• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
See my post again Robert I forgot to post, yes he does have face like Archeops but otherwise its features are pretty wyvern like anyway we are still just speculating.

DracoMaster121

Strategy Trainer
There is small part of Mascot Y being draconian and reptilian, it just goes with that reptile evolving into birds or bird evolving into reptiles thing.

Not that it means it will be a dragon type, there's no guarantee that it'll be flying either.

Reptile evolving into birds and exactly.
I agree with the mammalian point about Reshiram.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
See my post again Robert I forgot to post, yes he does have face like Archeops but otherwise its features are pretty wyvern like anyway we are still just speculating.

Ya but he'e all sleek, not bulky. Plus he seems to have actual wings not what ever the heck Reshiram has.

dman_dustin

Ya but he'e all sleek, not bulky. Plus he seems to have actual wings not what ever the heck Reshiram has.

Wait hold on.

You compare Mascot Y with Archeops, but you don't see how that could mean dragon type.

You do realize dragons are reptilian creatures, right? Or in some cases in Pokémon mythical creatures.

Archeops could potentially have been a dragon type, it can even learn dragon moves.

Dragons/Reptiles/Dinosaurs are interrelated in many ways.

It's not like we're comparing a slug to fox or anything like that.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Wait hold on.

You compare Mascot Y with Archeops, but you don't see how that could mean dragon type.

You do realize dragons are reptilian creatures, right? Or in some cases in Pokémon mythical creatures.

Archeops could potentially have been a dragon type, it can even learn dragon moves.

Dragons/Reptiles/Dinosaurs are interrelated in many ways.

It's not like we're comparing a slug to fox or anything like that.

I get that, but he is still a bird lol. I'm just over the whole dragon legendary craze, some new birds would be cooler.

Chomper4

I think Ash's new rival will start with Fennekin, which Ash will catch onw of his own along with a Froakie.

dman_dustin

I would prefer the rival to not have any Pokemon that are from the same evolutionary line as Ash's Pokemon.

Agreed, I think it's utter bull crap when Ash has to compete with rivals and their starter Pokémon.

Can't the writers be creative for once, and let Ash handle the starters, and his rivals handle other generation starters or other Pokémon period.

I'd love it if Ash had a rival with Meganium or something.

Snorby

Snorby
Birds don't have to be flyers... does that mean Driblim is a bird because it's part Flying? Is Tornadus Incarnate form a bird?

Birds actually always are flyers. You mean not all Flyers are Birds.

If you meant not all birds are flyers, I demand you find me a Pokemon Bird that doesn't have the -flying typing.

Also, I say New Rival gets Fennakin (or something else, just not something Ash has), Ash gets Chespin (Oshawott throat-shoving style) and Ash also gets Froakie, who goes all the way.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Birds actually always are flyers. You mean not all Flyers are Birds.

If you meant not all birds are flyers, I demand you find me a Pokemon Bird that doesn't have the -flying typing.

Also, I say New Rival gets Fennakin (or something else, just not something Ash has), Ash gets Chespin (Oshawott throat-shoving style) and Ash also gets Froakie, who goes all the way.
Piplup and Torchic (based off flightless birds, but birds none the less) Blaziken even get's Brave Bird

Snorby

Snorby
Piplup and Torchic (based off flightless birds, but birds none the less) Blaziken even get's Brave Bird

Exactly, they are Flightless Y Bird is very, very, very clearly not flightless. Therefore, those aren't valid examples.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Agreed, I think it's utter bull crap when Ash has to compete with rivals and their starter Pokémon.

Can't the writers be creative for once, and let Ash handle the starters, and his rivals handle other generation starters or other Pokémon period.

I'd love it if Ash had a rival with Meganium or something.
At least Paul didn't use Torterra much, but it still somehow screwed Ash's just as much as Infernape's plot. So yeah, rather Ash and his rival not share anything at all

Exactly, they are Flightless Y Bird is very, very, very clearly not flightless. Therefore, those aren't valid examples.
You said all Birds are flyers and asked for ones that weren't... those are still birds regardless since they are treated as such with their movepools (learning Flying moves through level up)

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Birds don't have to be flyers... does that mean Driblim is a bird because it's part Flying? Is Tornadus Incarnate form a bird?

I know, I mean bird looking, they don't necessarily have to be flying typed.

pokeaussie37

I can't help but wonder about the simultaneous release and how that will affect the anime here in the real world, the dub having been delayed from the raw for quite some time, I can't see them running concurrently. Precedence has been set in the dub that BW started quite a while before the games were released, if my memory serves.

Theoretically, we have until October until the raw finishes, but will the dubbers simply go the route that Gen VI's anime starts when it starts or do you think they will do something to make it run closer to the release of the games e.g. run a couple of double episodes to catch up closer to the raw from the 14 or so episodes it's behind at the moment?

I cannot see, however, the raw finishing Best Wishes before the release of the games, so I only imagine that it's going to affect the dub, just some food for thought.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
When have they ever had an arc dedicated to a remake game? Yes, they went back to Kanto after Hoenn, but that was a year or two later.

They wouldnt even need to revisit the region though. Look at how easily the writers drafted TR into BW, if they didnt want to go to Hoenn, TA or TM could visit the Gen 6 region.

Manene!

I think Ash's new rival will start with Fennekin, which Ash will catch onw of his own along with a Froakie.
]Ash's rivals don't really appear enough have a starter, really. The end up just giving Ash that same Pokemon. I'd rather see one of Ash's companions to get it. That way Ash doesn't.

If Eevee does get a new evolution(s), I think that's what Ash's rival should have. Or maybe even the region's "Pikachu"? It'd give Pikachu a true rival too.

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
a couple of gym leaders will join Ash but thats it... :yao:

Status
Not open for further replies.