• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Am I the only one who thinks these new designs look really poor/babyish?

Aside from Chespin, the other two are just rehashes of past pokemon. The water frog (The Seismitoad line) and the fire fox (Vulpix line) just look ridiculously childish for me.

And the legendaries just look too unusual. There isn't really any detail in them (Compared to ones like Dialga/Palkia and Groudon/Kyogre) and the whole "X and Y" theme is just strange. Is pokemon moving away from the whole colour/jewel themed games for letters?

And in 3D-3D pokemon games belong outside of the ds (E.g, battle revolution and XD gale of darkness) imo.

Overall I think gamefreak/whoever develops the games are just rushing this too much and because of it, hardly any thought is put in and we don't have that great of designs.

I mean, look at the sinnoh starters. Piplup-A penguin. Genius; there hasn't been a penguin pokemon before. And what makes it better is it gradually forms a steel type at it's final evolution, and shows off an impressive design. Things like Froakie (???) look absurd.

Someone please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that these rushed games are taking it's toll :(

My initial thoughts are actually that the starters designs and names look almost fan designed, but I'm sensible enough to wait before I write off the whole generation. I'm certain X and Y will be good on the whole, GF aren't going to let us down- the whole thing looks anything but rushed.

And how can you compare the starters to previous starters when we haven't even seen the whole lines yet? Be patient for gods sake.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm still hoping that the anime DOES NOT go CGI because this first main game in 3D

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
That whole fire gym looking area looks ****ing epic :O

e9310103838

Poor Best Wishes...... lol

I do not know who will be the next female companion to travel with Ash.

And I hope Cilan can stay behind...... ;388;

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Poor Best Wishes...... lol

I do not know who will be the next female companion to travel with Ash.

And I hope Cilan can stay behind...... ;388;

I actually think it'll be Iris just because she has a Dragonite & based on the trailer for pokémon X & Y, the Dratini line will be added to this region's pokédex

Ver-mont

I actually think it'll be Iris just because she has a Dragonite & based on the trailer for pokémon X & Y, the Dratini line will be added to this region's pokédex

Wow. Iris is confirmed then.

...No, that doesn't confirm anything. Iris will most likely leave just like every other female companion.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

BlueDragonfangirl

Wow. Iris is confirmed then.

...No, that doesn't confirm anything. Iris will most likely leave just like every other female companion.

Yah, no matter how popular the female main character is they always leave, or else May would still be here to this day. Now, any one can catch a new Dragon Pokemon besides Iris.

Brandon00151

Hmm I wonder since the Games are coming out at the same time how long will it be between the anime airing in Japan then Airing in the US.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
but I'm sensible enough to wait before I write off the whole generation. I'm certain X and Y will be good on the whole, GF aren't going to let us down- the whole thing looks anything but rushed.

Hold on there though, are you actually impressed with what youve seen so far or just blown away for a few hours by how nicely it has been presented? Got to say I agree with those who think it looks like a (albeit very good looking well designed) fanmade game.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hmm I wonder since the Games are coming out at the same time how long will it be between the anime airing in Japan then Airing in the US.

There will be a delay as the N arc is airing sooner in Japan then the dub.

KKS-Lapras

Hold on there though, are you actually impressed with what youve seen so far or just blown away for a few hours by how nicely it has been presented? Got to say I agree with those who think it looks like a (albeit very good looking well designed) fanmade game.

Fanmade? No, that's not the vibe most of us are getting. This is only the initial reveal, which was done mostly in 3d. I think the 5 Pokemon we have look cool. Seriously, it is entirely to early in a reveal to have peopling criticizing stuff yet.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus

Basically, I think the starters look fanmade for the moment. I'm confident once I see the evolutions I'll withdraw that opinion, as everything else I saw in that trailer I thought looked bloomin' wonderful! I have high hopes for the rest of the lines. For the record, I prefer the 'Y' legendary atm, everyone else seems to prefer the 'X' deer thing. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.