• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon World Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
EVp7ocQ.png

In Honor of the Recent Release of Jurassic World, Pokegyms and the Trinity League Proudly Present the

POKEMON WORLD TOURNAMENT!

The Tournament is Now OVER!

--This Wifi tournament will take place from Friday, July 24th until Friday, July 31st. If you would like to participate, please read the rules and tournament info below!

Questions?
Read our FAQ in the spoiler below, or ask our Tournament Overseers (Dragontamer44722 & Cryùel)

Tournament Format: Multilevel Format

--For this tournament, you must use 3 pokemon that can be revived from fossils (Omastar, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Armaldo, Cradily, Rampardos, Bastiodon, Carracosta, Archeops, Aurorus, and Tyrantrum). The last 3 pokemon can be any other OU and under pokemon.
--Mega evolutions are NOT permitted for this tournament.
--Battle Style will be SMOGON OU ROTATION, 6v6. Rounds will consist of a single battle.
--Limit of ONE legendary pokemon per team.
--Players are responsible for arranging their own battles. You CANNOT battle the same person twice!
--There will be 5 rounds in this tournament, so in order to be eligible for the prizes you must complete all 5 rounds.
--Team members may not be exchanged until you have completed your rounds.

In the event that a person has completed their rounds and there are others who have not, then that person CAN battle them as long as they haven't battled them previously. The battle results will only affect the person who hasn't completed their rounds.

The ranking is established by most Round Wins. If there is a tie in Round Wins, "Win points" are compared within the Round Win Tier, so someone who won 1 Round with "Win 2-0" (2 "Win points") would be ranked higher than someone who also won 1 Round but with "Win 1-0" (only 1 "Win point").

PRIZES:

Feature Prize 1: Shiny Lvl 56 Modest Refrigerate Aurorus
Feature Prize 2: Shiny Jolly Unnerve Aerodactyl
Feature Prize 3: Shiny Adamant Weak Armor Onix

Participation Prizes: (5IV Pokémon and/or shiny trophy Pokémon. A prize will go to two random persons who completed all their rounds but didn't place 1st, 2nd or 3rd)

Participation Prize 1: TBA
Participation Prize 2: TBA

Q: Do I have to be a registered Challenger of the Pokegyms and/or Trinity League to participate?
A: No, anyone is welcome to join our casual Tournaments - registered Challengers, Gym Leaders, and non-League members alike. The more, the merrier~
Of course, we hope that your interactions and battles with League Members will show you how much fun our Leagues are.

Q: Are Mega evolutions allowed?
A: Mega Evolutions are not permitted for this tournament.

Q: How many rounds are there, and are there knock-outs?
A: There are 5 rounds in this tournament, though there may be less depending on the number of participants. There are NO knockouts, so each player should be able to battle the same number of times as everyone else. For our tournaments it is one match with best 2 out of 3 rounds.

Q: How long is a round?
A: It depends. Because players are responsible for finding players to battle, some may finish their rounds more quickly than others.

Q: What do I do after the first round?
A: You can update your first "Signing in" post using the Special Battle Result Form (in the OP on p. 1) and continue to use that post to keep track of your battles. It also helps the tournament overseers keep track of the score.

Q: Can I switch out a member of my team, or an item, a move, etc. after the first round?
A: No, you cannot! The team you enter the first round with (moves, items, etc. included) may not be changed until the tournament is over.

Q: What are the prizes?
A: Each tournament features at least 3 prizes, which will be announced in advance before the tournament begins. There featured prizes of which the 1st place winner may choose one from. The 2nd place winner gets the other featured prize, etc. There are also participation prizes which will be randomly distributed amongst the other participants. (only participants who have played all rounds, or all rounds except for one, can be considered for this prize)

Special Battle Result Form for the Tournament
For the Pokegyms & Trinity Leagues Pokemon World Tourney, participants should use only this special Battle Result Form. Ratings should always be constructive and provide opportunities for growth.

Round #, Opponent: [Example: "Round 1, Sito"]
Victor, Score: [Example: "Sito , 2-0"]
Rate your performance: x/10
Rate opponents' performance: x/10
Constructive comments about the match:

*Note for Pokegyms members* : For every round you win, you will receive 2 shop points. These points will be added at the end of the tournament.

Last edited:

Dunkleosteus

Dark Knight
sign me up :) I have almost all the fossils ^^

TheShoveler1887

Rock Shoveler
I'm the rock apprentice and ex-rock gym leader. Of course I have most of the fossils built XD
Sign me up, mang.

I'm in!
I'll try and go easy on you guys this time. [:

I would love to participate. I'll see if I can.

Eaglehawk

Banned
in 10chars

EDIT: If this is some wifi tour, then i'm out.

Morokei

Pokegym Steel E4
You know what its been a hell of a long time since I've partaken in a tourny. Sign me up, I'm checking in, all of the shabang

twinyoshi45

The CryptKeeper
this tournament looks a little empty so I would like to join!

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Joining in, just need to throw a team together and I'm set.

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
Hopping in as well. Like DJ, I gotta put something together o/

TheShoveler1887

Rock Shoveler
Signing in! I'll be on the chat for most of today.

Round #1, Opponent: DJSummers
Victor, Score: Summers, 2 - 0
Rate your performance: 8/10
Rate opponents' performance: 8/10
Constructive comments about the match: Played my mons wrong and lost because of it. GG :p

Round #2, Opponent: scizor64
Victor, Score: TheShoveler1887, 3 - 0
Rate your performance: 9/10
Constructive comments about the match: ADHD put in all the work he needed to. Missing a move on my opponent's part didn't mean much in the scheme of things and missing on my end only made it a 3-0 instead of a 4-0. GG, overall. Sorry for the false start T-T

Round #3, Opponent: Dunkleosteus
Victor, Score: Dunkleosteus 3/2
Constructive comments about the match: I don't like that I got stopped in two tournaments IN A ROW by the same freaking strategy. I'm going to bring counters to this strategy from now on. Just you all watch >:)
Archeops OP

Round #4, Opponent: twinyoshi
Victor, Score: twinyoshi 4-0
Rate your performance: 6/10
Constructive comments about the match: Got destroyed by a fighting type XD

Round #5, Opponent: Burnerv2
Victor, Score: Shoveler 3-0
Constructive comments about the match: Scarf Aurorus saving the day and Goodra helping with a nice fire blast killing the only pokemon that scared my entire team.

Round #EX, Opponent: Marashu
Victor, Score: Shoveler, 5-0
Rate your performance: 9/10
Rate opponents' performance: 9/10
Constructive comments about the match: Got a crit and won from that. Though having one more turn of your strategy would have let you recover. Rotom-H put in so much work along with my Mascot. GG, man :) Wish this wasn't an extra battle T-T

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.