• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Still haven't decided on my full team, but so far its:
Froakie
Litleo
Tyrant

I need a pokemon that can fly but not fussed on any of the new pokemon. They are the only 3 I really like this gen, so it leaves room for other pokemon for me.

Last Entei

Charizard Master!
My team(Hopefully)

Fennekin (If theres a different looking male one)
Charmander (Cause I love Charizard)
Honedge
Goomy
Torchic(maybe)

Have to wait for Saturday to know if these 5 will certainly be in it,want to see who Is there at the start to catch

jubigan

In-Game Master
I will have to change my sig for my team....I only have one 3DS, but two games.....and I don't know of anyone else that has a 3DS...so. This is what I am thinking for my team in Y:

Trainer: Sequoyah
Pokémon:
Froakie (Tobirama)
Torchic (Minato)
Charmander (Hiruzen)
Amaura (Haku)
Honedge (Madara)
Phantump (Hashirama)

Now....must remember to change my sig...

Atlidevil

Game Hoarder
I'm not quite sure but I'm thinking.
Fennekin
Pangoro
Noivern.

Those three I'm definitely getting. The other three I'm just gonna wait until the game comes out and if a Pokémon catches my interest I'll catch it. Gen 6 only of course.

For the first time ever, I'll be doing a mono type team: DARK

It all started with Absol's mega evolution. It's just too good. Last week I started a new Emerald game and put a cheat to get Absol as my starter, to pump myself up for X and Y, and I love Absol so much now! One of the best pokemon designs ever, and the mega evolution just takes it over the top! I also always pick the water starter, and this gen I was actually contemplating going with Fennekin. Luckily, assassin's/ninja's are my go to class in most RPG's, and that's what froakie turned into, so i'm good to go there! Also, I don't usually use legendaries, but I truly think that Yveltal is one of the best legendaries ever, design wise. So here's my team!

Greninja
Absol
Hydreigon
Malamar
Bisharp
Krookodile/Yveltal (once I get him)

I am so pumped for this game!

Räven Velish

black lives matter
A question about YOUR teams: how many of you are organizing your teams in specific ways? Are you using all New pokemon? Are you using one from each region? Are you going to use a Kanto starter? Just curious, I want to hear opinions before I plan my own team. ;)

thetamale

A question about YOUR teams: how many of you are organizing your teams in specific ways? Are you using all New pokemon? Are you using one from each region? Are you going to use a Kanto starter? Just curious, I want to hear opinions before I plan my own team. ;)

Until I beat the league new Pokemon all the way. It's always the way I've done it and there's so many to be put into rotation this gen. I'm going to end up plodding through the story to keep everyone at a high enough level.

Icegaze

I'm looking at having the following team:

-Team core-
1. Froakie (Kakashi): my favourite design, ninja (in its final form), water and dark type
2. Charmender: my favourite starter of all time, mega evolution (X) hence part dragon type
3. Helioptile: awesome design, nice ability, speedster
4. Lucario: top 5 of my all time favourite Pokemon, fighting and steel, highly versitile
5. Gengar: nice typing, awesome design, mega evolution

-Wild card-
6. Undecided (most likely water type, I'm thinking Lapras for surf, waterfall/dive)

Update:
Greninja
Charizard
Heliolisk
Lucario
Gengar or Gardevoir (leaning towards the latter)
Mamoswine or Lapras (leaning towards the former)

TheChamberlain

I am thinking of this team, if possible(not entirely too sure about the exclusives outside of a few)

Froakie, Pyroar, Bulbasaur, Honedge, Tyrunt, and Hawlucha

Blaziken77

I got my new team planned!
Here it goes:

Greninja
Charizard (X)
Blaziken
Heliolisk
Trevenant
Hawlucha/Noivern

I was thinking of using type advantages and having a balanced team for the gyms but I don't know any cities or gyms in this game(thankfully).
I'm going with my favourites and no old Pokemon unless they have megas.

Icegaze

I always want a team mainly based on the newer Pokemon of the generation. But this time around, I feel there isn't enough choice given the limited number of new Pokemon (less than 70).
So, I've decided to balance my team of 6 with as many different types as possible. I will have a water/dark, fire/flying/dragon (Mega evo), electric/normal, fighting/steel, psychic/fairy and ice/ground. That makes it 13 different types represented out of 18! I have a preference for Pokemon of dual typing.

Finally, I make sure that I have the following elements in my list of attacks: fire, water, electric, fighting, pyschic, ice and dragon. Those are a must for me.

Last edited:

scrambledtogepi

Pokemon I will definitely have on my team:
Chespin- Kellam or Kjelle
Fletchling- Cynthia (I will make sure it is a girl)- It is the most lovable regional bird ever and deserves a chance to shine before it gets stealth rocked into obscurity.
Skrelp-
Gerome or Nowi
- even though I'm getting X this is an absolute must have. I'd almost be willing to mug someone for a Skrelp, but feel comfortable it won't come to that.
Xerneas- Mascot pokemon is a must for any story playthrough team. I may nickname it Naga, but I usually don't nickname legendary pokemon

Will definitely be on my team if I can get it
Mawile- Henry or Tharja- Have you seen that thing? It looks awesome. I've always liked Mawile and this is just the excuse to use it.

Possibles for slots five and six:
Inkay, Helioptile, Amaura, Blastoise, Charizard.

PegasusxSeiya

Shiny Hunter
I still haven't fully decided on my team. I'm debating whether I want my play through to be Gen VI only like I did for Black, or if I want to use the old Pokes accessible in-game as well. But so far I've chosen these for sure:
-Greninja
-Charizard X
~~
I've been thinking about Meowstic as well, but am still unsure because I am also considering Malamar so he may be my Psychic.
Also possibilities:
-Trevenant
-Heliolisk
-Pyroar

I'm not a big fan of the Gen VI fairies (except maybe Klefki), but I'm hoping we'll have a decent choice of non-fairy types that can use fairy moves so I can still make use of the benefits of the new coverage.
I like Mega Blaziken's design so I may use him for my Y game when I get it. With so many Pokemon nowadays it's very hard to pick a team of just 6, so I guess I won't truly know my full team until I start playing and make snap decisions along the way :)

syntoku

My team for 3v3 battles online, will probably be something like:

Blastoise- holding Megastone
Moves: Depending on what's affected by its mega launcher ability, it'll probably go something like this:
-Water pulse (depending on how much more powerful mega launcher makes it) unless its still weaker than surf, in which case I'll opt for surf
-Ice beam (coverage)
-Focus blast (I believe it also gets a boost from mega launcher, also for coverage)
-Water spout (Super accurate although health dependant move)

Description: Blastoise's mega form will be the main focus of the team, once set up, with its great defence and extremely powerful upgraded special attack it will be able to shrug off most priority moves like extreme speed while dishing out tremendous damage with water spout, once under a certain HP thresh-hold surf becomes a more powerful and just as accurate option

Politoed- Holding Choice Scarf, Ability: Drizzle
Moves: A standard suicide lead Politoed, unless theres a Ninetails or possible mega Charizard Y on the opposing team, then try to keep this alive as long as possible.
-Hydro pump
-Ice beam
-Focus blast
-Toxic (a just in case move, to outlast opposing weather users)

Jolteon- Holding Shuca Berry (Halves a supper effective ground type moves damage) Abillity: Volt absorb
Moves: Jolteon is the one to set up Blastoise, strategy explained below
-Agility
-Baton pass
-Thunder
-Toxic/Detect (whichever you would prefer)

Strategy: So I've been testing this on PO with a placeholder MegaBlastoise (A normal Blastoise with choice specs to somewhat emulate the boosted SpA, it isnt as good as the real deal though it still does amazing, which goes to show this monsters true potential.) You start by sending in Politoed, to activate drizzle, now theres two choices: If the enemy doesn't appear to have a weather starter on their team than go with a suicide hydro pump. If they do look like they have one, KEEP POLITOED ALIVE, once rain is properly up switch to Jolteon, now Jolteon has the best synergy with this team for two reasons: if you predict something to hit Politoed or Blastoise with an electric move, or paralysis, you can switch to Jolteon to absorb it and heal its health, the other reason is that Jolteon attracts earthquake users like moth's to a flame, we're counting on this, Use agility and tank an earthquake with the Shuca berry, one agility is usually enough to make blastoise faster than most threats, so on the second turn baton pass, one of two things will usually happen: The opponent will predict your Pass and switch to something else, OR they will attempt to EQ you again, either one is favourable as now you have your Blastoise on the field, Mega evolve and waterspout to victory!

Thatonegamer

Greninja Trainer
Jolteon- Holding Shuca Berry (Halves a supper effective ground type moves damage) Abillity: Volt absorb
Moves: Jolteon is the one to set up Blastoise, strategy explained below
-Agility
-Baton pass
-Thunder
-Toxic/Detect (whichever you would prefer)

I really liked Jolteon's moveset! What nature were you thinking of?

-

My Pokémon X team:

Greninja - Surf, Hydro pump, Close Combat? (mostly likely not)/Bounce, Aerial Ace
(Mega) Blaziken - Close Combat, Flamethrower/Flare Blitz, Dig, Brave Bird
Slurpuff - Fairy Wind, (All I got lol)
Noivern - Fly? (Hopefully), Dragon Claw?, Aerial Ace?

I'm not sure about the rest haha

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I still haven't fully decided on my team. I'm debating whether I want my play through to be Gen VI only like I did for Black, or if I want to use the old Pokes accessible in-game as well. But so far I've chosen these for sure:
-Greninja
-Charizard X
~~
I've been thinking about Meowstic as well, but am still unsure because I am also considering Malamar so he may be my Psychic.
Also possibilities:
-Trevenant
-Heliolisk
-Pyroar

I'm not a big fan of the Gen VI fairies (except maybe Klefki), but I'm hoping we'll have a decent choice of non-fairy types that can use fairy moves so I can still make use of the benefits of the new coverage.
I like Mega Blaziken's design so I may use him for my Y game when I get it. With so many Pokemon nowadays it's very hard to pick a team of just 6, so I guess I won't truly know my full team until I start playing and make snap decisions along the way :)

I'm going to scale the new 35-lines into groups of 10, which I will call OU, UU, NU. There are 35 lines, but 3 are legendary, and I'll have to do without Delphox for most of the game, so that leaves me with 31 new lines (I'll trade for Chespin, an additional starter).

So far I have:

OU:
- Chespin
- Froakie
- Fletchling
- Honedge
- Skrelp
- Bergmite
- Noibat
- Phantump
- Binacle
- Helioptile
UU: First six are perhaps considered as 'Borderline', the rest will be trained well enough, but will likely stay up to 5 or 10 levels behind the OU-group.
- Pancham
- Amaura
- Hawlucha
- Tyrunt
- Skiddo
- Klefki
- Litleo
- Spritzee
- Flabébé
- Goomy
NU: I find no pleasure in proposing to use these pokemon.
- Scatterbug
- Clauncher
- Swirlix
- Furfrou
- Espurr
- Carbink
- Pumpkaboo
- Dedenne
- Inkay
- Bunnelby

syntoku

I really liked Jolteon's moveset! What nature were you thinking of?

For natures:
Blastoise +Spe -attack, EV's would be 252 SpA 252 Spe and 4 HP

Jolteon (It's meant to survive earthquake as long as possible and as such is a little unorthodox) +Def -attack, EV's 252 Def 252 HP 4 Spe

Politoed +SpA -attack, EV's 252 Spa 252 Spe, 4 HP

Status
Not open for further replies.