• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X and Y Wifi Battle Team (Singles)

chap196

This is the team I use in the Special Format in Rating Battle, this might also be used for Battle Maison and Ingame (although I won't use Item that dissapear in in-game)

Klefki
Item: Air Balloon
Nature: Bold
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP/ 128 Defense/ 128 Sp. Defense
Moveset
Swagger
Thunder Wave
Substitude
Spikes/Foul Play

This Pokemon is used to annoy my opponent Pokemon and also set up Spikes. It really depends on luck though. Air Balloon will force my opponent to use other move first before using Earthquake.

Clawitzer
Item: Assult Vest
Nature: Modest
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 Special Attack/ 252 Defense/ 4 HP
Moveset
Water Pulse
Dark Pulse
Aura Sphere
Ice Beam/ Dragon Pulse
This Pokemon can cover many types and uses Assult Vest to survive a lot of hit. Now I need to know whether to use Ice Beam or Dragon Pulse since Ice Beam can deal 4x super effective damage on Pokemon while Dragon Pulse can't (and are immune to Fairy Type Pokemon).

Talonflame
Item: Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Attack/ 132 Speed/ 124 HP
Moveset:
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
Steel Wing
U-Turn

Choice Band Talonflame can OHKO a lot of Pokemon with Prority Brave Bird and other move are used as Coverages. Flare Blitz for STAB, Steel Wing are rarely used, but can help it to 2HKO Carbink and U-Turn can switch Talonflame out of battle if it was sent out and cannot do anything.

Aegislash
Item: Weakness Policy
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Defense/ 4 Attack
Moveset:
Sword Dance
King's Shield
Sacred Sword
Shadow Sneak

Aegislash can sweep your opponent team after Sword Dance + Weakness Policy if your opponent doesn't run any Normal Type Pokemon. Relaxed Nature + 252 HP/ 252 Defense allows Aegislash to survive Diggersby's Earthquake and OHKO it using Sacred Sword. Aegislash can be used instead of Talonflame in some matches.

Delphox
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Timid
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Special Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
Moveset:
Calm Mind
Psyshock
Fire Blast
Shadow Ball/ Grass Knot

I will rarely use Delphox, but sometime I will use it. After a Calm Mind, Delphox Special Attack should be enough to OHKO Pokemons. I can't choose whether to use Shadow Ball or Grass Knot though.

That is all for my Wifi Battle Team, any 6th member suggestion, also all help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Klefki- I recommend Thunder Wave, Spikes, Substitute (Or Protect), and Foul Play. Ability is great, and everything else is great.

Clawitzer- This one is perfect.

Talonflame- Perfect.

Aegislash- Versed one with this moveset and it is way hard to take down, unless you have a Pokemon with Flamethrower/Shadow Ball. So this one is perfect.

Delphox- I battle this one a lot really easy to get rid of. Since you have talonflame I recommend getting a better Psychic type like Reuniclus or Alakazam.

And for your 6th guy Maybe a Electric type or Ground type Pokemon.

venom1950

Ace Trainer
for your 6th? most def timid Galvantula with compound eyes with 252 in sp att and speed and move set like this:
sticky web
thunder
volt switch
bug buzz

you can use it as your first pokemon to set sticky web and then switch out or continue to attack the opponent with thunder and buzz.
compound eyes with thunder-perfect combination. i never use thunder because of its poor accurac. but with compound eyes it gets 21% more chance to hit.

also insted of delophox you need a mega pokemon
i would go with aerodactyl as he is a awesome sweeper.

aerodactyl like this one:
naive or naughty nature
252 in att and 252 in speed
aerodactylite (or whatever)
moves:
ancient power
iron head
fly
crunch

imo one of the best heavy hitters

chap196

Klefki- I recommend Thunder Wave, Spikes, Substitute (Or Protect), and Foul Play. Ability is great, and everything else is great.

Clawitzer- This one is perfect.

Talonflame- Perfect.

Aegislash- Versed one with this moveset and it is way hard to take down, unless you have a Pokemon with Flamethrower/Shadow Ball. So this one is perfect.

Delphox- I battle this one a lot really easy to get rid of. Since you have talonflame I recommend getting a better Psychic type like Reuniclus or Alakazam.

And for your 6th guy Maybe a Electric type or Ground type Pokemon.

Yeah, I really have a hard time choosing Foul Play or Spikes for Kelfki, I will try Foul Play. I think I am not clear enough, but the Special Rules format in Wifi Battle doesn't allow Pokemon that are not newly added in X and Y (only pokemon from pokedex number 650-715 are allowed), so I can't use Alakazam, but I will gladly accept replacement for Delphox. I think I will run Diggesby for the 6th member as it is a ground type and quite strong too with Huge Power.

For Venom1950
As I already said, Special Format only allows X and Y Pokemon, although I am interested in Sticky Web Galvantula, so I might try to use it in the normal Single Format. I already have Mega Mawile as a Mega Evolution in the other team though.

Thanks for the suggestion everybody.

venom1950

Ace Trainer
i think you can use all pokemon that you can find wild in Kalos and all of those which i suggested are wild.
mega mawile is nothing special. if you don't like aerodactyl then lucario or scizor. you really need a sweeper

chap196

i think you can use all pokemon that you can find wild in Kalos and all of those which i suggested are wild.
mega mawile is nothing special. if you don't like aerodactyl then lucario or scizor. you really need a sweeper

Unfortunately the special rules in Global Link said that only the newly found 69 Pokemon can be used in this mode, so Pokemon like Mega Evolution and Galvantula are not allowed. Although I might try Mega Lucario in other mode or Mega Pinsir.

noyu

Klefki
Item: Air Balloon
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 SpD
Moveset
Swagger
Thunder Wave
Substitute/Spikes
Foul Play

I changed the EV spread on Klefki. You should try to keep him out of situations where he's staring down the barrel of a special attacker, as they are more skilled at punching through his defenses and are far more likely to survive confusion+foul play damage. Bump up his defense to keep him at the top of his defensive wall game. Honestly, you can leave the EV spread as is, but I don't feel the SpD EV's are doing much for you (what OHKO's/2HKO's are you avoiding with them?)

As for his moves, Swagger+Foul Play work well together and honestly form the core of this set. Thunderwave is also a good choice for the set, and is a good investment as you have no other status moves present on your team. The floating move should be substitute (if you were to switch something for spikes) especially considering your lack of leftovers (not that I think the Air Balloon is a bad idea at all!)

Clawitzer
Item: Assult Vest
Nature: Modest
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 Special Attack/ 252 Defense/ 4 HP
Moveset
Water Pulse
Dark Pulse
Aura Sphere
Ice Beam/ Dragon Pulse

I like the idea of trying to shore up Clawitzer's weaknesses by using AV+Defensive EV's. I feel like he may be better optimized by dumping those EV's into HP, but it's splitting hairs at that point. I'm still wary about him, though, as I feel that he's still too frail to take too many hits, even with this setup. If you want to run him though (and will accept no substitutes) then this set is probably the closest to ideal. (Goodra would be an acceptable substitute at this position.)

Talonflame
Item: Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Attack/ 132 Speed/ 124 HP
Moveset:
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
Steel Wing/Roost/Tailwind
U-Turn

I don't disagree with the move choice on this one, but I included the possibility of running Roost and Tailwind in place of Steel Wing as well. Choice Band Talonflame generally will come in as a revenge killer, and Steel Wing gives you relatively little coverage on top of the usual STAB combo. I prefer to run Tailwind to allow Talonflame to be useful if I misjudge what my opponent is bringing (he can setup the rest of your party, even if they bring 3 counters) while Roost can be useful for some extended usage due to the recoil he often eats. The EV spread is odd, and I'm interested in what you have the Speed EV's to specifically outspeed; I'd usually run 252 Attack/252 HP/6 Spe to avoid a few OHKO's.

Aegislash
Item: Weakness Policy
Nature: Relaxed/Brave?
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Attack/ 6 Def or SpD
Moveset:
Sword Dance
King's Shield
Sacred Sword
Shadow Sneak

In your case, I'd definitely utilize Aegislash as the quintessential offensive pivot. Sacred Sword gives you some wallbreaking potential (walls are great setup-bait for Aegislash with Sacred Sword; only a few that pack powerful EQ's like Gliscor or Curse-Avalugg can truly threaten his setup) while maximizing attack EV's allows to dispatch many of the metagame's softer sweepers using +2 Shadow Sneak. The Defensive nature and EV's feel lackluster, as his shield form's defense is already so high that you will rarely experience a relevant scenario where you would prefer the defensive setup. I'd also personally switch the Weakness Policy for Leftovers, but Weakness Policy can be good for clutch situations or surprise switch-ins.

Delphox
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Timid
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Special Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
Moveset:
Calm Mind
Psyshock
Fire Blast/Flamethrower
Shadow Ball/ Grass Knot

Not too many problems with this set (not going to mention Magician, as it would lean to a very different set/usage.) I dislike the accuracy hit on Fire Blast and tend to prefer Flamethrower, but that's up to you (though power is usually not the concern with Calm Mind setup.) Between Shadow Ball and Grass Knot, they take care of two very different threats. I would personally run Grass Knot as you have Aegislash or Clawitzer that can answers many of the same threats that Shadow Ball would while you have few answers to Bulky Water-types.

Your sixth spot is extremely open, though my recommendation would be towards a Specially Defensive wall or some kind of team support (maybe a wish-based Sylveon, if you want to stick to the Special Rules?) I would use this sixth spot to experiment with many of the new Mon's and ways to run them, as your team is generally balanced enough to mesh well with several different players.

chap196

Thanks for all the suggestion Noyu. I might try changing Klefki EVs, but I usually lead with it though. I used to have the offensive Aegislash, but it usually faints to Diggersby's Earthquake, but I might come back to use it again. I never thought about running Sylveon, can you recommend a moveset?

noyu

I can see the thought on avoiding a Diggersby EQ with Aegislash, but I think Klefki would be the appropriate switch in there so that Aegislash isn't worrying about him. As for using Klefki as a lead, I'm not super big on it unless you 100% use spikes on him. Alternatively, you can use Talonflame to scout or gamble with Delphox; if they use a conventional dedicated lead, then you have at least 1-2 turns of Calm Mind setup while they do hazards/realize that you're running Calm Mind.

For Sylveon, you don't really need much offense as you already have a very offensive party. Your best bet is to use it as support and to soak some Special Attacks, and since Sylveon has access to Wish then you can use that to revitalize your party as you are currently short on recovery moves that could give you a bit of longevity.

Sylveon
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA
Moveset:
Wish
Protect
Moonblast/Draining Kiss
Toxic/Healbell/Shadowball/Baton Pass

This is basically the Wish Support set proposed on the Smogon discussion regarding Sylveon. Its Special Defense is a base 130 and additional investment there would be a waste of your EV's. Considering that you want as large of a Wish as possible, 252 HP EV's are definitely key. 252 Def EV's will ensure that a surprise mixed attacker won't OHKO Sylveon, though you could also go with full Special Attack investment. Moonblast vs. Draining Kiss will be oomph vs recovery, though keep in mind that non-super effective Draining Kisses are fairly lackluster. The last move is a toss-up: Shadow Ball will provide good coverage and something to do against Steel types; Toxic is always a good stall mechanic, especially paired with Wish+Protect; Heal Bell lets you remove any statuses from the rest of your party (like Paralysis/Toxic from Delphox or Clawitzer); and Baton Pass lets Sylveon eat a hit before you switch into another pokemon (making it into an odd defensive pivot.)

chap196

I can see the thought on avoiding a Diggersby EQ with Aegislash, but I think Klefki would be the appropriate switch in there so that Aegislash isn't worrying about him. As for using Klefki as a lead, I'm not super big on it unless you 100% use spikes on him. Alternatively, you can use Talonflame to scout or gamble with Delphox; if they use a conventional dedicated lead, then you have at least 1-2 turns of Calm Mind setup while they do hazards/realize that you're running Calm Mind.

For Sylveon, you don't really need much offense as you already have a very offensive party. Your best bet is to use it as support and to soak some Special Attacks, and since Sylveon has access to Wish then you can use that to revitalize your party as you are currently short on recovery moves that could give you a bit of longevity.

Sylveon
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA
Moveset:
Wish
Protect
Moonblast/Draining Kiss
Toxic/Healbell/Shadowball/Baton Pass

This is basically the Wish Support set proposed on the Smogon discussion regarding Sylveon. Its Special Defense is a base 130 and additional investment there would be a waste of your EV's. Considering that you want as large of a Wish as possible, 252 HP EV's are definitely key. 252 Def EV's will ensure that a surprise mixed attacker won't OHKO Sylveon, though you could also go with full Special Attack investment. Moonblast vs. Draining Kiss will be oomph vs recovery, though keep in mind that non-super effective Draining Kisses are fairly lackluster. The last move is a toss-up: Shadow Ball will provide good coverage and something to do against Steel types; Toxic is always a good stall mechanic, especially paired with Wish+Protect; Heal Bell lets you remove any statuses from the rest of your party (like Paralysis/Toxic from Delphox or Clawitzer); and Baton Pass lets Sylveon eat a hit before you switch into another pokemon (making it into an odd defensive pivot.)

Thanks for the suggestion, I would try Sylveon with that moveset and see how it goes. I don't really like to use Talonflame as a Lead, I usually use it to end the game by trying to eliminate Rock Type or high defense Pokemon first and end it with Talonflame. I might try leading with Delphox. And about Sylveon, it is really hard to choose the last move lol, I am not using Shadow Ball for sure, but the other 3 moves are really hard to choose.