• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolerdynastic

Pyroar has a few advantages; immunity to Ghost and a STAB move that ignores Substitutes. That said GW Talonflame is better in most situations.

But Pyroar has additional weakness to fighting. Even a Moxie Pyroar is useless since the base attack for Pyroar is pretty low. What move can allow it to break through subs?

Yes GW Talonflame is good, despite having low base attack, it can be overcomed easily by Choice Band. Together with Brave bird with the base of 120 make Talonflame a flying beast especially Talonflame will attack first 90% of the time. Unless is against someone who uses extremespeed lol

coolerdynastic

Well Unnerve is definately not crappy and it can be really helpful to a certain extend especially in Battle Maison where super effective berries are frequently used by AI

CircuitAngel

I don't know that I agree; I think Pyroar gets way more mileage out of Rivalry in Battle Maison, as it is way more relevant on a per battle basis. My argument though, in context, is this:

Talonflame gets two abilities, one is solid and one is AMAZING (Flame Body/Gale Wings respectively).
Pyroar gets three abilities, one depends on your opponents gender, one depends on their held item, and one depends on you building a bad Pyroar.

For Greninja
I would rather go for Dark Pulse than Night Slash since Greninja has higher Special Attack and Attack and Dark Pulse can at least flinch your opponent Pokemon. Use Life Orb for Item.

For Hawlucha
Use Acrobatics instead of Flying Press as Acrobatics is stronger without item and High Jump Kick and Aceobatics covers more than Flyign Press. Rock Slide instead of Bounce as Acrobatics is already stronger than bounce and Rock Slide gives some coverages. If possible, use Sword Dance instead of Fly to increases its attack.

Hope this help

Well, see, I was only planning on using the first four Pokemon, but from what you're saying I have to use Hawlucha as well? Not trying to offend you, just trying to understand what you're saying. Also, is everything else up to par - levels, Pokemon, etc?

Hyper27

Hyper27
Further Decided on my team:

Chesnaught @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
-Wood Hammer
-Brick Break
-Spiky Shield
-Leech Seed

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Calm Nature
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse
-Toxic

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
-Sacred Sword
-Shadow Sneak
-King's Shield
-Swords Dance

Still undecided on Talonflame v Arcanine.

Mark_Chaos

WARP EVOLUTION!
Updated X Team:

Gold (Male Charizard)
N: Adamant
I: Charizardite X
A: Blaze
IV: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Moves:
Fly
Flare Blitz
Earthquake
Dragon Claw

Gurren (Male Tyranitar)
I: Tyranitarite
A: Sand Stream
Moves:
Crunch
Ice Fang
Rock Slide
Rock Polish

Rei (Female Gardevoir)
N: Modest
I: Gardevoirite
A: Trace
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Moves:
Moonblast
Calm Mind
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball

Kaiju (Female Garchomp)
N: Jolly
I: Garchompite
A: Sand Veil
Moves:
Return
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Dragon Claw

Cordelia (Lilligant)
I: Leftovers
A: Own Tempo
IV: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Moves:
Giga Drain
Petal Dance
Sleep Powder
Quiver Dance

Ionia (Female Clawitzer)
I: Assault Vest
A: Megalauncher
Moves:
Surf
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse
Aura Sphere

Last edited:

AquilaTempestas

Galactic Fan
So, I just beat the game with the following:

Chesnaught
Salamence
Blastoise
Amaura
Talonflame

They were all in their early 60's.

I am now going to replay Y with a team consisting of only Dragon-types for a challenge.

Planned dragon team:

Salamence
Haxorus
Garchomp
Flygon
Hydreigon/Tyrantrum
Goomy/Dragonite

chap196

Well, see, I was only planning on using the first four Pokemon, but from what you're saying I have to use Hawlucha as well? Not trying to offend you, just trying to understand what you're saying. Also, is everything else up to par - levels, Pokemon, etc?

It's your team, so it is your choice to use Hawlucha or not, it is just my advice to use all 6 Pokémon as that will be better than using 4 Pokemon.

chap196

Updated X Team:

Gold (Male Charizard)
I: Charizardite X
A: Blaze
Moves:
Fly
Flare Blitz
Earthquake
Dragon Claw

Gurren (Male Tyranitar)
I: Tyranitarite
A: Sand Stream
Moves:
Crunch
Ice Fang
Rock Slide
Rock Polish

Rei (Female Gardevoir)
I: Gardevoirite
A: Trace
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Moves:
Moonblast
Calm Mind
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball

Kaiju (Female Garchomp)
N: Jolly
I: Garchompite
A: Sand Veil
Moves:
Return
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Dragon Claw

Cordelia (Lilligant)
I: Leftovers
A: Own Tempo
Moves:
Giga Drain
Petal Dance
Sleep Powder
Quiver Dance

Ionia (Female Clawitzer)
I: Assault Vest
A: Megalauncher
Moves:
Surf
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse
Aura Sphere

For Clawitzer
Use Water Pulse instead of Surf since it will have the same base power thanks to Mega Launcher and Water Pulsemhas 30% chance to confuse your opponent.

For Lilligant
I would rather use Hidden Power Fire instead of Giga Drain for coverages on Steel and many more type Pokemon.

Also you don't want to attach 4 Pokemon with a Mega Stone as that waste item slot for the Pokemon you did not Mega Evolve. You can just use Life Orb or Leftover instead of Mega Stone on some Pokemon. I would use 1 or 2 Mega Evolution in my team.

Hope this help

ImpendingChaos

Caught a Bold female Eevee as the final member of my team last night. EV-trained and the. Evolved it into Sylveon. My team is now complete (and in signature).

It's your team, so it is your choice to use Hawlucha or not, it is just my advice to use all 6 Pokémon as that will be better than using 4 Pokemon.

I guess I can't argue with that. Alright, I'll do a bit more training and then do the Elite Four. This is going to be interesting.

gullshen

OK i`m making a new team and i would very much appreciate some advice my team is

Klefki
Ability: prankster item: left overs
nature: bold
Moves:
thunder wave
swagger
foul play
spikes

azumaril
ability: huge power item: splash plate
nature: adamant
moves:
aqua jet
play rough
water fall/aqua tail
super power

noivern
ability: infiltrator item: choice specs
nature: timid
moves:
boomburst
U-turn
focus blast
draco meteor

greninja
ability: protean item: life orb
nature: modest
moves:
hydro pump
ice beam
dark pulse
U-turn

aegislash
ability: stance change item: left overs
nature: sassy/relaxed
moves:
shadow sneak
sacred sword
king`s shield
swords dance

gengar
ability: levitate item: gengarite
moves:
shadow ball
sludge bomb
focus blast
destiny bond

i`m not sure if gengar would be a good choice on this team but any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

Miss Lioness

Okay, I've been skimming this thread for a bit and many people suggest Aegislash as a Must-Have! I just started on Pokémon Y with Chespin and I see that many of the people that started with Chespin also has added Squirtle to their team. I for one likes to use just 1 starter pokemon and therefor don't want to have Squirtle in my team.

About Aegislash: How early is it obtainable? It evolves with a Dusk Stone right? What is the earliest point I can get that stone?

The rest of the team, what would be a nice balanced team without it being too standard?

Honedge is catchable on Route 6, which is just before the battle with Snorlax. If you don't want to grind Super Training for hours on end to collect evolution stones, the earliest the Dusk Stone is available is not until after the Team Flare plot ends. An ex-Flare grunt in Laverre gives you one after their criminal enterprise disbands, and you can spelunk in Terminus Cave, just off Route 18, for another one.

chap196

OK i`m making a new team and i would very much appreciate some advice my team is

Klefki
Ability: prankster item: left overs
nature: bold
Moves:
thunder wave
swagger
foul play
spikes

azumaril
ability: huge power item: splash plate
nature: adamant
moves:
aqua jet
play rough
water fall/aqua tail
super power

noivern
ability: infiltrator item: choice specs
moves:
boomburst
U-turn
focus blast
draco meteor

greninja
ability: protean item: life orb
nature: modest
moves:
hydro pump
ice beam
dark pulse
U-turn

aegislash
ability: stance change item: left overs
nature: sassy/relaxed
moves:
shadow sneak
sacred sword
king`s shield
swords dance

gengar
ability: levitate item: gengarite
moves:
shadow ball
sludge bomb
focus blast
destiny bond

i`m not sure if gengar would be a good choice on this team but any help would be greatly appreciated

For Klefki
I would try to use Substitute in its moveset, since it can be extremely annoying, to keep using Substitude until your opponent hurts itself, then use Thunder Wave to give it less chance to attack and slows it down, I uses Spike afterward, but people usually prefer Foul Play more due to its low attack.

For Azumarill
You need to use Waterfall over Aqua Tail since it has higher accuracy and some chances to flinch the opponent. I would go for Choice Band on Azumarill.

Hope this help

You could go for an Aqua Jet/Belly Drum set on Azumarill. As for a hold item, Muscle Band couldn't hurt.

Yeah, give Klefki Sub, and get rid of Swagger for it. That'll definitely improve its annoyance by a lot.

As for your mega, you could go with Mega Garchomp as a wall-breaker. Give him EQ/Dual Chop/Rock Slide/Sandstorm, give him an Adamant nature, and EV him in Atk/Spd/Def. Dual Chop hacks thru Subs, Sandstorm lets him use Sand Force and adds to Klefki's annoyance, and EQ/RS gives stellar coverage.

Careful, tho, because half your team isn't immune to Sandstorm, and could fall victim to your own tactics. I suggest giving Protean Greninja Spikes over U-turn, so he, too, can be immune to Sandstorm, as well as add his own layer of extra annoyance to the mix.

Noivern can get Dragon Pulse/Air Slash/Boomburst/Sludge Bomb, if you plan to make him a Specs user.

Aegislash needs a Brave nature and a 0 Spd IV, so he can use his capabilities to their maximum output. If you plan to use him in anything other than Singles, tho, you'll want an Adamant nature, a 31 Spd IV, and Shadow Claw over Sneak.

Last edited:

BlazingCold

Okay, I've been skimming this thread for a bit and many people suggest Aegislash as a Must-Have! I just started on Pokémon Y with Chespin and I see that many of the people that started with Chespin also has added Squirtle to their team. I for one likes to use just 1 starter pokemon and therefor don't want to have Squirtle in my team.

About Aegislash: How early is it obtainable? It evolves with a Dusk Stone right? What is the earliest point I can get that stone?

The rest of the team, what would be a nice balanced team without it being too standard?

I don't know if you'd want Aegislash because that would give you 2 fighting types, Chestnaught & the ladder

Status
Not open for further replies.