• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Do you think Bulba will want to go with Ash to Kalos (to promote Sycamore's starters in XY)?

Luthor

Do you think Bulba will want to go with Ash to Kalos (to promote Sycamore's starters in XY)?

i doubt it. Bulbasaur being given away by Sycamore i think sort of relate to all 3's final forms getting megaevolutions and sadly i can't see bulbasaur evolving.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
At this point, I don't want to see Bulbasaur and Squirtle evolving...

If they brought back Charizard in BW with no important reason, I can see him returning in XY to show the Mega Evolution.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
I really love the Blastoise and Charizard mega forms. It´s like Charizard did some sit ups and got into right form. Blastoise on the other hand looks more powerful with the gun redistribution.

But I don´t think mega evolution will be that common in the anime, maybe at the league but not before maybe in the gyms. would be odd if they were that common.

As May had Bulba and Squirtle I could see some of the travel companions get Charmander. Even though I wanted Iris to get a little Charmander.

This is really a torture we are 43 days aka 6 weeks away from the anime premier and we don´t have any clue on the travel companions.

Since you apparently need the "Mega Ring"-wristband thing to trigger Mega evolution, is it safe to say that Ash will wear one? We can't see it in any art or trailers if I recall correctly... but maybe he gets it at some point, or just uses it temporarily IF he even triggers the evolution at any point. What about other characters? Or will they just not include the Mega Ring and figure out some other way to showcase Mega's?

Janovy

Banned
[IMG300]http://serebii.net/direct98.jpg[/IMG300]

So, that dog that was seen on the airport when Ash arrives to Kalos. This might just be it. XD

Attachments

• direct98.jpg
    direct98.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 16

diakyu

Since you apparently need the "Mega Ring"-wristband thing to trigger Mega evolution, is it safe to say that Ash will wear one? We can't see it in any art or trailers if I recall correctly... but maybe he gets it at some point, or just uses it temporarily IF he even triggers the evolution at any point.
It makes sense that Ash doesn't have one on in the trailer. He won't get a Pokemon strong enough to use it until later in the saga.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Good point Munchy. Just looked at Korrina´s official artwork. I don´t see her having one.She has a white glow but nothing like in the trailer.

This new Poke could almost be an Eeveeloution! X-/ It looks quite like Absol. Could be a strong Fairy type that isn´t that cute more powerful!

Last edited:

diakyu

Good point Munchy. Just looked at Korrina´s official artwork. I don´t see her having one.She has a white glow but nothing like in the trailer.
She has it on her glove.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
I really hope that Mega-evos get more than a 1 or 2 episode of game-service. Seeing as its as big as Contests where I really hope its featured heavily in the anime. With either Ash or someone he is travelling with aiming to collect the stones and master the new forms. Ash not getting a mega-stone to evolve Charizard would be a waste of prime-time promotion!
Please X and Y anime, be Mega-evo heavy!

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
If Ash's Charizard or other of his Pokémon become Mega someday, I hope it won't be early in the anime. For the beginning I prefer to see the focus more on the Kalos Pokémon and later (maybe during the second half of the series) see some of Ash's Pokémon Megaevolving, maybe during a competition similar to the Battle Frontier.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
You do realize Gary and Ash's rivalry ended, he wouldn't said that or scoff at him.

Gary started to respect Ash after their Silver Conference battle, but that doesn't mean the rivalry is over. Hence why there was still slight tension and competitiveness between them when Pikachu faced Electivire AND when Ash evolved Gligar..

He could quite easily turn up, having began a study on mega-evolution and request a battle with Ash in order to show off what he's learned. Then he'd obviously send out Blastoise to face Charizard and scoff at Ash when Blastoise mega-evolves..

It's pretty much your typical Ash/Gary scenario..

Gary started to respect Ash after their Silver Conference battle, but that doesn't mean the rivalry is over. Hence why there was still slight tension and competitiveness between them when Pikachu faced Electivire AND when Ash evolved Gligar..

He could quite easily turn up, having began a study on mega-evolution and request a battle with Ash in order to show off what he's learned. Then he'd obviously send out Blastoise to face Charizard and scoff at Ash when Blastoise mega-evolves..

It's pretty much your typical Ash/Gary scenario..

And why I never want that back.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
I really really doubt Ash will bring back Squirtle or Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur no way cause it´s essence is about not evolving, and Squirtle is really busy.

It´s more likely a travel companion will get a starter and go all the way.

If they keep introducing Mega evolutions, at least Ash has an excuse to evolve his Pokémon... as if.

diakyu

Hmmm, I wonder if this is why Charizard has done nothing since his return.

sandy ketchum

Charizard is the only pokemon that ash can megaevolve. May be thats why charizard was brought back.

Status
Not open for further replies.