• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon White Team

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
I am looking for a good team overall. I am thinking for a general team, I should have 2 Special Sweepers, 2 physical sweepers, and 2 walls (one physical and one special)

So... here is my idea for a team:

Samurott
503.gif

Ability:Torrent
Nature: Lonely
EVs: 255 atk/255 spd
Held Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
Moveset:
-Megahorn
-Waterfall
-Dragon Tail Return
-Swords Dance

This pokemon will probably be my lead. It can hit hard and fast. Waterfall for stab, megahorn for grass coverage, Return for hard hits, and swords dance for attack boost.

Mienshao
620.gif

Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Lonely Adamant
EVs: 255 atk/255 spd
Held Item: Flying Gem
Moveset:
-Acrobatics
-U-Turn
-Hi Jump Kick
-Fake Out

This pokemon will scout out enemies for me. Hi Jump Kick for massive STAB, acrobatics for a huge power, U-turn for psychics and to gain HP, and fake out to flinch.

Hydreigon
635.gif

Ability: Levitate
Nature: Rash
EVs: 255 sp. Atk/255 spd
Held Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
Moveset:
-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
-Dragon Pulse
-Flamethrower

Dark and Dragon Pulses for STAB, flamethrower for ice and steel coverage, and Draco Meteor for a last resort STAB.

Chandelure
609s.gif

Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Modest
EVs: 255 Sp. Atk/255 spd
Held Item: Leftovers
Moveset:
-Flamethrower
-Shadow Ball
-HP Fighting
-Energy Ball

Flamethrower and Shadow Ball for STAB, HP fighting for rock/dark coverage, energy ball for ground/rock/water coverage

Ferrothorn
598.gif

Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 255 Sp. Def/255 HP
Held Item: Leftovers
Moveset:
-Power Whip
-Gyro Ball
-Curse
-Substitute

Gets a defensive mix out. Good defense is raised higher with curse. STAB with gyro Ball and power whip. Substitute for annoyance along with leftovers for health.

Miltank
241.gif

Ability:Thick Fat
Nature: ???
EVs: 255 def/ 255 hp
Held Item: Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
Moveset:
-Substitute
-Milk Drink
-Bide Return
-Defense Curl/Double Team

Substitute for blocking statuses, thick fat to reduce damage, milk drink for hp renewal, Revenge for hits, and Defense Curl/Double team to avoid as much damage as possible...
I will not EV train as 252/252/4 and I will also not change either special sweeper's nature because they have already been made and are being trained.

I hope you can help. Thanks ahead of time!

Last edited:

GalladeX

Samurott wants Return > Dragon Tail. Why would you want to potentially send out the thing you've been able to safely set up against and bring out something you can't hit? Then you'd be forced to switch out, making all that setting up a waste.

Yeah Bide on Miltank is a no. Use Return.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
Samurott wants Return > Dragon Tail. Why would you want to potentially send out the thing you've been able to safely set up against and bring out something you can't hit? Then you'd be forced to switch out, making all that setting up a waste.

Yeah Bide on Miltank is a no. Use Return.

Don't see why either would be an issue to fix. Thanks for the advice.

Diaglio

Why don't you try Jellicent for a Special Sponge? It gets moves like Scald and Recover, so it'll be very useful on your team. Unless you don't want a second water type.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
I was trying not to have two of the same type. Twas why I switched Haxorus for Samurott...

Final

I Submit to No One
Ditch Draco Meteor on Hydreigon for Surf. Draco Meteor doesn't work unless its a Choice set. Also, the Nature should be Modest or Timid. Not Rash as you're not running any Physical Attacks.

Ferrothorn's Nature should also be Sassy so it boosts its Special Defense while maximising the damage potential of Gyro Ball.

I'll do a more comprehensive rate later.

Last edited:

Vandslaux

Why Lonely on Mienshao? I'd use Jolly or Adamant, sincey you're not using any special attacks.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
I am going with draco Meteor on Hydreigon. I am just unsure of the move... maybe choice, but I don't want to be stuck unless I switch out...

Vandslaux

I use this Mienshao set, and it's awesome:
Jolly
Regenerator
Wide Guard (will replace w/ Acrobatics or Aura Sphere sometime)
U-Turn
Rock Slide (haven't found Stone Edge tm yet)
Hi Jump Kick (power 195 w/ STAB, with LO, power 243.5, INSANE coming off of base 125 Attack)

Mind you, it was a pain for me to find a Jolly one w/ Regenerator. First of all, they spam Wide Guard if you try and flinch them to see if they have Inner Focus, they hit incredibly hard, are really frail for weakening, and the only viable Synchronizer for their level is Beeheyem, who doesn't carry any attacks at the level caught. (Recover, Power Split, Guard Split, Calm Mind)

Final

I Submit to No One
I am going with draco Meteor on Hydreigon. I am just unsure of the move... maybe choice, but I don't want to be stuck unless I switch out...

You're meant to switch out after using Draco Meteor unless a second one will be certain to finish the target off. That's the purpose of using it on a Choice set. Choice Specs allows Hydreigon to hit harder while Choice Scarf allows it to outspeed stuff it otherwise wouldn't be able to outspeed.

Anyway, if you're going with Draco Meteor, lose Dragon Pulse. You already have Dark Pulse for a reliable clean-up STAB move but it also functions as a secondary STAB. Replace it with Surf so you can hit more things Super Effectively and have completely unresisted type coverage.

On Miltank, lose Double Team / Defense Curl. Double Team is unreliable because it relies on luck and Defense Curl is outclassed. Also, without Scrappy as the ability, Ghosts walk all over her. Especially now. Earthquake probably compliments it the best as it hits the Rock and Steel Types that resist Return Super Effectively (unless they're part Flying Type, have Levitate as their ability or are carrying an Air Ballon in which case you have to spend a turn to pop it) and the Ghosts that are immune to Normal for neutral damage (unless they have Levitate, are part Flying Type or carrying an Air Ballon). I would also replace Substitute with Curse. Substitute looks out of place here. Curse will be boosting Miltank's Attack and Defense while lowering its Speed. The Speed lowering will suck since Miltank's base Speed is actually good but a Curser is meant to be a bulky boosting tank. Not a fast sweeper. With Curse, Careful becomes the superior Nature and Special Defense should be maxed instead of Defense since its Defense will be getting boosted anyway.

Everything else looks good although Calm Mind could be considered over Energy Ball or HP Fighting for stat boosting. Waters will take a lot from Shadow Ball anyway unless they resist it or are immune to it if you drop Energy Ball. Dropping HP Fighting means losing unresisted type coverage. Timid would also be a better Nature since Chandelure is by no means fast but not so slow that using a Speed boosting Nature wouldn't be worth it unless it can boost its Speed. Flame Charge like Calm Mind can be considered over Energy Ball or HP Fighting for Speed boosting. If you choose to use Flame Charge, you probably should use a Life Orb or Wise Glasses to increase its damage output.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Last edited: