• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
My HM Slave inadvertently became my strongest Pokemon lol.

Azumarill Lv. 79 (Surf, Waterfall, Strength, Play Rough)
Aurorus Lv. 76 (Ice Beam, Earthquake, Rock Smash, Flash Cannon)
Raichu Lv. 76 (Thunderbolt, Electro Ball, Slam, Dig)
Malamar Lv. 77 (Night Slash, Psybeam, Foul Play, Psycho Cut)
Chesnaught Lv. 78 (Hammer Arm, Wood Hammer, Seed Bomb, Cut)
Charizard (w/ Mega Stone) Lv. 78 (Dragon Claw, Heat Wave, Flamethrower, Fly)

blasian amtrax

For those of you that use Aurorus, is it a good pokemon to have?

Or do you regret it and want to use Tyrantrum instead?

I'm very happy with my Aurorus. Although its a bit slow compared to the others in my team, it hits quite hard with Avalanche and can take a decent beating. I kinda wish it wasn't so weak to fighting, but that's mainly because 4/6 members of my story team are weak to fighting.

My team ended up being Pyroar, Greninja, Venusaur, Lucario (had it long before I knew the gift one existed), Aurorus & Talonflame. Have lapras on the side as HM slave.

jPottie

Pretty sure my team is going to be:

Greninja - Water/Dark
Charizard Y - Fire/Flying
Ampharos - Electric *Dragon
Roserade - Grass/Poison
Sylveon - Fairy
Pangoro - Fighting/Dark

So hard to choose. I really wanted to use a Lapras because I love how you can ride on it... but I love Greninja the most out of all the starters. I'd also like to use a Meowstic too, but not enough room and I already have so many special sweepers!

MikeHill005

Resistance Member
Just beat Clemont, my team is as follows:

*Delphox lv.40
*Duoblade lv. 37
*Clawitzer lv.37
*Sligoo lv.40
*Floette lv.36
*Hawlucha lv.37

I think I'm a tiny bit overleveled, so I turned off the EXP share for now.

Also, once I got my 6th team member, I remembered one of the reasons why I love this series so much - the replay value. I haven't even beaten the game, and I'm already eager to play the other version (Y) so that I can experiment with a new team.

Neon-Gear

Delphox - LV 60 (Fire/Psychic)
Blastoise - LV58 (Water)
Pangoro - LV56 (Fighting/Dark)
Tyrantrum - LV55 (Rock/Dragon)
Sylveon - LV57 (Fairy)
Drifblim - LV55 (Ghost/Flying)

I am about to head to the 7th gym but I get the impression that I am severally overleveled ahaha. I am really loving this game and really love Pangoro and Tyrantrum from this generation. The only thing I don't like about my Drifblim but I can't seem to find a suitable flying replacement. Everyone I want to fly seems to add to a triple weakness in my team.

Last edited:

Helium Paperweight

I need some help deciding my final member for X. I have it down to Helioptile or Goomy, but I can't decide which. Also I need help with nicknames for my other ones.

Helium Paperweight

Looks like you already have a dragon type. Why don't you go for Helioptile then?

Yeah, that, and Sliggoo's insane evo level were the two main things to make me begin to turn away from goomy.

Spade33

Maybe you guys can help me out with my team. I feel like something should be replaced but not quite sure what yet. I feel like Roselia should be replaced with something.

Delphox level 53
Florges level 50
Blastoise level 48
Tyrantrum level 40
Heliolisk level 44
Roselia level 49

Your team is rather Special attack oriented besides Tyrantrum. Maybe a physical Grass type or a different Physical move/ Defensive pokemon.

The plus with keeping Roselia is evolving it to Roserade which is pretty good in my opinion (and it's stab poison moves can handle fairies well)

best of luck!

My Current Team

Talonflame
Pikachu(with Light Ball) -EV trained in speed and SpAtk
Chestnaught(The Juggernaut) -EV trained in attack and defense
Lucario -EV trained in attack and speed
Blastoise -EV trained in attack and defense
Gabite

Last edited:

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
should i replace physco cut ( on malamar) for phyisc? malamars physical attack stat is alittle higher then its sp.atk

Champion Jared 14

Hey guys! Hope everyone's enjoying the games as much as I am.
But is anyone else as hopelessly lost as I am as far as coming up with a team?
It's just so HARD for me. With over 700 pokemon to choose from, narrowing it down
has proven nearly IMPOSSIBLE for me. I just don't know who to pick. Anyway, this is
what I have so far, 5 badges in:

LV. 47 Talonflame
LV. 47 Flygom
LV. 48 Linoone
LV. 48 Venusaur
LV. 48 Sylveon
LV. 48 Greninja

I like how I was finally able to get a Sylveon, but I don't know if I want to keep him or not. I also want to replace Linoone as well. Two spots are available. Anyone got any ideas for me to replace these two?

So my final lineup which I'm training right now to take on the Elite Four is gonna be Chesnaught, Heliolisk, Dragalge, Aegislash, Noivern, Avalugg. Anyone think I should replace one of the six?

I really could use some help. My team's struggling a bit coverage wise. It hasn't hurt me so far because I'm overleveled, but I'd like to get it sorted out before the Elite 4.
LV. 45 Aurorus
LV. 45 Delphox
LV. 45 Doublade
LV. 45 Blastoise
LV. 46 Emolga
LV. 44 Swalot

I'd like to keep Delphox, Blastoise, and Doublade at least. The others I don't care about too much, although I'll be damned if I know who to replace them with.

momopeach

I'm in need of some advice for the last two slots on my team I'm building. I never battled against other players, so that's all new, but I hope to take this team through the elite four and player battles.

Lapras: I've always ran this moveset since Gen 1. It'd be odd to change it, but I'm open to suggestions.
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Confuse Ray
-Body Slam

Ampharos: Not sure about the moveset entirely.
-Thunder Wave
-Thunderbolt
-Power Gem
-Dragon Pulse

Altaria
-Fly
-Ice Beam
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake

Gallade: Gardevoir was my mainstay during Ruby/Sapphire. I've always wanted to try Gallade though.
-Leaf Blade
-X-Scissor
-Psycho Cut
-Brick Break

Now I'm not sure what to include for my last two slots. My main options are: Umbreon, Gogoat, Florges, Reuniclus, Frosslass, Mawhile, or Houndoom.
An recommendations? Frosslass might be hard to find, since you need a friend's safari zone, and no idea where you fin a houndour or solosis. I'm open to any ideas though.

Last edited:

Champion Jared 14

I really could use some help. My team's struggling a bit coverage wise. It hasn't hurt me so far because I'm overleveled, but I'd like to get it sorted out before the Elite 4.
LV. 45 Aurorus
LV. 45 Delphox
LV. 45 Doublade
LV. 45 Blastoise
LV. 46 Emolga
LV. 44 Swalot

I'd like to keep Delphox, Blastoise, and Doublade at least. The others I don't care about too much, although I'll be damned if I know who to replace them with.

Hmmm...Emolga is cute, but I don't think she can take many hits...I'd go for Helioptile or Ampharos in place of her. And perhaps, Drapion in place of Swalot??

Hmmm...Emolga is cute, but I don't think she can take many hits...I'd go for Helioptile or Ampharos in place of her. And perhaps, Drapion in place of Swalot??

Yeah, I do need to replace Emolga. The only issue is, it's my only flying type, and I like to have one, usually.

Drapion's a good idea, thanks! I probably just won't worry about it till after the Elite Four.

As for you, if you're going to replace Sylveon, I'd suggest picking an ice or fairy type up. And Linoone...hm. You have pretty good coverage with that team; a solid steel or rock type like Aggron wouldn't go amiss though.

slowdude

Just beat the second gym.

Frogadier level 30, Naive (252 spatt/252 speed)
Ivysaur level 27, Timid (252 spatt/252 speed)
Tyrunt level 25, Adamant (252 att/252 speed)

Going to catch a Staravia when I can. Later on probably a Magneton. Not sure what the last slot will be.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
So, ugh, yeah, since XY won't come to me until November I'm trying to get the best Team poissble using my favorites.

X

Delphox
Ability: Blaze
Magical Fire (I very much like using Sig Moves, and this one also seems very good)
Psychic
Shadow Ball
??? (If it learns it, Energy Ball)
So, yup.
My Starter. I was sure I was going to use this from day 1, Delphox just made it even better.
Fire and Psychic Coverage are two Types I almost never have in my Team, so this'll be a tad new.

Masquerain
Ability: Intimidate
Water Pulse/Bubblebeam
Ice Beam
Bug Buzz/Silver Wind
*Insert Sp. Flying Type Move it learns here*/Gia Drain
My all-time favorite Pokémon.
When I learned it was available, I had to use it. I'll use a Bred Surskit, though, instead of a Masquerain I just caught.
This will function as my replacement Water Type, but due to the great amount of Moves it learns, I'm not sure what to give it.

Roserade
Ability: Natural Cure
Giga Drain
Slusdge Bomb
Shadow Ball
??? (If Extrasensory can be easily learned, then that)
Was thinking of using this from the beginning, when I learned Poison>Fairy, his just gave me moe incentive.

Aurorus
Ability: Refridgerate
Freeze Dry
Earth Power (if it learns it)
Ancientpower/Power Gem (if it learns it)
???
By far my more preffered Fossil, and I absolutely love it.
Ice and Rock Coverage are quite good with the rest of my Team.
This is assuming it's a Special Attacker instead if a Physical one.

Talonflame
Avility: Flame Body
Fly
Flare Blitz/Flame Charge
???
???
Not sure on Moves, since I don't know what it learns.
I love this thing, thugh.

Malamar
Ability: Contrary
Superpower
???
???
???
Not sure at all on this one's Moves, because I assumed it to be Special.
Going to need a lot of help on this one.
Inkey is so cute, though, so Imreally don't want to replace this.

Y

Greninja
Ability: Torrent
Water Shuriken
Extrasensory
*Insert Dark Type Move here*
???
Once again, not sure.
I really don't like Chespin, though, so no switching to that.

Drapion
Cross Poison
X-Scissor
Crunch
Ice Fang
Again,one of my faborite Pokémon.

Altaria
Fly
Ice Beam/Earthquake
Dragon Pulse
???
Not very sure on this one, but I used one in Emerald and it quickly became one of the better Pokémon in my Team.

Tyrantrum
Dragon Claw
Rock Slide
Crunch
???
Not much of a fan of it completely, but it's growing on me, and I want to give it a chance.
Not sure on the last Move, though.

Aromatisse
I have absolutely no idea on the Moves.
Or anything on this, actually.
I'm thinking of maybe swapping this for Florges.

Trevenant
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
???
???
This is also assuming it's a Special Attacker.
I really like this thing, and I hope it won't be outclassed by Ghourgheist.

So, yup.
I need a lot of help, so if anybody would like, could they help me out?

:p

amielhb20

I have pokemon with Pokerus!

If anyone wants pokerus on their pokemon to boost stats, i can trade you a spreading throwaway pokemon for one of these things!

Any legendary, OR.

One of these shinnies.
Skrelp
Goomy
Eevee
Inkay
Torchic
Charmander
Honedge
or any x and y starter.

I'm open for discussion though.

My Friend Code: 4425-1995-6494