• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Oh yeah, next generation, I'm picking a Grass Type starter !
Wow, the Y and X looks awesome, I can't wait to see more. I'm pretty sure that, in this generation, there will be new evolutions (like maybe for Eevee, or Pokémon one staged).

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Anybody seeing an Eevee on that statue or is it just me??

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Fanmade? No, that's not the vibe most of us are getting. This is only the initial reveal, which was done mostly in 3d. I think the 5 Pokemon we have look cool. Seriously, it is entirely to early in a reveal to have peopling criticizing stuff yet.

I would disagree with you there. It's ok to have initial criticisms, as long as people understand that they'll likely change them once the shock of a new gen is over. Personally, even now I find myself liking the starters more than I did an hour ago.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Fanmade? No, that's not the vibe most of us are getting. This is only the initial reveal, which was done mostly in 3d. I think the 5 Pokemon we have look cool. Seriously, it is entirely to early in a reveal to have peopling criticizing stuff yet.

Basically, I think the starters look fanmade for the moment. I'm confident once I see the evolutions I'll withdraw that opinion, as everything else I saw in that trailer I thought looked bloomin' wonderful! I have high hopes for the rest of the lines. For the record, I prefer the 'Y' legendary atm, everyone else seems to prefer the 'X' deer thing. :/

Haha Im not getting judgemental yet, I wouldnt have posted what I just did if streetlight hadnt posted that :) You both, I dont mean the games, the overall mechanics look fantastic and so does the presentation, it all seems beautiful.

I cant wait to see this European scene transferred to the animé because it looked very nice in the Darkrai and Zoroark movies, all the rivers and town squares and all that, but pardon my opinion, something about the look of the starters and that legendary I pointed out just doesnt bode well for me what Ken Sugimori has designed in terms of new Pokemon. Sorry!

Last edited:

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Basically, I think the starters look fanmade for the moment. I'm confident once I see the evolutions I'll withdraw that opinion, as everything else I saw in that trailer I thought looked bloomin' wonderful! I have high hopes for the rest of the lines. For the record, I prefer the 'Y' legendary atm, everyone else seems to prefer the 'X' deer thing. :/

We always dislike the starters at first,then we start to like them.We'll hate their evolutions too...then we'll like them.It's how it works.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Based on the image below, i guess this new region would be in a complete new area like Unova was and would be separate from all the past 5 regions.

[IMG139]http://i50.*******.com/2822ob8_th.jpg[/IMG139]

The reason i say that is because that image contains one of the route names which incidentally is Route 3. This in a way proves that the new region is not connected to either Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh or Unova.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
This is gonna be sick! I'm leaning towards grass, but if the fire becomes fire/psychic, I'm going for that!

spikyearedpichu

Dawn of the XY Era
I thought it was a fire type gym but looking closely is a fighting type gym...is a steel cage base gym ala MMA / UFC maybe the gym leader is a wrestler or fighter!!

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Is it just me, or does the main male character looks like Hilbert from BW? Same hat, same clothing.
Edit: forgot Hilbert's name :p

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
We always dislike the starters at first,then we start to like them.We'll hate their evolutions too...then we'll like them.It's how it works.

Yeah... that's basically what I said.

I like the fact we have a mammalian grass starter though, that's cool.

joej m

Club Double Trouble
if they dont bring double battles in then my existence with pokemon couldnt be the same. >.<
i battle VGC style competitive. but since nintendo holds vgc events, i am assuming that it will still be there...
but i was really hoping for some double battle footage in it though... :/

Ver-mont

Wasn't this supposed to be a thread discussing X and Y in the anime?

Because this is the thread for discussing the content of the announcement.

coolminun

Banned
I love chespin/ He reminds me of petilil, slowking and pachirisu. I can already tell, that Froakie is going to be a beast. Everyone seems to think he's meh, but did you see that ninja like move he used on that patrat. Pokemon Y's flying type looks scary. I'm getting Y

dman_dustin

Not really I initially like these starters than 5th generation, only Chespin is a lukewarm response but even then it's not terrible by any means. I don't know I think they're just more fun looking than Tepig, Oshawott, or Snivy,
----

Anyway I hope we do get some 6th gen in the tail end of 5th gen anime. And I'm very curious if they plan on mentioning X and Y after this Thursday's episode, or are they going to wait?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Based on the image below, i guess this new region would be in a complete new area like Unova was and would be separate from all the past 5 regions.

[IMG139]http://i50.*******.com/2822ob8_th.jpg[/IMG139]

The reason i say that is because that image contains one of the route names which incidentally is Route 3. This in a way proves that the new region is not connected to either Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh or Unova.

Gotta agree here, although they seem to have older Pokemon pre league so idk exactly.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Wasn't this supposed to be a thread discussing X and Y in the anime?

Because this is the thread for discussing the content of the announcement.

Well, like I said above Im excited, based on how the Darkrai and Zoroark movies looked how the European look translates to the screen :D

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
So, the reason that rainbow-antler dear like pokemon is X is because of its eyes and the dark red bird is Y because of its shape.

[IMG139]http://i45.*******.com/ejiqsn_th.jpg[/IMG139] [IMG139]http://i49.*******.com/16h3gyb_th.jpg[/IMG139]

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Yes, eyes and probably because of it's stance.

It's horns can be the top X lines and it's legs can be the bottom X lines.

Yeah, I know it's body will not make it look much like an X, but still.

Anyway, maybe Bianca will reappear in the games, hence the anime and have a Chespin.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAFwyCnCMAArvbh.jpg:large

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.