• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon World Championship 2011 Team

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
Welcome all raters! I'd be thankful if you'd rate this and help me, especially with EVs, since I don't know exactly what stats are required to OHKO or 2KO certain Pokemon with certain moves.

Important Note:

This team is constructed under the following rules:
1. Only Unova Pokemon (goes for my opponent too)
2. Double battle
3. All Pokemon reduced to level 50 for the battle
4. I don't think duplicate items are accepted

So... here it is.

Landorus/Terrakion

I can't decide these two... any comments would be appreciated concerning them.

Eelektross@?
Nature: Modest
Ability:Levitate
Acid Bomb
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Grass Knot/Thunder Wave

My preferred special attacker, as it has no weaknesses, baring unlikely events. Acid Bomb to weaken, Flamethrower and Thunderbolt for coverage. I don't know what to do about the item, though.

Whimsicott@Iron Ball
Nature:Careful
Ability:Mischievous Heart
Switcheroo
Leech Seed
Substitute
Taunt

Chosen for being the fastest user of Mischievous Heart, Whimsicott can cripple sweepers with Switcheroo, Taunt those that try to do the same first, and drain Defensive Pokemon's HP. Hopefully it works as well as this summary makes it out to be.

King Klank!(Klinklang)@Balloon?
Nature:Jolly/Adamant
Ability:Clear Body
Gear Change
Gear Saucer
Return
Rock Smash

One of my favorite Pokemon, this simple machine suffers from an overly simple move pool. Since there are no magnet pull Pokemon in Unova, I thought Rock Smash would be better than Volt Change.

Jellicent@Leftovers
Nature:Bold
Ability:Water Absorb
Recover
Scald
Will-o-Wisp
Hex

To keep any Haxurous or similar physical from ripping my team apart, and to severely weaken any other stallers, Jellicent is equipped with burning and stalling moves.

Reshiram@Life Orb?
Nature:Modest
Ability:TurboBlaze
Flame Charge
Shadow Ball
Blue Flame
Dragon Pulse

Normally I try not to use Ubers, but since I have no guarantee my opponent won't use them, I keep Reshiram on me. Flame Charge is to hopefully start a sweep, and then wreck havoc with the rest of the moves.

That's my team. As I said in the introduction, all comments are appreciated!

benwsf

The Torterra Trainer
Wouldn't this go into the competetive team rate section?
Whimsicott @Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
Mischievous Heart
-Switcheroo
-Toxic
-Leech Seed
-Giga Drain/Cotton Guard

Monochromatic

A.k.a: Nemo
If this is a competitive (PvP) team, then you're in the wrong section.
And is this an official championship? Because I think they'd ban Ubers...

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
Oh. Oops. Well then I'll submit this over there. And yes, it is an official championship, as I went to one of the same kind last year, and I saw Rayquaza. But if they changed the rules for this year, my team would come to reflect that.