• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I'm just interested to see how they do incorporate it. I really can't see the Digivice concept working within the anime after all this time..

I feel as though they could pull it off best without an item, but instead by simply utilising the power of a strong bond. That way Ash and Charizard can easily train and start using it after Gary shows off Blastoise (wishful thinking)..

I wouldn't be surprised if there's an arc with a character who is unable to get their Pokemon to mega evolve, so they need to build a stronger bond with it. Perhaps it could be the arc of a traveling companion?

Nodame

Misty <3
Yeah, you're probably right, I don't think we'll be seeing any of the past traveling companions return, along with a mega-evolution. What I would like to see though is May get a reference or flashback at least, since Misty has had her share in both DP and BW after her guest appearances.
I really want May reference or anything related to her.
Everything about may was handeld pretty well ( her development, rivals and contests) It's a shame that such a great character is forgotten like that.

I think it would be really awesome to see Gary come back with Mega-Blastoise and introduce Ash to Mega-Evolution. He went to Sinnoh when Ash did. Maybe he can go to Kalos, too.

Janovy

Banned
I'm just interested to see how they do incorporate it. I really can't see the Digivice concept working within the anime after all this time..

I feel as though they could pull it off best without an item, but instead by simply utilising the power of a strong bond. That way Ash and Charizard can easily train and start using it after Gary shows off Blastoise (wishful thinking)..
But then we would have to question: if Ash and Charizard's bond was always so strong, why didn't he Mega Evolve before?

I think that's why Megastones are necessary.

sandy ketchum

I think mega evolutions only occur during battles and are not permanent evolutions. since items arent in the anime they could be activated like an ability of a pokemon.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
But then we would have to question: if Ash and Charizard's bond was always so strong, why didn't he Mega Evolve before?

Not necessarily. Maybe a Pokemon has to reach a certain "level" or undergo some special training to trigger the Mega Evolution in the anime.

sandy ketchum

Because it didnt exist before. The writers are megaevolving charizard for the sake of advertising the new games. i dont think megastones will be used. i think it would be activated during battles like infernapes blaze

ShinyCharyZard

Well, no.. because we should all be able to logically remember that these forms didn't exist until this generation and thus not question it.

They could easily make it work on a simple bond, with mega-evolution occurring only when a trainer and Pokemon's hearts are connected as one while in the heat of a battle.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The writers would confront so many flame wars and confused children who know how to activate those forms (not that they are being assaulted with this for the latest movie).

They retcon a lot of things. There's a chance Mega Stones will exist in the anime. I know friendship and all that crap is super awesome in the anime world, but this is just pushing it if they only need that for more powerful Pokémon. And if it's not Ash doing that at all, people will explode.

Janovy

Banned
Not necessarily. Maybe a Pokemon has to reach a certain "level" or undergo some special training to trigger the Mega Evolution in the anime.
I guess so. At least that would allow it not to be overused in the anime.

They could easily make it work on a simple bond, with mega-evolution occurring only when a trainer and Pokemon's hearts are connected as one while in the heat of a battle.
But that's my problem, Ash always is fully connected with his Pokemon, he always talks about being friends with Pokémon and stuff.

dman_dustin

Because it didnt exist before. The writers are megaevolving charizard for the sake of advertising the new games. i dont think megastones will be used. i think it would be activated during battles like infernapes blaze

I don't buy that reasoning since it doesn't make sense.

Otherwise why does male Kirlia need a Dawn stone to evolve?

It's the same thing. Triggers. Something can only trigger if conditons are met.

Mega evolutions need mega stones because that's how they are triggered.

However, I could easily see Ash being an exception, there are of course exceptions. Maybe Ash could be special and have it be a plot point in the anime without needing mega stones. That would be perfectly acceptable. Just not everyone.

Well, no.. because we should all be able to logically remember that these forms didn't exist until this generation and thus not question it.

Or they could just use a mega stone and not have to even deal with the plot hole. There could be an entire arc based around finding the mega stone and learning how to activate it.

ShinyCharyZard

Or they could just use a mega stone and not have to even deal with the plot hole. There could be an entire arc based around finding the mega stone and learning how to activate it.

They could, but then they'd have to incorporate everything and really I'm pretty uncomfortable with Ash using a Digivice, because its just not "him" to force something out of a Pokemon.. I mean look how much he hated the thought of forcing Gligar's evolution.

Janovy

Banned
They could, but then they'd have to incorporate everything and really I'm pretty uncomfortable with Ash using a Digivice, because its just not "him" to force something out of a Pokemon.. I mean look how much he hated the thought of forcing Gligar's evolution.
It's not really forcing if both he and his Pokemon are alright.

This evolution requires strong bond as well so it's only natural Ash's Pokemon would be okay with it. It's only temporary.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash

What if they work like Piplup's Everstone? Basically Ash holds the stone in his bag and the transformation may happen when Ash and his Pokemon are in complete sync and/or in a pinch (similar to Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent/Swarm).

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8

but it is not a real evo. They can revert back

ShinyCharyZard

What if they work like Piplup's Everstone? Basically Ash holds the stone in his bag and the transformation may happen when Ash and his Pokemon are in complete sync and/or in a pinch (similar to Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent/Swarm).

I think I could grow to accept that. I just don't like the concept of the device being used to trigger it, which I really need to stop calling a Digivice, even though that's effectively what it is..

Can any of you seriously imagine Ash using that anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.