• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Eve though Blaziken is my favorite non-legendary, I don't want to use the event Torchic at all. I want to use Fennekin, and I don't want my bias for something I like more to take away from me using it. I've made an effort to not plan any of my team besides that, since it never works out too well, but I know I will be using Honedge. I just love Doublade, and Ghost/Steel is a cool type combo with nice resistances of typical Steel types, so he's the only other I know I'm using. Helioptile might go on my team, if I find I'm in need of a new party member and if it's found early enough.

Other than that, I don't think I'll plan my team much more.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
At this point, I'm only picking Pokémon that I TOTALLY felt in love with. I want to see the complete Pokédex before having a full team ready.
But at the moment, here's what I got...
Chespin - Always pick a starter, and this time Chespin was my favorite!
Fletchling - I usually like the regional birds and add them to my team (Pidgeot, Staraptor and Unfezant), but this time, I just LOVE the bird! I MUST get it in my team!
Tyrunt - Always loved dinosaurs, always loved Tyranausurus Rex, so yeah. Love it!

Grey Wind

I have an idea of some of the Pokemon that I'd like to use, but nothing is final. I will more than likely start with Froakie because it's my favourite of the three so far, but that could change if Braixen or Quilladin end up with cool evos or if there's a different Water-type that I'd rather use. I'm also planning on using Litleo because I love Pyroar's design and it's typing is unique, but like Froakie, that could change if there's a cooler Fire type floating around. I'm also eyeing up Gogoat, but ughhhh, I'm not sure.

Aside from that I don't have much of a plan. I'd like to use Tyrunt but I was planning on using Noivern before it came along, so I dunno which Dragon I'll go with. Noivern would help because I have to have a flyer, but Tyrunt is adorable and has such a cool typing. Pancham is probably my favourite Gen VI Pokemon so far, but I'm kind of indifferent to Pangoro so I'm not sure about using it yet. If it's useful in battle I may end up loving it like I did with Darmanitan so hopefully it has good stats and a varied movepool.

I also kind of want to have a Poison or Fairy type on my team and like most people, I'm definitely sticking to Gen VI Pokemon.

Last edited:

Corridor

I was thinking of having a bit of fun and doing a mono dual-typed fire team. |D Just for kicks. Though I might scrap the idea if Fennekin's final evo doesn't appeal. So it would be...

Fennekin - Fire/Psychic (hopefully)
Blaziken - Fire/Fighting
Houndoom - Fire/Dark
Talonflame - Fire/Flying
Pyroar - Fire/Normal
???

I'll probably make several teams this gen. I've never done that before and want to have a go at using many MANY different pokes!

I'm hoping to train a bunch and use them periodically, box them, pull them out to use them again, ect. I've never done that before, hopefully I can deal with all the grinding. So the rest I plan on using:

Doublade
Gogoat <3 ! I'm a sucker for basic quadrepedal mammals
Dedenne
Meowstic
Tyrantrum 0_0
Sylveon
And Froakie!

Mister Melancholy

Valetshipping ♥
So far, the only two Pokemon that I really want are Fennekin and Tyrantrum. Sylveon is a maybe. I think I'll just catch every new Pokemon and try them out and see which ones I like.

Sour Monster

Chespin - Not a huge fan of it's second evo but love it's first.
Squirtle - I always chose Charmander before in older games, would like a change and love Mega Blastoise.
Pyroar - Finally a Lion Pokemon!! Can't decide male or female... might just leave to chance.
Aurorus - Love ice type Pokemon and love the design. Dinosaurs woo~
Dedenne - I'm a sucker for the Pikaclones.
Spritzee or Vivillon - Need a flying type! Thinking Spritzee as then I'd get a Fairy type in there too.

Might change my mind as I see new Pokemon. Thinking that will be it though. I generally go with teams I like the design of, and a type balance. I don't competitive battle.

Sponge

I feel like I haven't seen all my team members yet. On the other hand there was a heap of 5th gen pokemon I liked the look of but didn't get a chance to use. It'll depend on if they appear in Kalos and whether I love any of the unknown 6th gen pokemon.

Right now Malamar is my only certainty. Fell in love with that pokemon as soon as I saw it in corocoro.

My potential team:

Fennekin or Chespin
Malamar
Mawile or Flabebe
Helioptile
Clauncher
Aurorus

After Mawile or Flabebe I start feeling less strongly...so it may easily change. As I said there are 5th gen pokemon like Golurk, Swanna, Volcarona, Galvantula to name a few....that I never got to try out. (that I want to)

From what I've heard, older gen pokemon are all over Kalos in abundance. So it might be hard to have a full 6th gen team....so much temptation.

Last edited:

AlexTogekiss

Probably my team will be like this:
-Fennekin
-Helioptile
-Bulbasaur
-Pangoro
-Sylveon (Y)/ Swirlix (X)
-Skrelp (Y)/ New water type (X)

Elendil8

Like many others, I haven't fully decided on most of my team. I'm definitely going for all gen VI Pokemon or 5 gen VI's and a Kanto starter. Still deciding between Froakie and Finnekin for my starter, the final evolutions/typing will probably make my mind up on that count. I always go for a fire, a water a grass/electric, a flying and the last 2 spots are up for grabs. At the moment I'm thinking Froakie/Fennekin, Squirtle/Charmander, Honedge/Inkay, Amaura, Helioptile/Dedenne/Skiddo and Fletchling/Noivern. This could all change very easily as more Pokemon are announced though.

Ѕhiny Missingno

I definitely know that I'll be choosing Chespin as my starter but my biggest hope is that it won't become Grass/Dark when it evolves simply because how bad that typing is. Out of all the three starters Fennekin and Chespin were both really nice looking for me from the beginning and Frogadier is my favourite evolved starter so all of them had their positives.

Another pokemon I'm likely to pick up are Fletchling and Helioptile. I've liked both of these pokemon a lot and they seem to be available early and they give nice coverage for the team.

Rest of my team is mostly undecided. I'd prefer to focus on the new pokemon but I might make an exception with Squirtle. I'm also looking forward to possibly do a rotational team. I've done a few of those in the past and now with the Exp. All feature it should be working perfectly.

TheArrived

Frontier Challenger
Ok, first post on this profile since I made an account several years ago that I've forgotten the name of haha. I've been lurking on this site for quite a long time since then.

Right now I'm undecided between Froakie and Chespin. I was actually originally going to choose Fenekin, but I really want either Talonflame or Charizard on my team, and I'm already having trouble between those two. On one hand, Charizard was my first Pokemon, and I can't pass up a chance to pick one up, but on the other hand, I want to use Talonflame because its new, and I don't want two fire/flying types on my team :/
So right now my team sort of looks like:
-Froakie/Chespin lines
-Charmander/Fletchling lines
-Tyrunt line (easily my favorite fossil Pokemon so far)

those are for sure. Then I'm considering the Inkay and Honedge lines as well. But I could really use some advice on what to do with my Charizard/Talonflame conundrum!

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Team X
1: Starting out with Froakie.
2: Previous gen Pokemon that can provide coverage with Froakie being able to cover for it as well.
3 (will switch with sub) : won't get a third until after the second gym, but when the time comes, Noivern, or its pre evo or Inkay
4 (will switch with sub) : Inkay or Noivern or its pre- evo
5 (will switch with sub): Mareep to evolve it into Ampharos then to MegaAmpharos
6 (will switch with sub): Bulbasaur to evolve into Venusaur then to MegaVenusaur

Subs: Helioptile (evo), Sylveon, Skrelp (evo), Chandelure, Azumarill, Mawile (and Mega forme)

Icepath

I'll probably end up getting Y on my Birthday (October 12th, funny enough), and then X with Birthday money after I complete Y.

Y Team: Quilladin / Blaziken / Sylveon / A Pokemon that can learn Fly (Possibly Noivern) / A Pokemon that can learn Surf (Possibly Skrelp) / Random Pokemon (Possibly Helioptile)

X Team: Braixen / Gogoat / Malamar (Possibly) / A Pokemon that can learn Fly / A Pokemon that can learn Surf / Random Pokemon

Then if there's a third version I'll use Frogadier and some ones we haven't see yet

PolarisJunkie

Crazed Loon
I am still incredibly undecided but I will be getting Y and my two main members will be Spiritzee and Froakie's lines. Other than that I am torn. I really like Pangoro but if Froakie does indeed become a fighting type the redundancy would irk me. Vivilon intrigues me as well but it depends on if it can Fly or not and if Spiritzee gains the flying type as well. Other than that, I am not sure about the other members. If Pidgey or Zubat are in the dex (which I'm sure Zubat is), I'll most likely use them and I might use one of the Kanto starters, although prob. not. Oorotto is a big possibility as well although I really like Chespin too so who knows lol.

Gold Starz

My team is based around what Chespin's 2nd type will end up being...

If Chespin is Grass/Fighting:

1. Chespin->Quilladin->Final Evo (Grass/Fighting)
  2. Squirtle->Wartortle->Blastoise (Water)
  3. Inkay->Malamar (Dark/Psychic)
  4. Swirlix/Eevee->Sylveon (Fairy)
  5. Noivern (Flying/Dragon)
  6. Litleo->Pyroar (Fire/Normal)

If Chespin is Grass/Dark:

1. Chespin->Quilladin->Final Evo (Grass/Dark)
  2. Squirtle->Wartortle->Blastoise (Water)
  3. Swirlix/Eevee->Sylveon/Ralts->Kirlia->Gardevoir (Psychic or Psychic/Fairy)
  4. Espurr(?)->Meowstick (Psychic; If no Gardevoir)/Tyrunt->Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon; If Gardevoir)
  5. Fletchling->Talonflame (Fire/Flying)
  6. Helioptile (Electric/Normal)

I am still incredibly undecided but I will be getting Y and my two main members will be Spiritzee and Froakie's lines. Other than that I am torn. I really like Pangoro but if Froakie does indeed become a fighting type the redundancy would irk me. Vivilon intrigues me as well but it depends on if it can Fly or not and if Spiritzee gains the flying type as well. Other than that, I am not sure about the other members. If Pidgey or Zubat are in the dex (which I'm sure Zubat is), I'll most likely use them and I might use one of the Kanto starters, although prob. not. Oorotto is a big possibility as well although I really like Chespin too so who knows lol.
I know what you mean, Pancham's line is sadly completely off my list due to the probable starter typing, which is a shame because I really like their designs and their typing.

Last edited:

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
It's obviously difficult making a team as only a portion of the pokédex has been revealed so far. If I had to put a team together just based on what we know it would be as follows:

1. Froakie's final evolution - Froakie is my favourite starter ever and its final evolution is currently the only certain member of my team.
2. Mega Mawile - I want to use a Fairy type and a Steel type in my team (not to mention a mega) and this covers all and it looks really great!
3. Talonflame - I need a flyer and so far this seems like the one I would be using but is definitely switchable if a better looking flyer is revealed.
4. Malamar - I love Inkay so this seems like a certainty, plus its typing is great!
5. Gogoat - It's awesome and fills in my grass type need.
6. Tyrantrum - Dragon/Rock awesome :)

The only certainty is Froakie and I'm sure that my team will change drastically once I play the game.

alexterri

I'm going to have to think about it more. I know that I'm using the starter Fennekin for my first team, however.

Rakurai

Froakie is the only thing that's set in stone.

I'm equally interested in seeing what new tricks my old favorites might've picked up as I am in trying out some of the new Pokemon, though.

KalosChampion

Am I the only one taking HMs into consideration when planning my team? I've noticed quite of few people who most likely will not have the ability to fly and/or surf in the new games.

Status
Not open for further replies.