• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Won't Listen

IcyArticuno6789

Okay, I'm playing Platinum and I have one gym badge, and my highest level pokemon is a level 15 Piplup. I also have a level 14 Eevee and a level 13 Snorunt, but my Snorunt and Eevee rarely listen to me, but I've never had problems with my Piplup. Is something wrong or am I not experienced enough for them to listen?

Byzantine

I assume you traded for them and the piplup is your starter. The simple answer is to get more gym badges, 2 will cover them up to level 30.

IcyArticuno6789

I just don't understand why they refuse to listen. I got them when they were at level 1. What level does the first badge cover? Or does it cover a level?

Byzantine

Nothing for DPPt, unfortunately.

The level you gained them does not matter, only the level they are at now. (If you get them as eggs though they get your trainer ID so you won't run into that problem).

IcyArticuno6789

Alright thanks. I may have to go catch a flying type pokemon to deal with Gardenia. Once Piplup evolves, I don't know if she would be able to handle the grass type attacks to the extent that I would need her to.

Byzantine

Piplup doesn't get any better/worse on its 2nd evolution, and its 3rd is neutral to grass, but yes a flying type is advisable since your other pokemon won't listen much.

IcyArticuno6789

I'll need to catch a Starly, even though I despise flying type pokemon. I'm doing this game for a friend, and I let her pick her own team, so at least now I know why Eevee and Snorunt won't listen. Thanks for your help.

Zorg

Spongetastic
Yea, easier just to trade over the eggs instead of the actually pokemon from the hatched egg, that way they will have your trainer number and will obey you.