• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverSoul94

Mediocre Writer
This is a VERY rough draft, but I'm thinking my X team might just be...

Greninja, MegaCharizard X/Talonflame (rotated Fire-Types), Trevenant, Malamar, Aurorus, and Heliolisk.

There's just. SO much that could change...

rocky505

It's update time!

Chesnaught
Talonflame
Tyrantrum
Blastoise
Aegislash

Thinking of using an electric type as my last member, it needs to be a special attacker too. So maybe one of these.

Jolteon/Ampharos/Manectric

landshaymin

Follow my lead.
My team might be:
Fennekin, Charmander (will always be in)
Trevenant, Meowstic, Sylveon, Meowstic, Malamar, Aegislash (I'll rotate them)

I'll use them because I like their designs and typing.
Maybe I'll use some old Pokémon but I'm not sure.

I'm getting Y as download but maybe I'll buy X as physical copy.
I'm not sure but I might use then:
Chespin, Squirtle, Goomy, Klefki, Florges and some other old Pokémon.

Last edited:

taran47

Eevee Trainer
So far the only decisions I've made are I'll choose Fennekin and Bulbasaur for my two starters. I've loved Helioptile since it was leaked so it'll make it. I think Amaura for the fossil between those two.... after that point I'm having a really hard time deciding >.<

Most likely my Pokémon X team will be the following but for Pokémon Y I am still thinking, especially about the last slot on my team.

Pokémon X:
Greninja, Charizard, Florges, Heliolisk, Hawlucha and Aegislash.

Pokémon Y:
Chesnaught, Blastoise, Pyroar, Goodra, Sylveon and either Aurorus or Avalugg (leaning toward Aurorus).

Edit: Aurorus, from what we've seen of Avalugg's stats just recently...it'd get wrecked like no one's business. Extremely disappointing Special Defense and to add to that, Special Attack...

Last edited:

Underachiever007

My first playthrough team will be:

Chestnaught
MegaCharizard X
Pangoro
Clawitzer
Trevenant
Meostick

My second playthrough team will be:

Delphox
Talonflame
Hawlucha
Florges
Aegislash
Barbaracle

EDIT: Typed Furfrou instead of Barbaracle for some reason. Fix'd.

Last edited:

cmats4020

1st Playthrough
Delphox
Gardevoir
Aurorus
Aegislash
Vivillon
Skrelp evo

2nd Playthrough
Greninja
Gardevoir
Meowstic
Gogoat
Florges
Trevenant

3rd Playthrough
Chesnaught
Gardevoir
Malamar
Noivern
Klefki
Furfrou

Final Team
TBD

Sawsbuck

Eeveelution trainer
I am also getting both games,

So, my Y team.
Greninja(Female) - Named after Heqet the Egyptian goddess of frogs.
Venasaur - Named David in memorial after he passed away on Wednesday.
Aurorus - Probably will be named Aurora
Floette (Florges if it is the final evolution) - Will be named after a flower, so either Tulip or Daffodil
Talonflame - Don't have a nickname yet.

And for my sixth spot I'm going through turmoil like really, I really love Vivillion but I also really like Skrelp's evolution.

And for my X Team,

Delphox(Female) - Nicknamed Delphi (After the Oracle of Delphi)
Charizard(Female) - Chamille.
Tyrantrum - Terrance.
Heliolisk - None yet.
Avalugg - Titanic (Yes, I'm naming the thing that destroyed the Titanic just that.)

And yet again I cannot decide on my sixth Pokémon. :(

Teraflare

The fact that the regional Pokedex consists of 450 Pokemon in total allows for countless awesome combinations and provides flexibility, but I've decided to use Kalos Pokemon only! My starter will most likely be Froakie, them Water Shurikens sound awesome! After that i believe i Honedge and Flebebe are must haves, while i still haven't decided whether i will use male or female Moewstic! I immediately fell in love with Goomy, thus i will catch it as soon as i find one, as for my sixth Pokemon, Skrelp, Amaura and Phantump are all possible choices. I can't wait for next Saturday; this game will be a blast!

jeffyisaraichu

Twilight Princess
I know I am choosing Chespin and Bulbasaur for my starters (I know they're the same type-ish, but they are my favorites XD)
Others on my team: Pancham, Furfrou, Dedenne, and Amaura
For now I am just basing my choices on looks...but, I'll be getting both so I can try other combos
On X I'll probably choose Charmander as my Kanto starter...most likely. Still using Chespin
Others for my X team: Meowstic, Dedenne, Swirlix, Honedge
Probably obvious that I am not a competitive battler ;^__^

JW1004

It is pretty hard for me to make a team atm, I am not even sure about the starter anymore at this point

XXD17

Draco rex
Dang...all these new pokes...it's getting harder to pick lol

Delphox is a definitely
Heliolisk made it on the list just for being a greninja counter and looking cool
Goodra is a definitely

Now the others are still in the air...I was originally going to pick charmander, box it and train to mega evolve later....but with the revelation of megazard X, I'm tempted to use it as my flyer...if I do, that will easily replace noivern who was going to be my original flyer...some pokemon that are in the air at the moment include hawlucha, tyrantrum, and malamar...mega aerodactyl is also VERY tempting...

Tenilius

For my team I'll add to it as I go, for new gens I usually only pick a starter out of the three final evolutions.
In Gen VI I'll be taking Greninja, haven't chosen anything else, but I do have some favourites so far like the Skrelp and Flabebe lines.

Grey Wind

The leaks have helped me decide on my team a little more. I'm definitely starting with Froakie and I'll probably pick up Charmander to cover my Fire and Flying needs (sorry Pyroar). I adore Goomy and Sliggoo, so hopefully I'll warm up to Goodra once we get better images, and if it ends up as Poison or Fairy then I'll definitely use it. Phantump is adorable and has actually made me like Trevenant a lot more, so I'll probably use either that, Gourgeist or Gogoat, depending on how useful they are. I'm leaning towards the former two though, because I don't think I've ever used a Ghost before.

I'm undecided on my last two spots. I'd like to have a Ground, Poison or Steel type though, because right now I'm probably lacking Fairy coverage and I just like Ground types in general. I'm also eyeing up Heliolisk for coverage, but supposedly it has bad stats or something so idk.

So right now, my team is looking like:

Greninja
Charizard
Trevenant/Gourgeist/Gogoat
Goodra/???
Heliolisk/???
???

Regality

Digital King
The only two I have decided on are Chesnaught and Charizard...
And even Charizard is up for debate, might get Blastoise instead...

But yeah, definitely Chesnaught as I really like the design.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Team Changes again! :D
Game 1:
Main Team
  • Geninja (Water / Dark)
  • Charizard (MegaZard X) (Fire / Flying (Dragon))
  • Malamar (Psychic / Dark)
  • Tyrantum (Rock / Dragon)
  • Aegislash (Steel / Ghost)
  • Wildcard 2
Reserves:
  • Pangoro (Fight / Dark)
  • Pyroar (Normal / Fire)
In Limbo
  • Noivern (Flying / Dragon) Due to be too late in game.
  • Goodra (Dragon / ???) Depends on second type.
  • Gorgheist ( Grass / Ghost) Depends if I get Goodra or not.

Game 2: Hardest to decide lol
Main Team
  • Delphox (Fire / Psychic)
  • (Mega)Blastoise (Water)
  • Sylveon (Fairy)
  • Meowstick (f) (Psychic)
  • Amaurus (Rock / Ice)
  • Wildcard
Reserves:
  • Vivillion (Bug / Flying)

Doubting:
  • Gorgheist (Grass / Ghost) Depends if I use him in my main game
  • Florges (Fairy) She seems pretty cool to use

Shraeder

It's Lit
It's update time!

Chesnaught
Talonflame
Tyrantrum
Blastoise
Aegislash

Thinking of using an electric type as my last member, it needs to be a special attacker too. So maybe one of these.

Jolteon/Ampharos/Manectric

Heliolisk could work as a Special Attacker too, unless you dislike it.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Mh, with all the new reveals we got lately, I just can't make any decisions! So far, I still got this...

- Chespin > Quilladin > Chesnaught
- Fletchling > Fletchinder > Talonflame
- Tyrunt > Tyrantrum

And in my "undecided Pokémon" list, I got this...

- Swirlix > Slurpuff
- Helioptile > Heliolisk
- Skrelp > Its evolution

Really hope to get all the new Kalos Pokémon in front of me so I can make a final decision!

I Like Pie!

Smile smile smile!
For now, just fixed on Chesnaught and Charizard as my starters. :D

If I don't find any cooler Water types this Gen, I will go with Clawitzer. :D

Naito

I realized it doesn't matter how many new Pokemon there will be in game, I will still have some of the olders in my team. But I am having a really hard time deciding.
What I am sure about are Charizard and Chesnaught (even though I prefer Delphox, I don't want to have two fire starters in the same time)
Then the water place will be taken by Clawitzer. I hoped for it to be dual-typed, but whatever.
I will either go for Umbreon or Weavile, but since Weavile is dual-typed, it is more likely, even though I like Umbreon a little bit more.
Tyrantrum is no doubt, that will be in my team no matter what, but then there comes a problem, because I soooo so so want also Goodra in my main team
I was considering multiple other choices, like Dedenne, Gliscor, Ampharos, Gourgeist and maybe even Heliolisk.

So my main 6 should look like this:
Charizard(Mega X): Fire/Flying - Fire/Dragon
Chesnaught: Grass/Fighting
Clawitzer: Water
Tyrantrum: Rock/Dragon
Weavile: Dark/Ice / Umbreon: Dark
Gliscor: Ground/Flying (if it is found within the mountain dex) / Ampharos: Electric / Goodra: Dragon / Gourgeist: Ghost/Grass

*sigh* I guess I will rotate them anyway :D

Status
Not open for further replies.