• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X and Y Manga Thread

e9310103838

Oh, so that's why they were given so much focus.

I already expected that for Wilton, but Jack, too?

Yes, this is according to the Japanese generally quoted, it seems that Kusaka had said.

And he is different from the swimmer in RGB & Y.

Ah no, we only know that the boss's name is Ghetsis Harmonia. N is the only one shown to have the additional name of Gropius (it's likely that he took it himself).

Anyway, since this thread is about "XY manga" and not just Special, what other series are coming out? There's always shorter run comics and I'd like to see them.

The name Ghetsis Harmonia Gropius is displayed when Black against him.

And this is another XY manga.

It seems to be the only one XY manga besides SP now. I do not know when it publish.

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/7789/4gyb.jpg
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/pokemonryuoh/

It is the propaganda manga for battle assembly of next year.

And I do not know whether Clefairy tale also entered XY. ;281;

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Oh, so it's from Special then? That's highly unusual, since "Harmonia" was the one given in the game.

YonaNoveau

I like Y is going after Sky Battles here, really sounds awesome when you think about it. Trainers soaring the sky as the make their Pokemon duke it out.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I like Y is going after Sky Battles here, really sounds awesome when you think about it. Trainers soaring the sky as the make their Pokemon duke it out.

I really hope she catches a Hawlucha, that'd be awesome alongside a Froakie/Greninja. :) I'm excited for her.

YonaNoveau

I've seen a lot of fans comparing X to Shinji and Y to Asuka. Not exactly in a positive way though.

Shinji and Asuka really have the fanbase split on them, I can see why it's not really something positive. And well, X and Y have an air of them. X is depressed and shut in and Y has quite a temper while lashing out at him for his issues. It is a similar relationship on the surface (but I'm sure it's different on deeper level.)

And well...

Many people have little tolerance to depressed characters and are quick to label them as whiny, emo, losers and stuff like that, regardless of how good their reasons to be depressed are. I mean, look at Shinji, Cloud from FFVII or Luke fon Fabre from Tales of the Abyss. Shinji is quite a mess, while Cloud and Luke have so much crap ruining their lives it's ridiculous, yet tons of people mercilessly bash them, this despite they also do lots of cool and heroic things as well. Shinji is perhaps the most well known case of this in anime and manga, so comparisons to him are quick in character with similar attitudes.

sparkduster

the explorer
i have a feeling x is going to have a ton of character development. I mean, you can't really have a character that never leaves his room go on an adventure across a region

YonaNoveau

i have a feeling x is going to have a ton of character development. I mean, you can't really have a character that never leaves his room go on an adventure across a region

It's almost sure that's going to happen, likely we will find out why he is so depressed and a good part of his story will be dealing with it and finally coming to terms with it.

G-SANtos

We have full name of Samuel Oak, Daisy Oak, Sonezaki Bill, Steven Stone, Yanase Berlitz, Ghetsis Harmonia Gropius, and Natural Harmonia Gropius.

And all Professors have a surname. ;413-i;
Okay, I admit I forgot about Nanami, and I din't know about the "Sonezaki". But the characters I meant are Green Ōkido, Daigo Tsuwabuki, G-Cis Harmonia, and Natural Harmonia Gropius.

Regargind Ōkido, is his first name canon outside of the anime. For Yanase, she's not a game character and I was only talking about the games, and she only has a surname because Platinum has one. Has any original character who's not a main one even received a full name?
And while the Professors have surnames, they don't have know given names. I mean, the two Araragi don't even have given names in the Japanese version, and thus are both known as "Prof. Araragi"... Okay, taking them into account, maybe the One Steve Limit is not that important.

The name Ghetsis Harmonia Gropius is displayed when Black against him.
Yes, in the manga, he has the name Gropius, but in the games, only Harmonia is mentioned, and Gropius is only given to N. Though assuming that G-Cis also has Gropius is a very logical leap.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Anyone else wondering why Kusaka changed so much from the games in the XY?

I'm kind of guessing to make way for when the old Pokedex holders come back?

A few of them do have a lot of Mega Evolution-capable Pokemon.

Red: Saur, Gyara, Aero.
Blue: Charizard, Alakazam (which he never uses), Scizor.
Green: Blasty (ironic considering her talent. I guess it works since it's Mega Evolution, not regular Evolution.)
Silver: Gyarados (highly doubt it).
Ruby: Rara (assuming she's evolved now.)
Sapphire: Chic, Rono.

I guess Yellow could come along since she is one of the few to have a connection to Mewtwo. Emerald for Latias and Latios Megas, although they aren't with him anymore.

He'll probably wait till Z to do this, though. But given what's been going on recently, especially with B2W2, I doubt he'll wanna wait.

...Anyone wondering if Emma will appear?

lolipiece

Staff member
Can anyone tell me if the XY Adventures manga is already out ? If it is, where can I read ?

It's been out since last month.

And Japan. If you mean online, such things are not allowed to be discussed.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
It's almost sure that's going to happen, likely we will find out why he is so depressed and a good part of his story will be dealing with it and finally coming to terms with it.

perhaps he is being trumatized by something, now i'm really eager to read the chapter

lolipiece

Staff member
We already know why he's depressed.

The pressures of being famous were to much from him and he decided to never leave his house to escape the public's eye.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
One thing I hope to see in the X and Y chapters would be for X and Y to battle over the Mega Stone, or just flat out battle. We really don't get big showdown battles between Dexholder heroes anymore. Besides Red vs Green I can't think of any big ones. We had Gold vs Silver, true. I hope to see X and Y battle in a real hardcore match.