• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Froakie -> Frogadier -> Final stage. (Water/Fighting?) Hopefully his final evolution will be water/fighting.
2. Charmander -> Charmeleon -> Charizard. (Fire/Flying) He is my favorite Kanto starter and I cant wait to use his mega evolved form.
3. Helioptile. (Normal/Electric) I hope his evolved form is very powerful and has a great design. Otherwise I might switch him out for another pokemon.
4. Malamar (Dark/Psychic). With only 2 weaknesses and one immunity. This pokemon will be a strong competitor.
5. Honedge -> Doublade (Steel/Ghost) I cant wait to use this pokemon. He will be a great asset to my team.
6. Tyrunt -> Tyrantrum (Rock/ Dragon) i have always wanted to use a T-rex pokemon. So I will use him unless his large amount of weaknesses begin to hold me back.

The reason that I chose these pokemon is because they all have great typings and designs. I do not repeat a single type for any pokemon, which is rare for me. Normally I have one type in common with another on my team.
Hopefully this team will be strong and bring me to the end without a hitch.

Last edited:

ShikabaneHime13

My Y team (as Y will be my main game) is likely to consist of Fennekin, Sylveon, Meowstic (female), Skiddo, Pancham and Fletchling in the early stages of the game. Before the pokemon league, I'd likely have Fennekin (whatever his/her final evolution is), Sylveon, Pangoro, Mewtwo Y (I'm fond of this mega-evolution), Gogoat, and Tyrantrum.

For my X team, I'll be obtaining Fennekin (sucker for fire types), Litleo, Fletchling, Inkay, Charmander, Meowstic (male). Haven't fully planned out my strategy yet as I never really plan ahead. I more often than not just pick and choose as I go along in the games.

croagunk22

My team will definitely have the torchic in it and pancham, chespin, and with the kanto starters im stuck I love charmander but I don't know if I want two fire type so I might go with squirtle the rest will be kalos pokemon no more oldies

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'll be starting with Fennekin; I may or may not use Skiddo, Tyrunt, and/or Swirlix.

I'll probably stick to Gen VI Pokemon on a first run, and I won't do any fancy challenges like mono-type or Nuzlocke or whatever. If there's a Challenge Mode, though, I will use that.

Wulava said:
We cannot make a thread like that YET. We have to wait until the game's release, when the whole Dex is revealed.

oh

Greekboy

It's hard to decide with all the cool pokemon released so far, as well as the return of some oldies from Gens 1-5, but some candidates are definitely Pangoro, Tyrantrum, Aurarus, Pyroar, and Blastoise. My starter is 100% going to be Chespin, by the way.

I still need to get a flying team member, and sadly none of the released flying types are really sufficing for me yet

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I am largely undecided! I will go with probably Fennekin as my starter, unless third forms leak before which could change my opinion, as it is the starter line I like the most so far. Joining it would be Tyrunt as well given I like fossil Pokemon and especially like this guy and his evolution. The others depend on what I see in my run! But bar the kanto starters maybe, I would be sticking with just sixth gen Pokemon. After all, those are the guys I have not used yet, after all.

Pancham rates up as well, I suppose. I liked its design in particular too.
I still need to get a flying team member, and sadly none of the released flying types are really sufficing for me yet
Same. I just like abusing the Fly HM.

MerCurry

Functioning Idiot
Totally rotating on my X file.

//OMGPUN!

Fennekin, and Tyrunt might be the only solid teamates since I could NEVER pass up fossils, and I loved lil Fenne ever since I saw it. //plusI'maFireAbuser.

So far; Noivern, Spritzee, Bulbasaur, Inkay are the only ones that I know I will catch. Going hog-wild getting the others. dB Until I find a Kalos Grass Type other than GoGoat; Bulbasaur's gonna linger on my team. Alllll Kalos Pokes.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I'm still very undecided! I remember during the BW pre-release I wanted every second Pokemon revealed to be on my team, and that's not too far from the case for XY at the moment!

Like many others, I think I'll stick to using Kalos Pokemon on my team. I'm leaning towards Froakie as a starter, and I'd like to use Malamar as well, but apart from that I'm not too sure. Pancham is another that I'd like to use, but we'll see!

The only ones guaranteed in my team are Chespin and Fletchling. Just two, that's a first with Pokemon games, where I usually have a whole team decides beforehand. I think I'm going to play the games quite casually and catch any random Pokemon in my team, and if I find something I like more than the ones currently in team, I replace them or just rotate. Can't wait to be surprised with the new Pokemon!

I'd like to have a Fairy-type and a Mega evolution of something in my team, so we'll see what else the games will offer. If I'd have to choose out of the ones we know, I'm thinking Sylveon... not sure on the mega though.

EeveeTamer

Dark Shadow
I like to challenge myself and create a team that is based off of one primary type. This time around I am going with a Fire Team. So far confirmed are Fennekin, Talonflame, and Pyroar. Looking at picking charmader, houndour, Torchic or magmar line to fill in gaps. I hopes that there will be more than just three new fire pokemon this generation I am hoping to use all new fire types.

adamfitz

poké-lover
I have no idea what I'm going to do when I'm playing half blind to the Dex
I'll be catching every pokemon :D

My definite team members are Froakie, Helioptile and Amaura (+evolutions)
Here's a pic I made of all my favorites so far
Froakie-frogaider
Helioptile
Amaura-Aurorus
Scatterbug-Spewpa-vivilion
Meowstic
Inkay-Malamar
Sylveon
Swirlix
Bunnelby
Spritzee

And of course xerneas is in there
It's my favorite legendary design so far!

IMG_20130928_153418.jpg

____

As always I will only use pokemon from this generation
I won't use any MEGAS unless they are kalos pokemon
And no legendary pokemon either
All until after the game is finished

Last edited:

Snickerdoodle

My team is never going to be set in stone. x) Too many choices, too little space.

I know for a fact that for X, I'll be starting with Fennekin. My Kanto starter is going to be boxed. I'd like to use only Kalos 'mons for that run, except for Absol. He's going to be my Mega for the team. And, depending on when/where you can get Eevee, I'll nab Sylveon. And possibly Swirlix/Spritzee (whichever is the X exclusive). As for the rest of my team... it's up in the air. I love all of the 'mons so far, so I'll just wait and see what I run into in-game.

And as for my Y team, I'm starting with Chespin for sure. I also want whichever one of Swirlix/Spritzee is the Y exclusive. I might use Mawile as my Mega on this team.

CovertNinja

Pokemon Master
I'm gonna be doing a Nuzlocke first so that I can learn not to restrict myself to Pokemon.
But, the Pokemon I currently have interest in using are:
Froakie
Chespin or Skiddo (would trade for Chespin if need be)
Charmander
Fairy Type (totally open)
Helioptile pending Evolution
Bunnelby pending Evolution
Again, the reason for nuzlocking for me is to open myself up to other Pokemon before I limit myself

mankarp

Froakie and Aurorus are 100% sure team members. I'm not so sure if i will pick vivillon or tallonflame as my flying pokemon, if another cool loking fire type is available i'll pick vivillon if not i'll pick talonflame.
I'll use a fairy type for sure, got to see how many fairies we will have access. I'm not sure if i'll pick helioptile (i want to see his evo) and doublade ... it depends if it is available early or not.
I want to see some new ground type pokemons (we haven't seen a single one :/) if there is a cool one i'll pick it.

What i'm 100% sure is that my team will be full kalos, so that means no mega evolutions in my first playthrough :/.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
My only guarantees so far are Fennekin as my starter, Sylveon, Panchum, and Amaura.

I'm also sticking entirely with the new Kalos Pokemon for this run, and I plan on rotating if I find Pokemon that I really like beyond a team of 6.

Nodame

Misty <3
Yay I'v been waiting for this thread :D I will only use kalos pokemon.
Pokemon team so far: fennekin as my starter, sylveon, amaura, spritzee ( I don't mind two fairies lol)
Pokemon that might be in my team: helipotile, vivillon, mewstick

Last edited:

MasterImpsy

I plan on getting Pokemon X and I will choose Froakie as my starter. However, I plan to mess around with my team through the game cause I want to try out all the new Pokemon. I do want Amaura as my fossil.
I don't know if I want to use the Kanto start or not. I already have a really cool Blastoise in my White 2 game.

I want to try a Nuzlocke run too. :)

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Very, very undecided. For the first time.

Fennekin is sure going to be my starter but it would be much better, if we have a chance to see their final stages. I wasn't planning on using any other generation pokemon, but since there are a lack of water types introduced in Gen 6 except of Clauncher and Skrelp and if Aurorus can't learn Surf, I'm probably going with Blastoise or depending on Skrelp's final evolution.

Everyone needs a flying type pokemon for Fly for sure. At first, I liked Fletchling but somehow never liked Talonflame. Now looking at its design, I'm somehow getting used to it and liked it very much. Something attracts it to me and probably it will be in my team as can be catchable earlier in game. I definitely wanted my flying type pokemon to be Noivern for sure. But, something really bugs me out. Is Noivern a special attacker, a psuedo-legendary, or can be catchable earlier in game? I have seen Noiver taking out a Gogoat with using 3 Dragon Pulse and additionally Gogoat was using Double Edge too. Is it because Noivern's end up like Altaria or Gogoat's Sp.Def is huge? So, till I decide, I'll have both in my team. But, Talonflame is going to be my flyer.

Now, of course, there is Sylveon. Introduction of Fairy type, lots of advantages in the type list compared to disadvantages. Huge Sp.Def and great HP, Sp.Atk from what I have seen on Super Training facility. I'm going to have a Sylveon for sure. But, I do hope we see the method of Sylveon's evolution before the games release. And I also hope, there is a chance they reduced the gender ratio of Eevee from 75-25% to 50-50%.

And there is only one spot available. It will be filled either by Aurorus, Flabebé, Gogoat or Furfrou. Aurorus has an amazing design and some kind of a great ability and moves, this might be the first time I'm using the fossil pokemon. Flabebé, something attracts me about this pokemon. It definitely reminds me it will have a line like Ralts' or Togepi's. I wonder what she will turn out to be. After its battle with Noivern, Gogoat impressed me a lot, can be in my team. And finally, Furfrou. Furfrou's ability making the physical contacting attacks reducing %50. It could be a very nice touch in competitive play with using its Baby Doll Eye's attack. Can have it in my team as well.

Everything can be changed though, but I'm planning on using these pokemon during my journey in Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.