• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon White In-Game Team: Pick a 6th Pokemon for me.

Ocosn

I was playing through my previous file of Pokemon White, when I realised that I was in front of the final boss and my team was too bad to fight N and Ghetsis. So I'll start all over again. Maybe this time I'll see if I can find this "Story" everybody says is so great...

SAMUROTT (Starter Pokemon - 33%)
(Torrent - 100%)
(Adamant, 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe)
-Waterfall (HM05)
-Swords Dance (Lv57)(TM75)
-X-Scissor (TM81)
-Return (TM27)

GIGALITH (Wellspring Cave - 50%)
(Sturdy - 100%)
(Adamant, 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe)
-Stone Edge (Lv48)
-Earthquake (TM26)
-Explosion (Lv55)(TM64)
-Stealth Rock (Lv36)

GALVANTULA (Chargestone Cave 1F - 39%)
(Modest / Timid, 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe)
(Compoundeyes - 50%)
-Thunder (TM25)
-Bug Buzz (Lv60)
-Energy Ball (TM53)
-Volt Switch (TM72) / Hidden Power Ice / Fire (TM10)

CHANDELURE (Celestial Tower 2F - 100%)
(Flash Fire - 50%)
(Modest / Timid, )
-Shadow Ball (Lv53)/(TM30)
-Flamethrower (TM35)
-Calm Mind (TM04)
-??? / Hidden Power Fighting (TM10)

What needs deciding:
Galvantula - Modest or Timid nature?
Chandelure - Modest or Timid nature? What EV spread to use? 4th move as backup for if I can't get HPFighting.
5th & 6th Pokemon - See my most recent posts.

Last edited:

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
Could use Vanillite. Lol

Vanillite@expert belt
Timid
-Automize
-Ice Beam
-Water Pulse
-Uproar

Could work. But most dragons carry either rock or fire moves. But he'll it's better than nothing.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
^
Vanilluxe, not Vanilite lol

Return for Samurott's last move, of course.

Stone Edge is better for Mienshao's last move, NPCs generally tends to use attacks instead of support moves.

chap196

For Mienshao
Stone Edge instead of Taunt since Mienshao has low defense, also in-game opponent don't really use support move.

Ferrin

Easily Lost
a fire type fits in and i recommend chandelure for their base sp. attack 147 and speed is 80. :) they can learn energy ball for any water rock and ground types that have an advantage

Ocosn

I'm going to use Chandelure in White 2.

Also, for Vanilluxe, Water Pulse sounds alright, but Uproar always seemed like a waste of a slot for me.

EDIT: Water Pulse and Automotize are Egg move... I might not have minded, but the only parent it can learn Water Pulse from is Snorunt / Glalie.

Last edited:

Ocosn

I just looked over at Cofagrigus' movepool, and I've decided to train that in White 2, rather than Chandelure, as I will be picked Tepig as my W2 Starter.

EDIT: Also, I'm having trouble deciding on a Fighting type. I've just checked over my team and realised that you can only catch Meinfoo after the Elite 4. This will not do me any good. I can't choose Scrafty, either, as two of it's best moves (Ice Punch and Dragon Dance) are Egg moves. Same goes to Conkeldurr with Drain Punch and Mach Punch being Egg moves. Throw and Sawk have terrible movepools.

Can anybody show me the quickest way to get:
-Scraggy with Ice Punch and Dragon Dance
-Timburr with Drain Punch and Mach Punch
-Vanillite with Water Pulse and Automotize

Last edited:

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
If you can't get HP [Fighting] on Chandelure, then go with Energy Ball since it lets you hit Rock-, Ground- and Water-types, all of which Chandelure has a typing disadvantage against. Go with the standard 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP EV spread, and Timid nature is fine.

Rock Slide > Stone Edge on Mienshao for accuracy's sake.

Galvantula has a base speed of 108 which is pretty fast, so imo you should go with Modest for the extra power.

Lilligant could work well as your last Pokemon. It's a great Special sweeper and also brings status support through Sleep Powder.

Lilligant
Modest
Own Tempo
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
~ Sleep Powder
~ Leech Seed / HP [Rock] / HP [Fire]
~ Quiver Dance
~ Giga Drain / Petal Dance

Sleep Powder makes it easier for you to set up with Quiver Dance. Both Giga Drain and Petal Dance are great STAB moves: Giga Drain lets you heal whereas Petal Dance is powerful and thanks to Own Tempo you won't be confused, so really it's up to personal preference as to which move you choose. Leech Seed can be used for extra healing, or if you can, try and get HP [Rock] or [Fire] for some coverage.

Aegon

-Smeargle
-Teach Hitmonchan Drain Punch via TM in Gen IV, or via a tutor in BW2, then let it learn Mach Punch through levelling up.
-Impossible, I believe.

Dragoniteftw

SWAGONITE
I've been stalking this thread for a couple of days now. I was desperate to suggest for you to use haxorus, I really think this guy will be a massive help throughout the story and you don't get axew that late.

heres my two cents:

Haxorus - Muscle band
adamant
mold breaker
- EQ
- Outrage
- dual chop/brick break
- Dragon dance

literally can never go wrong with haxorus, he looks beast. Hits extremely hard and can outspeed alot of things after dragon dance set up. Please don't over look it.

What needs deciding:
Galvantula - Modest or Timid nature?
Chandelure - Modest or Timid nature? What EV spread to use? 4th move as backup for if I can't get HPFighting.
5th & 6th Pokemon - See my most recent posts.

Galvantula timid: its pretty speedy already so that extra power from modest will be a nice way to hit stuff hard. But if you want to out speed nearly everything in-game then timid would be your option as chandelure can be your hard hitter.

Chandelure, modest, 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe, energy ball

Bossk

Like a champ.
I just looked over at Cofagrigus' movepool, and I've decided to train that in White 2, rather than Chandelure, as I will be picked Tepig as my W2 Starter.

EDIT: Also, I'm having trouble deciding on a Fighting type. I've just checked over my team and realised that you can only catch Meinfoo after the Elite 4. This will not do me any good. I can't choose Scrafty, either, as two of it's best moves (Ice Punch and Dragon Dance) are Egg moves. Same goes to Conkeldurr with Drain Punch and Mach Punch being Egg moves. Throw and Sawk have terrible movepools.

You can just breed the egg then trade over the egg, or you can hatch the egg and trade it over, assuming that you have Pokemon Black/White version.

Dragoniteftw

SWAGONITE
You can just breed the egg then trade over the egg, or you can hatch the egg and trade it over, assuming that you have Pokemon Black/White version.

this is a white team not a white 2.

Ocosn

I was desperate to suggest for you to use haxorus, I really think this guy will be a massive help throughout the story and you don't get axew that late.

heres my two cents:

Haxorus - Muscle band
adamant
mold breaker
- EQ
- Outrage
- dual chop/brick break
- Dragon dance

literally can never go wrong with haxorus, he looks beast. Hits extremely hard and can outspeed alot of things after dragon dance set up. Please don't over look it.

Galvantula timid: its pretty speedy already so that extra power from modest will be a nice way to hit stuff hard. But if you want to out speed nearly everything in-game then timid would be your option as chandelure can be your hard hitter.

Chandelure, modest, 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe, energy ball

The reason my team sucked on my previous file was because of Haxorus. The thing evolves into it's final form at Lv48. I ended up pretty much just training my Axew when I caught it. It was a good choice for a Pokemon, though. I'll give it that.

I think I'll choose Lilligant and Haxorus. Those sets look good.

(Congrats, zhanton, you have made a Pokemon which looked utterly boring and worthless to me look like a valuable Pokemon for my team.)

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
Uproaor was just for coverage as Water+Normal gets pretty good neutral coverage