• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

You're right, that was definitely one of the bad animation directors they put in charge of it. The movements of the characters seemed too slow and clumsy and there was some slightly off-model art too. Pretty bad choice for hyping up the first episode, in any case.

At least in the past, they were able to get the mediocre-to-decent Izumi Shimura to do the first episode of each series, I wonder what happened to that pattern.

Well, not to talk everything down. The starters looked cute and footage of Ash always makes me happy :D

Just so we're clear, this is the first trailer, not really indicative of the final product.

I say this because the footage of Pikachu vs Snivy for 5th generation was different than what happened.

LizardonX

Banned
Despite what the trailer may suggest, in the end chespin will be the screenhog.

diakyu

I really liked the way ash looked and I didn't feel like the animation was tacky. I felt it was definitely a step up.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I hope this mean Ash catches all 3 starters again! I don't know, it kinda looks like what they did for BW during DP, show the starters not the owner though.

And they all look really cute too. I could see them all being treated the same.

ZeoViolet

I'd like to contribute but I haven't SEEN this animation yet. I'd like to! Can anyone point it out? The thing someone posted on YouTube fifteen minutes ago was only gameplay footage. They cut out the rest.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
They actually showed the Isshu starters being caught though, this was just the professor room with the starters, not sure if the professor will give him one, I guess not since hes not a starting trainer, unless one of them follows him like Oshawott.

Like I said I hope he does capture the 3 though.

Also seeing the trailer again, is Chespin farting or what? hes like UIGHGNNGHNGNHG, YAY!

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I hope this mean Ash catches all 3 starters again! I don't know, it kinda looks like what they did for BW during DP, show the starters not the owner though.

And they all look really cute too. I could see them all being treated the same.

I hope he doesn't catch all three, and only froakie. Isn't looking good though, and probably a repeat of bw with his team unbalanced.

p96822

Evolve me please
Why do we need nice animation? Can we just look at the story then how nice it looks. I take story over looks any day.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Wait, that's it? The way people were talking about it I thought it would be a lot better. I mean the Kalos Starters just looked cute (well, Fennekin and Froakie did imo) and Ash's over-dramatic shout when he got off the airplane was unnecessary and proves that he still hasn't matured much. The animation didn't look any different to me though.

Why do we need nice animation? Can we just look at the story then how nice it looks. I take story over looks any day.

There's never been much of a story line in this series though, so the animation has always been the saving grace imo.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
So guys better argue why did the prof show Ash the starters? There is no obvious reason! Right ?

my new theory is Ash carrying the pokes to Vanniville town cause the prof has to continue to pretend to be a homeless guy (just for research of course).

They actually showed the Isshu starters being caught though, this was just the professor room with the starters, not sure if the professor will give him one, I guess not since hes not a starting trainer, unless one of them follows him like Oshawott.

Also seeing the trailer again, is Chespin farting or what? hes like UIGHGNNGHNGNHG, YAY!
Agreeing with you fully. And I had thought the same while looking at Chespin.

Because it's nice to have?! No one is saying animation is the more important than story but I personally love it when a show or movie is nice to look at.

Or go to the bathroom right on the floor. Imagine Professor Sycamore's reaction to that one!

LizardonX

Banned

All the reused stock animation contibuted to the low quality stories of the Da episodes.

Out of the 3 labmons, i dont see any of them going to ash, he'll most likely capture a hyperactive chespin, abused fennekin, and comedic froakie.

dman_dustin

Okay, have your hypothetical drawn by kids Pokemon series, written by whoever you'd classify as top notch writers.

Wait, that's it? The way people were talking about it I thought it would be a lot better. I mean the Kalos Starters just looked cute (well, Fennekin and Froakie did imo) and Ash's over-dramatic shout when he got off the airplane was unnecessary and proves that he still hasn't matured much. The animation didn't look any different to me though.

There's never been much of a story line in this series though, so the animation has always been the saving grace imo.

I honestly don't know why people think the animation isn't different than Best Wishes. Have you actually seen Best Wishes anime, it is very different than XY, I mean it isn't totally different, but no way in hell is it exactly the same.

Last edited:

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten

Not like there's much else of note.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't know if you know where the word "anime" comes from...? Also, I'm not sure about you but I saw nothing resembling a "story" in this clip, it was simply too short for that. So of course the visual part is the one you can judge best at this point :p

diakyu

So guys better argue why did the prof show Ash the starters? There is no obvious reason! Right ?
He might not even be showing them to Ash. We don't know who is looking at the starters in the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.