• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon White Rate My Team

telivisionhead

Please rate my team. I have completed the game already btw. I also just bet N and Ghetsis so they aren't to high. I only got home and got out of the house into my home town in the game.

Machamp Jolly Nature Level 55 Abilaty: Serence Grace
Attack:159
Defense 107
Sp. Atk 73
Sp. Def 104
Speed 91
Total HP: 174
Abolity- guts
Dig,DynamicPunch,Vital Throw,Cross Chop
Eggy the togekiss
Sassy nature level 55
Total HP: 171
Attack: 82
Defense: 123
Sp Atck 152 Sp def 155 speed 99
Fly,Shadow ball,Extransenory,Metronome
Magcargo level 54 Brave Nature. Magma armor
Attack 79
defense 145 sp. Atk 98 Sp. Def 97 Spped 49 Total HP 135
Rock slide,Recover,Strength,Lava plume
Rocky the steelix Hasty nature
Ability: Sturdy
Attack: 113 Defense 198 Sp. atk 68 sp. def 77 speed. 56 Total hp 152
Moves: Iron tail,Thunder fang,Bulldoze,Smackdown
Level 50
Feraligater Hasty Nature. Ability Torrent. Level 56
Attack 151 Defense 113 Sp atk 113 Sp def 98 speed 122
Total hp 181
moves: Surf, Ice fang,Shadow Claw,Crunch
Leafy the serperior Jolly Nature. Ability: Overgrow
Total HP: 161 attack 115 defense 117 sp atk 81 sp def. 121 speed 163
Moves: Aerial Ace, Coil,Giga Drain,Leaf Blade

I have items for them waiting to be used but haven't used them just yet.
Thank you.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
For future reference, you'd definitely want to use a more easy to read format because your post is really difficult to read.

Pokemon @ Item
Nature (optional)
Ability
EVs (if applicable)
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

is a lot more clear. Stats themselves don't really tell us much.

Machamp doesn't get Serene Grace, but I'm assuming that's just a typo on your behalf since you've also listed Guts a bit below. You really don't need three Fighting-type moves, since you're limiting what Machamp can do by running a set like that. Guts is Machamp's inferior ability (No Guard is a lot better imo) but if you can't rebreed, you can use the set below:

Machamp @ Flame Orb
Guts
- Close Combat / Brick Break
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- Payback / Bulk Up

I think CC would be the best STAB move for a Guts set because it's powerful and, unlike DynamicPunch, has a highi accuracy. Payback works well with your low Speed, though since you're running a +Spe nature, you might find Machamp isn't consistently slow enough to get the Payback boost; in this case, you can opt for Bulk Up to boost your Attack and Defence. If you run Bulk Up, then you might want to run Brick Break as your STAB move, because Close Combat effectively undos Bulk Up boosts. Ice Punch and Stone Edge give you good coverage.

As for Togekiss, Metronome is extremely unreliable since you have absolutely no control over what move you'll use that turn. It's a fun move, but can be detrimental in battles. If your Togekiss has Serene Grace, you'll want to try and abuse this ability since that's what Togekiss does best; unfortunately, its Sassy nature (which reduces Speed) might make it difficult to get flinches. Firstly, go with either Thunderwave or Body Slam > Metronome. Thunderwave paralyses the opponent, whereas Body Slam deals damage and also has a good chance to deal paralysis. When your opponent is paralysed, you'll hopefully be faster than them in which case you'd want to further abuse hax and try to flinch your opponent. For this, go with Air Slash > Fly (however, if you find that Togekiss is too slow to outspeed your opponents, even after Thunderwave/Body Slam, then just keep Fly). Go with Aura Sphere > Extrasensory as well; Ghost + Fighting (Shadow Ball + Aura Sphere) gets perfect neutral coverage, which means that no Pokemon resists both of these moves. Finally, you can give Togekiss a Kings Rock to hold to further boost your hax, Leftovers for healing throughout battles, or an Expert Belt, which powers up all super-effective hits.

Magcargo @ Wise Glasses / Focus Sash
- Shell Smash
- Flamethrower / Lava Plume
- Ancientpower
- Earth Power / Yawn

Shell Smash transforms Magcargo from thoroughly underwhelming into a decent battler. Shell Smash boosts your Atk, SpA and Spe all by two stages, and lowers your Def and SpD by one stage each. Not only does this help with Magcargo's terrible Speed, it means that Magcargo will be able to do some decent damage in-battle. It's your choice as to what Fire-type STAB move to use; Flamethrower is more powerful than Lava Plume, although the latter has a higher burn chance which could prove helpful in battles. Ancientpower for STAB; Magcargo's base 80 SpA is much higher than its base 50 Atk, which is why I've suggested Ancientpower instead of Rock Slide. Earth Power can provide some more coverage, or you can go with Yawn to help you set up some Shell Smashes. As for your item, Wise Glasses further boosts your SpA, whereas Focus Sash ensures you'll get a Shell Smash boost in.

Steelix @ Leftovers / Muscle Band
- Curse
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Even with a +Spe nature, Steelix is really slow, so Curse + Gyro Ball works really well. Curse increases your Attack (and Defence) and lowers your Speed further, which powers up Gyro Ball even more. Earthquake for STAB and Rock Slide for coverage. As for your item, Leftovers allows you to heal some HP, whereas Muscle Band boosts the power of all your physical moves.

I'll leave Feraligatr and Serperior to other raters, but hope this helps.

Last edited:

Macroboom

Beyond Infinity
On Serperior, if you have access to Black/White2, you should switch out Giga Drain for Aqua Tail. If not, switch Giga Drain out for Return.

telivisionhead

On Serperior, if you have access to Black/White2, you should switch out Giga Drain for Aqua Tail. If not, switch Giga Drain out for Return.

Luckily I had pokemon black 2 so I'll probably do that and change machamp moves because he has ti many fighting type moves. Im gonna go and get more items by trading pokemon from black 2 and make them hold an item I need. I also have the TM return in pokemon white so it should by fine replacing that and I can always go to the move relearner and swith around with giga drain around with return while I look for the tm for aqua tail.

KillerDraco

Luckily I had pokemon black 2 so I'll probably do that and change machamp moves because he has ti many fighting type moves. Im gonna go and get more items by trading pokemon from black 2 and make them hold an item I need. I also have the TM return in pokemon white so it should by fine replacing that and I can always go to the move relearner and swith around with giga drain around with return while I look for the tm for aqua tail.

Aqua Tail's not a TM, it's learned via the Move Tutor. Aerial Ace isn't really that good due to the low power, so it's better to replace it with Return, which has high base power and decent neutral coverage. Plus, everything that resist Return is hit for at least neutrally by Aqua Tail. Also, just as a side note, Serperior has plenty of speed, but mediocre power, so Adamant tends to be better than Jolly for in-game. Something like...

Serperior @ Muscle Band/Leftovers
Adamant Nature
-Coil
-Leaf Blade
-Aqua Tail
-Return

Feraligatr doesn't really appreciate special attacks, since its attack is much higher, so Surf isn't all that useful. Having both Shadow Claw and Crunch is redundant as well, since Dark and Ghost have nearly identical coverage. Regardless, neither really have the best possible coverage for it. Its best bet tends to be...

Feraligatr @ Expert Belt/Leftovers
Adamant/Jolly Nature
-Waterfall/Aqua Jet
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Dragon Dance/Swords Dance

Earthquake and Ice Punch offer you the best coverage, allowing you to have a way to deal with many would-be counters, along with crushing steel and dragon types. Dragon Dance is the better boosting move since it helps remedy Feraligatr's so-so speed, in addition to boosting power. However, it's an egg move, so Swords Dance is a viable alternative if you're not looking to breed a new one. Aqua Jet is also an option over Waterfall due to its priority, but like Dragon Dance, it's an egg move. In truth, Aqua Jet pairs better with Swords Dance, whereas Waterfall pairs best with Dragon Dance... but that's another matter altogether, since no matter what happens you'd require an egg move that way. If you're avoiding egg moves, go with Waterfall/Swords Dance and call it a day.

Also that solid block of text in the first post makes my eyes bleed a little...