• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X and Y Manga Thread

johno1995

Xavier and Yolanda should be their names, call em 'X' and 'Y' for a while until the big reveal. :|

Macromind101

Isn't Yellow's real name something that's not Yellow as well? My bets are on that the main characters will have "actual" names but for whatever reason they will be called X and Y which would be their nickname or codename or whatever but their official manga name would be X and Y, like Yellow and N. And also, I was kinda afraid for the manga starter tradition as well due to a majority of Fire-types not "befitting" of a female character (god I'm gonna get so much hate for that comment) but it seems like Gen 6's Fire-type actually is somewhat befitting of the female Dexholder. So yeah I have a feeling that the starter tradition will live on, with the male character getting Froakie, the female character getting Fennekin and the rival getting Chespin.

e9310103838

Isn't Yellow's real name something that's not Yellow as well? My bets are on that the main characters will have "actual" names but for whatever reason they will be called X and Y which would be their nickname or codename or whatever but their official manga name would be X and Y, like Yellow and N. And also, I was kinda afraid for the manga starter tradition as well due to a majority of Fire-types not "befitting" of a female character (god I'm gonna get so much hate for that comment) but it seems like Gen 6's Fire-type actually is somewhat befitting of the female Dexholder. So yeah I have a feeling that the starter tradition will live on, with the male character getting Froakie, the female character getting Fennekin and the rival getting Chespin.

Actually the games the same with SP, in accordance with the order designed starter tradition to target female (water, gress, fire). ;037;

e9310103838

Well her real name was Amarillo I guess, but that's just yellow in Spanish lmao.

Yellow de Viridian Grove, this is the literal translation of her full name

Although it similar in a sense with N or Platinum Berlitz, etc.

But she has no surnames, and N has his surnames. :025n172:

Ace of Shades

It would be cool if X and Y were like agents working for the professor to take down the evil team and those were their code names

matt0044

That wouldn't happen..

Just like the DP heroine becoming a rich girl and the DP hero and rival becoming comedians. Oh wait...

Trust me, in Pokemon Special, ANYTHING can happen.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The secret agent in france thing sounds cool actually. PokeSpecial hasn't really done that angle fully yet. Be cool if they did. I'm just wondering the lenght of BW2 now. BW2 in general still feels kind of new to me, heck I still don't have the games, and now XY is stealing the Pokemon spotlight. Not that I mind, this is the most excited I've been for Pokemon since Gen 4. I know PokeSpecial won't disappoint me. The main story chapters never have. Can't say the same for all the remake and sister arcs, but the main storys are always good for me so I'll look forward to it. This would be the 12 Chapter right? Unless BW2 is still the 10 chapter.

matt0044

The secret agent in france thing sounds cool actually. PokeSpecial hasn't really done that angle fully yet. Be cool if they did. I'm just wondering the lenght of BW2 now. BW2 in general still feels kind of new to me, heck I still don't have the games, and now XY is stealing the Pokemon spotlight. Not that I mind, this is the most excited I've been for Pokemon since Gen 4. I know PokeSpecial won't disappoint me. The main story chapters never have. Can't say the same for all the remake and sister arcs, but the main storys are always good for me so I'll look forward to it. This would be the 12 Chapter right? Unless BW2 is still the 10 chapter.

Well, X and Y aren't coming until October which is quite a while.

ForeverFlame

I wonder how Viz will do the XY manga. If they do a repeat of BW, they'll have RS, DP, HGSS, BW, and XY all being published at the same time. That is, honestly, a bit of a mess.

My OCD wishes that Viz would have stayed faithful to the Japanese numbering, but a 43+ volume series is a bit hefty for children to collect, I suppose. Breaking it up makes it easier to digest.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
This secret agent thing sounds like something out of a bad fanfic.

I've heard people complain that Pokespe sounds like a bad fanfic already. If that happens, I'll have to agree with them for once.

matt0044

I wonder how Viz will do the XY manga. If they do a repeat of BW, they'll have RS, DP, HGSS, BW, and XY all being published at the same time. That is, honestly, a bit of a mess.

My OCD wishes that Viz would have stayed faithful to the Japanese numbering, but a 43+ volume series is a bit hefty for children to collect, I suppose. Breaking it up makes it easier to digest.

They didn't release DPPt until after Gen 4 was over in the USA so...

This secret agent thing sounds like something out of a bad fanfic.

I've heard people complain that Pokespe sounds like a bad fanfic already. If that happens, I'll have to agree with them for once.

Why? It can be awesome IF well executed. I wouldn't sell this idea short so soon.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster

DPPt is halfway finished and HGSS is short. They could always speed up DPPt if they had to. It will more then likely be XY, BW, and RS lumped together. DPPt will be over by next year if they stay on the current release date pattern.

iml908

I am almost certain that X will be the boy, and Y will be the girl. To continue the pattern, I am guessing X is getting the Water starter. I want X to maybe be just a calm noble gentleman, because I don't think we have seen that out of our main characters based on male players yet.

I am almost certain that X will be the boy, and Y will be the girl. To continue the pattern, I am guessing X is getting the Water starter. I want X to maybe be just a calm noble gentleman, because I don't think we have seen that out of our main characters based on male players yet.

I think it should be the other way around..have X as the Girl and Y as the Boy

iml908

I think it should be the other way around..have X as the Girl and Y as the Boy
Sorry to burst your bubble, but looking at the pattern with the main paired games in the series, all the games listed first become the male main characters. Like RED and Green, GOLD and Silver, RUBY and Sapphire, DIAMOND and Pearl, and BLACK and White. Since this has been going on since the beginning, I am almost certain the game listed first (X) will be male.

Macromind101

Due to Generation VI being close, I'm getting kinda afraid that there will not be much time for BW2 as hoped. I was actually expecting BW2 to be as long as the first chapter in each generation (so 6-8 volumes) since unlike third versions and remakes BW2 have new plots and elements throughout rather than at a few points and solely post-game that could be fit into three volumes. I'm really hoping that BW2 won't be rushed. They could do what they did with HGSS and cut it short in magazine runs and finish it in volumes which can come out years after the games did just fine.

Going back to topic. I do like the idea of the secret agents thing although something tells me that won't happen (that is too predictable and Kusaka NEVER goes with the predictable). And about the version names, I have a feeling that it'll have to do more with geometrical coordinates rather than sex chromosomes. Generation VI introduces Pokemon gameplay to 3D so coordinate geometry references are more likely imo. And then when sequels come out (yes I'm betting on sequels rather than third versions/remakes) it'll be XZ and YZ versions which complete the 3D coordinates (and looking how it goes from Porygon2 to Porygon-Z, the Z will probably follow up with the 2).

Orbis

What?
Xander and Yuliana. I'm quick for Xander because it's my brother's name.

And to comment on the whole "dexholders have strange names" discussion, Ruby, Sapphire and Crystal all are girl's names, albiet they are uncommon.

Macromind101

Xander and Yuliana. I'm quick for Xander because it's my brother's name.

And to comment on the whole "dexholders have strange names" discussion, Ruby, Sapphire and Crystal all are girl's names, albiet they are uncommon.

lololol, Ruby's a guy XD