• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

Damn, the art seems a little faded in color in comparison to 5th gen anime, but at least it's not in 3D.

I guess they are trying to make the art style as close to the games as possible (minus the 3D, of course). Since 2D-wise the starters look similar to the game version.

And damn....Fennekin looks male. Thank Anime, for ruining my hopes of a female Fennekin.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Wow Satoshi actually looks kinda of older in that picture, little taller, I like the clothing(maybe its just me).

Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie art looks pretty nice also.

Tks for the info.

Damn, the art seems a little faded in color in comparison to 5th gen anime, but at least it's not in 3D.

I guess they are trying to make the art style as close to the games as possible (minus the 3D, of course). Since 2D-wise the starters look similar to the game version.

And damn....Fennekin looks male. Thank Anime, for ruining my hopes of a female Fennekin.

The art style will probably be the same, no way it would go 3D.

Looks the same to me, this is concept art, we haven't seen actual anime scenes but its probably going to be the same as we currently have.

Did it really need to be female? why does it look like a male anyway? they are all doing fierce poses instead of, "HEY WE ARE CUTE POSES!" but I don't see how that makes said pokemon male.

With that said, get them all Satoshi they all look great :D.

This article(source article) has the logo, I guess it looks cool.

I was expecting a trailer in August but I guess now with this news and the Alexa episode coming up we migth get one sooner if not, I'll still go with August and now that we have that Pokemon Show in August it makes even more sense.

http://news.mynavi.jp/news/2013/06/30/044/

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

dman_dustin

At least it's nice to actually get a release date confirmed.

I wonder how long before we see trailers for this new anime. For all the fun speculation we're going to get to discuss.

Edit: You know all of the starters look like fierce battlers, I can't see how Ash isn't getting them all.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
At least it's nice to actually get a release date confirmed.

I wonder how long before we see trailers for this new anime. For all the fun speculation we're going to get to discuss.

Like I said, I'm expecting it this month now but August at most.

About the fierceness, like I said, this migth just be concept art.

Like here is Satoshi and his new set of clothes and here are the 3 starters of this region.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Just like Calem I really like Ash's new design. I also find it quite interesting that Ash will start of in Lumiose City, usually he starts in the same place the game does.

It's still possible, it just says he's traveling to Lumiose City, it might take him a few episodes to get there.

I was going to say something else but I forgot, it'll come to me later.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Ash looks good on the poster. The artwork seems more detail oriented really good.

Strange he goes to Lumiose city first. But I belive he will reach the prof very fast.

Oct. 17th CAN'T WAIT !!!!!!!!

I'm liking Ash's new clothes. Probably one of my favorites since AG. Guess it's because there's more blue, less white, and a more visible black shirt. Hopefully we get a trailer soon showing more characters, or at least silhouettes. Or somehow we can find out a character like we did with Iris in some sort of leak concept art of an episode. Any of those would be great to see sooner or later.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
Ohhh I really love that new outfit for ash! Looks perfect for him! It makes him looks so much more...I dunno...grown up?

"Meeting new pokemon and new friends"
Well there go most of my hopes for Cilan being brought back -sob-....i'll go to the corner where the rest of the Pokemon fans that cry about their character being removed are.

nuzamaki90

Ash's outfit looks so freaking cool it's not even funny. Look at that damn hat, and those shoes, I haven't been this happy for a design change for Ash since Hoenn, and Hoenn's outfit was unbeatable (Get it? Get it ? Come oooooooooooooon)

Edit: So he's starting off in Lumiose rather than Vaniville? It's a nice change and I guess it makes sense since he's with Alexa. I just wonder if this means he'll be going backwards with the gym order and how he meets the Vaniville Teens.

Edit 2: Chespin's artwork is a prime example of "Come at me bro!"

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Glad they are keeping with the pattern of the popped collar. It does give ash a more serious look than the hoodie. Froakie looks the best in that animation style, but fennekin looks a little weird, imo.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Ohhh I really love that new outfit for ash! Looks perfect for him! It makes him looks so much more...I dunno...grown up?

"Meeting new pokemon and new friends"
Well there go most of my hopes for Cilan being brought back -sob-....i'll go to the corner where the rest of the Pokemon fans that cry about their character being removed are.

No reason he can't appear as a surprise to Ash like Brock did in Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
It would be nice if Ash would challenge the Luminose GL right away and loose and than he goes to Vaniville city-Santalune city.

I believe we will get an introduction episode for the XY characters like we got for Dawn.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
It's probably just me, but does Ash look...taller than he does in BW?

nuzamaki90

Man why does this artwork make Ash look so older? I love it but I don't want to be tricked again when the first episode says he's "10 years old" still...But seriously, those jeans make him look taller, and idk, they're aren't as baggy as his jeans usually are.

But those shoes......Y they no sell them in rl Pokemon Centers :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.