Since you have Rash, which boosts SpA and weakens SpD, it would be a waste teaching it Waterfall. I'd get an HM Slave (maybe Buizel). Superpower has good coverage with Water, only resisted by Shedinja I think.

Seredin

Thanks, I will catch a slave.
So:

Samurott:
Surf, Ice Beam, Superpower and Megahorn

Lucario:
Ice Punch, Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere and Close Combat/Work Up

Sigilyph:
Fly, Psychic, Air Slash and Roost/Calm Mind

Krookodile:
Rock Slide, Earthquake, Crunch, and Aqua Tail

Chandelure:
Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Energy Ball and Psychic

Eelektross:
Dragon Claw, Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Crunch

Sound good?

(And I am gonna catch the first Tynamo I find as they are so annoying to find!)

Last edited:

Senatulus

Aura Sensor
Eleketross is a really good decision for a team member. When I played through Pokemon Black, I used that as my key member. I got it to around level 90 until I gave up on the 5th generation and went back to play a little bit of HeartGold/SoulSilver. The best thing about Eleketross is the fact that it has levitate, so there is absolutely no moves that are super effective against it, since the only thing super effective against electric is ground, and ground type moves can't be used against a levitating Pokemon. Nice choice, there.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Eelektross has decent defenses too, so he can survive even some strong STAB attacks. It was my favorite Pokemon on one of my runs for a while. To find a Tynamo easier, look on the last floor.

Seredin

Yeah, I had already found one, but thanks anyway, when should I evolve my eelektrik and my lampert? And where can I get a dusk stone?

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Yes, Dusk Stone is found in the Stranger House. Evolve Eelektrik at level 44 so it learns Thunderbolt OR you could evolve it and just use Discharge.

Seredin

Can you get Dragon Claw by leveling up? Or by a TM? If TM, then where can I get it? If level up, when does he learn it? And at what level should I evolve my Lampert?

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Dragon Claw is post-game, my bad. Use Flamethrower in its place. Evolve Lampent asap.

Seredin

My Chandelure has Flame Body, does it matter? I can't change it though...

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
No, it doesn't matter in-game. Either ability is good.

Seredin

Beat the league and the white treehollow with this team all around level 80. I had some change in the movesets though.

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Disregarding your multiple double posts, this thread was over a month old before you posted again. Start a new one instead of necro-ing threads. Oh, and stop double posting.

*Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.