• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Feel free to discuss your Pokémon X & Y in-game team.

Please do not clog up the thread with posts like "I want to use Mewtwo." Please elaborate on your team and do not just point at your signature.

All posts should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. Also, one-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered SPAM, deleted and you will be possibly infracted.

Let's promote a worthwhile discussion!

General rules still apply.

0danmaster0

my sig. I don't like having two pokemon with the same type and I like all these designs so it will be a good team for me

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
My ideal Team (comprising solely out of Pokémon shown and revealed in the Dex) would most likely comprise out of:

Fennekin, Fletchling, Inkay, and Amaura.

Doesn't exactly provide the best coverage, and this is also assuming that the Inka line can learn Surf, and that Fennekin (and possible Fletchling) have good designs upon Evolution.

I would, however, like to use the Budew and Surskit lines in this game too, though, partly due to them being some of my Favorite Pokémon, but also due to their final evolutions being a semi-duo comprising of Pokémon who'se names are based off of a masquerade, which is often deemed french-esque.

@0dan, doesnmt it say not to just point to signature?

Woot. First ever second post.

it said elaborate, which I did.

Eh, if you find that to be elaborate, whatever, I guess.

/notgoingtowasteapostonsomethingastrivialasthis

EDIT: Wait, the above is my X Team

My Y Team would, hopefully, be as follows:

Froakie, Pancham, Spritzee, Tyrunt.

Better coverage then above, although I generally like these less than the ones I use above.

No other Pokémon from past agens on this team, yet.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The only Pokemon that will surely go in my team at this point are Froakie and Tyrunt.
I'm thinking about Noivern... but I'd rather wait for the whole dex.

I will only be using Gen 6 Pokemon though.

0danmaster0

My ideal Team (comprising solely out of Pokémon shown and revealed in the Dex) would most likely comprise out of:

Fennekin, Fletchling, Inkay, and Amaura.

Doesn't exactly provide the best coverage, and this is also assuming that the Inka line can learn Surf, and that Fennekin (and possible Fletchling) have good designs upon Evolution.

I would, however, like to use the Budew and Surskit lines in this game too, though, partly due to them being some of my Favorite Pokémon, but also due to their final evolutions being a semi-duo comprising of Pokémon who'se names are based off of a masquerade, which is often deemed french-esque.

@0dan, doesnmt it say not to just point to signature?

Woot. First ever second post.
it said elaborate, which I did.

Nightmare Fuel

Comin' for Ya
Well, one o' these.
My team'll be:
Chespin/Froakie. Haven't decided which.
Whichever Kanto starter to go with it. Froakie with Bulbasaur or Chespin with Squirtle (sounds promising)
Talonflame. Inb4 screamed at for Fly slave.
A FAIRY. Probably Swirlix's evo...
Tyrantrum. I <3 it.
??? (Might be Bunnelby for it is adorbs)
Overall, good coverage (I think)

BugPokemonMaster316

For me, my team will most likely have Frogadier's evolution, since Frogadier has a really nice design and I'm hoping it's evo does too. Next will be Helioptile, since I like lizards in general, and my teams alway have at least one Electric type. The third spot will go to Tyrantrum since its a giant T-Rex and I love dinosaurs. Also, Duoblade will be on my team simply because of its design. Apart from those, I'm not sure of what I'll put on my team. All I know is that I will have a Fire type and Bug Type on my team. I will also try to only use Kalos Pokemon. As can be seen, I tend to pick my team based on looks, hence the reason I'm not using Vivillon as the design isn't exactly my favorite.

Rykel22

Info Gatherer
My team (so far)
Fennlekin, Skrelp, Amaura, Malamar, Heptile, Doublade.
Reserves: Noivern, Pangoro, Talonflame, Gogoat, Spritzee.
Decent coverage. I've always wanted a dark/psychic type and I want to see what Doublade can do.

Last edited:

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Team so far is:

Fennekin (female) - My favorite starter. Hope it gets nice Special Attack, and will be my Fire type, which i have lacked in the majority of the past games. Naming her Fennecia.

Skrelp - This is my second favorite Poke revealed thus far, after Helioptile. I hope it evolves into a threatening, ragged seahorse (maybe with a bit of draconic influence). Don't mind if it doesn't get the Dragon type, as I like both Poison and Water.

Helioptile - My favorite 6th Genner so far. Like many people, I hope it evolves into a Dragon-type frilled lizard, though the Normal type it holds seems rather strange, so I don't see it getting dropped.

Also considering Spritzee, as I have some hope it might evolve into a 'death' flamingo/plague doctor combo.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
My Signature tells it all. I am still thinking about my Alternates though.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
If I get XY, Zigzagoon (it's in the dex, right?) is a must for me. It's cute and awesome. Also, Pickup is pretty useful in-game to get quick money from nuggets or healing items.

Skiddo is definitely on my list to consider. The problem is I want to use Chespin too. I'm having a dilemma between Skiddo or Chespin. If I picked the former, I'd go for Froakie. Looks like only final evolution would tell (typing especially is important).

Next, MegaAmpharos or Lanturn. No news on Lanturn, so it looks like Ampharos has a better chance of being in the dex. I'm curious to see what XY will bring for everyone's favorite lighthouse Pokemon. I might go with Helioptile if Ampharos isn't catchable, or maybe I'll do a XY Nuzlocke before doing a proper run :>

Next slot goes to Doublade or one of the fossil mons. The problem is that with the fossil mons, it's usually pretty darn late in the game or it requires some hardcore searching (see DPPt). However, I don't like Doublade's pink part. They should've kept it blue but the design for its evo is slightly putting me off. I might go with Clauncher for that slot, but then again, I have to pick someone else if Lanturn or Froakie.

Only time will tell.

I'm doing a nuzlocke first before a proper run though.

Blaquaza

Elite Spritist
So far, I'm going with:

Froakie, Venusaur, Blaziken, Bunnelby, Pyroar/Helioptile, Tyrantrum and any Fairy or Flying-Type.

Underachiever007

Fennekin is my favourite starter, so that's what I'll be picking. Fletchling too, since I enjoy using the regional birds. Not really the best coverage, but whatever. The only other Pokemon I've finalized for my team is Pangoro, easily my favourite of the new Pokemon so far.

The fossil Pokemon look interesting too. Tyrantrum could very well make it into my team on the strength of its design alone, but I'm holding off to see the other new Pokes the game has to offer.

Not too interested in Mega Evolutions, with the notable exception of MegaMawile. If it's available in the game, it'll go on my team.

Last edited:

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
The ones I know will be on my team will be Fennekin, Bulbasaur and Nidoran M. The rest is either not been released yet or a mix of others. I will get a Mega Bulbasaur and the evolve form of Fennekin, but I do not know if I want to give Nidoran a disadvantage of water or not. He do get stronger being Nidoking, but Nidoran and Nidorino are great too.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Hmm, if I had to pick six from the Pokemon already revealed then I think I'd go for:
Fennekin/Braixen/???
Clauncher/???
Tyrunt/Tyrantrum
Pancham/Pangoro
Helioptile/???
Skiddo/Gogoat

However, I think I'll only end up using Fennekin, Tyrunt and Clauncher out of those. Looking forward to seeing what else comes up!

IMACHARIZARDGUY

Pokemon Master
Okay so for the first run or first few runs i will be hopefully using a total of 12 pokemon.

Froakie (Kermit) - This will actually be my first water type starter so i'm excited in that respect. I'm of course intrigued by the water / dark or water / fighting typing which will be helpful either way.
TalonFlame (Flame) - Since first seeing Fletchling i knew it was the region bird and i liked the red colouring. When i saw this beast i was amazed. I like the Flying / Fire typing and think it will be pretty powerful. Considering its dual type it can be used as my flying and fire attacker.
Pyroar (Simba) - I like this lion much better than Luxray. It being fire was the icing on the cake. It gives more variety to the team selection rather than having the starter fire pokemon.
Tyrantrum (T-REX) - Its a fossil dinosaur... pretty much explains it. The artwork is amazing and its move set looks similar but interesting. It being Rock and Dragon is just awesome and you know its going to get some really powerful moves
Helioptile (Electrile) - It looks amazing once again and its electric. I always have an electric pokemon on my team no matter what and since its the only one revealed that i like i am most likely going to use it.
Mewtwo X or Y - Either will work for me. Its typing is whats really attracting me to it - Psychic. The original was one of my top 5 favourites and the new designs and abilities will be a welcomed addition.

Thats my first 6 or main 6 that i want to use. However at times i will change a few of them and replace them with some of the following:

Mega Blaziken (Blaze) - I loved the mega version of this pokemon. I didn't really like the original but the new design looks good and its a free pokemon. It being fire is again the icing on the cake and hopefully it learns some new fire moves
Mega Charizard - This was my first pokemon i think and one of the first ones i ever saw in the anime properly being powerful etc. The Mega design is simple yet effective and i hope to use it in sky battles and test out the new moves
Yveltal - Out of the two legendaries revealed i like this the most. It is dark and flying, two of my personal favourite types. I liked the moves shown in the trailer and i feel its going to be one powerful pokemon.
Mega Blastoise - Replacement to Froakie for the water type in the team. Mostly using it because of nostalgia but the new design is right damn amazing. Hopefully it makes use of its new ability with some powerful moves.
Gogoat - Riding Pokemon that just looks cool. I love the design and the fact that its PURE grass is okay with me. Rather than Grass / ground or something else.
Sylveon - I had to have one fairy on my team. I ordered Y so the next toughest fairy revealed is the new eevee evolution. I can see it being poweful and seeing as it was the first Fairy pokemon revealed i can see a host of good new moves for it.

Pokemon im on the edge with are Meowstic and Oorotto. Waiting to see the move set and just if i need it on my team. The designs look good so far. But i want to see the official Oorotto artwork.

Gampi

ガンピ
Planning on getting Froakie, since it's my favourite of the Kalos starters. Squirtle because Blastoise is my favourite of the final Kanto starter evolutions. Lucario if it's in the Kalos dex, if not then Doublade. I have a stupid plan to obtain two Helioptile and call one "Flotsam" and the other "Jetsam". I'll probably end up with a Malamar or a Pangoro somewhere along the journey, maybe even Spritzee.
I'm not going to finalize my team before release because it will just constantly change anyways when I play the game. The only part of my team which is anywhere near a final idea is the Helioptile part.

-- 5th Oct EDIT --
Thinking about it now. My final team is probably going to end up being:
  • Chesnaught
  • Barbaracle
  • Bisharp
  • Aromatisse
  • Hawlucha
    ... and an as-of-yet unknown 6th member. Which will most likely be either Goodra, Gyarados, or Blastoise.

Last edited:

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
I will likely catch and train anywhere from 10-12 6th gen Pokemon, same as I do every generation. I will level them all up evenly as I progress through the game. This is indeed a time consuming process, but I get enjoyment out of it.

Now which ones will make it into this list? Right now I have Froakie's final evolution, Doublade, Aurorus, Gogoat, Noivern, Helioptile, Skrelp, and Malamar. I am choosing them all based solely on their designs as I always do.

I will also work that Kanto starter in there some how. Don't know which one I'll pick yet. Not Bulbasaur because I already have a level 100 Venusaur.

I also still need to come up with names for all of these. Hm... decisions, decisions...

Last edited:

Dinosti

I'm here, yeah...
I know I'll be getting a Bulbasuar and a Froakie but fir the rest of my team I'll just catch whatever catches my eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.