• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffdavid102

TSS Forever
My team right now is Chesnaught (First generation I'm not choosing fire. Delphox just does not appeal to me in the slightest), Charizard(has Charizardite Y), Pidgeot (Didn't want Talonflame because I didn't want two fire/flying types), Lucario (Spent forever getting Riolu to evolve. Took him from level 5 to like 31. Then they just give me a Lucario. :/. Well, the one I raised had better stats, so I just moved the Lucarionite to him), Lapras (Needed a surfer at one point. I actually randomly found the person who gives it while I was searching for a wild water Pokemon), Tyrantrum (rawr)

Also had Pansear, Litleo, and a Ralts in my party at one point. Pansear was dropped after the first gym. Didn't even have a full party either. Just hated that thing. Litleo was one that I wanted to use, but I had to make a cut and Charizard (then a Charmeleon) wasn't taking it. Ralts was just the absolute slowest to level up and it horrid defenses. It had decent SpAtk, but could take no hits at all.

Räven Velish

black lives matter
UPDATE:
Greninja (Lv. 37)
Charizard (Lv. 36)
Gogoat (Lv. 33)
Helioptile (Lv. 31)
Lucario (Lv. 33)

QUESTION TIME!
Gogoat or Trevenent? I'm leaning toward Gogoat because you can ride him and because Skiddo is adorable.

Where do you find the Sun Stone?

When should I evolve Helioptile?

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast
Chesnaught
- Wood Hammer
- Hammer Arm
- Spiky Shield
- Shadow Claw

Aegislash
- Night Slash
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

Charizard
- Fire Fang
- Fly
- Shadow Claw
- Brick Break

Malamar
- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
- Hypnosis
- Superpower

Gardevoir
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power Ice

Kingdra
- Surf
- Waterfall
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam

I'm looking for move-sets for these guys. This is what I have so far, and I'm happy, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'll take them into consideration

mathfranr

i need some pokemon capable of learning fly in my team,right now i have combusken,frogradier,snorlax,ivysaur
my options are
sygilyph and aurouros
sygilyph and tyrunt
flygon and auroros
flygon and aegislash
sygilyph and aegislash
noivern and aegislash
noivern and auroros
gligar and auroros
gligar and aegislash
gligar and tyrunt
salamance and aegislash
salamance and aurouros
woobat and aurouros
woobat and aegislash
woobat and tyrunt
drifloon and tyrunt
drifloon and aurouros

Last edited:

AquilaTempestas

Galactic Fan
Current team:

Charmeleon lvl 24
Fletchinder lvl 22
Bagon lvl 19
Braixen lvl 23
Tyrunt lvl 23
Golbat lvl 24

May replace Fletchinder with an Axew.

Vizion

Rate My Team

Info:
*Will be replacing Blaziken with Delphox as main fire and use Goodra in his place
*Just received my Delphox and Chesnaught so early levels

Current Team:
Blaziken- Level 100
Zygarde- Level 73
Greninja- Level 72
Talonflame- Level 66
Chesnaught- Level 38
Delphox- Level 36

Sarcastic Oshawott

Wow such forum
So basically, here's my current team right now.

Bold notates the Pokemon's species' name.
Italics notate the Pokemon's nickname.
-Words with a dash in front of them denote that they are a move.

Aurorus Elysian Lv. 39
-Avalanche
-Take Down
-Ancient Power
-Aurora Beam

Blastiose Itachi Lv. 41
-Skull Bash
-Surf
-Water Pulse
-Bite

Doublade Lv. 40
-Shadow Sneak
-Swords Dance
-Night Slash
-Aerial Ace

Sylveon Eonne Lv. 43
-Moonblast
-Draining Kiss
-Return
-Bite

Delphox Flambé Lv. 42
-Grass Knot
-Flame Charge
-Flamethrower
-Psyshock

Vibrava Crind Lv. 37
-Dragon Breath
-Crunch
-Bulldoze
-Fly

Thoughts, questions, concerns, or comments? I'd love to hear them!

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
Just got to the city with the 4th Gym

Current line-up

-Chesnaught Lv39
-Blastoise Lv37
-TalonFlame Lv38
-Tyrunt Lv35
-Doublade Lv35
-Eevee Lv33

Has anybody found a Dusk stone? I'm on route 13. And had anybody had luck with evolving Eevee into Sylveon? The Amie stats won't stay full

Shraeder

It's Lit
Recently retired my level 57 Sylveon for Xerneas and my 58 Lucario for Noibat. Just arrived in Snowbelle City.

The Team:
Greninja (63)- Surf, Night Slash, Extrasensory, Hydro Pump
Mega Charizard X (61)- Fire Fang, Dragon Claw, Shadow Claw, Fly
Heliolisk (61)- Surf, Thunderbolt, Parabolic Charge, Razor Wind
Talonflame (60)- Acrobatics, Steel Wing, Fly, Flare Blitz
Xerneas (56)- Moonblast, Geomancy, Thunderbolt, Horn Leech
Noivern (48)- Boomburst, Dragon Pulse, Air Slash, Shadow Ball

For those of you who plan on using Noivern, once you evolve Noibat get some Heart Scales; Noivern gets Boomburst(140 BP), Dragon Pulse(85 BP), and Hurricane(110 BP) through the move re-learner in Dendemille Town.

sheerioxo

Chesnaught - This thing is BEAST. Takes hits, then fires back with hard ones. And Spiky Shield (I think it's called that) is amazing.
Charizard - Obviously this thing is pretty beast too. :p
Floette - A little towards the weaker side, but going to evolve it soon. It's actually a pretty decent Pokemon.
Goomy - This blob is freaking hard to level up! Working on Special Training it ATM.
Aurorus - Hated this thing when all the fighting types started showing up, but is now just amazing.
??? - Not sure who to use. Kinda want a ghost type, but.. :/ Might end up using a normal type.

Might I add for those struggling with the game, if you don't use Pokemon-Amie very much, USE IT. It helps so much! My Charizard was having a really hard time in the battle, but endured a hit and used it's affection to get rid of its paralysis. Pokemon-Amie is boss.

Vizion

ANYBODY want to trade for a Yveltal? I need one really bad to complete my team. I'm willing to trade anything except Zygarde and Xerneas.

Shraeder

It's Lit
UPDATE:
Greninja (Lv. 37)
Charizard (Lv. 36)
Gogoat (Lv. 33)
Helioptile (Lv. 31)
Lucario (Lv. 33)

QUESTION TIME!
Gogoat or Trevenent? I'm leaning toward Gogoat because you can ride him and because Skiddo is adorable.

Where do you find the Sun Stone?

When should I evolve Helioptile?

To get the Sun Stone you give the Intriguing stone to the hiker in Shalour City.

Evolve Helioptile at level 35 if you want Bulldoze, if not then evolve it now. I leveled mine all the way to level 53....not the brightest idea.

~TrainerRed~

Update after fifth gym:
Lucario level 44
Greninja Level 41
Umbreon Level 40

Still not sure what other pokemon to have on my team, anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:

Räven Velish

black lives matter
To get the Sun Stone you give the Intriguing stone to the hiker in Shalour City.

Evolve Helioptile at level 35 if you want Bulldoze, if not then evolve it now. I leveled mine all the way to level 53....not the brightest idea.

Crap... I evolved it at Lv 33...

UPDATE:
Greninja(Neptune) Lv. 44
Mega Charizard(Draco) Lv. 42
Heliolisk(Beetee) Lv. 40
Gogoat(Thresh) Lv. 40
Mega Lucario(Anubis) Lv. 41

QUESTION TIME!

Which one: Substitute or Attract on Greninja's moveset?

What should be my last Pokemon? I'm thinking Gengar, but I don't know where to find Gastly/Haunter.

Fairy Type Gym: would Lucario be good enough? Fighting Types are weak to Fairy, but Steel beats Fairy.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just started my game & I'm in the Santalune Forest:
  1. Chespin/Male/lv. 7/Sassy/Overgrow
  2. Bunnelby/Male/Lv.6/Modest/Pickup

I've got most of my team planned out, but now I'm trying to decide between Carbink & Mawile for my go-to Fairy type. I'm aware that Carbink's attack is pretty low, & I'm ok if Mawile's mega stone won't be available until later on in the game. The only thing I want to know to help me make my decision is what kind of Fairy type moves these 2 can learn

3PointDecoupage

How are the stats for Meowstic, Heliolisk, and Vivillion? Im considering them for my X team.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
OK now I don't know if I want to use a screlp or not because it evolves into a poison dragon type >.> I always like using water types to DX

Status
Not open for further replies.